Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-12-2012, 05:56 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Yeah, pulling linemen need to execute their blocks on those. There have been a few screens that were setup for big gains and the lead blockers whiffed.
EXACTLY!
I actually last week was so pissed on that one screen to Saine, that I rewound, replayed, and paused the sequence to show that it was set up PERFECTLY, we had 2 guys, Sitton and Wells out front, with just one D guy within 10 yards.... and the first blocker Sitton WHIFFED and the LB made a hard surprise tackle on Saine. Almost hurt his knee.

Saine assumed the guy would be walled off, but the bast*rd Sitton just rolled low instead of getting his hands on the guy and blocking. I hope Sitton got his @ss handed to him in the film room for that one. His whiff cost us a huge play.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here’s the official injury report:

Bryan Bulaga, T Knee Full Participation Probable

Chad Clifton, T Hamstring/Back Did Not Participate Probable

Randall Cobb, WR Groin Limited Participation Probable

Evan Dietrich-Smith, G, Illness Did Not Participate Probable

Robert Francois, LB Hamstring Did Not Participate Doubtful

Greg Jennings, WR Knee Full Participation Probable

James Starks, RB Ankle Full Participation Probable
Everyone is good 2 go. All hands on deck.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Clifton and Bulaga back manning the edges is going to be huge IMO.

If the Giants are going to stick with this 2-Man (2-deep, man-under) coverage I've been reading about, Finley should be able to do some work in the middle of the field.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm thinking Finley has a big game
Old 01-13-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Getting Clifton and Bulaga back manning the edges is going to be huge IMO.

If the Giants are going to stick with this 2-Man (2-deep, man-under) coverage I've been reading about, Finley should be able to do some work in the middle of the field.
Love J-Mike, and I agree he's probably gonna have a big game Sunday.
But he hasn't really hit the deep seemers this year like he did before.

Not sure if they're being defended better, getting away with more clutch & grabbing, or if he's lost a half-step or something, but I miss seeing him get deep in the middle.

I do like when McCarthy gets a Jennings or Cobb matched up in the slot on a slow safety though, and opens the defense up wide.

I can see us winning a close game, us getting upset close, or I can see us blowing these guys out, playing pissed, mean, aggressive on defense, and Rodgers performing a lobotomy on their defense.

I can see Grant having a good game, or Brandon Saine, strong like bull and running fearless, having a surprising game. He's a low bowling ball.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Love J-Mike, and I agree he's probably gonna have a big game Sunday.
But he hasn't really hit the deep seemers this year like he did before.

Not sure if they're being defended better, getting away with more clutch & grabbing, or if he's lost a half-step or something, but I miss seeing him get deep in the middle.

I do like when McCarthy gets a Jennings or Cobb matched up in the slot on a slow safety though, and opens the defense up wide.

I can see us winning a close game, us getting upset close, or I can see us blowing these guys out, playing pissed, mean, aggressive on defense, and Rodgers performing a lobotomy on their defense.

I can see Grant having a good game, or Brandon Saine, strong like bull and running fearless, having a surprising game. He's a low bowling ball.
I can see it being a blow out win for the Packers or a close win for the Giants. I dont think we win another down to the wire intense game but I can see us absolutely butt whipping them something like 45-17.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some thoughts

-I don't necessarily think that Chad Clifton returning will be a big help for the team...yes he did get snaps against the Lions but the fact that he has not gotten considerable playing time and has been dealing with an injury since early on in the season...I would go with Newhouse given his youth, ability to move more freely and familiarity with the Giants given them playing just a handful of weeks ago

-Our run defense better step up (looking at you AJ Hawk)...Bradshaw is on the injury report but he is healthy enough and Brandon Jacobs looks strong late in the year...I see the Giants coming out establishing the run and if they get that going then our defense is in big touble because that'll play right into Gilbride's hands for play calling (remember Kalil Bell's strong performance in Week 16?)

-If I had to put a prediction on the game I would say the Giants come into Lambeau and win 27-24...in our run last year to the Super Bowl we were able to rely heavily on our defense to create pressure, turnovers, and scores...more times than not in the playoffs it seems like the defense is the catalyst to a title run and right now I don't see our defense being in a place where they can get us a win against a caliber of team like New York

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Some thoughts

-I don't necessarily think that Chad Clifton returning will be a big help for the team...yes he did get snaps against the Lions but the fact that he has not gotten considerable playing time and has been dealing with an injury since early on in the season...I would go with Newhouse given his youth, ability to move more freely and familiarity with the Giants given them playing just a handful of weeks ago

-Our run defense better step up (looking at you AJ Hawk)...Bradshaw is on the injury report but he is healthy enough and Brandon Jacobs looks strong late in the year...I see the Giants coming out establishing the run and if they get that going then our defense is in big touble because that'll play right into Gilbride's hands for play calling (remember Kalil Bell's strong performance in Week 16?)

-If I had to put a prediction on the game I would say the Giants come into Lambeau and win 27-24...in our run last year to the Super Bowl we were able to rely heavily on our defense to create pressure, turnovers, and scores...more times than not in the playoffs it seems like the defense is the catalyst to a title run and right now I don't see our defense being in a place where they can get us a win against a caliber of team like New York
We have the most interception in the league and probably one of the highest scoring defenses. How can you not rely on the defense to get turnovers and scores?

Reading this you'd think we were the ones going to the Meadowlands as a wildcard underdog. We just went 15-1 with the same defense and along the way we beat the Giants away from Lambeau. Have some confidence in the team!

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
We have the most interception in the league and probably one of the highest scoring defenses. How can you not rely on the defense to get turnovers and scores?

Reading this you'd think we were the ones going to the Meadowlands as a wildcard underdog. We just went 15-1 with the same defense and along the way we beat the Giants away from Lambeau. Have some confidence in the team!
Our takeaway numbers are misleading because it has more to do with our offense running away from teams and opponents playing from behind and needing to catch up...it just feels different than last year as far as the opportunities that our defense presented to the team...i'm just trying to give the most unbiased evaluation of the game coming up that I can

Old 01-13-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Our takeaway numbers are misleading because it has more to do with our offense running away from teams and opponents playing from behind and needing to catch up...it just feels different than last year as far as the opportunities that our defense presented to the team...i'm just trying to give the most unbiased evaluation of the game coming up that I can
You can say the exact same thing for the yards numbers! I dont get your point here.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
You can say the exact same thing for the yards numbers! I dont get your point here.
I'm not a big stats guy...plain and simple: our defense is more of a liability than a strength

Old 01-13-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not a big stats guy...plain and simple: our defense is more of a liability than a strength
I have a love/hate relationship with our defense. The Chargers game for example. We scored two INT touchdowns so technically they're the reason we won the game but its annoying when you just want to shut the other team down and they cant.

Half the time i'm like. "f*** i love our defense" and the other half im like "FFS you stupid b******s!"

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-14-2012, 03:48 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

The D has stepped up when they needed to this year for the most part. The ATL game they held the Falcons until the O finally got their sh*t together...same with the first game at Detroit. They stopped the Saints time and time again on short yardage, including a couple 4th down plays. When they have needed to get a stop, they have

now with that said, they are nowhere near last year's D, but this years offense is leaps and bounds better than last year's O. The D is middle of the pack in points against and 2nd in takeaways. That means more to me than yards given up

Hold the Giants to FG's, force a turnover or 2 and the Pack should be sitting pretty in the end
Old 01-15-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Packers making some changes to the starting lineup

Brad Jones will start at ROLB, replacing Erik Walden(thank god)
C.J. Wilson will start at RDE, replacing Jarius Wynn

Quote:
Packers Inactives:

CB Davon House
LB Robert Francois
OL Herb Taylor
TE D.J. Williams
QB Graham Harrell
NT Howard Green
LB Vic So'oto
Surprised about So'oto and Green being inactive. Figured that So'oto would be active with Lattimore the one who was inactive

I would have liked Green to be active since he's another wide bodied guy up front to help plug any holes for that Giants run game.

I expect GB to play a lot of Nickel today from the looks of it

Last edited by BloodBrother : 01-15-2012 at 02:17 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Packers making some changes to the starting lineup

Brad Jones will start at ROLB, replacing Erik Walden(thank god)
C.J. Wilson will start at RDE, replacing Jarius Wynn

Surprised about So'oto and Green being inactive. Figured that So'oto would be active with Lattimore the one who was inactive

I would have liked Green to be active since he's another wide bodied guy up front to help plug any holes for that Giants run game.

I expect GB to play a lot of Nickel today from the looks of it
Howard Green is INactive, against a RB like Brandon Jacobs?
That seems wrong IMO. Are you sure?
Old 01-15-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'm very sure. He hasn't really been that good this year, but it is still surprising

looks like they'll go with Raji/Pickett on a lot of plays and the LBers will need to step up and make their tackles
Old 01-15-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Safety Depth just went up the priority list for the off-season? I'm not sure Peprah couldn't be upgraded even as the 3rd Safety on the depth chart.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
domingo
Rookie

domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.

The refs are doing everything in their power to give this game to Green Bay. Pretty tough to beat 12 men.
domingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this is what it looks like when practically an entire team doesn't show up.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

this leaves us with a sour taste heading into the off-seson...all our flaws were exposed

Old 01-15-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingo View Post
The refs are doing everything in their power to give this game to Green Bay. Pretty tough to beat 12 men.
Yeah the Packers lost despite the refs apparently being instructed to give us some help.

We sucked. Flatout sucked.

I wrote an article a month or so ago that said we'd be more successful in the run to the Super Bowl if we could play our HOME playoff games in the warmth of Miami. We should have moved Lambeau to Miami.
Our team is not assembled for cold weather. It's just not. We're a precision passing team, where hands, fingers, and feel are important. Not grind it out, battle of the line of scrimmage football.

Have we ever had as many drops, fumbles, bad throws as today? Nope.
Kuhn had never fumbled it away in his Packer career, til today. He should be used to the cold.
But most of our games are not played in cold.

The OL pass-protected great in the first half. But the first drive of half #2, and Lang and Clifton let Osi slip in and he knocks away a TD pass probably, and we lose the fumble on the strip of Rodgers. Devastating.

That after the horseschit hail mary which was Woodson and Peprah's fault, a play after the pathetic defense, and Peprah with the slow bad angle on Bradshaw, could not tackle him and end the half, allowing the play to occur.

Why didn't Capers/McCarthy call timeout before that Hail Mary play to make sure?

Why was Crabtree in there where he was the receiver on a 3rd & long?
It hit him in the hands/numbers... resulted in a punt instead of points.
He should never be a receiver on a 3rd & long when it means you have to sit guys from: Nelson, Jennings, Driver, Jones, Cobb, Finley.

Driver was awesome today. If everyone had his hands today, we'd have won this game.

So sad I am sickened, and that will linger for a long time.
Worst 15-1 season ever.
All 7 previous playoff games this season were won by the home team.
Till this schit.

I wonder about the affect that the punk kid who got hammered drunk and went into the river dying had on the overall team.
That probably affected the offensive preparation, and probably affected the mood/sharpness/mental toughness of a lot of the guys who suffered from it all week, then went to the kid's funeral Friday.

We could have used an easy game today with that crap, and the rust, but we got a great team, unlike what the AFC #1 team NE got. One more straw in the cap of why I hate the Patriots.
But today we would have lost to a lot of teams probably, although I give the Giants a lot of the credit. They popped out all those fumbles.

On a positive note: I specifically focused on Mike Neal a lot of times and the big fella generated some pass rush at times. Also hustled hard.

I used to defend Peprah. Never again. If Collins was in his shoes today, they would have gone 3 & out to open the game... also the 2 long Nicks touchdowns were a lot of Peprah's fault, and I think Collins prevents both of them. Please come back Nick.

Sad..... time to go into hibernation mode for a long time.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Oh well. Tough to repeat in this league nowadays and the D wasn't good all year

team is still well positioned to be a top tier team for years. Need a pass rushing DE/OLB badly though

Not too upset right now. They played terribly today and you wont' win many games with 4 turnovers.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Next year!

This team has to be hungury after throwing away the chance to win the superbowl again. So many mistakes...

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-15-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'm a little upset about how they played at home but really this team should be in the mix next year barring catastrophic injuries. It's fine

LOL at the fans of other teams on the main forum making a thread about the Pack losing. Started by a Vikes fan no less(no surprise there). You know your team is doing good things when they are so hated. Means you are usually having success. Things are fine with this team going forward(granted they fix their holes at DE and OLB...maybe safety if Collins can't come back because peprah was horrible today)

Last edited by BloodBrother : 01-15-2012 at 08:26 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

If we go out and get a OLB, DE and CB in the draft we'll be fine. IN that order preferably

RIP themaninblack