Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-13-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#1 over even Blackmon, eh? I don't know about that...but if he could potentially push some other receivers down a bit to where the Bears would have a shot, I'll take it.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
#1 over even Blackmon, eh? I don't know about that...but if he could potentially push some other receivers down a bit to where the Bears would have a shot, I'll take it.
Or they could just draft him. He's just the type of WR they need!
;)
Old 01-14-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams will end up taking this guy #2 overall. It'll be like Donnie Avery over Desean Jackson all over again.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Cruz has 1" - 2" and 20lbs on those other 2.
I am telling you right now that Cruz is most likely 5'10 1/2'' and maybe 190-195. He is not 6'1'' unless he grew 2 inches from his pro day.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:13 AM    (permalink
DrAbaddon
Rookie

DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Cruz was 5'11 7/8" and 205 at his pro day, just throwing that out there...I would link it but I'm guessing that's not looked kindly upon around here?
DrAbaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:27 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Harvin is very similar to Harvin.
No kidding... :-P

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:28 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I am telling you right now that Cruz is most likely 5'10 1/2'' and maybe 190-195. He is not 6'1'' unless he grew 2 inches from his pro day.
Well...guess he grew an inch since you told him right then cause he's about 6 feet, give or take a quarter of an inch.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:38 AM    (permalink
DrAbaddon
Rookie

DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
No kidding... :-P
I really wanted to point this out...maybe when I'm an icon. Good ol' reflexive property.
DrAbaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:47 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is an insanely deep WR class, rich in big, physical types. KW is the only real burner with solid intangibles and secondary skills. I think the point about Victor Cruz is well taken, as is the one about the FA list. That being said, Blackmon is my first choice.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR is a position where their combine performance determines their rankings. 40 time will be crucial in their rankings and Wright should time somewhere in the 4.3's.

Because he is only 5'10", he likely will be the 3rd WR off the board but if Blackmon or Floyd time poorly, he could move up. I don't think it will happen as I expect both to time reasonably well but you never know.

His game still needs a lot of work because he is unpolished as a route runner but his speed could still get him easily into round 1.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
He should be thanking RG3 big time, because Blackmon, Floyd and Jeffrey are better talents.
vice versa. He MADE RG3. RG3 is so overrated on the net and in scouting circles its not even funny anymore.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
vice versa. He MADE RG3. RG3 is so overrated on the net and in scouting circles its not even funny anymore.
I agree that Wright is solid, #3 on my list but completely disagree on RG111. Solid NFL QB prospect just behind Luck in talent.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAbaddon View Post
Cruz was 5'11 7/8" and 205 at his pro day, just throwing that out there...I would link it but I'm guessing that's not looked kindly upon around here?
Thanks.

My point is that Cruz isn't "small". He's just short. Have you seen the guns and thighs on this guy?
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Oh... ok... Disagree 100%.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure if you're serious but i'll take your word on it. I actually liked Newton better than Griffin.

On a sidenote i hope Wright's stock isnt on fire because of the Washington game, you cant really judge anything from playing JV defenses.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How so? I mean he's earned this hype.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Kendall Wright is my number one right now. I just think he's got the highest floor. I know that sounds odd, since he is undersized compared to traditional NFL WRs, but it's just hard for me to see how he could be a complete bust. With Blackmon and Floyd, I can see this as a possibility. I'm not saying they are likely to bust or anything, but they both seem a bit overrated to me. Wright will at least be a great slot WR. Is that worth a first rounder? Probably not, but I think he'll be much more than that. Great slot guy is his floor, IMO, and his upside is to be a number one receiver. I think he's a VERY safe pick.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I pray Chicago gets Michael Floyd.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do we have three people called Abaddon on this site?

On topic: I like Wright. It's unfair to call him a product of RGIII. I think he'll be a legit burner at the NFL level, ala Mike Wallace.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not a poor man's Kendall Wright? Why take Wright in the first when you can grab a kid like Joe Adams in the 3rd?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobertchin View Post
Kendall Wright is my number one right now. I just think he's got the highest floor. I know that sounds odd, since he is undersized compared to traditional NFL WRs, but it's just hard for me to see how he could be a complete bust. With Blackmon and Floyd, I can see this as a possibility. I'm not saying they are likely to bust or anything, but they both seem a bit overrated to me. Wright will at least be a great slot WR. Is that worth a first rounder? Probably not, but I think he'll be much more than that. Great slot guy is his floor, IMO, and his upside is to be a number one receiver. I think he's a VERY safe pick.
I don't agree with this logic at all.

Blackmon and Floyd bring size (especially in Floyd's case) and more talent. Eddie Royal was a great slot guy in this first year, but it was never a doubt to anyone that Brandon Marshall was better. BMar definitely isn't comparable to Blackmon or Floyd, but a quick small slot receiver is no sure thing. Remember, Marshall is the guy with the major character concerns, and he gets it done every week.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I get what you are saying. My point is that I think Wright can play any WR position, because he plays bigger than his size while still having the versatility to play inside. So he would have a chance to help a team out right away, if only as a slot guy until he got better adjusted to the pro game.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'more talent' in this context. They are bigger, but you are separating that from talent. I'm not sure how. Could you elaborate on why you think those guys are more talented than Wright?
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't agree with this logic at all.

Blackmon and Floyd bring size (especially in Floyd's case) and more talent. Eddie Royal was a great slot guy in this first year, but it was never a doubt to anyone that Brandon Marshall was better. BMar definitely isn't comparable to Blackmon or Floyd, but a quick small slot receiver is no sure thing. Remember, Marshall is the guy with the major character concerns, and he gets it done every week.

That's just one comparison that doesn't really do much for the argument at hand. Would you rather have Antonio Brown or Malcolm Kelly? How about James Hardy? Last time I checked a big tall, athletic WR is no sure thing either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's just one comparison that doesn't really do much for the argument at hand. Would you rather have Antonio Brown or Malcolm Kelly? How about James Hardy? Last time I checked a big tall, athletic WR is no sure thing either.
I'm a Redskins fan. Kelly could be a #1 to this day if he wasn't injured 80% of the time, he has no hamstrings and we all know that's why he dropped.
A big tall athletic WR is something more teams look for, and essentially end up reaching for. Floyd and Blackmon warrant their draft positions. Kendal Wright does not warrant being taken as the #1 guy.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a Redskins fan. Kelly could be a #1 to this day if he wasn't injured 80% of the time, he has no hamstrings and we all know that's why he dropped.
A big tall athletic WR is something more teams look for, and essentially end up reaching for. Floyd and Blackmon warrant their draft positions. Kendal Wright does not warrant being taken as the #1 guy.

Yea, I'm sure it had nothing to do with him being slow as hell. And even when he was healthy he was below average every time he stepped onto the field. He played in 16 games a few years ago, started more then half. He had plenty of time to show flashes of being a good player, which he never did. He doesn't even have 1 career TD, so no, putting it off on just hamstrings is false.

I disagree in the line of thinkin that more teams are looking for big tall athetic WR's. Your looking for impact players, the best player you can have all around. I don't think there is a huge advantage 1 way or another if you have Brandon Marshall as your #1 or Mike Wallace. Both have advantages over the other, and both have disadvantages to their games, it's not as black and white as just saying everyone would prefer a big tall athletic WR anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote