Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
omg I think the Colts are going to keep Caldwell.
I hope to god that isn't the case. Mornhinweg makes too much sense as a hire for the colts to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
So Atlanta is basically looking to replace Mike Mularkey with clones of Mike Mularkey.

Really, all of those guys (sans Billick under Denny Green) run the exact same offense. Terminology might be slightly different (Schotty and Koetter run more WR screens, too), but it's the same route concepts, philosophies, etc.

Ugh. Of those 3, Billick is the most attractive name to me. He seems to love Ryan, so at the very least, he'd be more likely to move our offense out of the stone age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Ah, my beloved philosophy of it being 3rd and 10, and the play call being a 7 yard slant that has absolutely no shot of picking up more than 7 yards.

Every Jets game I saw with Schotty at coordinator had this exact thing happen. WR runs 7 yards, catches the pass, and is immediately met by some combination of a CB, S and/or LB, tackling him immediately. The play doesn't have a chance in hell of picking up the first down unless there is hilarious bad tackling by 2-3 guys.

Good luck Atlanta.

Stop it.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I hope to god that isn't the case. Mornhinweg makes too much sense as a hire for the colts to me.
I don't really want Mornhinweg either but keeping Caldwell is akin to punting the season.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I don't really want Mornhinweg either but keeping Caldwell is akin to punting the season.
Just with the hire of Grigson and the success that Wigs has had with developing QB's it seems like it would be a match made in heaven to be completely honest.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Mel Tucker is high on our DC list too. Any thoughts/insight Mr. Savant?
Old 01-12-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
It's the passing coordonator part that afraids me. When has Greg Olson proved to be a good play designer ? Never. His plays are so vanilla and extremely predictable. I remember during the MNF game vs the Colts when Gruden was able to call multiple times exactly what play we were going to run. You know you're bad when 5 times out of 16 games, the opposite team's defensive players say that they knew every routes our WR were going to run.

I hope you enjoy the out and curl routes Bears fans.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Apparently Mel Tucker is high on our DC list too. Any thoughts/insight Mr. Savant?
Good defensive coordinator. Ran a ton of press man and man free with one-man pops when Cox and Mathis were actually healthy. That's when the defense was beasting.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Good defensive coordinator. Ran a ton of press man and man free with one-man pops when Cox and Mathis were actually healthy. That's when the defense was beasting.
Mathis is a free agent this year as well. I know he's older and coming off a knee injury, but I think he'd be a decent veteran pickup for Atlanta. Follow his DC there (possibly) and he'd be better than anyone currently there not named Brent Grimes.

Dunta Robinson is....ew.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jags and Falcons wanna keep passing coaching staffs back and forth like STDs. I don't get it.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah I know being comfortable is a big thing for these coaches, but I really hope that after this year Mike Smith sees that he's really gotta push the envelope to take another step, it's not going to be more of the consistency to pay off, we need someone who can really make use of the amazing weapons in the ATL.

Defensively Tucker doesn't seem to be a problem to me, not my #1 choice, that still belongs to Spags and I think there's no reason they shouldn't go all out and try to get him in ATL, I think that move alone would put Atlanta into a different stratosphere of coordinator that would push players to really step their game up. Plus a fresh set of eyes can eliminate some of the sub par performers on the squad.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Roddy and Julio are faster and stronger than the Jets WR's so running slants and breaking a couple should be easier for them. Maybe Schotty has a little more success.

BTW I read that if Marty gets the TB job that Brian will not be his OC. Either his dad knows he is a crappy OC or Brian doesn't want to work with his dad.
I'm so sick of our players having to overcome coaching, I want some coaching that stretches the players. Unless he wants to step it up and call some plays and change things up and spice it up, that's not at all what I want in Atlanta.

Billick is interesting because of the family ties, I've been waiting for that nepotism to kick in. But I honestly think that he has the ability offensively to make the most out of Turner, and still be able to spread it out and do some things in the passing game (SCREEN PLAYS) that we haven't seen in ATL much for the last 4 years.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mornhinweg makes too much sense as a hire for the colts to me.
I lived in Michigan during the Mornhinweg era. Marty doesn't make sense for any hire.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Billick thinks of himself as on the same level as the Gruden's and Cowher's. There is no way he comes back as a coordinator. He is one of these guys that will want full control of the team, it's one of the reasons he isn't coaching most likely along with his price tag.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I lived in Michigan during the Mornhinweg era. Marty doesn't make sense for any hire.
He was also stuck in Detroit along side the worst GM in the history of football? He was stuck trying to win with a Charlie Batch and a rookie QB in Joey Harrington (and we all know how he worked out).

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/det/2001.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/det/2002.htm

Those are the teams this guy was dealt, are you gonna sit here and tell me this guy was in a successful situation? lol. Cmon now man, and Mornhinweg/Luck combination would be great for the Colts, throw in the amount of draft picks this team is going to aquire along the road and they start putting together a dangerous offense to surround him with.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one has mentioned Callahan to the Cowboys yet? Seems like good move. Garrett learned that being HC/OC is too much workload. Garrett will still call plays. Similar to the McCarthy/Philbin arrangement.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Callahan got a little bit of a raw deal with NYJ firing him. He's not too bad...just don't want him back in Oakland lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Billick thinks of himself as on the same level as the Gruden's and Cowher's. There is no way he comes back as a coordinator. He is one of these guys that will want full control of the team, it's one of the reasons he isn't coaching most likely along with his price tag.
Possibly, but you forget, M. Smith is his brother-in-law so don't count it out either.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I think Callahan got a little bit of a raw deal with NYJ firing him. He's not too bad...just don't want him back in Oakland lol
He intentionally tanked Oakland his last year there out of spite for not doing well in the Super Bowl.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
The Jets didn't fire him...he chose not to sign an extension.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 01-12-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was also stuck in Detroit along side the worst GM in the history of football? He was stuck trying to win with a Charlie Batch and a rookie QB in Joey Harrington (and we all know how he worked out).

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/det/2001.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/det/2002.htm

Those are the teams this guy was dealt, are you gonna sit here and tell me this guy was in a successful situation? lol. Cmon now man, and Mornhinweg/Luck combination would be great for the Colts, throw in the amount of draft picks this team is going to aquire along the road and they start putting together a dangerous offense to surround him with.
Matt Millen sucked, and the team sucked by extension. But part of their problem was Marty's gameday decision-making. The infamous "Mornhinweg wins OT coin-toss, decides to kick" situation comes to mind.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans DC Wade Phillips has reportedly informed the Bucs that he is pulling out of consideration for their head coaching job.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
The Jets didn't fire him...he chose not to sign an extension.
Oh nvm then...I takes it back.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Texans DC Wade Phillips has reportedly informed the Bucs that he is pulling out of consideration for their head coaching job.
Good for Houston. Mediocre head coach, but he's certainly a damn good coordinator. That Texans defense is nasty and it's only going to continue to get better.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Callahan was mad at the Jets for not allowing him to interview with other teams last year for a better position. He left because of it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter reports new Jags coach Mike Mularkey will retain Mel Tucker as defensive coordinator and add Falcons QBs coach Bob Bratkowski as offensive coordinator.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote