Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Where you getting the vibes from? Not that I disagree, I kinda feel the same way, but simply because it seems like the OC list is very thin out there.

It's obviously very early, but we've already heard Del Rio, Grantham, Spags, Nolan thrown around for the DC spot, while all that's really be said for OC is Bratkowski.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
It's obviously very early, but we've already heard Del Rio, Grantham, Spags, Nolan thrown around for the DC spot, while all that's really be said for OC is Bratkowski.
Yeah, I wonder though if it's because of the available talent at the DC position being more readily available than the talent out there for the OC.

Where did Spags go, I've not found anything that he's signed up anywhere.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From all the DC's on that list I really like Grantham, but he runs a 3-4. I really love the fire he brings, I think we need someone like that.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post

Where did Spags go, I've not found anything that he's signed up anywhere.

I think he was basing that on everyone in the world saying Spags was going to Philly the last few days. That's far from official though. While I think he most likely will go back there, if he's truly our number one target, we're going to at least bring him in for interview.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
I think he was basing that on everyone in the world saying Spags was going to Philly the last few days. That's far from official though. While I think he most likely will go back there, if he's truly our number one target, we're going to at least bring him in for interview.
Okay cool, yeah I think if he's our #1 he'll land here. I think given Mr. Blank's track record of getting his guy, he'll make that happen. So I'm still going to hold out my excitement.

I don't care if we switch to 3-4 but we're still built to be a 4-3, and I don't think we can make the change fast enough to allow us to not waste these upcoming years of high quality football that we have ahead of us.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Michael Lombardi the Falcons are very interested in Brian Billick and Tom Clements, like that alot. Don't like that we're also interested in Brian Schottenheimer.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yea I'm down for Tom Clemens.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-12-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Clements would be my #1 choice, Billick my #2. Go ahead and snipe that Green Bay talent and lets put that crap to use here. We'll blow it up offensively. Get him and Spags and I promise we'll win in the playoffs next year.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Names that have surfaced for OC

Tom Clements
Hue Jackson
Dirk Koetter
Brian Schottenheimer
Brian Billick
Mike Martz

Names that have surfaced for DC

Steve Spagnuolo
Mike Nolan
Jack Del Rio

And it seems as if Bob Bratkowski maybe
heading over to Jacksonville with Mike Mularkey
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

For the DC job it appears that it's down to Spags and Nolan. Del Rio is going to the chiefs.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
For the DC job it appears that it's down to Spags and Nolan. Del Rio is going to the chiefs.
All I have to say is

#winning

Seriously either of those guys is going to be such a huge upgrade, I love love love Spags, and what he can do with a 4-3 defense, but I really really love Nolan and his ability to understand blitzes and pressures.

Both of these guys are going to be great at getting pressure on the QB, something that is going to allow our defense to go from a solid team against the run, to a solid overall defense. I don't expect elite level defense from the Falcons right now, not anytime soon even. But if we can get a defense into the top 15 in both rush and pass defense, I think you're talking about a dramatic change in winning in the playoffs.

The defense didn't kill us Sunday, putting them in bad positions did, but having a defense who could have forced a turnover, and knocked Eli off his mark other than Babs and Abe early in the game would have been a major difference.

I think getting either of those guys gives us the inside track on bringing back Abe, Lofton, and Grimes. Which to me is going to be the first step in a successful offseason. We can't afford to lose those guys, and if either of those guys can figure out how to get Dunta to earn even 1/2 his paycheck, then they'll get this thing turned around quick.

Btw, is it just me or is everyone ready for Decoud to pack his bags?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Spags and Nolan. After thinking about it more, I wouldn't be all that against a 3-4 defense. Maybe a big change like that is what the defense needs. Anyway here is the ajc article of these two...

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...-of-interests/

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-13-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Spags and Nolan. After thinking about it more, I wouldn't be all that against a 3-4 defense. Maybe a big change like that is what the defense needs. Anyway here is the ajc article of these two...

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...-of-interests/
The more of the AJC I read the more I feel like it's not worth the information it takes up. Gah, it's like a really bad rag, thanks for that amazing info that anyone with half a brain knows already!

Oh well, at least it's a little more confirmation that we're on the path of a quality coach to help out the defense.

Honestly the more I think about it the more I'm wanting Nolan simply because he'd employ multiple looks, and would be able to run a real hybrid defense, I just don't think we have the players...yet
Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, considering how terrible our defense is a lot of times, we don't have the players to run a 4-3 either.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-13-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would estatic with either Spags or Nolan. If we get either of them and then add Clements/Billick we are already a much better team than last year.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

There was a PFW article about us letting Grimes walk. It makes sense if we truly do want Spags or Nolan. Grimes will want top dollar, and if we get either of those two, we are going aggressive, man to man style defense, aka where Grimes doesn't fit that well.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
There was a PFW article about us letting Grimes walk. It makes sense if we truly do want Spags or Nolan. Grimes will want top dollar, and if we get either of those two, we are going aggressive, man to man style defense, aka where Grimes doesn't fit that well.
Only way I'd like it is if we'd shore up the D-Line.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Well, considering how terrible our defense is a lot of times, we don't have the players to run a 4-3 either.
lol true.

As far as letting Grimes go, if he wants big money yeah, let him walk if we're swapping to aggressive man style where he'd be wasted, but if not, if we're sticking with zone let him stay that dude is small but he has ball skills. nohomo
Old 01-13-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

The thing that I find puzzling is that our search for OC is
far more steep then our search for DC...We are left looking foolish
if both Spags & Nolan some how manage to slip out of our hands.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalconsFan View Post
The thing that I find puzzling is that our search for OC is
far more steep then our search for DC...We are left looking foolish
if both Spags & Nolan some how manage to slip out of our hands.
I don't think we're letting anyone slip through our hands if we can help it. There aren't highly prized OCs out there like those DCs focus in the right place, win one of the 2 prizes and then move foward
Old 01-14-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

So Bratkowski is leaving to join MM as an OC in Jacksonville. That's great news because it eliminates him as a candidate for us.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-14-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

Quote:
So Bratkowski is leaving to join MM as an OC in Jacksonville. That's great news because it eliminates him as a candidate for us.
I think thats the main reason why he left, him being a former offensive coordinator
for 10 years but heading into another season still being the
QB coach when the the OC job was vacant he would have felt low balled
Old 01-14-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think after Mularkey left, he was really hoping to be the OC here but quickly realized that the Falcons weren't interested in him. As soon as MM called he jumped on the opportunity to be an OC again.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-14-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

LaCanfora reporting we've requested an interview with Dirk Koetter and Tom Clements
Old 01-15-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Former Jags OC Dirk Koetter has agreed
to become the new Falcons offensive
coordinator.
https://twitter.com/#!/Atlanta_Falco...90904574287872