Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the most dangerous team?
San Francisco 11 15.49%
Atlanta 2 2.82%
New York Giants 13 18.31%
New Orleans 36 50.70%
Detroit 1 1.41%
Baltimore 4 5.63%
Houston 1 1.41%
Denver 3 4.23%
Pittsburgh 0 0%
Cincinnati 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few quick points:

Most importantly, in the postseason, ALL THAT MATTERS IS HOW YOU PLAY ON THAT DAY. There is no "is." He "is" this or "is" that. Fewell sucks. Brees "is" elite. Anything can and will happen. There's a saying for athletes: you're only as good as your next game. I know it goes without saying but past performance does not necesarily indicate future success. Sure, Fewell's defense has had its share of struggles this season, but they've also gone through some pretty impressive stretches. That's the beauty of the game - the chess match, the execution - it all matters. There is no "is" in a consistent, non-fluid, quantifiable sense. Drew Brees has shown that he can play QB at an extremely high level, but that doesn't mean he will.

My points:

-The Saints defense can play like **** sometimes. Roman Harper's had a better year, but he's a guy a QB can really pick on for big plays. Same goes for Robinson and even Porter at signs. And their run defense isn't that strong either. And for as good as Drew Brees can be, the Rams tape from this year might be helpful to a team that can knock him down a bit. I'm thinking about the Lions or Giants. And he hasn't in a while, but he can throw picks.

-Matt Stafford has the ability to play at a level similar to that of Aaron Rodgers last postseason. This has become evident especially the last few weeks. With Kevin Smith giving them just a hint of a running game, that offense has the potential every week to put up 50. Detroit can also force turnovers and rush the passer a little bit. They also have nothing to lose and can play the 'no one believes in us' card as 10 point dogs against the big bad Saints in NOLA.

-As for the Giants, if they play the way they did last night, they WILL beat everyone and do 2007 all over again. We know they CAN, but will they? That's why we watch. Because of this, they're insanely dangerous. That lockerroom is a weird bunch but when they fly around and all play hard, they are as good as any team in the NFL.

So I say DET and NYG as most dangerous.

In the AFC, I'd be surprised with any other AFCCG than BAL-NE. I do expect DEN to shock PIT though.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bump...

The Giants look pretty damn dangerous right about now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers defense = Superbowl bound !!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Bump...

The Giants look pretty damn dangerous right about now..
Once again, I won. Glad you made the voting public.

Again, the casual, uneducated, immature fan just often looks at the records. Of the regular season.

The savvy, educated ones look at the players, the talent, the momentum, and the matchups. And they don't talk bullschit smack, and the profit from what they see unobjectively.

MetSox you *****, how do you always handle failure? You have a decade plus of being used to it, (plus your own pathetic **** life).
We're not used to dealing with like you are. haha
I thought it was all Favre's fault back in the day for us.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Proud that I can say I honestly made this vote before the playoff results. :)