Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Homicide
Rookie

Homicide hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Suprise of the draft anyone?

Raiders select Joe Thomas!!!!!!!

It could happen
Homicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriosly doubt that they will take Joe Thomas, If this trade happens, i could see them taking CJesus, and then Kalil in the 2nd. I also do not think that the lions would take Russel, he just doesn't seem like the type of QB for Martzs Offense.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Maybe this means Mike Williams can make the roster at WR.

Hahahahahahaha....
Good one dicknose!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
T-Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homicide View Post
Suprise of the draft anyone?

Raiders select Joe Thomas!!!!!!!

It could happen

theres no chance the raiders take him even if he's a great lineman
Old 04-06-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Tha rizzock
Rookie

Tha rizzock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
I seriosly doubt that they will take Joe Thomas, If this trade happens, i could see them taking CJesus, and then Kalil in the 2nd. I also do not think that the lions would take Russel, he just doesn't seem like the type of QB for Martzs Offense.

kalil? why would the raiders need another center?

I agree though not a chance the raiders gra thomas althugh i wouldnt mind.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Detroit makes this trade. Detroit wants Oakland to take Russell at #1 so they have better leverage to make a deal down. Why would Detroit trade Oakland a QB if they want them to take one #1 overall? Detroit would have to get a day one pick to make this beneficial to them.

I don't see it happening.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Tha rizzock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I don't think Detroit makes this trade. Detroit wants Oakland to take Russell at #1 so they have better leverage to make a deal down. Why would Detroit trade Oakland a QB if they want them to take one #1 overall? Detroit would have to get a day one pick to make this beneficial to them.

I don't see it happening.
so just becuse oakland gets mccown it would make that much of a diffrence? I highly doubt it. The raiders can get other vetrans if not mccown if one team is set on someone they want him regaurdless dude.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
mfkrush
Rookie

mfkrush hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Reguardless of who plays Quarterback for the Raiders, they are going to struggle. Dan Marino couldn't turn this team around. The Raiders have had success in the past, but they keep looking to make one big transaction to turn the team around (Randy Moss trade). They need to realize that it is going to take more then one transaction to help them out. When they put things together, they'll be alright.
mfkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yeah Raiders need a center, Jake Grove has been flat out awful ever since he came into this league he can’t even snap the damn ball. And Newberry hasn’t been healthy in a long ass time. Ryan Kalil who is already familiar with Lane Kiffin would be a great pick for the Raiders at #33

but don’t be surprised he if goes in the 1st round

Last edited by NIN1984 : 04-06-2007 at 10:32 PM.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha rizzock View Post
kalil? why would the raiders need another center?

I agree though not a chance the raiders gra thomas althugh i wouldnt mind.
They only signed Newberry to a one year contract and Grove could possibly move back to guard, so Kalil wouldn't be a bad pick considering he is one of the most fundamentally sound lineman in the draft.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:00 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kalil would make a lot of sense. Grove is a major dissapointment who may be moved back to guard and theres a good chance he wont be resigned when his contract is up. I dont think he fits into our long term plans. Newberry has all kinds of injury problems and hes on a 1 year deal and doesnt have much time left. Kalil would be great in the ZBS and hes familiar with Kiffin.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Would Oakland grab Staley over Kalil if he was there in the second?
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Would Oakland grab Staley over Kalil if he was there in the second?
I think he'd be a better value, especially considering that zone blocking centers can usually be found much later in drafts. That said, I don't think there is even a remote chance that Staley last that long.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Tha rizzock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Kalil would make a lot of sense. Grove is a major dissapointment who may be moved back to guard and theres a good chance he wont be resigned when his contract is up. I dont think he fits into our long term plans. Newberry has all kinds of injury problems and hes on a 1 year deal and doesnt have much time left. Kalil would be great in the ZBS and hes familiar with Kiffin.

Grove is a ZBS center and was good up until last season. Him and gallery are under contract untill 2009.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:27 AM    (permalink
andre patton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfkrush View Post
Reguardless of who plays Quarterback for the Raiders, they are going to struggle. Dan Marino couldn't turn this team around. The Raiders have had success in the past, but they keep looking to make one big transaction to turn the team around (Randy Moss trade). They need to realize that it is going to take more then one transaction to help them out. When they put things together, they'll be alright.
well...one transaction here...one transaction there...next thing you know its 3 years later and the raiders are back in the playoffs. :)

I would love to get McCown. It would give us the option to draft CJ.

I actually dont even want to pick up a QB this year. Lets work on our Oline and wait until next year. The talent at QB this year will be available next year. Plus, lets let Walter and McCown battle it out, then play behind a serviceable line and see how good they can be. You never know.

Trade Randy Moss for some picks next year...just in case. Plus keeps the seat open for CJ. Porter/Curry/CJ? Sounds like a vicious receiving core.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Maybe this means Mike Williams can make the roster at WR.

Hahahahahahaha....
I love this post! Its BRILLIANT without being pretentious... :D !

I like the thought of trading for McNown, the Raiders have so many problems on the offensive side I don't really see Russell as the missing link as it were. Best case for the Raiders is trading out and acquiring more picks or getting Calvin Johnson. Moss, Porter and Johnson could be outstanding as long as they get the offensive line to pass block and maybe get a running game going. Besides they could bring in Walters to QB and Josh could be the 4th wideout, ahh the trickery that could ensue.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha rizzock View Post
Grove is a ZBS center and was good up until last season. Him and gallery are under contract untill 2009.
Grove at this point isn't any kind of center, much less a ZBS center. He's been underwhelming since joining the Raiders and took a major step backward last year. I can't help but think that in a zone blocking scheme he's much better suited for guard.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wouldn't mind him at all, better tahn Bledsoe and Rattay. Also better upgrade than Andrew Walter. This could be a sign the Raiders trade for a vetern QB who could groom Jamarcus Russell.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKnGOLD View Post
I hate how people view Eli Manning as a long term answer, but someone with an equal skill set, McCown, as a spot starter.
give me a break..... sorry, but that is riddiculus. shut your mouth
Old 04-08-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Homer!!!!! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
DaBears0530
Rookie

DaBears0530 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if this deal does happen which it probably will the lions will have 5 5th round picks in the draft!!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

or instead of a 5th for McCown, what is its a 2nd or a 3rd or a 3/4 combo for both Mike WIlliams and McCown, allowing them to take Russell and have him backup learn from McCown for a year, and giving them another WR.

could happen, neither Williams or McCown showed up for training day 1. could be they are getting physicals.
reinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
lol that's hilarious. I probably would take McCown, now that I think about it.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinar View Post
or instead of a 5th for McCown, what is its a 2nd or a 3rd or a 3/4 combo for both Mike WIlliams and McCown, allowing them to take Russell and have him backup learn from McCown for a year, and giving them another WR.

could happen, neither Williams or McCown showed up for training day 1. could be they are getting physicals.
I'll take anything but Mike Williams. I do like your idea though.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

I guess since the Raiders scrape the bottom of the barrel for coaches, they figure they can do the same thing for their QB's. And people wonder why the Raiders are a shell of their glory days.

Senile Al is so set in his ways, that his once proud franchise is a joke. How many QB's are the Raiders going to pass on in the 1st round while they sign guys who haven't played in years, were mid round draft pick flame outs with other teams?
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote