Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 01-10-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens are gonna be a tough matchup. The defenses are both stout, ranking 2nd and 3rd overall. The way Atkins pushed Myers around in the beginning of the Cinci game wasn't pretty. Kubiak needs to find a way to effectively scheme against Ngata. Ed Reed hasn't been playing lights out like we're accustomed to seeing him play, but getting yards through the air is still gonna be tough. I dig this game, its gonna be good. (May continue write up later.)

We already played once and while the final score didn't reflect it, I think it showed we can play with them. The fact that its playoff time and we have momentum should make it intense. I can't say we're gonna win, but its been an awesome year so far and I think we have a very realistic shot of getting to the superbowl!

I never thought I would say that, but it just goes to show you. I haven't been on the forums much, but its definetely a good time to be a Texan fan!

I gotta bounce, but just wanna say. GO TEXANS!!!
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think there's any chance Mario hits FA?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, I think if worst came to worst, they'd franchise tag him. But they have a history of keeping their top players; the only exception would be Dunta Robinson, but I suspect that had more to do with his unreasonable demands and his drop off in performance.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
You guys think there's any chance Mario hits FA?
He will not be a FA... According to the Texans beat writer, Mario will be franchised, if they cant get a deal done they will give Mario's agent premission to seek a trade. Mario wants to be one of the highest paid defenders in the league. Texans would have to restructure lots of contracts to resign him and Foster. I dont expect Mario on the team next season.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So happy that Wade wont be interviewing with Tampa..
Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Texans!!!!
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacoby needs to go.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice game guys. I felt you guys actually won the battle in the trenches today. If you guys can get Mario locked up and keep Schaub healthy, I expect you to be very dangerous moving forward. A ton of young talent on that roster.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll just second Tack here. Good game guys. It was a lot to ask of Yates and you almost pulled it off.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so mad. Not because Balt beat us, but because we lost to ourselves. Here are my notes.

Jacoby Jones played horrible. Killed our momentum with the fumble, not to mention he spotted them seven points. And he cost us field position in a game where it was crucial. He is in my opinion the biggest reason we lost.

Yates played real well, considering. He had to go play an awesome defense in a stadium that was loud as hell. He was having trouble hearing, and that would be really tough. I don't think the stat sheet tells the story. It makes him look like the reason we lost, but he really wasn't. He did okay. He didn't play good enough to win, but did really well all things being equal.

Defense played awesome.

Arian played awesome.

Too many dropped passes. This killed us. I don't think a rookie qb has any chance in a playoff game if his receivers are gonna drop passes. Those guys needed to help out, and they really didn't.

In the end, we just made too many mistakes. And if you take into account we had four tournovers and they had none, we really beat their butts.

I am just sick. I didn't think we had a chance. But once we were were in position to win and we didn't, it made it that much worse for me.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I am so mad. Not because Balt beat us, but because we lost to ourselves. Here are my notes.

Jacoby Jones played horrible. Killed our momentum with the fumble, not to mention he spotted them seven points. And he cost us field position in a game where it was crucial. He is in my opinion the biggest reason we lost.

Yates played real well, considering. He had to go play an awesome defense in a stadium that was loud as hell. He was having trouble hearing, and that would be really tough. I don't think the stat sheet tells the story. It makes him look like the reason we lost, but he really wasn't. He did okay. He didn't play good enough to win, but did really well all things being equal.

Defense played awesome.

Arian played awesome.

Too many dropped passes. This killed us. I don't think a rookie qb has any chance in a playoff game if his receivers are gonna drop passes. Those guys needed to help out, and they really didn't.

In the end, we just made too many mistakes. And if you take into account we had four tournovers and they had none, we really beat their butts.

I am just sick. I didn't think we had a chance. But once we were were in position to win and we didn't, it made it that much worse for me.
I thought Yates played awful. He should have at least 7 INT's on the stat sheet if Lewis, Reed, and Webb would have caught balls thrown right in their hands. His mindset pre-snap was "okay, even if AJ is triple teamed I am still going to throw it his way." Oh, and why wasn't Andre anywhere near that hail marry at the end? Did anyone else see the ball hit Walters on the shoulder pads as well? If he would have turned around he could have caught it.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I thought Yates played awful. He should have at least 7 INT's on the stat sheet if Lewis, Reed, and Webb would have caught balls thrown right in their hands. His mindset pre-snap was "okay, even if AJ is triple teamed I am still going to throw it his way." Oh, and why wasn't Andre anywhere near that hail marry at the end? Did anyone else see the ball hit Walters on the shoulder pads as well? If he would have turned around he could have caught it.
I thought it hit his arm... But not sure why Yates went for the hail marry there all we needed was 2 yards there, and then spike the ball.

I was very against us resigning Jacoby in the off season. I have been trying to think of a time this year that he has really helped this team out and i cant come up with anything. Its time for him and Walter to go. We need a true number 2 WR.

JJ Watt and Foster were AMAZING!!! It really sucks that Watt wont get the DROY cause he really deserves it. Foster is the best RB in the league and he proved it yesterday. He has to be resigned!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think we should go after Manning since it seems like a sure bet that the Colts are going to let him go.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone think we should go after Manning since it seems like a sure bet that the Colts are going to let him go.
You're relegating Schaub to a backup for the next couple of years if you do. If it translates to a Super Bowl then go for it.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
If we had a healthy Schaub we would be playing this weekend... No way we give up Schaub for Manning.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

IMO off season priorities.

1. Lock up Foster. I know he is a restricted FA but if someone signs him to an offer sheet with a deal that is front loaded then we would be screwed because of our cap situation.

2. Resign Chris Myers and Mike Brisiel. The O line was amazing this year, cant let either of these guys walk. When Brisiel was out, the line was not as good.

3. Get a "true" number 2 WR. No cap money so probably looking at the draft on this one.

I know that i didnt put Mario on there. Mario has never had a healty season, so why should we believe he will now. Resigning Mario limits anything else we can do this offseason. I am ok with letting him walk.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with your reasoning on Mario. He is expensive. But at the same time I hate to lose a pass rusher. Seems like the good teams keep them around. So if we can keep him, I think we should.

A second wide out is a must. When AJ is not in there, all Schaub does is throw to the TE. We lose down field ability. I think we have to get a WO. And this is a good year for that.

I agree with the line. They were good.

If Mario will give a home town discount, I think he needs to be signed.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Yeah I agree I would love to see Mario stay, I just dont think its going to happen. And would hate to lose out on Myers or Brisiel because there is a big drop off behind them in the depth chart.

If we do lose Mario to another team I would hate to face him.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I watched the combine today and made some notes. I was surprised about several things. These notes are only on wideouts, because all things being equal, that is what I want the Texicans to draft.

Guys that really impressed me. I will give some quick stats for those that didn't watch.

Obviously Stephen Hill. 6'4 tall 215 lbs. 4.36 forty yard dash. 9 3/8 hands 14 reps. This guy surprised everyone with his forty time. I had not considered him at all because he only caught 28 balls. After seeing him run such a fast time, I went back and noticed he averaged over 29 yards per catch. I plan on watching as much tape on him as I can find. And his drills were really good.

Michael Floyd. 6'3 tall 224 lbs. 4.47 forty yard dash. 9 3/8 hands. 16 reps. I loved Floyd before the combine, but this solidified him for me. His measurables were great, but what stood out to me was his drills. The guy caught everything, and I loved his route running. He totally has me sold. I know he has off the field issues, but I am not totally sure what they are yet. I will have to look into them as best I can, but as far as football ability, I am completely sold. This guy really plucks the ball out of the air.

Devon Wylie. 5'9 185 lbs. 4.37 forty yard dash. 9.5 hands. 17 reps.
I had no knowledge of this guy, but he absolutely jumped out at me. He looked like he tried really hard in drills, and I liked everything about him. I can totally see him turning into a Wes Welker type guy. You could tell he had really large hands for his size, compared to the other receivers. This is a guy I would really like to see them take. And again, this guy also seemed to pluck the ball out of the air and make catches away from his body. I was surprised Scott Wright didn't mention him on his blog about the WR's.

Now for two guys that I am out on.

Blackmon. I know he probably wont be there anyway, but I was shocked at his drills. His route running didn't look crisp to me at all. He didn't seem to be any better than anyone else in drills. I know he is injured, but he didn't impress me at all.

One guy that I have been looking at for a while was Streeter our of Miami. The guy has all the measurables you want. But his drills totally turned me off. He seems to not be as interested as most of the guys he is going up against. I think he has a lot of quit in him. As much as I was looking forward to watching his combine, I was totally disappointed.

There you go. Feel free to blow me up.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be ecstatic if we landed Floyd.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

As I tried to find negatives about Floyd, the only thing I have seen so far is three arrests for Alcohol charges. Do any of you guys know if there is other stuff?

While that is not a good thing, it is certainly not enough to turn me off of him. Floyd looked good. Any of you that didn't watch his combine but hope the Texans draft a wide out, I would recommend you go watch it for yourself.

Also, I found some videos on the net on Wylie. I really like him now, because he showed as much vigor at the combine as he did on his highlight tapes. Looks like he was a gunner on punt coverage and a wedge buster on kickoffs, too. If you guys will take a look at him and tell me what you think, I would appreciate it. I bet it will be hard for you to not like him if you give him a look.

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 02-27-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Seriously though, there aren't many college students who don't drink underage. These are football players. I think this is the worst of the kind of character concerns you can see. I've actually talked to Michael Floyd before and he's a very cool, genuine guy. He likes to have a good time like the rest of us.

If we don't land him though, I'd be gunning for Dontario Poe, the NT out of Memphis. He's blowing up the combine right now.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I didn't know if that was all Floyd had on him. I don't care about the alcohol stuff either, but I was just saying that it wasn't ideal to have them on your record. I would like to know if there are, in fact, other bad things on him. I have read several times about his checkered past. That is why I was asking, because it doesn't seem like it is that checkered to me.

He probably won't last until the Texans draft anyway.

As far as Poe goes, he is blowing it up. I just don't think DL is as big a need as WO.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Where is datchapin? We need more people on here. Its draft time for goodness sake.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Datchapin is a legend. He only voices his thoughts at the most important times. He broke up with his girlfriend because she wasn't a Texans fan for Christ's sake.