Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-12-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Biggers who I liked before this season gets dragged into the end zone more than I've seen any other player and if he's not getting dragged he's getting burnt for over 100 yards by a WR.
I thought the same thing before this season. But when you factor in the fact that teams simply ran it on us in 2010 you realize that Biggers was not tested that much.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Any chance we can trade our 1st and 5th round picks for both the Bengals 1st round picks? I am not sure what there needs are but if they want a top 5 talent our 1st and 5th equals out value wise to there two first rounders.
If not what teams do you think try to trade up to 5 if RG3 falls?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason Cinncinati would trade both 1st rounders is for a player they are dying to get. I really doubt that will happen.

RG3 wouldn't fall that far. Hypothetically Miami would be most interested. They have big need at QB, the rest of the team is very talented, so they give up other picks doesn't hurt as much. The team is really trying to sell tickets, why they wanted a big name coach. RG3 would sell tickets like crazy, way more then a coach.

Others are Seattle, maybe KC. I'd be shocked if Cleveland didn't take him, still expect St. Louis to trade the second pick.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:10 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
The only reason Cinncinati would trade both 1st rounders is for a player they are dying to get. I really doubt that will happen.

RG3 wouldn't fall that far. Hypothetically Miami would be most interested. They have big need at QB, the rest of the team is very talented, so they give up other picks doesn't hurt as much. The team is really trying to sell tickets, why they wanted a big name coach. RG3 would sell tickets like crazy, way more then a coach.

Others are Seattle, maybe KC. I'd be shocked if Cleveland didn't take him, still expect St. Louis to trade the second pick.
Well, RGIII is not an NFL QB and the Bucs will not take him, no matter what.

Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon, end of story.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:41 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

Think he was referring to Miami being the team that would move up, not that the Buc's would draft RG3.

Well if RG3 is gone, and we want to trade down I think Blackmon would be the next guy teams would want. Teams that need a WR and what we would probably get in return.
Jacksonville (7th pick) = Their 1st and 2nd round pick.
Buffalo (10th pick) = Their 1st, 2nd and 6th round picks.
Chicago (19th Pick) = Their 1st, 2nd and 2013 1st.

Both Jacksonville and Buffalo trades would give us 3 picks in the top 41 and we wouldn't have to move down that far.

Much rather trade down If possible. That could get us Kirpatrick probably in round 1, then kill 2 needs taking either the best 2 available OLB/RB/SS/WR with those 2 second rounders.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 01-13-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The first Atlanta Game: Both Julio Jones and Roddy White went for over 100 yards each.

Ryan's rating was due to the fact of the D-Line (McCoy, Price, Clayborn} constantly harrassing him into poor decisions.
White was targetted an insane number of times (off the top of my head, 17X). Ryan's lone INT came on a pass deflection by Biggers that Barber caught. Arrelious Benn could go over 100 yards if somebody targetted him 17X.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I didn't have to go back too far to find an idiotic post.

RGIII is not an NFL QB? Ok, all he did was pretty much what Cam Newton did for Auburn only he did it with far less talent and by using his arm way more. RGIII is a far smarter (3.67 GPA), far higher character, and far better passer version of Michael Vick coming out of college. He has great character, works hard, and is a terrific leader. He looks to pass first and has an excellent arm. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Then you want to limit our choices to two... one of which being a pretty good RB? Brilliant idea, drafting a really good RB in the top 5... why not draft an OG... or a kicker? RBs don't belong in the top 5 unless they are truly exceptionally elite. Richardson is very good, a better prospect (I think) than Mark Ingram, but he is no Marshall Faulk, Tomlinson, Barry Sanders, or even Adrian Peterson (who wasn't top 5).

Quick tip: Don't be so quick to attack others when clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I didn't have to go back too far to find an idiotic post.

RGIII is not an NFL QB? Ok, all he did was pretty much what Cam Newton did for Auburn only he did it with far less talent and by using his arm way more. RGIII is a far smarter (3.67 GPA), far higher character, and far better passer version of Michael Vick coming out of college. He has great character, works hard, and is a terrific leader. He looks to pass first and has an excellent arm. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Then you want to limit our choices to two... one of which being a pretty good RB? Brilliant idea, drafting a really good RB in the top 5... why not draft an OG... or a kicker? RBs don't belong in the top 5 unless they are truly exceptionally elite. Richardson is very good, a better prospect (I think) than Mark Ingram, but he is no Marshall Faulk, Tomlinson, Barry Sanders, or even Adrian Peterson (who wasn't top 5).

Quick tip: Don't be so quick to attack others when clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.
You're right . Sorry I was out of line, but the thing is, you clearly didn't watch some of the games and I can't really see how you can call Mason Foster soft. He's anything but.

Limit our choices? Our best bet for our draft: Cliaborne or Blackmon are the only other players I would select with the number 5 pick.

In a way I agree with you, but if we stay at 5, RIchardson would be the better player overall than reaching for someone like Kirkpatrick, who I think is a FS at the NFL level.

I think the RB pool is deep with 2nd round prospects like Chris Polk (my favorite RB after T-Rich), LaMichael James, David Wilson, and Lamar Miller probably can slip to early round 2.

I think it's Claiborne or Blackmon. I just like Blackmon because he attacks the ball, physcal with CBs and knows how to get seperation.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Brasho, I'm sorry but the offense RG III comes out of is a Gimmick. I just don't like his type of QB and honestly, Cam Newton's feet (which I predicted before the season) is what opened up Carolina's offense to pass.

Next year, defenses will eliminate his ability to run and make him become more of a pocket passer. He won't run for 14 TDs or whatever it was (pretty high). Vince Young did that his rookie year and once he was forced to become a pocket passer, he crumbled.

Not to take anything away from Cam Newton, but we'll see if he can become that pocket passer.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys was just thinking if we go back to our roots and become a Tampa 2 D again Dre Kirkpatrick might be the better CB to draft in that system.

He played the Tampa 2 a lot in the championship game and looked very good doing it.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way we go back to the Tampa 2 is if we bring back Monte Kiffin.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Here's a look at what I think can be done:

Re-sign:
- C Jeremy Zuttah
- OLB Geno Hayes (Back up role)
- DE Michael Bennett (RFA tendered)
- WR Preston Parker (RFA Tendered)
- K Connor Barth
- RB Lagarett Blount (RFA tendered)
- CB Elbert Mack
- QB Josh Johnson

CUT:
- C Jeff Faine

Decisions to make:
- CB Aqib Talib (court decision jail time pending/possible suspension)
- TE Kellen Winslow (locker room disturbance. )
- WR Arrellious Benn (If we get a WR, might have decisions to make.)

FA:
Prized FA: WR Dwayne Bowe: Will be an excellent addition oppositte Mike Williams
Rest:
- CB Aaron Ross : Physical CB that can start on one side of the field.
- MLB David Hawthorne: Bucs can offer him more money and move Foster to WLB, where he said is more comfortable in.
- OG Chilo Rachel: solid LG as we move Zuttah to C.
- FB Owen Shmidt: Lead blocker

Draft:
1st ROund: Morris Claiborne CB LSU: even if we keep Talib, having a solid CB trio of Claiborne/Talib/Ross would be dominate. Claiborne has shutdown potential.

2nd Round: Chris Polk RB Washington: All -Around back that will put Blount in a Brandon Jacobs/Mariob Barber type role. Polk is an underrated prospect who I think will really help Freeman out.

3rd ROund: Jarius Wright WR Arkansas: The speed we need in the slot. Freeman will love his new weapons in Wright/Polk/Bowe to tag along with Williams and Briscoe.

5th Round: Nigel Bradham OLB Florida State: Physical LB who can tackle and shed blocks. Could provide competiton at SLB. Provides depth.

6th Round: Christian Thompson SS South Carolina State: Developmental safety prospect that can develop into a quality starter.

7th Round: Josh Ogelsby T Wisconsin : depth to the oline
Old 01-17-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claiborne has a lot of talent, but does anyone remember the last time we passed on the best RB in the draft for a player at a position of need?

We took Gaines Adams over Adrian Peterson. I don't want that to happen again. I think Richardson has that kind of ceiling, but I don't know if Claiborne has that same elite ceiling.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Claiborne has a lot of talent, but does anyone remember the last time we passed on the best RB in the draft for a player at a position of need?

We took Gaines Adams over Adrian Peterson. I don't want that to happen again. I think Richardson has that kind of ceiling, but I don't know if Claiborne has that same elite ceiling.
If you look back I already sad the same thing, but I think Claiborne is as much of a talent as Richardson is.

The championship game said a lot to me... Bama didn't even look at Claiborne's side.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

We can get a very good back in the 2nd round. Too me, RBs aren't worthy of a top 5 pick anymore.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Yea a RB in the 2nd or 3rd is fine with me, don't pass on an elite CB prospect for a guy that will be splitting time with Blount. The best RB out of last years draft was had in the 3rd round. If Claiborne and Blackmon are gone and we can't trade down then Richardson would be a nice consolation prize. One thing this draft seems to have is CB's and RB's.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Yea a RB in the 2nd or 3rd is fine with me, don't pass on an elite CB prospect for a guy that will be splitting time with Blount. The best RB out of last years draft was had in the 3rd round. If Claiborne and Blackmon are gone and we can't trade down then Richardson would be a nice consolation prize. One thing this draft seems to have is CB's and RB's.
A Richardson/Blount combo (assuming the latter sticks around, because he might not) would work like Bradshaw/Jacobs do for the Giants. Bradshaw (Richardson) is the primary back, while Jacobs (Blount) comes in to give him a breather.

Could you imagine having a fresh Blount in the 2nd half when the defense is gassed from Richardson cramming the ball down their throat all game?

I don't like Blackmon, by the way. I think a top 5 receiver needs to be of Calvin Johnson type potential and I don't really see it with Blackmon. Richardson, Claiborne or the best offensive lineman available.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
A Richardson/Blount combo (assuming the latter sticks around, because he might not) would work like Bradshaw/Jacobs do for the Giants. Bradshaw (Richardson) is the primary back, while Jacobs (Blount) comes in to give him a breather.

Could you imagine having a fresh Blount in the 2nd half when the defense is gassed from Richardson cramming the ball down their throat all game?

I don't like Blackmon, by the way. I think a top 5 receiver needs to be of Calvin Johnson type potential and I don't really see it with Blackmon. Richardson, Claiborne or the best offensive lineman available.
You can get the same combo with Chris Polk and Lamar Miller. In round 2.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:

I get what you're saying about a top 5 WR looking like CJ, but would you take Nicks top 5 if you knew how he would play? Or White?

Don't diss someone because they're not a freak like CJ... God makes people like CJ once very 15 years...
Old 01-17-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:

I get the comparison, I personally think Blount is a feature back and would have had a big year if it were not for the coaching staff not using him correctly and the defense putting us behind early.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's a look at what I think can be done:

Re-sign:
- C Jeremy Zuttah
- OLB Geno Hayes (Back up role)
- DE Michael Bennett (RFA tendered)
- WR Preston Parker (RFA Tendered)
- K Connor Barth
- RB Lagarett Blount (RFA tendered)
- CB Elbert Mack
- QB Josh Johnson

CUT:
- C Jeff Faine

Decisions to make:
- CB Aqib Talib (court decision jail time pending/possible suspension)
- TE Kellen Winslow (locker room disturbance. )
- WR Arrellious Benn (If we get a WR, might have decisions to make.)

FA:
Prized FA: WR Dwayne Bowe: Will be an excellent addition oppositte Mike Williams
Rest:
- CB Aaron Ross : Physical CB that can start on one side of the field.
- MLB David Hawthorne: Bucs can offer him more money and move Foster to WLB, where he said is more comfortable in.
- OG Chilo Rachel: solid LG as we move Zuttah to C.
- FB Owen Shmidt: Lead blocker

Draft:
1st ROund: Morris Claiborne CB LSU: even if we keep Talib, having a solid CB trio of Claiborne/Talib/Ross would be dominate. Claiborne has shutdown potential.

2nd Round: Chris Polk RB Washington: All -Around back that will put Blount in a Brandon Jacobs/Mariob Barber type role. Polk is an underrated prospect who I think will really help Freeman out.

3rd ROund: Jarius Wright WR Arkansas: The speed we need in the slot. Freeman will love his new weapons in Wright/Polk/Bowe to tag along with Williams and Briscoe.

5th Round: Nigel Bradham OLB Florida State: Physical LB who can tackle and shed blocks. Could provide competiton at SLB. Provides depth.

6th Round: Christian Thompson SS South Carolina State: Developmental safety prospect that can develop into a quality starter.

7th Round: Josh Ogelsby T Wisconsin : depth to the oline
Benn isn't going anywhere. It's not like we are financially hamstringed by his contract. Also Chilo Rachal sucks.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I get the comparison, I personally think Blount is a feature back and would have had a big year if it were not for the coaching staff not using him correctly and the defense putting us behind early.
He is one dimensional. He needs to improve his game overall.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Benn isn't going anywhere. It's not like we are financially hamstringed by his contract. Also Chilo Rachal sucks.
He probbably isn't but I wouldn't mind having a deep WR core that goes:

Bowe/M.Will/Wright/Briscoe/Benn or Parker.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He probbably isn't but I wouldn't mind having a deep WR core that goes:

Bowe/M.Will/Wright/Briscoe/Benn or Parker.
If we hypothetically ended up with those 6 guys, I think Parker would be the most likely to go. I actually like the idea of Benn playing in the slot. He is a tough runner who wouldn't be afraid of going across the middle.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I get what you're saying about a top 5 WR looking like CJ, but would you take Nicks top 5 if you knew how he would play? Or White?

Don't diss someone because they're not a freak like CJ... God makes people like CJ once very 15 years...
My point remains: Top 5 picks at skill positions are reserved for guys you KNOW are going to be superstars.

Quote:
Well, another issue is the atrocious offensive line...

Still, Blount has a lot of issues to overcome before he can be considered a feature back.

1) He's terrible in short-yardage situations.
2) He's either too inept at pass-blocking/catching or too dumb to comprehend the playbook in order to participate in passing situations.

Even if you disagree, I don't think anyone can argue that we don't need another RB. Do you really want to go into next season with Kregg Lumpkin as the backup again?