Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jets hire Sparano as Offensive Coordinator

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...schottenheimer
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck with one of the top ten most difficult coordinator jobs in pro football. And I don't even think Sparano was ever an OC...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This meme will probably accurately describe sparano on the job.

soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Good luck with one of the top ten most difficult coordinator jobs in pro football. And I don't even think Sparano was ever an OC...
I'm pretty sure he was, at least for Dallas.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the hire. He should get the run game back on track and that's what the Jets are equipped to do.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sparano is not an OC... He's an OL coach who was promoted to a HC position because Parcells saw him as a guy who could lead a team. And I thought Sparano was an OK HC, but will likely be a terrible OC.

What a terrible hire for the Jets. Even as a Pats fan, I feel sorry for the fans. Serious downgrade from Brian Schottenheimer, who took way too much heat.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really understand this, rumor is that Sporano and Haley were a package deal, I guess the Jets really wanted Haley?
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
I don't really understand this, rumor is that Sporano and Haley were a package deal, I guess the Jets really wanted Haley?
The two have apparently been talking about teaming up the last few weeks so there's a good chance Haley comes as well.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Sparano is not an OC... He's an OL coach who was promoted to a HC position because Parcells saw him as a guy who could lead a team. And I thought Sparano was an OK HC, but will likely be a terrible OC.

What a terrible hire for the Jets. Even as a Pats fan, I feel sorry for the fans. Serious downgrade from Brian Schottenheimer, who took way too much heat.
He called the plays for Dallas in 2006... and that was a pretty decent offense.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the hire. Get the focus back on the OL, which was the unit that fell apart this year and brought everyone else with it.

I still think the Jets are a victim of their own success and a big mouthed coach. They overachieved for 2 straight years and this year came back to where they always should have been. Same as the Bucs this year really.

Time to deliver for Sanchez though. Now or never basically.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Serious downgrade from Brian Schottenheimer, who took way too much heat.
lol wut?

At least Sparano may have the gut to make Sanchez develop or pack his bags.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good hire if Haley comes along with him, otherwise i dont like it. We still need someone to develop Sanchez and Sparano is not the man for that job

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the good thing is that the bane of the Jets offense's existence is gone with Schottenheimer out. He's the REAL reason Mark Sanchez is so bad.

I think Sparano is only the first hire anyway. Replaces Bill Callahan basically...IMO...might not really be that way...probably isn't.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Well the good thing is that the bane of the Jets offense's existence is gone with Schottenheimer out. He's the REAL reason Mark Sanchez is so bad.

I think Sparano is only the first hire anyway. Replaces Bill Callahan basically...IMO...might not really be that way...probably isn't.
The reason why Sanchez is so bad is because of Sanchez.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Jets are expected to "scale back the playbook" and focus on a ground-and-pound offensive approach under new coach Tony Sparano.
Sources tell ESPN New York that outgoing OC Brian Schottenheimer ran a "high-volume offense" that overwhelmed Mark Sanchez. Sparano is expected to run a simplified version with increased two-tight end sets.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ge-performance

I guess all the two man route concepts were overwhelming. #BlameSchotty
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote