Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-07-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though Ingram was starting to come around and play really well before he went down.. I think Ivory has outperformed him thus far, and is the better all around back at this point in time.

Regarding this Detroit game. It's going to be war. They are a much healthier team than last time we played them, and are going to be out to prove something after basically blowing the last game away with numerous penalties. I think we're going to need our best game to date to win, I also don't like Lance Moore being out although I think we can manage.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think with the Seattle game being on the mind for our team from last year...I think we'll be prepared. And it's a home game. If we show the consistency on offense and defense like we have in the past 8 weeks, I think we win this one... but it won't be easy at all.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can tell you that I'm not looking forward to facing Suh this time, albeit we do have 3 Pro-bowl lineman.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I can tell you that I'm not looking forward to facing Suh this time, albeit we do have 3 Pro-bowl lineman.
Brian De La Puente and I would guess Carl Nicks need to be prepared and ready. Funny too considering Nicks & Suh both went to Nebraska and I'm sure they had their fair share of battles in practice during their days there.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 01-07-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game to the Lions you guys played us much tighter than the score showed. Moving on, great 2nd half but a few things definitely need to improve next week in San Fran.

Can't have the early turnovers that we had tonight, Colston fumble, and the blown protection which caused the Brees strip was just inexcusable. Took away potential scores.

Gave up too many Passing yards, now Calvin Johnson is an incredible player but when we bracket a guy, run coverage underneath 1 guy they shouldn't be able to complete so many passes as easily as it happened tonight.

This is going to be a really tough, disciplined 49ers Defense we're playing. Undoubtedly the best Defense we're going to face all year and we're going into their house.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Funny too considering Nicks & Suh both went to Nebraska and I'm sure they had their fair share of battles in practice during their days there.
Oh yeah, I bet they are the best of friends. I see us having an equally rough time with SF. Our defense will be totally changing gears to prepare for them. I am confident that if our O-line can just give Drew the time he needs, we can score on them as well.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default NFC Divisional Round: New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers

Much better!

:)

Old 01-10-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Not wanting to be responsible for bad "mojo"

SF's front 7 has been awesome this year
We totally have to change gears defensively to prepare this week
We are playing on the road in an open stadium

Where others see excuses, I see an opportunity to really have GB(most likely) to be afraid of us.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I actually posted this on the Pro Football board but:

I'm actually going to the NO/SF game... my first real Saints game experience (and 2nd NFL experience overall) since I saw them play in 2005 in San Antonio against the Falcons in the Hurricane Katrina year. I'm talking Aaron Brooks, Joe Horn & Donte' Stallworth days... so you know I'll be AMPED for this one. Can't wait to see this one.. will be screaming loud and hard. SF is about 6 hours or so away from me so I'll have to drive on my hands but it'll be worth it.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

So this morning I drove six hours from LA to SF and just some quick observations:

- I am staying in downtown SF and I can tell you there is A LOT of Saints fans here. A LOT. I might even say I have honestly seen more Saints fans more than 49ers.. or at the very least it's a push. At the game tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you'll hear it come through much like the first meeting against Atlanta this year and that it sounded much like a home game than an away game. I'll be cheering my lungs out, that's for sure.

- When walking back to my hotel, I saw Charlie Brown with a family member hanging out on the street and so I tell him, "Good luck out there tomorrow!" even though I know he's on IR. I think I took him by surprise that I actually knew he was a player for the Saints.

That's all I really had. I'll be tweeting updates I see on the field during warmups (how Harper looks in warmups, etc). WHO DAT!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are you in downtown? I live two blocks from Union Square. I didn't see many Saints fans yesterday. I haven't walked out of my house today though so I'm guessing they are on the streets now. There were a lot last year in week 2.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Dang good luck Flyboy, hope you have a good time and enjoy yourself.

As for the game not really sure what to expect, 49ers have a great Defense probably the best we've faced all season. So I'd be surprised if we scored 30 or more against them, plus we haven't had success on the Road in the playoffs under Payton hopefully that changes. Well it needs to.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Where are you in downtown? I live two blocks from Union Square. I didn't see many Saints fans yesterday. I haven't walked out of my house today though so I'm guessing they are on the streets now. There were a lot last year in week 2.
I'm on Van Ness.. like a mile or so from Pier 39 & Fisherman's Wharf. As I was walking with my wife and daughter down to that area is where I saw the majority of Saint fans...I'm going to say at least 10 or so. And in a shor distance, that's A LOT.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh you're about a 15 minute walk from my house.

You should have been here a month ago. Half the city were Steelers fans. I remember one old timer walking by me when I was wearing my 49ers gear on gameday saying "Finally a 49ers fan".

I'm going to a bar later tonight. It will be interesting to see how many Saints fans there are.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2012, 05:22 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sadly, our fanbase is pretty crappy. Although a majority of 9er fans that attend the games come from outside the city.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:27 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jealous of all posters who are going to the game

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a HUGE game. It will be interested to see which team adapts to the style being played. Out of all the playoff games being played today and tomorrow this is the most intriguing due to the contract of styles.

Neither team has really faced a team the caliber of who they're playing today. The Saints haven't played a smash mouth team yet and the 9ers only real comparison was a Lions team they faced in week 6.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
JetMan01
Rookie

JetMan01 is a cocksman.JetMan01 is a cocksman.JetMan01 is a cocksman.

Anybody else think the niners aren't getting enough respect? Saints arent the same on the road, and niners got that d. Can't tell if it's a case of The media obsessing over a qb, or if the saints really are that good
JetMan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMan01 View Post
Anybody else think the niners aren't getting enough respect? Saints arent the same on the road, and niners got that d. Can't tell if it's a case of The media obsessing over a qb, or if the saints really are that good
I respect the 9ers defense tremendously. It's stifling and they play disciplined football. They have the best pair of inside backers in the NFL currently and are incredible against the run. I think the media is overhyping the Saints to a degree due to how high powered they are in the Dome.

To me it's been about 55/45 in favor of the Saints as far as the hype is concerned but this is also widely considered to be the most difficult match-up to predict.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
JetMan01
Rookie

JetMan01 is a cocksman.JetMan01 is a cocksman.JetMan01 is a cocksman.

Yeah def, both NFC games seem rather difficult to predict, comparatively speaking.
JetMan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMan01 View Post
I think that D is overrated tbh, its nice being able to play the seahawks, rams and cards all twice

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Sadly, our fanbase is pretty crappy. Although a majority of 9er fans that attend the games come from outside the city.
Yes, our fanbase is God-awful. Randy Cross was right years ago with his "wine and cheese" fanbase remarks. Hopefully The Stick is rocking today...

Quote:
Old 01-14-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Williams cant leave for St. Louis fast enough. Granted the Saints put themselves in that position with all the damn turnovers but **** when we finally put it together and take the lead, Williams defense cant pull a stop when they had being doing damn near all game. ******* ridiculous.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

WHO DAT GOT IT BETTER THAN US!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBOOOOODYYYY!!!

Really though, great game Saints. You took us down to the wire. See you next year in the dome.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week One: Washington Redskins @ New Orleans Saints

It's almost that time, fellas.

Just wanted to get this up early to get some discussion going before Kickoff Weekend.

#whodat