Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who are you taking now in Denver's slot?
Demaryius Thomas 22 40.00%
Dez Bryant 33 60.00%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Ahhhh, another ridiculously too early question based on one catch 2 days ago and a good second half to the season by Thomas. The world we live in....

Way to early to tell, both are inconsistent and have had injury trouble. Thomas' second half is probably more productive than Dez has been yet in the NFL, but Dez probably has better talent. After next season the picture will more than likely be a lot clearer.
Wait, I need to correct myself. After looking at Thomas' stats, he actually hasn't even been that productive. He had 32 catches for 550 and 4 TD's. And most of those came in a few chunky plays. I thought he had a much better season.

That's not even close to Dez's stats (63 catches, 928 yards, 9 TDs), and Dez isn't even close to developed yet

Why is this a even a thread?
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez has a legit passer.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a huge Thomas fan coming out, one of his bigger fans on this forum, but come on guys, it's a little early to declare anything about him don't you think?

He has to prove he can stay healthy, and even then, we have no idea what he really is bc he doesn't have a qb who can consistently get him the ball.

Dez surely has his flaws, but he's also got untapped potential and while he may not be as productive as we expected, he was still pretty damn productive this year. Not every WR is going to be fully developed by year 2.

We have to give both of these guys more time before we say anything. Let's just say they both have a lot of potential.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does Thomas think he is better than Bryant?

“I know I’m a better person than Dez,” Thomas said. “That’s how I feel. I feel like I’m a better receiver, too. Bigger, faster.”

I think this sums it up... if you read the article he even says that Dez benefited from playing in a system that makes him more polished right now...but natural talent thomas is better
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gimme Dez. I was a huge fan of Dez and had him in my top 5 that year. Thomas was good down the stretch, but I will still take Dez every day. Until proven wrong I guess.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco27 View Post
Why does Thomas think he is better than Bryant?

“I know I’m a better person than Dez,” Thomas said. “That’s how I feel. I feel like I’m a better receiver, too. Bigger, faster.”

I think this sums it up... if you read the article he even says that Dez benefited from playing in a system that makes him more polished right now...but natural talent thomas is better
Who cares what he said? I think i'm better than Jerry Rice, does that make me better than him? Besides, Dez lives by a code where he doesn't talk about any other players to the media. He's actually a good dude and his "off-field issues" are blown ridicuously out of proportion because he's a Cowboy.

Natural talent thomas is better? LOLzzzzzz no.

Thomas may weight about 10 pounds more and have a slightly better 40 time, but other than that Dez is superior in every category. Even with the extra ten pounds, Dez is probably harder to bring down. Jump balls, natural hands, lateral moves, etc. are all on Dez's side. Dez is just so much smoother as a receiver.

Have you seen Dez return punts? Thomas has had a few flashy plays over the second half of the season, I don't really get the hype? He scored an 80 yard TD on terrible coverage that probably 75% of WR's in the NFL would've score on. I like Thomas and Dez has a much better QB, but I still don't understand how this is even a thread..

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-11-2012 at 02:44 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what Denver does, and the overall team they are DT fits in much more than Dez would.

Could you imagine Dez's attitude with not only having to run block on most plays, but also having easy passes to him missed 4-5 times a game? Ugh it be Marshall 2.0 here in Denver.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was never sold on Bryant, and I still am not. I think right now that Bryant is more polished than Thomas and looks more smooth as a receiver. But that being said I'd take Thomas in the long run. Thomas is a bigger and faster by a good amount I think. It is a wash on their hands as they both drop some easy passes but make some incredible acrobatic catches. I think Dez has a slightly better vertical jump although Thomas is really close in that category too. I like that Thomas is a good blocker and is willing to do so while Bryant really isn't. I don't think Bryant is a bad person but I think he is still pretty immature and while he has gotten better I think Thomas's lack of red flags makes his character a little better.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I was a huge Thomas fan coming out, one of his bigger fans on this forum, but come on guys, it's a little early to declare anything about him don't you think?

He has to prove he can stay healthy, and even then, we have no idea what he really is bc he doesn't have a qb who can consistently get him the ball.

Dez surely has his flaws, but he's also got untapped potential and while he may not be as productive as we expected, he was still pretty damn productive this year. Not every WR is going to be fully developed by year 2.

We have to give both of these guys more time before we say anything. Let's just say they both have a lot of potential.

That's not the way this forum works though BBD, it's what have you done for me lately, and lately all we are seeing is DT highlights in a playoff game so he's better. Had you asked the same question in October it would have been a landslide.

Quote:
The Dallas Media said that?! The Dallas Media and fans overreacting about football? No ******* way. I'm an avid listener to sports talk here in Dallas, and I don't think I've heard any rumblings about trading Dez.

For some odd reason, because he lives in Dallas it's ok for him to make up **** that doesn't make sense what so ever and act like that's the majority feeling. But yea, everyone here wanted to "cut their losses", it's not like he had any production or anything.

DT has as many TD's in his career as Dez tallied up as a rookie. That's not even taking into consideration that Dez was catching punts running backwards at 6'2 220lbs and still out running everyone.

I also don't care if I get called a homer for it, but it annoys the hell out of me to see people call Dez a "punk". Anyone care to explain what that means? Because being a young, immature kid and a "punk" are two completely different things. But I guess he's a menace to society because he likes to put things on lay away and not pay for them. Lol.

It's a complete toss up who could end up better, and the potential on both guys is the same, incredibly high. As would with any WR with their size/speed/strength ratio. But Dez came out a better WR, produced consistently since he's been in the league in many different aspects, and if you look at his stats his arrow is pointing completely up. Nothing DT has done up to date has shown me he's better right now.

You could argue that QB play is why Dez has better numbers, but he honestly did better with Kitna. Romo hasn't learned that you can throw it to Dez when he's not open, Kitna and even McGee understand that so they let him go get the ball and he does. It's funny how DT only has to make a few plays to be better, but those few plays in his career somehow over shadow all the TD's Dez has produced in 2 years now(17 TD's in 27 games, but hey, who cares about that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 01-12-2012 at 04:42 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm glad your team took Bulago too, and nobody, ever questioned or mentioned trading Dez except idiots. Cutting their losses, really? Way to make up a bunch of **** and make it sound like the masses felt this way.

J Mike, your another story and your post was embarrassing to read. Pick a guy you like and roll with it, stop making up **** and using universal sources so you can't be wrong.
It was on the Nate & Coop show on 103.3 sometime midway or late in the season.

I suppose it came after a bad game where Dez wasn't targeted or when they were saying Tony didn't trust Dez.

Why act like I made that up?

Yes it's true, they call it "Overreaction Monday" here in Dallas after Cowboy games.... and it's entertaining to me as a n unbiased observer.

Don't get mad at me for passing that along..... or accuse me of making it up. They took a few calls on that and some of your fans (or Eagles fans in disguise?) said they were tired of the guy.
Again, they don't speak for everyone as there are some Packer fans who argue amongst each other.

There were plenty of Packer fans who wanted Dez at that pick.
And the year before when he was ripping it up at Ok State, I remember saying this guy was better than Crabtree who everyone had ranked as a top-5 prospect....

I still think Dez is as talented as anyone in the NFL with the possible exception of Megatron because of his size+speed combo.

But baggage as a WR always makes a difference.
I don't think you can argue with that stance.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-12-2012 at 05:39 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And the year before when he was ripping it up with Chase Daniel at Mizzou, I remember saying this guy was better than Crabtree who everyone had ranked as a top-5 prospect....
Consider me confused.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Consider me confused.
yeah whoops on the QB, but everyone in the Big 12 was airing it out for a few years there, chase daniel included.
then came blaine gabbert.....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote