Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-12-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't hate Brian Schottenheimer, he just hasn't had a great track record wherever he's gone. I like to look at how the team directly before and directly after they coached somewhere and I just don't see Brian as an outstanding OC. Let's just say I have higher hopes than him.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zimmer and Chudzinski will interview with the Bucs very soon, according to Shefter.

Mike Zimmer has been the top choice of the fans mind. Many media ananylsts have also said he is a perfect fit and logical one for this team. I only hope the Glazers and Dominik think the same. Another rumor I heard was that Hue Jackson could be a candidate for OC to come along with Zimmer.

Rob Chudzinski will get interviewed, but I think he wants to coach another year and in my opinion, he needs another year at OC to prove himself with that offense.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited for both of these interviewees. Young, upstarts who have actually earned a shot at a HC job.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@HolderStephen: As the #Bucs begin assembling a coaching staff, remember this name: #49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula: Link/

“@HolderStephen: I was told #49ers do not intend to renew Tomsula so he could be candidate for def coord or something else w/#Bucs. Definitely interested”

A poster on another Bucs forum dug this up:

Quote:
"Since Tomsula’s arrival, the 49ers run defense and pass rush have steadily improved. During his four seasons with the team, the defensive line has allowed a mere 3.7 yards per carry, to rank 4th in the NFL during that span. In terms of yards per carry allowed, San Francisco’s defense ranked 5th (3.8) in 2007, 8th (3.8) in 2008, 3rd (3.6) in 2009 and 2nd (3.5) in 2010, a notable improvement from ranking 16th (4.1) in 2006 prior to Tomsula’s arrival."
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
@HolderStephen: As the #Bucs begin assembling a coaching staff, remember this name: #49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula: Link/

“@HolderStephen: I was told #49ers do not intend to renew Tomsula so he could be candidate for def coord or something else w/#Bucs. Definitely interested”

A poster on another Bucs forum dug this up:

Would we be moving to a 3-4? Bowers and Clayborn could put on some pounds and play DE's in a 3-4 they're already both at 280ish, but McCoy and Price would go to waste and that my friend would suck.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Would we be moving to a 3-4? Bowers and Clayborn could put on some pounds and play DE's in a 3-4 they're already both at 280ish, but McCoy and Price would go to waste and that my friend would suck.
I'm not sure if it automatically means a 3-4, but I could see McCoy playing in a Justin Smith type role. He is virtually the same size as Smith (5 pounds heavier).

Old 01-15-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Zimmer is supposed to be getting an interview in Tampa tomorrow.
@JasonLaCanfora (Jason La Canfora):
Bengals D Coordinator Mike Zimmer will interview with the Bucs tomorrow. Rob Chudzinski was also granted permission to interview there
Old 01-15-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm not sure if it automatically means a 3-4, but I could see McCoy playing in a Justin Smith type role. He is virtually the same size as Smith (5 pounds heavier).
I love McCoy. Think he has had great play when's he's been out there, but Smith is a beast that plays with pure power and non stop heart. Don't think McCoy can hold up in a 3/4.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I love McCoy. Think he has had great play when's he's been out there, but Smith is a beast that plays with pure power and non stop heart. Don't think McCoy can hold up in a 3/4.
Didn't say he'd be as good. Pretty hard to match Smith as a 3-4 DE.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Bucs have received permission to interview Packers QBs coach Tom Clements for their head-coaching vacancy.
The Bucs also got access to Packers OC Joe Philbin today. If they're really interested in becoming Green Bay South, they could try hiring Philbin as head coach and Clemens as coordinator in a package deal. Clements is one of a near-countless number of candidates receiving consideration in Tampa.
Related: Packers
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Jan 16 - 9:08 PM
Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I'd love to get Clements to Tampa Bay some how. I'm not sure how responsible he is for developing Rodgers, but I'd bet he definitely helped a lot. Would be a great package type deal.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Clements is a candidate for OC. I can't see him as a HC candidate from a QB coach.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd love to get Clements to Tampa Bay some how. I'm not sure how responsible he is for developing Rodgers, but I'd bet he definitely helped a lot. Would be a great package type deal.
I think he's got a lot to do with it.

When he was the QB coach for the Chiefs, Elvis Grbac made the Pro Bowl. When he filled that same role in Pittsburgh, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox made the Pro Bowl. Those guys aren't exactly Hall of Famers, but they played like some of the best QBs in the league when Clements was coaching them.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

If Philbin becomes our HC and Clements becomes our OC would be a dream.... But a big part of me still wants Marty to run this team... Every player thats played for Marty speaks the world of him.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

NFL network is saying the Bucs will cut the list down this weekend and go with the 2nd round of interviews.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Well, while we're on the topic of questioning how much power assistant coaches have, why don't we take a look at Philbin? It's a known fact that McCarthy calls the offensive plays.

Philbin sits up on the press box and, while he's in communication with McCarthy throughout the game, I have to question how much control he actually has over that offense.

Then, again, I could just be over-analyzing this. Being a great coordinator has nothing to do with being a great head coach.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
NFL network is saying the Bucs will cut the list down this weekend and go with the 2nd round of interviews.
By then, Zimmer will be signing his deal wiht Miami.

I still don't get why the Bucs are taking TOO MUCH TIME!

I'm glad they did there research, but come on. This is really dragging on to the point Zimmer will not wait til the weekend to hear if he made the 2nd cut if he's linked as a top candidate to Miami and they call him.

I hope La Canfora is talking out of his *** on this but i dont know.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well, while we're on the topic of questioning how much power assistant coaches have, why don't we take a look at Philbin? It's a known fact that McCarthy calls the offensive plays.

Philbin sits up on the press box and, while he's in communication with McCarthy throughout the game, I have to question how much control he actually has over that offense.

Then, again, I could just be over-analyzing this. Being a great coordinator has nothing to do with being a great head coach.
Yeah, that's the thing with him. Many Packer fans have said McCarthy is the main playcaller and Philbin is pretty much Carmichael to the Saints. Helps with the game plan and is named the OC, but the HC makes all the decisions and calls.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
By then, Zimmer will be signing his deal wiht Miami.

I still don't get why the Bucs are taking TOO MUCH TIME!

I'm glad they did there research, but come on. This is really dragging on to the point Zimmer will not wait til the weekend to hear if he made the 2nd cut if he's linked as a top candidate to Miami and they call him.

I hope La Canfora is talking out of his *** on this but i dont know.
La Canfora is a moron. Pretty much every piece of information he's given about the Bucs HC search has been wrong.

I'm glad they're taking their time finding the next coach. There are still plenty of good candidates whose teams are still alive (Perry Fewell is one I like). Knee-jerk reactions tend to go poorly, anyway. That's how Raheem Morris got hired to be the head coach.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
La Canfora is a moron. Pretty much every piece of information he's given about the Bucs HC search has been wrong.

I'm glad they're taking their time finding the next coach. There are still plenty of good candidates whose teams are still alive (Perry Fewell is one I like). Knee-jerk reactions tend to go poorly, anyway. That's how Raheem Morris got hired to be the head coach.
I understand that they should take there time, but another 2 weeks? Zimmer is the best candidate left. The Bucs need to act quickly, or they can lose out.

Not only that, but they also are losing out on potential OC/DC assistants as well. There is a thing of taking time to do a thorough research, but too much time can bite you in the *** as well/.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I understand that they should take there time, but another 2 weeks? Zimmer is the best candidate left. The Bucs need to act quickly, or they can lose out.

Not only that, but they also are losing out on potential OC/DC assistants as well. There is a thing of taking time to do a thorough research, but too much time can bite you in the *** as well/.
How do you know Zimmer is the best candidate left? He's got no head coaching experience and, as I've already mentioned, it can be proven that succeeding as a coordinator doesn't have an impact on whether or not you'll succeed as a head coach.

As for OC/DC candidates, the guy I want for DC isn't even available to interview, since his team is still alive in the playoffs. (Jim Tomsula.)
Old 01-17-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How do you know Zimmer is the best candidate left? He's got no head coaching experience and, as I've already mentioned, it can be proven that succeeding as a coordinator doesn't have an impact on whether or not you'll succeed as a head coach.

As for OC/DC candidates, the guy I want for DC isn't even available to interview, since his team is still alive in the playoffs. (Jim Tomsula.)
He's been linked by several people that he is the perfect candidate for the job. His respect, ability to get the best out of his players and respect from them as well. Disciplinarian. CONSISTANCY as a defensive coordinator (look up his resume, I dare you).

He has the moxy and make up to lead a team. He has ties with Hue Jackson (possible OC).

BTW, I like Tomsula as a candidate.

Also this just in: http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1254/dolphins-defense

Apparently, they like Bowles or an offensive guy in Mike McCoy.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

If Miami wants Zimmer I doubt we could compete financially any way.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If Miami wants Zimmer I doubt we could compete financially any way.
Read link above. They narrowed it down to Philbin, McCoy, and Bowels. Zimmer is Tampa's if they want him!

Make it happen Glazers and DOM!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

NO's to interview Spags for their DC... I hate my Bucs right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!