Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-15-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think CB is fine. I like House and I like Tramon and Shields. Woodson is getting up there in age though so another CB wouldn't hurt

I just hope Collins can return or else that's another hole to fill on D

right now, if Collins can return, they just need a DE/OLB. I liked what I saw from DJ Smith this year and I think he might be a better alternative than AJ Hawk going forward
Old 01-15-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
If we go out and get a OLB, DE and CB in the draft we'll be fine. IN that order preferably
True. EXCEPT the odds would be 2/3 would be hurt by the time the playoffs get here, and even with TT, 1 out of 3 won't be a hit.

He should invest in ONE free agent stud at one of those positions so we know what we are getting.

Justin Smith was a free agent addition for the Niners. Well worth whatever money he got.
Cullen Jenkins wasn't that great, but he was great for us, and he got pretty small money, about the same as James Jones who we don't even use.

Sometimes age is a bit overrated IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
LOL at the fans of other teams on the main forum making a thread about the Pack losing. Started by a Vikes fan no less(no surprise there). You know your team is doing good things when they are so hated. Means you are usually having success.
No kidding.... you see me battling a bunch of those c0cksuckers.
It's always coming from loser teams.... teams not in the mix. Teams who ALWAYS lose like Minnesota, Dallas, Chicago, Cleveland... no success from any of those teams in their lifetimes probably.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Collins loss was HUGE because:

A) he was great. GREAT. not just pretty good. He was great.
B) Peprah sucks @sscorn.

Sadly, I would bet a lot that Nick's playing days are over, which pisses me off becaust that was such a BS fluke play.
GUys hurdle all the time. No tacklers get hurt.
Tacklers lead with their head and have hard colliisons... this play was not that.
Also, it was bad defense on that play for Stewart to have had that much running space to even make it to Collins.
LBers were AWOL on that play... forced Collins to come up while Stewart had a ton of space and running room.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

meh don't feed em. For quite a few of them this is the highlight of their season(which is pretty sad for them really)

Pack will be back next year with the talent they have. S'all good
Old 01-15-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
meh don't feed em. For quite a few of them this is the highlight of their season(which is pretty sad for them really)

Pack will be back next year with the talent they have. S'all good
A) true. sad for them, i don't feel any pity for them, but you're right, i won't feed them anymore even though it's so tempting.

B) should be true, but it won't matter at all now until the playoffs, because 15 regular season wins mean nothing. all that matters is the trophy at the end.

C) sucks now because Skip Bayless will talk crap tomorrow.
I won't watch any of ESPN today or tomorrow, hopefully for a long time.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

i avoid espn/nfln after playoff losses so that will continue this week. I have no interest in hearing the mouth breathers yap on tv
Old 01-15-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm really disappointed for a number of reasons but mainly because 19 games in a row and the run these guys were on is not what will be remembered. This was an awful way to end a great run.

Aaron deserves some blame here but this game came down to 2 things. The fumbles were out of character and took away possessions and the defense with 2 weeks off didn't do anything different then the regular season.

What was with the 3 man rush on multiple occasions? Eli had at least 6 or 7 seconds to make reads.

Also, what the hell is up with Starks. Dropped a pass, blown block that led to a sack and punt, and didn't take a handoff from Aaron which caused him to have to scramble for a 1st down. Starks seems to suffer from the same lack of concentration that plagues Finley.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So disappointing. Let's hope this puts an end to the coach speak about yards don't matter, ranking doesn't matter, as long as we don't give up points in the red zone and create turnovers...blah...blah...blah.

Ted has got to invest in this defense. I swear if we draft another TE in the first 5 rounds I'll blow a gasket.

The o-line held up pretty well overall, except for Clifton getting stuck in mud and letting Osi run around him for the sack-fumble. All the talk was that the pass rush was going to give Rodgers fits. For much of the game he actually had plenty of time but the receivers could not get open.

Seemed like Walden played a lot. I thought Jones was going to start and get significant snaps?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. Good luck in the future.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Good game to you as well. Giants came to play. Enjoy this...it's fun when your team goes on a run like this when nobody expects them to. Last year was great because of that, and so far this year the Giants look to be doing the same as well
Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So disappointing.. this was not the 15-1 team we watched. Surprising the D is what kept us in it for awhile except that hailmary which was killer.

I absolutely hated the fact we gave Kuhn a carry behind our 50 which he fumbled. He shouldn't run ever... it was a thing that worked a couple times but its been dead all year yet we still did it.

Anyways draft lots of defense and a HB wouldn't hurt.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game to NYG! The better team won yesterday even though it hurts to say so.

Its feels weird losing. Im use my soccer team losing because thats just what happens, but i've never been dissappointed by the Packers since i became a fan so i dont really know how to react.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
PackerFan20
Rookie

PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Did Finley get injured during the game? I didn't hear any mention of it but he was pretty much invisible the whole game, especially the second half, which was surprising because it seemed like everybody was expecting a big game from him.
PackerFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFan20 View Post
Did Finley get injured during the game? I didn't hear any mention of it but he was pretty much invisible the whole game, especially the second half, which was surprising because it seemed like everybody was expecting a big game from him.
Hopefully it was his goodbye present.

We'll get a couple good compensation picks next year if we let Flynn and Finley leave. Or we could tag Flynn and make a trade with another team. I just really dont wanna see Finley back in Green Bay next year.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-17-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To bad he will and should be back.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
To bad he will and should be back.
I know, im pretty sure TT will keep him, i know i wouldnt though.

RIP themaninblack