Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-15-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Did he give any reason/rationale for the decision? Was it just bad advice from his family/inner-circle? did he get a better than expected projection from the draft advisory board?
I dont necessarily think that it was a bad decision though. Although he's a solid college player, his stock wasn't going to get any higher, and he was only getting older. He's already gotten his degree, and he comes from a poorer background, so i think he jumped because he wanted the money for his family, and there wasn't much left for him to do in college, since he's graduated and won the Rose Bowl.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I just don't see an NFL QB here. Maybe if he looks good in WR drills you consider him on day 3, but that's far from an exact process.

This is a guy who played in a simple offense (which is as unlike an NFL offense as any FBS team's other than GT and Navy), and despite his gaudy statistics he regularly forced targets to adjust to errant passes. The thing that worries me most is that he didn't seem to improve in his second year as a starter, he was actually worse at a lot of things.

You never blame a guy for coming out, since you don't know what his family and economic situation is, but this is a head-scratcher to me.
Yah, i think the last part is true, just a poorer background, and his family needs the money, and he was a 4th year Jr., so he wasn't going to have a better backup option with another year since he has the degree.

But there's ZERO chance that he is anything but a QB. He's not fast, no wiggle and struggles in and out of his cuts. People think he's fast because he runs the spread, but he wont run lower than a high 4.7 IMO. I think he has some potential, but he needs some SERIOUS retooling of his throwing motion, but he makes good decisions and the mental part seems to be there, when he's just a strait dropback passer. But again, he's gonna need 2 or 3 years at least if he's even gonna be a backup. He seems like he could be a pretty decent CFL/UFL QB if he improves.

I'm still hoping that the UFL gets taken over by the NFL, and turns into the "D league" of the NFL, that would make it more interesting, and give more guys a chance to develop.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
Yah, i think the last part is true, just a poorer background, and his family needs the money, and he was a 4th year Jr., so he wasn't going to have a better backup option with another year since he has the degree.

But there's ZERO chance that he is anything but a QB. He's not fast, no wiggle and struggles in and out of his cuts. People think he's fast because he runs the spread, but he wont run lower than a high 4.7 IMO. I think he has some potential, but he needs some SERIOUS retooling of his throwing motion, but he makes good decisions and the mental part seems to be there, when he's just a strait dropback passer. But again, he's gonna need 2 or 3 years at least if he's even gonna be a backup. He seems like he could be a pretty decent CFL/UFL QB if he improves.

I'm still hoping that the UFL gets taken over by the NFL, and turns into the "D league" of the NFL, that would make it more interesting, and give more guys a chance to develop.
Yeah, Darron is not incredibly fast. Back in 2010, people were saying Nate Costa had better straight line speed than Thomas. Thomas is shifty and great at getting skinny to avoid a direct hit, but he's not incredibly fast in a foot race.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With his size, if he could run a 4.6, I think someone will take a chance and move him to WR. And obviously it would be nice to see him take part in some WR drills.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He deserves a Darwin Award nomination for killing his football career.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Usually the top college players declare when the NFL Advisory Committee gives them at least a round 1, 2 or 3 ranking, or they are desperate for money or they are about to flunk out of school. I suspect the first one is his reason.
So I would question those who say he isn't a pro prospect at QB, how high at this point, is anybody's guess.
Talk about him dropping out because he was about to be replaced is sheer rubbish.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scout.com had him timed at 4.50 at a high school combine in Dallas, and has him saying he preferred playing wide receiver to quarterback. Fwiw.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Usually the top college players declare when the NFL Advisory Committee gives them at least a round 1, 2 or 3 ranking, or they are desperate for money or they are about to flunk out of school. I suspect the first one is his reason.
So I would question those who say he isn't a pro prospect at QB, how high at this point, is anybody's guess.
Talk about him dropping out because he was about to be replaced is sheer rubbish.
I wouldnt suggest to anyone that you think he's got a top 3 round ranking from anyone, they'll think you're nuts.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No matter what position he plays, it's 5th to 7th round development guy. His mechanics need an overhaul, as well as understanding the pro offense. As a receiver, he needs to learn the route tree and how to run those.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be better off to make the change to WR. I think he could be a good slot guy or return person if needed. Like others said at least a 5th or 6th round pick unless he has a stellar combine at WR position. I think the QB class would just push him back even more since it is very depth this year IMO. He did have a good college career but if he likes wide out better then to change is now and see what hes got. Good luck to him in the Draft.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote