Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-14-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So do guys think they should even bother negotiating with BJGE? He's going to want more than he's worth to the Pats and they have Ridley, Vereen, and Woodhead...
I want him back because he gets a few yards per carry, is almost a 0% risk for turning it over, and has really developed a feel for the system.

Plus, how much does he really think he's going to get lol...
Old 01-15-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well there it is guys, great ******* win in a very dominant fashion. Here's hoping we can bring this level of play for two more games. But for now Let's enjoy this win because really it's about ******* time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's certainly progress. Not even the win, just winning in that situation.

...we still haven't beat a team with a winning record in the regular season. We're capable of doing it and will have to next week. Certainly wish we could transfer some of those garbage points into the next game :/

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe next week, we can beat a legitimate playoff team. Oh... I said it. BURN
Old 01-15-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

60 minutes. That's what tonight was about aside from winning in the playoffs. We came out at our best and played at that level the entire time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-15-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
60 minutes. That's what tonight was about aside from winning in the playoffs. We came out at our best and played at that level the entire time.
Hopefully we can do that again against a far tougher team than the Tebow led Broncos. I'm not sure who I want to play more between the Texans and the Ravens. Both teams scare me with how well they can run the ball and how both defenses get to the QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:01 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So do guys think they should even bother negotiating with BJGE? He's going to want more than he's worth to the Pats and they have Ridley, Vereen, and Woodhead...
No. Let him loose. That was sealed when they drafted 2 RBs last year.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:02 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Hopefully we can do that again against a far tougher team than the Tebow led Broncos. I'm not sure who I want to play more between the Texans and the Ravens. Both teams scare me with how well they can run the ball and how both defenses get to the QB.
To be fair to the OL. Denver has a mean pass rush too and it was invisible last night.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-15-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys see a position change in the future for McCourty? He seems to be spending a lot of time at safety recently. I think I saw or read somewhere that he is more comfortable looking at the QB. Is there more value this year in the draft at cb rather than safety? I think he could be a good center fielder and you'd have Chung as your in the box safety.
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
Do you guys see a position change in the future for McCourty? He seems to be spending a lot of time at safety recently. I think I saw or read somewhere that he is more comfortable looking at the QB. Is there more value this year in the draft at cb rather than safety? I think he could be a good center fielder and you'd have Chung as your in the box safety.
Definately could see it depending on how they feel about Dowling at Corner.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-15-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think McCourty will stick at CB. I thought he looked much better towards the end of the season.
I'd rather see us go after a true CF in the draft than another CB.
This could be a combination of his bad play with the bad play at S, outside of Chung.

Next round should be interesting, regardless of who wins. They pose the same problems, imo.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I think McCourty will stick at CB. I thought he looked much better towards the end of the season.
I'd rather see us go after a true CF in the draft than another CB.
This could be a combination of his bad play with the bad play at S, outside of Chung.

Next round should be interesting, regardless of who wins. They pose the same problems, imo.
Right I wouldn't be surprised either way I mean Eugene Wilson had that path starting at corner for a year before moving to safety so who knows.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-15-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

One things for sure; I want more of Hernandez at runningback. We obviously shouldn't give any more carries than we did last night, but it's a great way to take a shortcut to taking advantage of how tough he is to tackle in open field. It creates some interesting ways to get him involved as a pass catcher too. Situation look, but damn did it look good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-15-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all for keeping Law Firm if the price is right but I agree with what has been said in regards to him. I'll be a fan of him unless he ends up a Colt of Jet haha. If he walks then hopefully Ridley is ready to step up.
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
I'm all for keeping Law Firm if the price is right but I agree with what has been said in regards to him. I'll be a fan of him unless he ends up a Colt of Jet haha. If he walks then hopefully Ridley is ready to step up.
Going forward I'm more excited about Vereen. May not be a workhorse type but he has home run ability. Something that neither Ridley or BJGE have

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Not sure I agree with that assessment of Ridley. He seems to be more of an all or nothing type guy even. Maybe not a homerun hitter I guess...but he either hits a double or strikes out.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're hosting the Ravens. They sucked today and should've lost. They always seem to play better against us for some reason, but I feel pretty good about this. I'm sure that'll change as kickoff approaches lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring on Baltimore! Ed Reed looked like he got hurt on the last play. Should be interesting.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I take nothing away from the way the Ravens struggled on offense today. It's what was to be expected, even. That Houston defense is elite and they aren't on that side of the ball. They still played good defense and will probably be ready to play even better against us. We can beat them if we play a complete game like we did against Denver, but I don't thin we can get by with anything less.

BB has a whole games worth of tape of them kicking the crap out of us in a playoff game. Hopefully that's used to good effect.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-15-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston simply looked like they'd never heard of Ed Reed before in the gameplanning for that game offensively. They let him be a huge factor all game long. The Patriots are smarter than that. I don't even remember the last time Ed Reed had a huge impact on the game itself because they do such a good job gameplanning to keep the offense going away from him.

New England can learn a lot from the way Houston ran the ball today, and the onus is going to be on the defense, imo. They have to play better than they did against the Broncos.

The Ravens are slightly more balanced offensively, but are just better at everything compared to the Broncos. I think the gameplan against he Ravens should be fairly similar minus the option stuff, and the defensive backs HAVE to be in better position to defend the pass and not give up big plays.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

I feel really confident going into this game. The ravens were very sloppy and CamCam is their worst enemy.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-15-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
To be fair to the OL. Denver has a mean pass rush too and it was invisible last night.
They were amazing against the Broncos.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

I'm feeling us vs the Giants in a rematch.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-15-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

After both the Packers and Saints lose and we get a soft matchup against the Broncos for an easy win, anyone worried?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
After both the Packers and Saints lose and we get a soft matchup against the Broncos for an easy win, anyone worried?
Yup. Outside of Flacco the Ravens are a great team. It should be a nail biter unless Flaccid shows up.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote