Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-10-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Floyd reminds me so much of Jordy Nelson when he was at K-State, hoping he's who the 'Skins take at 6.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Who does Tommy Streeter remind you guys of?
Stephen Williams and Danario Alexander.

Lamar Miller = Mike Goodson
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you guys think Bjoern Werner Compares to? Potentially a Guy that could go in the 1ST Round of the 2013 NFL DRAFT with a Big 2012 Season. I heard people say FSU DE's are not the Safest Picks but Werner is a Huge DE with Long Arms.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Andrew Luck-Ryan Leaf

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:41 AM    (permalink
jacob.jhon99

Leftwich starred at Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia. He was the MVP of the 2000 Motor City Bowl. Leftwich gained recognition after quarterbacking a 6461 overtime victory over East Carolina in the 2001 GMAC Bowl, in which he competed against future teammate David Garrard. He is also remembered for being carried by linemen Steve Sciullo and Steve Perretta, after breaking his shin, specifically the left tibia[1], and returning to the game, taking Marshall down the field on multiple series as he rallied his team to a 17-point comeback against Akron in November 2002, although Marshall still lost 3420.[2]

Leftwich, along with fellow Marshall alumni Chad Pennington and Randy Moss is also credited for helping the Mid-American Conference (MAC) gain more national attention; Marshall has since joined Conference USA. In his career at Marshall, Leftwich completed 939 of 1,442 passes (65.1 percent) for 11,903 yards, 89 touchdowns and 28 interceptions. He amassed 12,090 yards of total offense on 1,632 plays, ranking second on the school's all-time list behind Chad Pennington.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
DrAbaddon
Rookie

DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I want to take a shot at this for my initial post...albeit some of these guys may be in next years class and is obviously based mostly on playing styles and skills, not what I think they will turn out being. Also, these are only guys I've watched a lot of.

Trent Richardson-Mini Jamal Lewis
Ryan Broyles-Isaac Bruce
Andrew Luck-Roethlisberger/Manning hybrid w/ better wheels
Robert Griffin-accurate Randall Cunningham
Matt Barkley-Matt Hasselbeck
Landry Jones-Drew Bledsoe
Justin Blackmon-lil Dez Bryant
Kirk Cousins-slightly stronger-armed Ken Dorsey
LaMichael James-Brian Westbrook
Alshon Jeffery-Plaxico Burress
Kendall Wright-Mark Clayton
Coby Fleener-Todd Heap
Matt Kalil-Joe Staley
Quinton Coples-Kiwanuka/Canty hybrid
Courtney Upshaw-Anthony Spencer
Dre Kirkpatrick-Chris Gamble
DrAbaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
Who do you guys think Bjoern Werner Compares to? Potentially a Guy that could go in the 1ST Round of the 2013 NFL DRAFT with a Big 2012 Season. I heard people say FSU DE's are not the Safest Picks but Werner is a Huge DE with Long Arms.
Calais Campbell. Any old school guys remember Rulon Jones? Tall, lanky, white(lol) def. end who played for the Broncos. Had a long reach like Werner.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK85 View Post
Andrew Luck-Ryan Leaf
haha. he's like the anti-Leaf though.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAbaddon View Post
Robert Griffin-accurate Randall Cunningham
Cunningham though was a run first/pass second qb most of his career. Not sure I agree that RG3 fits that comparison.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cunningham was also like 6'5.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
DrAbaddon
Rookie

DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Cunningham though was a run first/pass second qb most of his career. Not sure I agree that RG3 fits that comparison.
From a skill-set standpoint the comparison is obviously spot-on, which is more of what I was going for. Also, now that I look at it, the run-first argument doesn't really hold much water either.

Admittedly, it is comparing apples to oranges a bit (even though I think the comparison from college to NFL holds some validity as Vick ran about the same number of times at VT as he does in the pros), but Cunningham ran at his very most ~100x a year in the NFL (his college stats are strangely unavailable?) while Griffin is running 150-180 times/year for his three years starting.

Additionally, when Griffin was a freshman-and I'm assuming a bit uncomfortable/learning the system-he ran 170ish times and only threw about 250 passes. He's not going to revert back to that a bit when he gets into the NFL? Even if not, he still had the 10th most carries in college football for QBs this year. I think his effectiveness as a pocket passer obfuscates everyone's view of him as a non-scrambler. Vick ran 104 and 108 times his two years, Griffin ran 179, 149, and 173 times in his three years.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From a skill-set standpoint the comparison is obviously spot-on, which is more of what I was going for. Also, now that I look at it, the run-first argument doesn't really hold much water either.

Admittedly, it is comparing apples to oranges a bit (even though I think the comparison from college to NFL holds some validity as Vick ran about the same number of times at VT as he does in the pros), but Cunningham ran at his very most ~100x a year in the NFL (his college stats are strangely unavailable?) while Griffin is running 150-180 times/year for his three years starting.

Additionally, when Griffin was a freshman-and I'm assuming a bit uncomfortable/learning the system-he ran 170ish times and only threw about 250 passes. He's not going to revert back to that a bit when he gets into the NFL? Even if not, he still had the 10th most carries in college football for QBs this year. I think his effectiveness as a pocket passer obfuscates everyone's view of him as a non-scrambler. Vick ran 104 and 108 times his two years, Griffin ran 179, 149, and 173 times in his three years.
Read option was a huge part of the offense, though - and those are called runs, not improv off of play action (which is what really defined a "running" QB).

The problem I see with Griffin is that he's often frenetic, hurried, and indecisive when pressured and/or scrambling. That's my concern with him.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
The problem I see with Griffin is that he's often frenetic, hurried, and indecisive when pressured and/or scrambling. That's my concern with him.
He's not as bad as 'you know who' but he generally seems unnatural and uncomfortable in the pocket. This scares me a lot and is a big concern for me regarding Griffin. I'm still trying to decipher whether his way of moving and playing the quarterback position is flawed or just unique.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
... he generally seems unnatural and uncomfortable in the pocket. This scares me a lot and is a big concern for me regarding Griffin. I'm still trying to decipher whether his way of moving and playing the quarterback position is flawed or just unique.
Is the fact that he's so much better a collegiate player than He Who Must Not Be Named making us hesitant to point out the same flaws? Is because we enjoyed watching him play so much more, and because he was a more exciting player? The bottom line, with me, is that I just don't think he responds to pressure very well. He looks uncomfortable, and he doesn't keep his eyes downfield when the rush gets to him. If he gets away and into the clear, yeah, he found Kendall Wright running free a few times. But the frenetic, jerky running around, the indecisiveness... He's got some real elusiveness, but to me sometimes, it just doesn't really look like he knows what to do with it. He looks a bit lost at times, but he's so athletic he can get out of trouble. Just don't know if he's going to be that much better of an athlete than NFL defenders, and if he's still trying to rely on raw athleticism to get him out of trouble in the NFL... I think he's going to be in trouble.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Brockers compares to who?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want to take a shot at this for my initial post...albeit some of these guys may be in next years class and is obviously based mostly on playing styles and skills, not what I think they will turn out being. Also, these are only guys I've watched a lot of.

Trent Richardson-Mini Jamal Lewis Jamal wasn't as finesse as Richardson is capable of while still being thick and strong

Ryan Broyles-Isaac Bruce I like the Eddie Royal comparisons

Andrew Luck-Roethlisberger/Manning hybrid w/ better wheels Eli? The more and more I see Luck I am not as impressed with his throws, but his ability to read coverage and get the offense into a good play is superb. I dont know who to compare him to at all.

Robert Griffin-accurate Randall Cunningham Meh

Landry Jones-Drew Bledsoe Elite armstrength? no jones, doesn't have that. Bledsoe was an immobile cannon.

Justin Blackmon-lil Dez Bryant I like the Dwayne Bowe/Hakeem Nicks comparisons, his hands are inconsistent but he is more elusive as a route runner (love the routestems he was running in the bowl game, gave him a lot of separation) but Dez is a good comparison too.

LaMichael James-Brian Westbrook I want to say Michael Bennett, but I don't have a video to be completely sold on that intuition, Westbrook is a far superior overall player.

Alshon Jeffery-Plaxico Burress Jeffrey has the weirdest body structure i've seen of a widereceiver, this comparison is ok

Kendall Wright-Mark Clayton I like the mike wallace comparisons

Coby Fleener-Todd Heap Kyle Rudolph
Matt Kalil-Joe Staley Jordan Gross
Quinton Coples-Kiwanuka/Canty hybrid That's not bad
Courtney Upshaw-Anthony Spencer not bad either
Dre Kirkpatrick-Chris Gamble haven't seen enough of kirkpatrick to say
(10 characters)

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
DrAbaddon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post

Trent Richardson-Mini Jamal Lewis Jamal wasn't as finesse as Richardson is capable of while still being thick and strongFair enough. Honestly, I saw this more from Richardson his freshman year, he took this obscenely short strides and still maintained decent speed ala Lewis. The comparison was more an aesthetic one.

Ryan Broyles-Isaac Bruce I like the Eddie Royal comparisonsI hear ya, but really isn't every undersized sharp route runner with sticky hands looking to be Bruce? And Broyles and Bruce are the exact same size.

Andrew Luck-Roethlisberger/Manning hybrid w/ better wheels Eli? The more and more I see Luck I am not as impressed with his throws, but his ability to read coverage and get the offense into a good play is superb. I dont know who to compare him to at all.This was the one that took me the longest and I still wasn't happy with it, probably just shouldn't have put it in there.

Robert Griffin-accurate Randall Cunningham MehWhy is everyone hating this one? I thought it was pretty damn close actually.

Landry Jones-Drew Bledsoe Elite armstrength? no jones, doesn't have that. Bledsoe was an immobile cannon.True...but EVERY other facet of the game = exact same.

Justin Blackmon-lil Dez Bryant I like the Dwayne Bowe/Hakeem Nicks comparisons, his hands are inconsistent but he is more elusive as a route runner (love the routestems he was running in the bowl game, gave him a lot of separation) but Dez is a good comparison too.Honestly, I haven't even watched Bowe play that much...the Nicks comparison I like, but only "Angry Nicks".

LaMichael James-Brian Westbrook I want to say Michael Bennett, but I don't have a video to be completely sold on that intuition, Westbrook is a far superior overall player.I agree that Westbrook is better overall, but the basic skill-set, size, surprising power, hands (potentially) etc are there.

Alshon Jeffery-Plaxico Burress Jeffrey has the weirdest body structure i've seen of a widereceiver, this comparison is okTo account for the body structure, a cross between Plax and late in his career Darnay Scott, who actually does have the weirdest body structure I've ever seen.

Kendall Wright-Mark Clayton I like the mike wallace comparisonsI'm not sure he has Wallace's speed, which = Mark Clayton

Coby Fleener-Todd Heap Kyle RudolphI don't like this one, Fleener is quite a bit smaller and more athletic than Rudolph
Matt Kalil-Joe Staley Jordan Grossok...not sure he's as good as he's made out to be...but ok. Staley was a super-athletic pass protector type too.
Quinton Coples-Kiwanuka/Canty hybrid That's not bad
Courtney Upshaw-Anthony Spencer not bad either
Dre Kirkpatrick-Chris Gamble haven't seen enough of kirkpatrick to say
10 Characters
Old 01-12-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Is the fact that he's so much better a collegiate player than He Who Must Not Be Named making us hesitant to point out the same flaws? Is because we enjoyed watching him play so much more, and because he was a more exciting player? The bottom line, with me, is that I just don't think he responds to pressure very well. He looks uncomfortable, and he doesn't keep his eyes downfield when the rush gets to him. If he gets away and into the clear, yeah, he found Kendall Wright running free a few times. But the frenetic, jerky running around, the indecisiveness... He's got some real elusiveness, but to me sometimes, it just doesn't really look like he knows what to do with it. He looks a bit lost at times, but he's so athletic he can get out of trouble. Just don't know if he's going to be that much better of an athlete than NFL defenders, and if he's still trying to rely on raw athleticism to get him out of trouble in the NFL... I think he's going to be in trouble.
Wow, I absolutely disagree with this. I feel like Griffin tries to make one to many plays sometimes, but the most impressive thing about him to me is his ability to stay within the pocket and avoid the rush, keeping his eyes down field. I would call that one of his stronger qualities, even. A lot of that is natural ability, but a lot of that has to do with a feel for the rush that just can't be taught. There's no question that some of that will have to be adapted to the NFL game, but I'm really not all that concerned about that as he's gotten better and better working within the pocket as time has gone on. I absolutely think there's some polish there and it's not just the track athleticism. I don't come away thinking he's lost at any time. Improvising as he goes? Yeah, sure. But the ability to improvise is really what sets apart someone like Griffin from the system label, even.

...he also gets major points for toughness, which is really something that's MASSIVELY underrated with quarterbacks. I've seen him give up his body and step up into the pocket and take a hit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I see some Richardson Seymour in him, similar size and looks like he could play some DT and DE depending on the scheme. Brockers made big plays on a very talented defense, and he is by far my top DT at this time.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Wow, I absolutely disagree with this. I feel like Griffin tries to make one to many plays sometimes, but the most impressive thing about him to me is his ability to stay within the pocket and avoid the rush, keeping his eyes down field. I would call that one of his stronger qualities, even. A lot of that is natural ability, but a lot of that has to do with a feel for the rush that just can't be taught. There's no question that some of that will have to be adapted to the NFL game, but I'm really not all that concerned about that as he's gotten better and better working within the pocket as time has gone on. I absolutely think there's some polish there and it's not just the track athleticism. I don't come away thinking he's lost at any time. Improvising as he goes? Yeah, sure. But the ability to improvise is really what sets apart someone like Griffin from the system label, even.

...he also gets major points for toughness, which is really something that's MASSIVELY underrated with quarterbacks. I've seen him give up his body and step up into the pocket and take a hit.
I agree about his toughness but I like I've been saying, I don't like his pocket awareness either. He's not terribly elusive in or out of the pocket imo. I keep making the same point but he plays like a track guy-just with toughness. It's always one direction-one speed.

For comparison, look at how elusive Tyler Wilson was in the pocket this season. He's was constantly harassed, but he demonstrated, on almost every drop back, his ability to manipulate the pocket and elude pass rushers while firing passes down field with probably less than half of Griffin's athletic talent. Comparisons for RGIII likening him to Randall are way off because of this. Cunningham was a magician in the pocket-his elusiveness, paired with his arm, was his trademark.

Point by Tackle is an interesting one-whether his style his flawed or just unique. I'll say it's flawed. I just don't like his movements in the pocket. Guys like Cunningham and McNabb were magicians but guys like Brady and Roethlisberger have the same talent just more subtle. Griffin shows some of this but not enough for me. And I'm not sure he's is ever going to improve on it-with his experience and athletic ability, he already would have. ....course he's always got those bucket throws;

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown Leader makes an excellent point, and I think he might've put his finger on what it is that looks off to some of us - It's not that Griffin isn't tough, or even that he's not elusive - it's that it looks like he doesn't have a natural feel for manipulating the pocket. He just doesn't look like he's got that intuitive awareness to step up, or to the side, or back, or wherever he needs to be to best utilize the blocking he has. Just doesn't have a great presence on the field.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 reminds me of Michael Vick, while on the Eagles. Vick has developed into more of a pass since his speed and elusiveness has started to deminish. RG3 will likely deal with injuries similar to Vick if he decides to run the ball more than pass.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:42 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is very similar to Marcus Stroud.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:28 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ooo I like that, if AZ can't get CC locked up long term I wouldn't mind him at 13

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrance Ganaway = Michael Bush?
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote