Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-15-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
I'm feeling us vs the Giants in a rematch.
I hope so. A 20 point win is needed so I can sleep better at night.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens are tough, but Tom Brady won't have the problems Yates did with Ed Reed. That defense isn't the mythical force it's been in the past. The Pats can move the ball and score on them. The trick is not allowing the Ravens to do what they need to do on offense to give themselves a chance against the Pats. D needs to step up huge next week.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Ravens are tough, but Tom Brady won't have the problems Yates did with Ed Reed. That defense isn't the mythical force it's been in the past. The Pats can move the ball and score on them. The trick is not allowing the Ravens to do what they need to do on offense to give themselves a chance against the Pats. D needs to step up huge next week.
Right I think we score 30+ on these guys. I do think our defense can hold them under that.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't an easy game. At all. The Ravens have already proved that they're more than capable of taking us out in a big game. We're a different team and so are they, but we're still a flawed one and the Ravens have the personnel and a coaching staff that is more than capable of exploiting that.

Offensive line play will be huge, again. They played absolutely fantastic against Denver, but the Ravens defensive front is just another animal entirely. They've got the ability to collapse the pocket in addition to bringing edge pressure with Suggs. That's not even getting into the fact that they can bring it from the second level a little bit too. There's just a whole lot more to account for than there was against Denver. Ngata can wreck an entire offensive line by himself if you let him. Suggs can do the same...and make a quarterback pay in a hurry. But beyond even containing the pass rush and giving Brady time to survey the field, it's really important to win the the battle at the line without any extra help. Gronk is a real asset to have as a blocker, but every snap we use him there we lose our best match-up in the passing game. Even worse, having him stick in and help out blocking makes Hernandez far less effective. It's imperative for the line to settle in early(something they were able to do against Denver, but not in a lot of regular season games) and set the tone. Like any good defense, the Ravens play much better if they smell blood.

The Texans were able to run the ball a on them, but I think that has more to do with how well they scheme to do that, offensive line play, and just a dash of Arian Foster being great. We should look to establish it as a presence and maybe try to hit a big play against a good look with Ridley or Hernandez, but I don't anticipate it being as much of a factor as it was for the Texans or to rush for 146 like we did last week. Not with our stable of backs and their linebackers(and Bernard Pollard).

Their secondary can play as well. Webb has really turned into a very good corner and had a Pro Bowl type year. Jimmy Smith has been burned a few times this year, but I've seen him do some very nice things as well....and then there's Ed Reed. We might have caught a break with him hobbling a little bit at the end of that one, but there's just no denying that the guy is one of the best players to ever play the game at his position. Even if he's injured and we prepare well for him, he well could make a play that chances the game. He's just that kind of guy.

So it's really strength vs. strength there. We're completely capable of winning this game, but we really have to play our absolute best football of the season. We played better than we had all year against Denver, but it's time to see if we can do that against one of the elite teams in the NFL(and not to mention win against a team with a winning record, something that's eluded us this season). It will be a tough task flipping the switch after getting over our playoff drought and get focused on the toughest test we've had on the year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While the Texans may have one of the best offensive lines, the Ravens got 0 sacks and only two pressures on Yates yesterday. The Ravens pass rush did not look very scary what so ever and if they come out like that against us I think we could have another big game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know your defense hasn't been stellar all year, but Cam Cameron is going to give you guys this game. Dude loves to think 40 yard bombs to Anquan Boldin is a great idea.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I know your defense hasn't been stellar all year, but Cam Cameron is going to give you guys this game. Dude loves to think 40 yard bombs to Anquan Boldin is a great idea.
Sadly it will most likely work.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I'd love to believe that I don't. I think this game is very winnable if we show up on both sides of the ball. But with this defense some of those 40 yard bombs will actually be completions, thus putting more pressure on the offense to put up points. I think this is going to be a very close game that can go either way, but I'm leaning towards a Pats victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just heard this on sports radio... Pats are allowing an avg of 18ppg over the last 9 games

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This upcoming game is pretty nerve-wracking; easily New England's toughest matchup so far this year aside from maybe the Giants earlier in the season.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
While the Texans may have one of the best offensive lines, the Ravens got 0 sacks and only two pressures on Yates yesterday. The Ravens pass rush did not look very scary what so ever and if they come out like that against us I think we could have another big game.
While this is true, I don't think you can go into the week thinking that they're going to play at the same level. They certainly didn't finish the year tied for third in the NFL in sacks by playing the way they did yesterday.

Statistics don't tell the whole story, but they certainly provide an excellent frame of reference with regards to how the past few match ups between these two teams have gone. Just look at Brady's numbers.

23/42 for 154 yards, 2 touchdowns/3 interceptions, 49.1 QB Rating, 14 Points scored. We only had one drive in excess of 30 yards on the day too.

27/44, for 292 yards, 1 touchdown, 2 interceptions, 69.5 QB Rating, 23 points scored. Far better, but the Ravens won the game everywhere except on the scoreboard. It required late game heroics by Brady(who did play much better than the number indicated) and an offensive collapse by Baltimore for us to win.

So I'm not sure how anyone feels it's a lock for us to just show up and score 35 points. Baltimore has let all of one team on the year put up those kinds of numbers. They're one of the few teams in the NFL who intercepted more passes than touchdown passes allowed. But beyond the sheer numbers and breaking down their personnel, they're a very well run defense. They come at you with a ton of different looks and never really let you get a ton of pre-snap information. They disguise things well....and usually, they're able to get pressure without sending extra guys. It's really going to be the type of game where we have to scratch and claw to survive. Mistakes in a game like this are inexcusable and deadly.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-16-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent post EE and totally agree. I imagine this is going to be a tense, hard fought game. IMO it's a coin flip, and I would not be a bit surprised to see the Ravens win. My one hope is that bad officiating for or against either team becomes an issue.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
While this is true, I don't think you can go into the week thinking that they're going to play at the same level. They certainly didn't finish the year tied for third in the NFL in sacks by playing the way they did yesterday.

Statistics don't tell the whole story, but they certainly provide an excellent frame of reference with regards to how the past few match ups between these two teams have gone. Just look at Brady's numbers.

23/42 for 154 yards, 2 touchdowns/3 interceptions, 49.1 QB Rating, 14 Points scored. We only had one drive in excess of 30 yards on the day too.

27/44, for 292 yards, 1 touchdown, 2 interceptions, 69.5 QB Rating, 23 points scored. Far better, but the Ravens won the game everywhere except on the scoreboard. It required late game heroics by Brady(who did play much better than the number indicated) and an offensive collapse by Baltimore for us to win.

So I'm not sure how anyone feels it's a lock for us to just show up and score 35 points. Baltimore has let all of one team on the year put up those kinds of numbers. They're one of the few teams in the NFL who intercepted more passes than touchdown passes allowed. But beyond the sheer numbers and breaking down their personnel, they're a very well run defense. They come at you with a ton of different looks and never really let you get a ton of pre-snap information. They disguise things well....and usually, they're able to get pressure without sending extra guys. It's really going to be the type of game where we have to scratch and claw to survive. Mistakes in a game like this are inexcusable and deadly.
Those kind of comparisons are not at all useful to lean on. They were games with different teams/schemes.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-16-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Those kind of comparisons are not at all useful to lean on. They were games with different teams/schemes.
You won't find a team in the NFL that agrees with your line of thinking. Past matchups absolutely matter. The core of the two teams is largely similar to the two teams that met last year in the regular season, with a few guys on both sides taking steps forward/steps back. So the match-ups in the past absolutely matter. It's certifiably asinine to suggest otherwise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-16-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You won't find a team in the NFL that agrees with your line of thinking. Past matchups absolutely matter. The core of the two teams is largely similar to the two teams that met last year in the regular season, with a few guys on both sides taking steps forward/steps back. So the match-ups in the past absolutely matter. It's certifiably asinine to suggest otherwise.
I'm interested to know which NFL team members you know? You may find some trends, but overall I think its all moot. Each game has its own identity each year.

Now if you were looking at a reg season game this year, you're on to something. Maybe even a year ago, but beyond that not so much.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-16-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I'm interested to know which NFL team members you know? You may find some trends, but overall I think its all moot. Each game has its own identity each year.

Now if you were looking at a reg season game this year, you're on to something. Maybe even a year ago, but beyond that not so much.
I'm interested to know how you can ignore the fact that elite teams like Baltimore and New England don't have a whole lot of turnover year to year and tend to play each other similarly. It's ridiculous to suggest that we can't learn anything from the past meetings of these teams.

I'm also interested to find out why you're so anxious to dismiss the results of Baltimore getting our number the past few years, but when we were talking about Pittsburgh and how we've done historically against them you didn't have a problem with it? Didn't see you coming out and saying "different team different year" then.

There's an ignore feature on this site I implore you to use if you just want rah rah ******** and "we'll hang 30 on them bank it!".

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-16-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm interested to know how you can ignore the fact that elite teams like Baltimore and New England don't have a whole lot of turnover year to year and tend to play each other similarly. It's ridiculous to suggest that we can't learn anything from the past meetings of these teams.

I'm also interested to find out why you're so anxious to dismiss the results of Baltimore getting our number the past few years, but when we were talking about Pittsburgh and how we've done historically against them you didn't have a problem with it? Didn't see you coming out and saying "different team different year" then.

There's an ignore feature on this site I implore you to use if you just want rah rah ******** and "we'll hang 30 on them bank it!".
Don't be a douche is the first thing I'll say.

Secondly, I never once said anything about Pittsburgh to justify what you are saying now. I also am trying to be positive and upbeat and spread a positive energy.

You are by far the most negative poster (of your own team) I've seen on the site. Have a little ******* confidence and realize no team in the NFL is perfect.

Could we lose? Sure good chance. I just don't think any game we've played before this one has any bearing on the one at hand. I'll tell you this. Those coaches are looking at BAL vs HOU, BAL vs PIT, BAL vs CLE. Not 2010 BAL vs NE.

It's just ridiculous. Teams evolve, players evolve.

If I had the time I'd love to disect the roster differences as well as the players who have gotten better and worse on each team as well as delve into coaching tendencies and how they evolve over the years but I don't have the time.

Be assured that no one outside of the media with any football brains looks over or considers game tape from years past in judging whats gonna happen on Sunday.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-16-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

To be fair, Baltimore has only had our number once, and that was in that terrible playoff performance with a much much different team. Not to say they haven't played us tough but that was the only time weve lost to them. It's unlikely we'll put up a 30 point blow out against them, but I do think the way players and the media are talking about the way this team is focusing is very encouraging along with the performance we gave the other night. Plus while the Texans defense is very good, if Jones hadn't fumbled at like the five yard line the Texans very well could of beaten the Ravens with a rookie QB who continuously stalled once they moved into Baltimore territory. I just think that yes we should understand it's going to be a tough game but as someone who is a very pessimistic Pats fan we have signs to be encouraged about this game. (trying to argue for both sides to mediate and keep us guys together here haha).

Also I will say I am most likely the most negative fan on here, after the last few years I tend to try to keep my expectations grounded.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

...and obviously, anything can happen.

The results of games aren't completely decided by previous match-ups. There wouldn't be any point in playing them if otherwise. I think we have a strong chance at winning even. Baltimore is a tough team, but they have their share of flaws as well. Games like this where you match a strength against a strength come down to whichever team does the best job with coaching and preparation, in addition to cutting down on mistakes. I'm mostly just pissed off at BradysKnee for responding to everything that isn't "the Patriots are awesome" or undeniable things like the Patriots defense sucks with flawed logic and a lack of perspective. There's a few other examples I could get into, but I would rather discuss Baltimore than anything else.

So turning the page; They've been able to knock us off our game in the past few meetings and not a whole lot has changed. I actually think Chuck Pagano has done a far better job of utilizing the fact that he has amazing personnel than Greg Mattison did. They're stronger in some ways, even if some of those players are getting a little long in the tooth. We're a better offense this year with Gronk having a break out season and becoming one of the best weapons in the NFL, but our defense is significantly worse. We've played a lot of bad teams towards the end of the year that made it look far better than it was. I still feel like we're playing better football on that side of the ball lately, but it will certainly be interesting to see if this hot streak can stay in what figures to be a tight game against one of the better teams in the NFL.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-16-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Don't be a douche is the first thing I'll say.
I don't really think it's douchy to try to piece together relevant information and discuss what it means.

Quote:
Secondly, I never once said anything about Pittsburgh to justify what you are saying now. I also am trying to be positive and upbeat and spread a positive energy.
Sweet, will you take us all out for pizza and ice cream after the game? That's not what we're about here. We're about talking about football and trying to break it down with some substance. There's literally a thousand other homer hives on the internet you can go to if you want to go and read and discuss garbage with a positive spin.

I'm not sure if you said anything or not, but I certainly did. Because it damn well means something. I've seen our players beat their players on a routinely. I'm absolutely putting that into what I think about the game. Didn't see you trying to say anything there. Maybe it's because it was all that positive energy it brought.

That's a fine example actually. Willing to bet the Steelers watched a ton of film on what we did in the past to them and made adjustments from there. I bet there's even quotes, if you look hard enough.

Quote:
You are by far the most negative poster (of your own team) I've seen on the site. Have a little ******* confidence and realize no team in the NFL is perfect.
I'm sorry I bother you with trying to take a realistic take on things as opposed to blindly throwing things out there. If you want sunshine and kittens, by all means use the ignore list. I've said multiple times I think we'll win this game. I'm trying to progress the discussion beyond "oh man 35 points is assured!". What have you done to do that?

Quote:
Be assured that no one outside of the media with any football brains looks over or considers game tape from years past in judging whats gonna happen on Sunday.
Simplifying the rest of it and I could pick apart some more of the stuff leading up to this, but it takes listening to all of three interviews leading up to a game to realize that that's not true. I've heard Brady refer back to looking at film of teams we've played in the past more than once. Shoot, I'm even pretty sure I saw BB putting film on of a game we played against the Ravens before playing the Ravens. You take everything into account. They aren't going to run out and do the same damn thing they did last time, but how aren't you going to look at how your players performed against a similar group if you are trying to do your due diligence? The best way to find out if you think that Welker can get separation on Webb is to take a look at how it's gone in the past directly, if that's an option. You obviously weigh that against what's changed and advances/steps back guys have made, but you can't tell me something like that doesn't have value with a straight face.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-16-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't really think it's douchy to try to piece together relevant information and discuss what it means.

Sweet, will you take us all out for pizza and ice cream after the game? That's not what we're about here. We're about talking about football and trying to break it down with some substance. There's literally a thousand other homer hives on the internet you can go to if you want to go and read and discuss garbage with a positive spin.

I'm not sure if you said anything or not, but I certainly did. Because it damn well means something. I've seen our players beat their players on a routinely. I'm absolutely putting that into what I think about the game. Didn't see you trying to say anything there. Maybe it's because it was all that positive energy it brought.

That's a fine example actually. Willing to bet the Steelers watched a ton of film on what we did in the past to them and made adjustments from there. I bet there's even quotes, if you look hard enough.

I'm sorry I bother you with trying to take a realistic take on things as opposed to blindly throwing things out there. If you want sunshine and kittens, by all means use the ignore list. I've said multiple times I think we'll win this game. I'm trying to progress the discussion beyond "oh man 35 points is assured!". What have you done to do that?

Simplifying the rest of it and I could pick apart some more of the stuff leading up to this, but it takes listening to all of three interviews leading up to a game to realize that that's not true. I've heard Brady refer back to looking at film of teams we've played in the past more than once. Shoot, I'm even pretty sure I saw BB putting film on of a game we played against the Ravens before playing the Ravens. You take everything into account. They aren't going to run out and do the same damn thing they did last time, but how aren't you going to look at how your players performed against a similar group if you are trying to do your due diligence? The best way to find out if you think that Welker can get separation on Webb is to take a look at how it's gone in the past directly, if that's an option. You obviously weigh that against what's changed and advances/steps back guys have made, but you can't tell me something like that doesn't have value with a straight face.
Realism isn't Pessimism.

I think this is a scenario to agree to disagree. As this isn't fact based more opinion based.

I respect you as a poster and fellow fan and now really isn't the time to be arguing. We should be pretty happy to be honest after the last two seasons.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-16-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gronk Smash!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm feeling us vs the Giants in a rematch.
There isn't a worse matchup for the Patriots of the teams remaining.

The Giants have a solid offense with a QB that makes very few mistakes and a running game that can eat the clock with a lead. Their defense can rush 4 and get pressure. Their secondary is a little suspect, but it's hard to find open receivers when you are on the ground with a JPP/Tuck/Osi/etc tramp stamp.

The 49ers and the Ravens both have flaccid offenses at times. I'm really hoping we get a 49ers win on Sunday. They're a nightmare to play outside of NY. They're one team that you'd rather play at home than on the road. Maybe the only team in the NFL like that.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Realism isn't Pessimism.
Neither is going into into it without realizing that we've faced two teams with a winning record on the year and lost to both of them....and despite your insistence that everything that happens in the past and is automatically meaningless, this team has had mixed results against teams that run this sort of defense. We saw it earlier on the year in Dallas, in 2 out of 3 meetings with the Jets last year, in the second game with Dolphins, and with meetings with the Ravens over the past few years. This is a legitimate challenge and one we aren't assured of getting by in.

If you want to call me pessimistic for that, by all means. But you would be ignoring the fact that they match up very well against us and teams with similarities(including, those older Ravens teams) have done had some success against us.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

The two teams with winning records were back to back and early in the season. (during a period where Brady was rumored to have a serious elbow injury as well).

I don't feel there is a great way to judge this team.