Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-11-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

First off you dont get to this level by being scared of being exposed and second he isnt an elite player that might find an advantage to not jeopardizing his draft status, just the opposite.
Huh? I agree with you 100%. I'm raising questions, not answering them.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill knows he's the 3rd best QB and that no one else is going to declare so why bother risking his stock. This happens every year.

He knows he's a legitimate 1st rounder as long as the QB need is as high as it is.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russ Lande now reporting that Tannehill's foot is broken.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Russ Lande now reporting that Tannehill's foot is broken.
No Senior Bowl was no problem, no combine and private workouts will really hurt his stock in being a top 15 pick, maybe slides to round 2.
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hopefully a team gets needy and take him anyways. Always good for some draft surprises.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I don't know if this necessarily hurts Tannehill's stock as much as it takes away an opportunity for him to improve it dramatically. Either way it's a big loss for the Senior Bowl though as I thought Tannehill had a chance to be one of the stars of the week.
I would agree; it may not necessarily help his draft stock, but I don't think it hurts his stock at all either.

If anything, I think it cements him from dropping out of the 1st because of teams seeing any practical weaknesses in his game. I think a great senior bowl week with him establishing himself as the best QB there could propel him near the #10-13 range, but he can't play himself out of the mid-late 1st now.

On a side note: Did Tyler Wilson from Ark declare or is he going back to school? I can only see him challenging Tannehill for the 3rd QB spot, but I think it would be best for his development to go back to Arkansas and vie for the #2 QB spot, and a top 5-7 overall draft slot.

Last edited by stl705 : 01-12-2012 at 12:57 PM.
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
No Senior Bowl was no problem, no combine and private workouts will really hurt his stock in being a top 15 pick, maybe slides to round 2.
I doubt he slides to round two, we've seen this before where a guy can't workout and it doesn't effect his draft stock at all. Plus you have a lot of Quarterback hungry teams in the top 20......Cleveland, Washington, Miami, Kansas City, Seattle, Arizona?
Old 01-12-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prediction: One of the Patriots 1st rounders will be traded to a team trading up for Ryan Tannehill.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I doubt he slides to round two, we've seen this before where a guy can't workout and it doesn't effect his draft stock at all. Plus you have a lot of Quarterback hungry teams in the top 20......Cleveland, Washington, Miami, Kansas City, Seattle, Arizona?
position players and athletic freaks yes....but QB's ? - not being able to see his footwork and throwing the tree routes will have teams pause
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
How does one injure their foot in a passing drill?
He tripped over Brian Griese's dog.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Prediction: One of the Patriots 1st rounders will be traded to a team trading up for Ryan Tannehill.
For a 2013 first rounder.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:53 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predict he goes top 12, even if he is still in a cast on draft day. This is an elite prospect, and he can still interview.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I predict he goes top 12, even if he is still in a cast on draft day. This is an elite prospect, and he can still interview.

J
Tannehill is not an elite prospect, he has talent but is extremely raw at this point and will need a lot of development to reach his potential. While he has a high ceiling, there is no way to tell at this point whether or not he will ever get there.

His injury will hurt him a lot IMO, because he has lost an opportunity to show off his potential after receiving pro coaching at the Senior Bowl.

IMO, he is a borderline 1st rounder who some really desperate team might take a shot on late in round 1, but I won't be shocked if he lasts till round 2.
I don't think he is ready to start in year 1 and will need a lot of training to adjust to the next level.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Tannehill is not an elite prospect, he has talent but is extremely raw at this point and will need a lot of development to reach his potential. While he has a high ceiling, there is no way to tell at this point whether or not he will ever get there.

His injury will hurt him a lot IMO, because he has lost an opportunity to show off his potential after receiving pro coaching at the Senior Bowl.

IMO, he is a borderline 1st rounder who some really desperate team might take a shot on late in round 1, but I won't be shocked if he lasts till round 2.
I don't think he is ready to start in year 1 and will need a lot of training to adjust to the next level.
Sounds a lot like the description of Jake Locker last year who went number 8 overall. Despite all our projections on where we think QBs should get picked last year's draft really illustrated that if a team needs a QB they will trade up or spend a high first rounder no matter what. Last year's QB class was heavily criticized and four QBs ended up going in the Top 12.

I'd rank Tannehill behind Locker but ahead of Ponder and Gabbert from the 2011 class. Last year the Redskins did supposedly have their sights set on Locker and Tannehill is a fairly similar prospect (raw, athletic, strong arm, good character) so I would not be shocked if the Redskins ended up getting him 6th overall.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Sounds a lot like the description of Jake Locker last year who went number 8 overall. Despite all our projections on where we think QBs should get picked last year's draft really illustrated that if a team needs a QB they will trade up or spend a high first rounder no matter what. Last year's QB class was heavily criticized and four QBs ended up going in the Top 12.

I'd rank Tannehill behind Locker but ahead of Ponder and Gabbert from the 2011 class. Last year the Redskins did supposedly have their sights set on Locker and Tannehill is a fairly similar prospect (raw, athletic, strong arm, good character) so I would not be shocked if the Redskins ended up getting him 6th overall.
Tannehill had a lot less starts than Locker, isnt as athletic and doesnt have quite the arm. I do see your point though about teams getting infatuated with overdrafting QBs, thus i half agree with what you're saying.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Tannehill had a lot less starts than Locker, isnt as athletic and doesnt have quite the arm. I do see your point though about teams getting infatuated with overdrafting QBs, thus i half agree with what you're saying.
Agree for the most part. It will be interesting to see how Tannehill compares to Locker athletically. He did play WR for A&M for 2.5 years and was very good - I hope he is ready in time for the combine to do the drills.

I think Tannehill is further along as a passer than Locker was last year though and his time under Sherman did pay off. If Locker had more than one year with Sark he would have been further along in his passing coming out.

Locker is the tits though...love him. Tannehill was my guy this year, he played pretty well but I was a little disappointed - his play could of been a little better and consistent.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote