Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nick Saban dirtiest recruiter in CFB?

Quote:
One of Georgia’s top running backs said that was told by Alabama’s Nick Saban this weekend that he will have to wait until next year to sign with the Crimson Tide.

Justin Taylor of North Atlanta High School has been committed to Alabama for nearly a year, last February becoming the No. 7 pledge for this year’s class. The 5-foot-11, 208-pounder missed his senior season with a knee injury.

A couple of weeks ago, Taylor and his high school coach, former NFL RB Stanley Pritchett, both said they were informed by Alabama assistant Chris Rumph that it was likely that Taylor would not be able to sign with the Crimson Tide this February.

Alabama’s 2012 recruiting class is currently ranked as No. 1 in the nation by Rivals.com. Alabama has 27 commitments and is in the running for a few more elite prospects. The Crimson Tide is also accused of being one of the most frequent offenders in the practice of “over-signing” – which is when a college signs more players than they have scholarships available. (Click to go to website)

Back to Taylor: He took his official visit to Alabama this weekend and had the chance to sit down for a face-to-face meeting with Saban:

How did Nick Saban explain it to you? “Coach Saban said he wished he would’ve been able to tell me this in August instead of now. He said the only reason he can’t sign me is because he can’t sign 26 people. They can only sign 25 people. He said he was going to sign me with the next class. But he also said he would sign a piece of paper to show that they are keeping their word – they are going to sign it and they want me to sign it to make sure I know I still have my scholarship.”
When did Alabama first tell you that you couldn’t sign with them this February? “Coach Rumph actually told me about two weeks ago. Well, he called my coach, who told me, and then I called Coach Rumph. This weekend was the first time that they really broke it down like that. This was the first time I heard it from Coach Saban.”
What do you think happened? “Coach Saban just said I’m the 26th commitment. I would be the 26th signee. I guess he went and picked up somebody else. He said I make 26 and they only get 25. They talked about bringing me in next January.” [Note: Alabama has 27 commitments]
What was your reaction? “I’m cool with it, as long as I get to Alabama and play. And, as long as I have more time to recover and get solid.”
What will do you do this fall? “He said I’m going to stay in Georgia. They are going to find me a job. I’m going to work. I’m going to physical therapy at least seven days per week. I guess I will work, go to physical therapy and get strong … I will come in with the class of 2013. I’ll get there with the early group so I can do winter workouts and spring football.”
What about this piece of paper that you said Saban would sign? “Coach Saban is going to sign his name on a sheet of paper saying that I still have my scholarship. It was just for me. It’s to say they really still want me.”

What is the status of your knee injury from August? “I’m good right now. I’ve already had the surgery and everything. I’m running right now. They want me to be 100-percent healthy. They said it takes at least a year [to recover]. They said yeah, some can bounce back in 5-6 months. But the only people who bounce back in 5-6 months are the ones in college because there are on campus and they have that physician to be there seven days per week. I don’t have that. I only work out two days per week with my physical therapist.”
Do you think you could play this fall? “I feel like I could play this fall.”
With Saban saying you cannot sign with Alabama this year, will that make you look at other colleges? “I’m going to go ahead and stick with Alabama. I mean, I’m committed to them. They committed to me. They want me. I know they want me because that’s what they are telling me. If they didn’t want me, they wouldn’t let me keep my scholarship, They could’ve taken it when I first got hurt. If any other college wanted me, they would’ve hit me up. I haven’t really heard from anybody since the injury.”
What other schools were recruiting you the hardest? “Tennessee came through and I only talked to them one time. They gave me a number and the number didn’t even work. There was South Carolina and Georgia. They both stopped talking to me because I was committed to Alabama.”
Quote:
Here are Monday’s updates on Justin Taylor:

He’s the running back from North Atlanta High School who has been committed to Alabama for nearly a year but was told by Nick Saban this weekend that he can’t sign with the Crimson Tide until 2013. Go here to read the recap.

The 5-foot-10, 208-pound Taylor is considering the option of signing with another school in two weeks, according to multiple media reports, although it’s unclear on whether or not Taylor is still committed to Alabama for 2013. Here’s what Taylor told al.com’s Matt Scalici:

“At first I was cool with it but the more I thought about it, the less I liked it,” Taylor said. “I have already missed an entire season of football because of my injury. I decided I just can’t miss another season. It’s no hard feelings against Alabama but I just decided it’s best for me if I go somewhere that I can be at least practicing with the team this year, even if I have to redshirt. I haven’t talked to any other schools yet but I will start looking right now.”

UPDATE: We asked Taylor for clarification on whether or not he was still committed to Alabama. He responded via text message on late Monday night: “Yes, I’m still committed [to Alabama].”

Back to the story: Taylor’s high school coach and legal guardian is Stanley Pritchett, who played fullback in the NFL for nine seasons, including a stint with the Atlanta Falcons. We asked Pritchett some questions on Monday night in order to get more insight:

What’s your understanding of the situation? “If a kid has been committed for a year, you would think the college would honor it. But I understand college football is a business. When you hit the 25-scholarship limit, the colleges have to do something. It’s a hard situation for me because I’m also the legal guardian for Justin. I have to look at it from all sides. I’m upset about it. I kind of understand where Alabama is coming from because unfortunately he hurt this knee. But I was mad when [Alabama assistant Chris Rumph] called me about it two weeks ago. He knew I was mad. We played together at South Carolina. He knows me, and he knows how I feel about this. He assured me about [signing in 2013]. I left it up to Justin. If he still wanted to go to Alabama under those circumstances, that was up to him. For me, personally, I would go to a school where I am wanted. That’s just me.”
One of the benefits for a recruit to commit early is that it almost always protects the recruit’s scholarship offer in case he is injured before signing a letter-of-intent. Was this scenario discussed with Alabama when Justin committed last February? “To be honest with you, I don’t know. I’m not sure how all of all of this works nowadays. I’m an old-school guy. When I came out of high school 20 years ago, we didn’t commit until late our senior year. I’m new to ‘committing early’ situation. I guess Alabama got too many commitments and that’s why Justin has to grayshirt. It’s a tough situation. When they told me about it two weeks ago, I was mad.”
When Justin injured his knee last August, did Alabama mention the possibility of a “grayshirt” and waiting until next year to sign? “No, they never said anything like that at all. They were good about it. They made it clear they still wanted him this year. They said they were going to stick by him and honor the scholarship. They kept saying that over and over – ‘We’re going to stick by him.’”
When was the first time Alabama mentioned the possibility of delaying his offer until next year? “It was two weeks ago from Coach Rumph. We never had talked about it before at all. [Rumph] explained how they would have a spot for him next year, and I don’t think they would do this to him again next year. Then again, you never know, because college football is still a business. They might decide to go in a different direction. You never know.”
What is your opinion on what happened between Alabama and Justin? “I think it was both Justin’s injury and that Alabama has too many commitments. But Coach Saban said it was just the injury. They told me they talked to their trainers and the doctor who did the surgery and that Justin was on schedule with his rehab but he wasn’t really where he needed to be. I guess it was because he wasn’t getting every-day treatment. He goes 2-3 times per week but not every day like they do in college or the NFL. They felt like he was kind of behind on his rehab. I don’t think he’s behind on his rehab. He’s jogging and doing everything he’s supposed to be doing. The first few months after a torn ACL, you can’t take it too fast because you might re-injure it. After Alabama told me all of that stuff, I called his trainer and she thinks he is progressing well. I don’t know. Alabama told me it was because of his knee. They didn’t feel like he would be ready to come in August and compete. But I guess you could say it was both. Look at their number of commitments [27], and they’re still recruiting kids. You know it’s going to be about the numbers. They’re trying to say the knee but it’s really about the scholarship numbers, in my opinion … I’m disappointed. I’m disappointed with the whole process. If a kid commits and the college accepts it, then the college should honor it.”

Taylor said he was “90 percent” recovered right now and will be fully healthy by the summer. Is that accurate? “He’s jogging. I don’t know if he’s at 90-percent but he just started working out again with the football team this week. I think he’d be able to play next year, but I’m not a doctor so I can’t make that call. I know his physical therapist thinks he’ll be fine by August. She thinks he is where he needs to be. She said he’s coming along so well that he might be able to run track this spring.”
Did Alabama offer to help Justin find a job this fall? “I wasn’t with Justin every time he talked with the Alabama coaches. But that never came up in any of the conversations I was present for. No.”
You were with Justin during some of his conversations with Saban this past weekend. What stands out the most? “Coach Saban explained everything and never said anything about the scholarship numbers. Well, the only thing he did say was that the NCAA had a rule about signing 25. He didn’t like the rule or whatever, blah blah blah, and all that. He said this was because of Justin’s knee and nothing else. I asked Coach Saban about the grayshirting. I said ‘What does this mean? What do you want him to do from summer time until December?’ He said Justin would stay in Atlanta, that he would be committed to Alabama but that he could be recruited by anybody. They said he couldn’t go to Alabama yet but that he could take some classes at a community college as a part-time student while getting more rehab. I wanted to know about all of that because that will be two years out of football for Justin. I told Justin ‘If you’re good with that, then I’ll support you.’ Personally, I wouldn’t be good with that, though. I would go to a Plan B if it was me.”
Nick Saban to Atlanta RB: You can’t sign with Alabama until 2013

Link for update

Where is the NCAA?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You mean that same NCAA who let Cam Newton become magically elligible & saw no wrong with his dad shopping him to schools? Yeah they pop up when they wish to. I'd say Chip Kelly is a dirtier recruiter actually. Oh & Les Miles kicked a kid out of his dorm when he was already on campus......much worse.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (5-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 01-16-2012 at 10:54 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might as well find another school.

Not like this is new. Didn't Bama or LSU do something like this 2 summers ago. Cut a guy in August, after TC, but the official letter was dated 3 weeks before.

Schools can pull offers, just as kids switch schools. But you would think the schools having more authority/power would do the more ethical thing.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

by-law 13.2.3.3 After Completion of Senior Year. An institution may arrange for employment or employ any pro- spective student-athlete (regardless of athletics award winner status), provided the employment does not begin prior to the completion of the prospective student-athlete’s senior year in high school.

What the hell do you mean where is the NCAA? Probably looking for the next Big-10 school that lets children get raped on campus, or busy putting together multiple coaching staffs for the next Big-10 school that finds themselves "in a bind" for cheating.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
What the hell do you mean where is the NCAA? Probably looking for the next Big-10 school that lets children get raped on campus, or busy putting together multiple coaching staffs for the next Big-10 school that finds themselves "in a bind" for cheating.
Please, just shut the **** up and stop acting like you guys arent the shadiest ******* conference in the country. Everyone knows that the SEC has/does/ and always will oversign and be the least loyal pieces of **** in the game.

Saban is a great football coach, but the fact that you can somehow find a way to back him up in this situation is a ******* joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
You mean that same NCAA who let Cam Newton become magically elligible & saw no wrong with his dad shopping him to schools?

lol what? there was nothing wrong with cam or auburn at the time all that was happening. theres a rule in now. and the same situation happened before at alabama with andre smith too.

Yeah they pop up when they wish to. I'd say Chip Kelly is a dirtier recruiter actually.

Oh & Les Miles kicked a kid out of his dorm when he was already on campus......much worse.

les miles told the kid to pay for one semester cause they had too many EE. (although with kiel decommiting its kinda funny now cause they dont now) and after that one semester he would get his scholly, not a whole year. not too worse at all.
derp in bold.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the clarifications good sir. I'm way more interested in the battle that will continue to take place with JHL & Sickwithit lol.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
by-law 13.2.3.3 After Completion of Senior Year. An institution may arrange for employment or employ any pro- spective student-athlete (regardless of athletics award winner status), provided the employment does not begin prior to the completion of the prospective student-athlete’s senior year in high school.
I don't see how this allows them to promise someone a scholarship in the next class. It's essentially allowing them to sign more kids than the limit of 25 because of a crap promise he makes that could easily be broken.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I don't see how this allows them to promise someone a scholarship in the next class. It's essentially allowing them to sign more kids than the limit of 25 because of a crap promise he makes that could easily be broken.
Well at least he is guaranteed next year with that "contract" that he should be getting from Saban.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Please, just shut the **** up and stop acting like you guys arent the shadiest ******* conference in the country. Everyone knows that the SEC has/does/ and always will oversign and be the least loyal pieces of **** in the game.

Saban is a great football coach, but the fact that you can somehow find a way to back him up in this situation is a ******* joke.

You don't even know what the situation is ****boy. This is AJC content written by a bunch of UGA honks. The coaching staff isn't allowed to comment on kids right now. There's another side to this story.

Taylor publicly waivered twice previously but everyone wants to blame the coach who wants to give him a free education.....in January rather than August. Saban honored the kid's scholarship all throughout his wavering.

Saban is always upfront with kid's about grayshirts. Perhaps the best thing for the kid to do is move on and go get a 'real' education up north or somewhere on the west coast.

He'd probably start over some of those walk-ons at USC soon :^)
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really feel bad at all for any kid that signs for Saban and gets grayshirted/scholly capped.

a) It's technically legal.
b) Saban and the SEC West in general have a deep history of this so recruits should know this and know the risk they are taking committing/signing with them.
c) It's ******* Bama. Anyone signing with that **** pie of a school gets what they had coming.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't even know what the situation is ****boy. This is AJC content written by a bunch of UGA honks. The coaching staff isn't allowed to comment on kids right now. There's another side to this story.

Taylor publicly waivered twice previously but everyone wants to blame the coach who wants to give him a free education.....in January rather than August. Saban honored the kid's scholarship all throughout his wavering.

Saban is always upfront with kid's about grayshirts. Perhaps the best thing for the kid to do is move on and go get a 'real' education up north or somewhere on the west coast.

He'd probably start over some of those walk-ons at USC soon :^)
Yes, I dont know the situation...but I do know that Alabama has gained a reputation of over-signing and just stabbing them in the back, so why would anyone think this is any different? The fact that you still seem to be defending them is ridiculous.

Dont worry about SC, we will be just fine. Way to try and be cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Well at least he is guaranteed next year with that "contract" that he should be getting from Saban.
I imagine that that "contract" is less valuable than the paper it's written on.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean that same NCAA who let Cam Newton become magically elligible & saw no wrong with his dad shopping him to schools? Yeah they pop up when they wish to.
Have you actually read the NCAA rules (I know you haven't, but whatever). The Newton thing was a loop-hole that has recently been re-written. So no; he didn't "magically" become eligible; he was 100% eligible as per NCAA rules at the time of the incident.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
Have you actually read the NCAA rules (I know you haven't, but whatever). The Newton thing was a loop-hole that has recently been re-written. So no; he didn't "magically" become eligible; he was 100% eligible as per NCAA rules at the time of the incident.
Hey can you sense the sarcasm in my words about Cam? Guess not. Why would I care to read the rules of an organization that is out for itself & nobody else & is corrupt to the core? Thanks for the lesson though. But yes I heard all that loop-hole stuff when it popped up and moved on.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
The NCAA can essentially pick and chose what they wish to do (and do so on a regular basis). Most of their rules are written in such a broad manner that most things athletes do could be found in violation.

Not to mention that they don't actually need any sort of solid evidence of something occurring, they simply need to believe it to be true.

They don't need to (and often don't) use any sort of precedence when making decisions.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-19-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

Lol. 10 characters.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...offer-revoked/

Where is the uproar & thread starting now????

Old 01-22-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...offer-revoked/

Where is the uproar & thread starting now????
Georgia Tech didn't do anything wrong in this case. The kid didn't have the test scores. And unlike most schools, Georgia Tech doesn't let retards in just because they play football. As for why Tech didn't do it earlier... Kids can take the test as many times as they want until they get the qualifying score. Tech waited as long as they could hoping he'd get qualified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Fan
Rookie

Big_Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Georgia Tech didn't do anything wrong in this case. The kid didn't have the test scores. And unlike most schools, Georgia Tech doesn't let retards in just because they play football. As for why Tech didn't do it earlier... Kids can take the test as many times as they want until they get the qualifying score. Tech waited as long as they could hoping he'd get qualified.
His HS AD is singing a different song...some snippets from the article...

Georgia Tech’s admissions people had his transcript and test score for awhile. Why didn’t they let us know long before this? We’re finding out just now? This kid has been committed to Georgia Tech for 11 months, we didn’t talk to other schools because he was committed there, and now this happens 10 days before National Signing Day?

“I’m confused, upset and very disappointed,” White said. “I feel like I let the kid down. Maybe I led him in the wrong direction by allowing him to commit so early to Georgia Tech and then shutting it down … Coach Johnson told us that his scholarship was ‘guaranteed’ unless Junior pursued other schools, committed a felony or didn’t make it academically."

"Junior is an Honor Graduate, and if his ACT test score from last spring was an issue, it should’ve been an issue a long time ago."

It wasn’t a real long and drawn out conversation with Coach Johnson. Like I said, I didn’t have Junior’s test score or the sliding scale in front of me at the time. If so, I could’ve said ‘He’s qualified. What the heck are you talking about coach? He’s got this, this and this. What do you mean?’ I just think another part of the story is going to come out about all of this eventually.

if we had known last spring’s test score was too low, I would’ve had Junior take it two or three more times. I don’t know why Georgia Tech can’t sign him and explain ‘If you can’t score higher on the test, you can’t enroll next year.’ Georgia and other colleges do that every year, don’t they? We were never told to take the test over until recently and that’s my beef

The fact that the kid is an honors graduate makes this whole thing stink. Admissions are on a sliding scale, and standardized test score requirements are not hard and fast. Graduating with honors If his score really is the reason they pulled his offer, at the very least they are guilty of not letting him know in a timely fashion.

Johnson also said that the average SAT score at tech is 1400, and that may be true - but not for football players. Their average is 1028...still much better than most college football teams. Still, they should have told the kid " With your current GPA you need to make XX on the ACT to get in" and this all would have been avoided.

It IS ugly.
Big_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

He can graduate with honors in HS by taking class that help his gpa that aren't part of the core requirement. I think GT told him he needed 1 more class.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kid is coming off an injury, greyshirting is actually a tremendous idea if he is up for it.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Alabama wins another title just to watch the **** storm really kick up

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Where is the uproar about the other teams with 26 & 27 commits oh and miami has 31!

Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he signed with kentucky..

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote