Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Already mentioned loving the Kendall Wright pick but I just realized something...

I'd be willing to be that Harbaalke would pull the trigger on Peter Konz with him still there.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
59. New Orleans Saints – Audie Cole LB/NC State
Cole is such a solid player and if the Saints keep a 4-3, he can move to the outside where they need him. Even in a 3-4, Cole could be a Sean Lee type of player.

I think if the saints switch to the 34, which i think they will the pick would be hightower or maybe bruce irvin (although i think we have the OLBs with Wilson and Galette) if we hold on to the 43 im okay

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin

Last edited by wicket : 01-16-2012 at 11:45 AM.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks guys. Obviously a lot to be determined yet in terms of stock, but I think this can give a fair idea of some values right now (and I'm sure there are guys I am missing)

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerel Worthy is pretty god value at the bottom of round one but if they address the defensive line I would prefer to see a guy who is more of a penetrator than space eater...Irvin is solid choice in round two

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of the picks aside from the first one are good for New England. Fletcher Cox is a one-gap player with a poor anchor and no leverage or balance. He can't defend himself against double teams. Very questionable fit for New England's defense.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets have enough needs that hopefully they don't have to reach a bit in the first because they should be able to find a good value, but Upshaw does make sense. I like the Polk pick too, think he's a good value and a great fit. Obviously S, OL, and WR need to be addressed as well among other spots, but you can only hit 2 positions in a 2 rounder and I do like what you did.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about the Ravens pick.

Ray Lewis has hinted that he will be back next year but that doesn't relieve the need at the position and if the heir apparent could get in with Ray still playing, it would be great so I'm tempted to say Burfict at that spot.

Also Mike Adams is probably a larger net gain on the OL than Konz. Konz is a great player but Birk may be back next season to finish out his career in Baltimore. Meanwhile, McKinnie is a serious problem at LT.

I understand giving us Hightower but I will again say that he really doesn't so much fit the role of a replacement for Ray as adding some depth for McClain and Ellerbe, even if he starts over them he really would not fit the role we need him to as a replacement to Ray.

I would say a better draft might be Mike Adams/Vontaze Burfict (probably Taze as much as I love Adams) and possibly Brewster in the 2nd where he could develop a bit behind Birk before starting.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
All of the picks aside from the first one are good for New England. Fletcher Cox is a one-gap player with a poor anchor and no leverage or balance. He can't defend himself against double teams. Very questionable fit for New England's defense.
Haven't seen a lot of Cox. I think the Pats go back to the 3-4. If Devon Still starts to slide to 20. I hope Belichick is on the phone to nab him. Moved up a little to get Ty Warren. I think Still could be a Warren type player. If I knew I could get Vinny Curry in the 2nd, I'd go with Minnifield. Make the McCourty to FS move permanent.

Not a Dolphin fan Shane. But, if you're not high on a kid. You don't select him at 8! Give them Upshaw if they want an olb, or if they want to get pressure from DL. Some think Coples makes for a good 3-4 end. I think they will go WR to help their qb. Michael Floyd.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm actually going to go against you on this one a little bit. I don't think two gapping is something Cox will ever be good at, but he has the strength and length to do it if he were to be asked to. No one will ever confuse him with Richard Seymour, but unless we're able to get Brockers(unfortunately, he'll go much higher than we're picking...as will any guys like him in the future) we're just going to end up with off brand guys who won't ever be above average players. Athleticism along the defensive line is a pretty glaring deficiency for us. I would take a bit of a chance and a little bit of work to find a way to work Cox into our system to add some athletic ability.

I think the entire hybrid thing is here to stay for the most part. At least for the next few years. I still need to do some more work on Cox, but I don't think he would get completely exposed if he was asked to take on the occasional double team.

I'm not a big fan of Ingram though. Versatility is great, but I think South Carolina hides some of his limitations when they move him around the way they do. I can see the selling points for him...but I'm just not convinced. I'm interested to see how he does in the Senior Bowl for sure though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mercilus is a solid pick, and I like Charles a lot but im not sure he adds anything that Charles Clay doesnt. Id like to hear what you think about that.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Seahawks are not going to reach on a cornerback with character issues with their first round pick. They already have playmakers in the secondary. Obviously two of the best young safeties in the NFL, and at corner Richard Sherman looks like a draft steal, and CFL free agent Brandon Browner led the league in pass defenses, and picked off 6 passes and returned them for 220 yards and a couple of TDs. I just cannot see the Seahawks picking Janoris Jenkins after the way our secondary played last season. I especially can't see them picking him with Tannehill on the board, and wide receiver, middle linebacker and defensive tackle are all bigger needs than a guy who'd probably only be a nickel corner, at least initially. Alshon Jeffrey isn't a favorite of mine, but he, Kendall Wright or Malcolm Floyd would add more to this team than Janoris Jenkins. I don't really trust Sidney Rice's health, so adding a no. 1 wideout is a legitimate draft option. Also Melvin Ingram or Vontaze Burfict I think would fit well. If we were to take a guy with character concerns, he might as well be starting. And I mean, how would you grade the Seahawks draft if they actually drafted Jenkins and Osweiler? Through the first two rounds, that's like a C- draft for me. Not a fan of either player, and like I said, I think there are better players on the board at more needed positions. If they're going to take Osweiler with the second rounder, I don't get why they wouldn't just take the better prospect a round earlier.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm not a big fan of Ingram though. Versatility is great, but I think South Carolina hides some of his limitations when they move him around the way they do. I can see the selling points for him...but I'm just not convinced. I'm interested to see how he does in the Senior Bowl for sure though.
I see a solid, but unspectacular player with Ingram. He had some real flashy plays this year that boosted his stock, but I don't really think he'll be that guy in the NFL. I see him as a guy who coaches will like having on their roster, and will play and start for a long time, but I don't really get the Pro Bowler vibe with him. I'm fine with him getting drafted in the first, but I think the team that drafts him will be getting a real solid D-lineman, but not a "star" player. Kind of an Adalius Thomas, Brandon-Graham type.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Already mentioned loving the Kendall Wright pick but I just realized something...

I'd be willing to be that Harbaalke would pull the trigger on Peter Konz with him still there.
Man, I was just about to post this. If Konz is there at the end of the draft, I think he ends up in SF.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Shane P. Hallam;2827674]If you have constructive criticism, great, but don't whine because the position taken isn't a need (not all teams draft for need,) and try to have an open mind. If you complain about draft order, I neg rep you :) No trades, but kind of projected the typical one.

1. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck QB/Stanford

Seems pretty self-explanatory at this point. The Colts chatter may be gearing up for a Peyton Manning release and new franchise QB.

2. St. Louis Rams – Matt Kalil OT/USC

Trading down is a real possibility here, but the Rams have found out why Saffold wasn’t a first round pick. He’s not a left tackle and they need a stud. Matt Kalil would be it, allow Saffold to go to RT and Jason Smith to get healthy and find a spot.

3. Minnesota Vikings – Morris Claiborne CB/LSU

Absolutely terrible secondary for Minnesota. If Kalil is gone, Claiborne would be a slam dunk with his shut down tendencies. He is right up there with Patrick Peterson as a prospect.

Quote:
Pretty obvious that this is the team most likely to be swamped with trade offers in order to secure RG111. Cannot see how you can have a mock without at least this trade with either Cleveland(they have the most ammunition to move up if they cannot get Flynn), Washington and Miami.
4. Cleveland Browns – Justin Blackmon WR/Oklahoma State

If RGIII is there, I doubt the Browns pass, but a trade is likely to happen IMO. If so, the offense is still the weak point of the Browns. Add Blackmon with Little, I think the Browns offense could really turn around.

Quote:
How, if they cannot get either RG111 or Flynn?
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Trent Richardson RB/Alabama

Depends on the next head coach, but I wonder if they will feel Blount is a “franchise” RB. Richardson is and could be the focal point of an offense that sputtered last year.

6. Washington Redskins – Robert Griffin QB/Baylor

I think they make a move to go up and get him to 2 or 3, but the Redskins would be an ideal fit for RGIII. Biggest need, and the Redskins aren’t that far off from being successful.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Dre Kirkpatrick CB/Alabama

With Blackmon gone, I think Gene Smith would move to CB where Dre Kirkpatrick is the best available. His physical play could bring injuries, but Kirkpatrick is moving up and fits in the top ten right now.

8. Miami Dolphins – Whitney Mercilus LB/Illinois

Not a huge Mercilus fan, but I can see him standing up and fitting into the Dolphins defense opposite Cam Wake. Insanely productive this year with good explosion off the step, a piece the Fins are lacking on defense.

9. Carolina Panthers* - Michael Brockers DT/LSU

They spend two third round picks on defensive tackles last year, so I am sketchy about this, but it is a tough spot with their needs and what is on the board. Brockers is pretty raw himself but a nice blend of athletic ability and towering strength could allow him to be a permanent starter for the Panthers.

Quote:
I absolutely love this guy. I won't be shocked if he goes top 5 after his combine performance.
10. Buffalo Bills – Riley Reiff OT/Iowa

As well as they played early in the season, the Bills offensive line went way downhill late. After paying Fitzpatrick, he needs protected. Reiff a safe option who can play numerous spots around the line.

11. Kansas City Chiefs* - David DeCastro OG/Stanford

After losing Waters, the Chiefs could use a franchise left guard to keep the offensive cog running. DeCastro is the best to come in a decade and well worth a top 15 pick.

12. Seattle Seahawks* - Janoris Jenkins CB/North Alabama

I don’t love Jenkins this high. Heck, he could easily fall to the second round. Corners do seem to be in demand and with top notch workouts, a team like Seattle may look the other way and try to bring in a big time playmaker for the secondary.

13. Arizona Cardinals – Jonathan Martin OT/Stanford

The biggest crux of the Arizona Cardinals has been the offensive line. An upside left tackle like Martin would fit perfectly, but there HAS to be top coaching to get him to reach that potential. Arizona could fall short of that goal.

14. Dallas Cowboys – Mark Barron S/Alabama

A tad high for Barron but it is a huge need. No corner worth the pick here and Barron has shown enough polish this year to start from Day One for the Dallas Cowboys.

15. Philadelphia Eagles – Luke Kuechly LB/Boston College

Eagles LB’s are their weakness. Though Reid doesn’t draft them early, there is a first time for everything. Kuechly would bring leadership and solidify a weakness in a team that was getting hot toward the end of the season.

16. New York Jets – Courtney Upshaw LB/Alabama

Maybe a bit high, but I can see the Jets adding a pass rusher very early. Upshaw doesn’t bring much upside, but the tenacity he brings to the table is exactly what the Jets team needs.

Quote:
I know you gave them a RB in round 2 but I'm not sure they can wait although I absolutely love this guy.
17. Cincinnati Bengals (f/ OAK) – Alfonzo Dennard CB/Nebraska

This is high for Dennard, but with Leon Hall already locked into the #1 corner spot, Dennard as a #2 makes a lot of sense over Jenkins or Gilmore.

18. San Diego Chargers – Nick Perry LB/USC

Nick Perry is an AJ Smith type of pick. Underclassman who has a lot of work to do to fit into their defense. The pass rush for the Chargers was pretty horrible in blitzing the passer, Perry could help fix that.

19. Chicago Bears – Alshon Jeffery WR/South Carolina

I wonder where Alshon ultimately goes, but in terms of body type, he is likely what the Bears will try to bring in. If Jeffery plays up to his potential, he is a true #1 NFL WR, especially with a QB like Jay Cutler.

Quote:
I wonder too but I just don't see round 1 for another Spurrier WR. GM's have long memories.
20. Tennessee Titans – Cordy Glenn OG/Georgia

The Titans don’t have any glaring holes, but a versatile lineman like Glenn could be utilized by Munchak. He can play LG and RG and at worst will be a stud back-up.

Quote:
Not a lover of fat OLmen. Unless he shows up at the Combine in the
330's, I cannot see a GM taking him in round 1.
21. Cincinnati Bengals – Quinton Coples DE/North Carolina

Is Coples a top 20 pick? He may not be come April. Could be a real steal for the Bengals at 21 if he falls and gives them more rotational options at DE.

22. Cleveland Browns (f/ ATL) – Ryan Tannehill QB/Texas A&M

Will the broken foot cripple his stock? It may not with high demand for a QB. If the Browns don’t go out and get Matt Flynn, developing Tannehill is a nice option for a late 1st rounder.

Quote:
I cannot see this pick, it has to be Flynn or RG111 or their stadium will have a lot of empty seats.
23. Detroit Lions – Zach Brown LB/North Carolina

I actually love this fit. If Cliff Avril is gone, Brown adds a linebacker with the athleticism to rush the passer but still fill a hole.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Dontari Poe DT/Memphis

With Casey Hampton and Chris Hoke both potentially on new teams next year, the Steelers are all out of luck at nose tackle. Poe gives an athletic option that fits Lebeau’s defense.

25. Denver Broncos – Devon Still DT/Penn State

Still could go much higher than this, but a real steal for the Broncos if he falls to 25. Was consistent this year and upgrades an interior D for pass rushing that desperately needs it.

26. Houston Texans – Michael Floyd WR/Notre Dame

Will some off the field issues drop him? If it does, the Texans would likely scoop Floyd up. A big, fast option who will be one of the best run blockers on the team to spring Arian Foster. Sky is the limit for the Texans offense.

27. New England Patriots (f/ NO) – Fletcher Cox DE/Mississippi State

With the way the Patriots switch around their defensive personnel and scheme, Fletcher Cox can do it all. Fits as a run stuffing DT or 5-tech with some athleticism.

28. Green Bay Packers – Jerel Worthy DE/Michigan State

Worthy should be a first round pick as he is the best defensive lineman off the snap in this draft. Inconsistency could lower him down, but the Packers may snatch him up as a Cullen Jenkins replacement.

29. San Francisco 49ers – Kendall Wright WR/Baylor

Wright may not have the size, but he has the speed, hands, and football IQ to be a top NFL WR. As San Fran gets younger on O, Wright adds a new dynamic for them.

30. Baltimore Ravens – Peter Konz C/Wisconsin

Solid interior line prospect who can play center or guard. Fits the Ravens M.O. on the offensive line and with no left tackle worth a pick here, Konz makes sense.

31. New England Patriots – Melvin Ingram LB/South Carolina

If the Patriots actually keep this pick, a pass rusher like Melvin Ingram could be intriguing. He can put his hand down as a base rusher or stand up at linebacker when needed.

32. New York Giants – Vontaze Burfict LB/Arizona State

Burfict could fall this far and the Giants could reap the benefits if they can reel him in. With the pass rush in front of him, Burfict would have huge potential

Very decent draft with a lot of reasonable risks. However, it has to be Flynn or RG111 for Cleveland and a trade up with Minny likely for somebody, so why not include it to make it more lifelike.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 01-17-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
4. Cleveland Browns – Justin Blackmon WR/Oklahoma State

If RGIII is there, I doubt the Browns pass, but a trade is likely to happen IMO. If so, the offense is still the weak point of the Browns. Add Blackmon with Little, I think the Browns offense could really turn around.

Quote:
How, if they cannot get either RG111 or Flynn?
Both Blackmon and Little are guys who can run really well after the catch, so even if they still have Colt McCoy throwing it to them, I think they'll be able to do some damage. Both Little and Blackmon are receivers who are capable of physically dominating cornerbacks, so despite McCoy's shortcomings, having two guys who profile as big, strong no. 1 wideouts will cause problems for defenses, especially if they can bring in a solid runner in the second or third (LaMar Miller, Doug Martin or Chris Polk would add a lot) or if Peyton Hillis can rebound. If that running game can get back to the way it was last year, having that pair of wideouts would change the whole dynamic of the offense. Having one guy is nice, but defenses can double-cover and gameplan for it. Having two guys defenses have to think about double-covering? Now you're talking about having Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. I'm still of the opinion that Colt McCoy can succeed. Not saying he will, but I've never been one of the guys who ragged on him. He's got a good feel for the game, and we all know he's an accurate passer. Still think he's kind of like a young Jeff Garcia. I'd be really interested to see what he can do with an added playmaker like Blackmon. I think it's in the Brown's best interest to draft a guy like that and see what Colt can do for one more year before drafting a QB in the first round. He's still young and developing, and with Peyton Hillis' bad year that whole offense was just out of sync.

Quote:
22. Cleveland Browns (f/ ATL) – Ryan Tannehill QB/Texas A&M

Will the broken foot cripple his stock? It may not with high demand for a QB. If the Browns don’t go out and get Matt Flynn, developing Tannehill is a nice option for a late 1st rounder.

Quote:
I cannot see this pick, it has to be Flynn or RG111 or their stadium will have a lot of empty seats.
I think Flynn actually could be a really nice addition to the Browns, but I don't think Griffin is the best fit for that offense, and I don't think he's much superior to Tannehill in this case, if at all. Bringing in Flynn would pretty much mean they're done with McCoy, of course, and I've already said I think they ought to give McCoy one more season to develop. But they're not going to make or break their season based on whether or not they replace McCoy, especially with Griffin or Tannehill, both guys who I expect will have a bit of a learning curve.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Both Blackmon and Little are guys who can run really well after the catch, so even if they still have Colt McCoy throwing it to them, I think they'll be able to do some damage. Both Little and Blackmon are receivers who are capable of physically dominating cornerbacks, so despite McCoy's shortcomings, having two guys who profile as big, strong no. 1 wideouts will cause problems for defenses, especially if they can bring in a solid runner in the second or third (LaMar Miller, Doug Martin or Chris Polk would add a lot) or if Peyton Hillis can rebound. If that running game can get back to the way it was last year, having that pair of wideouts would change the whole dynamic of the offense. Having one guy is nice, but defenses can double-cover and gameplan for it. Having two guys defenses have to think about double-covering? Now you're talking about having Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. I'm still of the opinion that Colt McCoy can succeed. Not saying he will, but I've never been one of the guys who ragged on him. He's got a good feel for the game, and we all know he's an accurate passer. Still think he's kind of like a young Jeff Garcia. I'd be really interested to see what he can do with an added playmaker like Blackmon. I think it's in the Brown's best interest to draft a guy like that and see what Colt can do for one more year before drafting a QB in the first round. He's still young and developing, and with Peyton Hillis' bad year that whole offense was just out of sync.

Quote:
Well Blackmon certainly has #1 WR written all over him but it is quite a stretch to say Little carries that title as well.
Your faith in McCoy may be right as far as Holmgren is concerned, we'll know by draft time if the Browns still consider him starter material by what they do in the draft and in acquiring Flynn. If they go after a QB in either case, you'll know they have zero faith in McCoy.
We disagree about RG111 as a prospect, so again we will have to wait till the draft to see who is right.

I think Flynn actually could be a really nice addition to the Browns, but I don't think Griffin is the best fit for that offense, and I don't think he's much superior to Tannehill in this case, if at all. Bringing in Flynn would pretty much mean they're done with McCoy, of course, and I've already said I think they ought to give McCoy one more season to develop. But they're not going to make or break their season based on whether or not they replace McCoy, especially with Griffin or Tannehill, both guys who I expect will have a bit of a learning curve.
See above, I don't think Tannehill is anywhere near the prospect RG111 is and with a broken foot, he won't be able to prove prior to the draft that he is even worth a 1st round pick.

The trouble for the Browns is that their fan base is getting pretty upset with drafting top 5 and top 10 while showing zero improvement. 4-12 just doesn't excite a fan base and the owner will be looking at his GM and Holmgren to keep a full stadium, so both will be under a lot of pressure to find a QB who will give the fan base some hope.

IMO, if they stick with McCoy, he had better deliver or both people could lose their jobs and not too many GM's/Presidents are willing to stake their careers on suck a move, so acquiring either RG111 or Flynn is almost a certainty IMO.

Just have to wait and see.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please give the Packers Ingram over Worthy in the 1st. I would be really happy if Crick fell to the Packers in the 2nd.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Kalil gone, Claiborne and a LT in round 2 is perfect for the Vikes.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
akvikefan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
59. New Orleans Saints – Audie Cole LB/NC State
Cole is such a solid player and if the Saints keep a 4-3, he can move to the outside where they need him. Even in a 3-4, Cole could be a Sean Lee type of player.
Me likes.................
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't complain at all....I love Floyd in round 1 but Upshaw addresses a big time need and I am a huge Polk fan in round 2.

Good stuff for the Jets.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the second round, but in the first round I'd prefer Peter Konz and Taze. Spikes is great when he's healthy and not suspended but I just don't trust him off the field and sometimes he looks more like a compiler than a playmaker. We already have that in Jerod Mayo. Taze could be that missing piece, or at least one of them.I actually like Fletcher Cox, but I just don't like him enough to pick him ahead of Konz, who could be the last piece on our newly rebuild OL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Phins827
Rookie

Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'd be happy if this was the Pats draft.
Grab a safety in the 3rd and it'd be great.

As for the Dolphins... is K.Misi not doing well? I thought he was but didn't keep up with the Dolphins that in depth.
Koa Misi is very solid against the run, but offers little as a pass rusher. Rumor is we will be giving him looks at ILB this offseason.

As for the draft, I absolutely LOVE the 1st rounder. If we cant land RG3, Mercilus is one of my next top picks. I dont agree with the 2nd rounder, though. Fasano has been solid, and rookie Charles Clay has shown great potential. Don't pay attention to the fact that hes listed as a FB, he doesn't play it. Depending on how FA goes for us, I wouldnt mind a RT or RG. DL may be a need with Langford and Soliai both having expiring contracts.

But, man you got me drooling with that 1st pick, so I can't complain too much.
Phins827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id be going nuts with konz, taze, poe sitting there in round 1

but round 2 id be so mad with a Pierce over Crick, Hightower, boykin, and Osemele...one of them would have to be the pick
Old 01-23-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
I Am Rodgers
Rookie

I Am Rodgers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not bad for the Packers Shane, but I'm not sure if Irvin fits what the Packers want. May be a bit too small opposite Clay. I think Curry would be the better choice of the two. I see Irvin either weighing in at the combine at 235 or so, or weighing 245 and not looking like the weight belongs on him.
I Am Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote