Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-09-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Janoris has good instincts, solid tackler, great pedigree, played at Florida as a true Freshman, but I'm seeing Patrick Robinson with additional baggage. I think he's solid, but I don't want another player with the same caliber as Eric Wright. I prefer a trade up.

I've also heard a lot of concerns about Dennard being a "holder" and I think there's a decent drop off after Claiborne and Kirkpatrick.
I agree with both statements. This draft is so weak that I fully expect Janoris to move up substantially even with all the character concerns. teams will be drafting from desperation after about 15-20 picks. I also agree that there is a huge drop off after Claiborne and Kilpatrick which is why I doubt we get a shot at him.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
Also as a 2nd or 3rd round option if not later I think David Molk, center from Michigan certainly has pro potential and wouldn't mind taking him at some point to let him play behind Raiola for a year or two
Good call. Dom (although seems to personifies the D) is 33 now & due $4M I think I read?? It's a really solid draft for C's (weird) & the big 10 was loaded with them ... in addition to Molk as a 2-3 rounder, Peter Konz (Jr Wisky) & Mike Brewster (OSU) are 1-2 rounders ... but I like Ben Jones (UGA) I think he is going to be a solid pro & Stafford would appreciate another Bulldog on the team. Especially one who he has to put his hands on his butt. :o)

1) Pay Calvin. Period. 2) Work hard to retain Avril but not much over market (he wants to stay) 3) Extend Tulloch 4) Buy Michael Griffin S Titans in FA ... then 5) draft something like this:

Chase Minnifield CB UVA
Ben Jones C UGA
Brandon Boykin CB/KR UGA
Josh Kaddu OLB Oregon

or don't go after a S in FA and ...

Mark Barron S Bama
Jayron Hosley CB Va Tech
David Molk C Mich
Tank Carder LB TCU
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Raiola will get cut. Let's be realists here.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the wide 9 defense having safeties and CB's that are good in run support is imperative. As you probably know, our d-line plays with no regard for the run. I think its stupid but thats apparently what the coaches want. It puts a lot of stress on the LB's and DB's to come up and stop the run. Often having to take on much of the O-line because our D-line is too busy running the opposite way and not occupying blockers.

Didn't really get to see Barron in pass coverage tonight since Jordan Jefferson is god awful. Was kinda surprised they had Barron at FS and Lester at SS tonight. Coulda swore they were on opposite sides the first time they played LSU. Lester is a good prospect, looked good tonight. Hopefully he comes out. Burfict and Lester for our first two picks would make me happy.

Lastly, I hope we can find away to draft Tyrann Mathieu next year....Lions could use a sure tackling, ballhawking CB who can also return kicks in the woooorst way...
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peter Konz, C - Wisconsin?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Peter Konz, C - Wisconsin?
Like Konz a TON ... what's the "?" for?
Although it would cost Detroit pick #23, a 6-5 C would be soooo refreshing! (haha)

Thanks for the service ... but Dom is 33/34 & due $4M I believe. Time to upgrade (get younger, bigger & cheaper). Monty Ball ran right up the gut behind Konz a bunch in 2011 (2010 too) I imagine Leshoure doing that too, for years to come.

Not sexy but very functional. Pair this pick with a rd 2 selection of a versatile/talented S like Markelle Martin (Ok St) or a run stuffing/6-1 CB like Stephon Gilmore (S. Carolina) or CB Casey Hayward (Vandi) I would be very happy with that 1st & 2nd round.

Resign Backus for 1 year & draft Nate Potter LT (Boise St) in rd 3. Then let Fox, Potter, Hilliard & Cherilus battle it out for 2 T spots for 2013 ... how bout dem apples !?!?! :o)

retain Tulloch & Avril ... re-up Backus for veteran min @ 1 yr deal around $1M (assuming he heals good from surgery) keep CJ but wait until next year to pay him the BIG $ contract (he'll stay)

let go of Raiola & Wright ...

see what Michael Griffin is fetching in FA & let Spievey learn S from the sidelines not on the field ... that could an amazing Mayhem off-season!

1) Konz C - Wisky
2) Gilmore CB - S. Carolina
3) Potter LT - Boise St.

(keep) Avril, Tulloch, CJ, Backus (reduced)
(+) draft, M. Griffin?
(-) Raiola, Wright
Old 01-14-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Like Konz a TON ... what's the "?" for?
Although it would cost Detroit pick #23, a 6-5 C would be soooo refreshing! (haha)

I could live with Konz if he has a solid combine.

Thanks for the service ... but Dom is 33/34 & due $4M I believe. Time to upgrade (get younger, bigger & cheaper). Monty Ball ran right up the gut behind Konz a bunch in 2011 (2010 too) I imagine Leshoure doing that too, for years to come.

Yeah, but can he pass block, the combine will tell.

Not sexy but very functional. Pair this pick with a rd 2 selection of a versatile/talented S like Markelle Martin (Ok St) or a run stuffing/6-1 CB like Stephon Gilmore (S. Carolina) or CB Casey Hayward (Vandi) I would be very happy with that 1st & 2nd round.

Decent but I'm not a Hayward fan. Much rather see us draft Trumain Johnson CB/S in round 2, he could be a real steal. He's a big CB with tremendous physical abilities and dominated at the lower level.

Resign Backus for 1 year & draft Nate Potter LT (Boise St) in rd 3. Then let Fox, Potter, Hilliard & Cherilus battle it out for 2 T spots for 2013 ... how bout dem apples !?!?! :o)

None of them can be a starter at LT in the NFL IMO except Backus.

retain Tulloch & Avril ... re-up Backus for veteran min @ 1 yr deal around $1M (assuming he heals good from surgery) keep CJ but wait until next year to pay him the BIG $ contract (he'll stay)

Backus won't sign for the veteran minimum if he is healthy. He can get big bucks in FA. LT go very fast in FA as they almost never go on the FA list.

let go of Raiola & Wright ...

see what Michael Griffin is fetching in FA & let Spievey learn S from the sidelines not on the field ... that could an amazing Mayhem off-season!

Never going to happen. Spivey is the starter period.

1) Konz C - Wisky
2) Gilmore CB - S. Carolina
3) Potter LT - Boise St.

(keep) Avril, Tulloch, CJ, Backus (reduced)
(+) draft, M. Griffin?
(-) Raiola, Wright
IMO, KVB looks like he has lost a step and we need to seriously upgrade his position if we want to have a solid defense.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

I bet Mayhew thinks they have Backus' replacement in the wings with Jason Fox. Love it or hate it, I would not be surprised if they give Fox a shot in camp (depending on the Backus contract & his healing from surgery)

Regarding Nate Potter ... he will be a LT in the NFL. He obviously is an above avg pass blocker, just ask Kellen Moore! (haha) His flaw is his run blocking but that is why he is not a 1st rounder.

Spievey is not my choice as the S next to Delmas. He seems like Cunningham's "project", so like you say he is likely locked in their unless a new DC is brought in. Maybe the below average corner play the past 2 seasons has exploited some of his on the field learning failures? I just have not seen enough to be excited about him as the starting S.

Just my opinions.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think for one second that Mayhew would give Jason Fox the job. He spent the year on IR, didn't he? And as a rookie, he played a few dozen snaps. There's no way he's the protector of Stafford.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if M. Floyd or A. Jeffery fell and provided better value that any of the positions of need, could anyone see and scenario where we take one of them and cut Burleson? Or will Young eventually be able to step up and be a number 2?
Old 01-15-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They would potentially be best available and I am not opposed to drafting a WR with that talent at 4 years and just under $2 million. I would think Mercilus would still be BPA, then WRs or Konz depending on their combines. I would really prefer getting a player at a bigger need, but I wouldn't complain. We have to catch the Packers one way or another.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
What if M. Floyd or A. Jeffery fell and provided better value that any of the positions of need, could anyone see and scenario where we take one of them and cut Burleson? Or will Young eventually be able to step up and be a number 2?
It's an interesting thought. Burleson seems like he could be cut and replaced with someone younger and cheaper, but I think that's probably one year premature. If the Lions had a current fourth receiver that was worth a damn, then I could see it. But Stovall and Davis are no such receiver.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Not a fan of WR in 1st. There will be other BPA @ 23. I debate this with someone every year, BPA is not necessarily BPA left on your board. There is some situational intelligence applied, like if the Lions board looked like

23) RGIII (QB)
24) Mercilus (DE)
25) Jeffrey (WR)

when it's there turn to pick ... they clearly skip a 1st rd QB like Griffin & go with the DE Mercilus. This is strictly "hypothetical" but you get my drift.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya it was just a thought, there are obviously better choices for us, but I really like both of those guys as compliments to Calvin. I can imagine the rage that would erupt on 97.1 if that were to occur however haha.

I'm still all in for taking the best player available which is the strategy I think the front office will take.

I'm just imagining a scenario where it's Zack Brown or Michael Floyd (due to the way the 1st round played out), and I'd probably go with Floyd all day.

Last edited by DoWnThEfiElD : 01-15-2012 at 07:41 PM.
DoWnThEfiElD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spievey kinda pretty much sucks.. how is he the "starter period"? He's the starter if we can't find an upgrade but I'd definitely look to improve that position.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Spievey kinda pretty much sucks.. how is he the "starter period"? He's the starter if we can't find an upgrade but I'd definitely look to improve that position.
Yeahhh, please don't let him start next year. He can't do anything.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

He's the "starter, period" because there are greater positions of need and ones occupied by old players or entirely vacated.

It's pretty obvious the Lions aren't going to part with players like Spievey and Raiola (as some of you guys clamor for) when there are more glaring problems.

I'm in no way saying those guys couldn't and shouldn't be upgraded, but my expectations are realistic.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with Backus and Dom for one more year.

I thought Spievey played ok earlier in the season. He had a few timely interceptions. It was his first year playing safety. I think he still has a chance to be a good player. I'll give him one more year.

No to any WR picks. The offense can score points. Need to bring in a better veteran than Rashied Davis though.

I wouldn't mind a DE early.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
He's the "starter, period" because there are greater positions of need and ones occupied by old players or entirely vacated.

It's pretty obvious the Lions aren't going to part with players like Spievey and Raiola (as some of you guys clamor for) when there are more glaring problems.

I'm in no way saying those guys couldn't and shouldn't be upgraded, but my expectations are realistic.
You brought up Burleson getting cut & I don't see how that is any more "realistic' than Raiola getting cut Xio ...

Our common ground is we both feel Raiola & Spievey are upgradable.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind being able to run the ball up the middle sometime in my lifetime. Konz and Zeitler would be pretty nice. We'd have to say "f our defense" to do it though.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-16-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
You brought up Burleson getting cut & I don't see how that is any more "realistic' than Raiola getting cut Xio ...

Our common ground is we both feel Raiola & Spievey are upgradable.
I certainly wasn't the one who brought up the notion of cutting Nate. This is what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
It's an interesting thought. Burleson seems like he could be cut and replaced with someone younger and cheaper, but I think that's probably one year premature. If the Lions had a current fourth receiver that was worth a damn, then I could see it. But Stovall and Davis are no such receiver.
There isn't a chance in hell Burleson will be cut. Even the guy who originally brought it up was only speaking hypothetically, as many of us do.

I guarantee that Raiola, Burleson and Spievey are all on the team next year.

Last edited by Xiomera : 01-16-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I'm fine with Backus and Dom for one more year.

I thought Spievey played ok earlier in the season. He had a few timely interceptions. It was his first year playing safety. I think he still has a chance to be a good player. I'll give him one more year.

No to any WR picks. The offense can score points. Need to bring in a better veteran than Rashied Davis though.

I wouldn't mind a DE early.
Right in tune with you Scotty, that's pretty well how I see it.

We are scoring 35 points a game so why would we draft WR's or an OC unless they were irresistible when we draft. Rated so high above the next pick on our board that you had to take one. Sure an OC or a LT would be nice but I think we can win now, and yes, I mean a Super Bowl.

We absolutely stunk on run defense and our sack totals weren't competitive with other top teams, so it seems to me that we will draft defense and more defense. I fully agree that a DE to replace KVB who looked lost in the playoffs and appears to have lost a step, would be nice if the opportunity presents itself in the draft.

Schwartz would in all likelihood draft a bigger DE, somebody like a Cam Johnson or a Billy Winn. For those who don't know Cam Johnson, Virginia
(6'3", 270lbs.). He is the hardest working DE in college football. He wears down blockers with his fanatical effort and is also a skilled rusher capable of winning with speed and power. He has the ability to wreck havoc off the edges which makes him an ideal RDE.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

1. Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois

He stays as our pick. Btw, he had 1.5 sacks against Mike Adams and got another one against Wisconsin. Scouts Inc knocks his "closing speed" but he can go speed and strength. He sets OTs up with speed, but has several good counter moves.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2011/player/...k/gamelog.html

2. Ben Jones C Georgia

Veteran of SEC trenches, has good hand technique, and even started 10 games at Center while Stafford was there. Can this become our own Manning-Saturday battery?

3. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt

I have Trumane Johnson just off the board, but Casey Hayward on the top at this point. This is another true steal. He was absolutely victimized by belonging to a terrible Vanderbilt team. If he went to school at Florida, then he would be a 1st rounder. 7 interceptions with 2 in the bowl game means that Hayward shouldn't drop game changing interceptions in playoff games.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2011/player/...n/gamelog.html

4. Jordan White WR Western Michigan

I know we give him love, but his reviews are mixed out there. He did have a pretty big injury that made him miss 2008 and made this year his 6th year due to medical hardship. He should go 2nd or 3rd, but I believe he'll be here for us. We won't ask much out of him initially, but he'll be very dependable and allow us to really open up the field if we want to show different spread looks.

5. Nico Johnson LB Alabama

This pick is more about depth and respect for Nick Saban's coaching. He should provide solid depth in the middle.

7. Daron Rose OT North Alabama

Credit goes to Walterfootball for this one. This guy started 11 games at left tackle for Florida State in 2007 as a Sophomore. He had to do the Janoris Jenkins thing because he was caught in a cheating scandal. He has the tools, and at this point in the draft should be a worthwhile gamble.

Late round conditional pick from Seattle

Janzen Jackson S Formerly of Tennessee and McNeese State

This dude does not have it all together, but he's got the talent. This is a throw away gamble type pick anyway and he gets the shot because he has the highest ceiling.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-17-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
1. Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois

He stays as our pick. Btw, he had 1.5 sacks against Mike Adams and got another one against Wisconsin. Scouts Inc knocks his "closing speed" but he can go speed and strength. He sets OTs up with speed, but has several good counter moves.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2011/player/...k/gamelog.html

2. Ben Jones C Georgia

Veteran of SEC trenches, has good hand technique, and even started 10 games at Center while Stafford was there. Can this become our own Manning-Saturday battery?

3. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt

I have Trumane Johnson just off the board, but Casey Hayward on the top at this point. This is another true steal. He was absolutely victimized by belonging to a terrible Vanderbilt team. If he went to school at Florida, then he would be a 1st rounder. 7 interceptions with 2 in the bowl game means that Hayward shouldn't drop game changing interceptions in playoff games.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2011/player/...n/gamelog.html

4. Jordan White WR Western Michigan

I know we give him love, but his reviews are mixed out there. He did have a pretty big injury that made him miss 2008 and made this year his 6th year due to medical hardship. He should go 2nd or 3rd, but I believe he'll be here for us. We won't ask much out of him initially, but he'll be very dependable and allow us to really open up the field if we want to show different spread looks.

5. Nico Johnson LB Alabama

This pick is more about depth and respect for Nick Saban's coaching. He should provide solid depth in the middle.

7. Daron Rose OT North Alabama

Credit goes to Walterfootball for this one. This guy started 11 games at left tackle for Florida State in 2007 as a Sophomore. He had to do the Janoris Jenkins thing because he was caught in a cheating scandal. He has the tools, and at this point in the draft should be a worthwhile gamble.

Late round conditional pick from Seattle

Janzen Jackson S Formerly of Tennessee and McNeese State

This dude does not have it all together, but he's got the talent. This is a throw away gamble type pick anyway and he gets the shot because he has the highest ceiling.
Just looking at the top 3, I could live happily with Mercilus, Jones and Hayward although I'm not convinced that Hayward can cover man to man. Strictly a zone guy IMO.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
This.

Spievey is terrible. Harris is one of the worst in the league, or so he played like it.

My wish list:

1) Melvin Ingram -- I've been on the DE bandwagon a ton. Don't think Avril is consistent at all and KVB is a rotational player now.
2) David DeCastro -- Steve Hutchinson part two.
3) Peter Konz -- Need to move on from the aging OL.
4) Mark Barron -- I hate Spievey.
5) Janoris Jenkins

In Round two I'd love to grab Brandon Boykin -- loved what I saw from him this year!

FA will be huge for us. I think the FO will push hard for both CB Cortland Finnegan(whom Titans fans feel like was one of the best CBs in the league this year) and FS Michael Griffin. Schwartz knows both and both love him and this system. Would lessen our draft day needs, too.

BTW -- Mayhew in his presser after the playoff loss said that he realizes 3 of our starting OL are on the wrong side of 30 years old and they'll begin to really look at that. Glad to hear after we seemingly have ignored it for years!
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote