Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-17-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Why is Jeff Demps in the rankings if he is focused on track now?
Still eligible to be drafted.

With that type of rare speed, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone take a late round flyer.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott who do you think are the top 5 NT's in the draft? Poe and Ta'amu are the top 2, but after that I've seen mixed opinions on Thompson, Chapman and Martin as the next 3 NT's....

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Actually, that is one of the main reasons I have compared Floyd to Fitzgerald all along. They are both big but play smaller. Check out out Floyd was able to create on bubble screens and even as a punt returner this year. The guy is quietly kind of shift, like Fitz. Floyd is also one of those guys who plays faster with the pads on and has shown the ability to be a vertical threat despite average timed speed, just like Fitzgerald.
I agree with that with the ball in his hands, Floyd is just as dangerous and shifty as Fitz. But I don't think he can touch Fitz in his route running and ability to get separation. The word I keep coming back to is "fluidity". Fitz just looks a whole lot smoother in and out of breaks than Floyd, IMO.

I could be missing something, as seems like I'm going out on a limb with my argument based on all the scouting reports I've read. But I think if you put Fitzgerald in Welker's role, he'd still come out of a season with 100+ catches. Floyd, I think, would struggle to separate from multiple bodies inside the numbers (LBs, SS, NB) the same way most bigger WRs would. That's not a knock on Floyd, as I still think he's a wonderful player and would love him on my Bears.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott

No Mike Harris in CB rankings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
TT Gator
Rookie

TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.

I don't agree with Michael Floyd being #4 on the WR rankings. I'm a fan of Kendall Wright but the guy is only 5'10 which will limit him to being a slot receiver (which is valuable but not worth an early 1st rounder IMO). Floyd meanwhile can be plugged in as a #1 almost immediately and has crazy upside. Jeffery has the size NFL teams look for and alot of upside too but he just didn't produce this year and showed issues with getting seperation. And yes I know his QB situation was inconsistent but so was Floyd's and yet he still came out of this season with over 100 catches and 1,000 yards whereas Jeffery had only half the amount of receptions. I understand his stock drops some thanks to off the field issues (which is why i'd put him 2nd behind Blackmon) but no way should/would any sane team pick Wright or Jeffrey over him IMO. Every week teams knew that the Irish would constantly throw his way and yet every week he was a factor regardless of whether he was double covered. Outside of that i thought the rankings were really good all around Scott.
TT Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do like Floyd, but there are a lot of questions there.

Most Notably: Speed. Durability. Character.

Having big concerns both on and off the field does not bode well, especially when there are other options. That is why I think Floyd is making a big mistake by passing on the Senior Bowl opportunity. Floyd is a late first rounder right now and could even fall into the second round.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote