Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK Now that I have slept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Neither is going into into it without realizing that we've faced two teams with a winning record on the year and lost to both of them....
This is a ridiculous arguement. That's like saying the Ravens losses to weak oppenents is relevant. Or that the fact they only beat the browns by 6 points is relevant to this week.

Quote:
and despite your insistence that everything that happens in the past and is automatically meaningless, this team has had mixed results against teams that run this sort of defense.
Everything that happens in the distant past. It's like with Indy. People always saying he had trouble with New Englands defense, when in reality its been pretty 50 50 and he's had his great games, and his bad games. It isn't dependent on any past variable but how he plays and what gameplan they had that week, injuries etc.

Quote:
We saw it earlier on the year in Dallas, in 2 out of 3 meetings with the Jets last year, in the second game with Dolphins, and with meetings with the Ravens over the past few years. This is a legitimate challenge and one we aren't assured of getting by in.
Have we struggled with pressure? Absolutely. But lets not bring the Dolphins game into considering the injuries we had. The OL dealt with 2 excellent pass rushers on the edge last week exceptionally well. Are they as strong as Baltimore? No. But given their performance I think they'll keep Tommy mostly upright.

Quote:
If you want to call me pessimistic for that, by all means. But you would be ignoring the fact that they match up very well against us and teams with similarities(including, those older Ravens teams) have done had some success against us.
They have won one game against us. One. We're 5-1 is it? That's not some success. That's alot of failure.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, we're 6-1 against the Ravens

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All season people have discounted the tremendous job the Texans have done in the trenches. Saying the Pats Oline will be fine against the Ravens simply because they showed poorly against Houston is silly. The Texans have an all-star lineup in the LB core, solid Dlineman, and went out and signed top talent in the defensive backfield. Their defense is lightyears better than ours. Their oline is damn good, too. There's a big difference between the run-first mentality and the one we employ. On top of all that, Arian Foster is the best RB in the league, hands down. The guy is smoother than anyone I've seen in years and makes himself small / skinny to dart through two would-be tacklers better than any RB I've ever seen.

Don't make the mistake of thinking our O or D lines can repeat what the Texans did.

I wasn't terribly worried about Denver for one reason: pressure up the middle. They don't have it, and Brady's ability to shred them was a direct result of that. The Ravens can bring that pressure, and up the middle is what turns Brady into a skittish, happy-feet, shell of himself.

I am very encouraged by our showing against The Almighty Broncos and truly believe this team can't be stopped if they come out firing like that again (for two more games, please!)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
They have won one game against us. One. We're 5-1 is it? That's not some success. That's alot of failure.
As NaleJ said, it's 6-1. Are you really using this to support your argument when you just got done saying that everything in the distant past is meaningless? We've played the Ravens twice in the past two years and had a hard time against them both times. That's far more relevant than how we did against the Fighting Kyle Boller's.

Which one is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I am very encouraged by our showing against The Almighty Broncos and truly believe this team can't be stopped if they come out firing like that again (for two more games, please!)
That's basically where I am, despite my crabbiness with people trying to limit trying to limit the scope of this discussion with flawed logic and contradictions. The scoreboard never really proves much in games like that after a certain point, but this team looks like it's peaking on both sides at the right time. Some of the adjustments we've made on defense(McCourty to safety) really seem to be paying off. It's a whole different ball game against Baltimore too. Not only do they match up better against us, but they're not coming off an emotional high like Denver was. It's very tough for a team to pull a big upset like they did the previous week and totally flip the script for a road game. I don't think Baltimore is in the same position here; we're going to get their best shot. I'm not trying to take anything away from the way we played against Denver, but I'm not sure you can say the Broncos gave us the same.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-17-2012 at 11:56 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As NaleJ said, it's 6-1. Are you really using this to support your argument when you just got done saying that everything in the distant past is meaningless? We've played the Ravens twice in the past two years and had a hard time against them both times. That's far more relevant than how we did against the Fighting Kyle Boller's.

Which one is it?

That's basically where I am, despite my crabbiness with people trying to limit trying to limit the scope of this discussion with flawed logic and contradictions.

Don't be ridiculous. Those past games don't matter at all. I am just saying that even by your standards We haven't 'traditionally' lost to them.

If you want to debate matchups by all means. Let's talk matchups. But lets not be all doom and gloom.

I love talking matchups, player-wise and systematically. I'm looking over some ravens tape as we speak actually to get a better idea but I am liking what I am seeing with how they matchup with us overall.

Not gonna be an easy game by any means, but its one we should win.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Last edited by BradysKnee : 01-17-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a pretty basic formula. Ed Reed is going to be forced to cover Gronk and everything underneath will be wide open for Welker and Hernandez.

The Ravens will try to bring the pressure, and that's when the Pats go to Hernandez and Woodhead out of the backfield.

On defense, the secondary will have to keep everything in front of them and Spikes and Ninko will have to have good games to stop the run - inside and outside respectively.

Prevent the big play, and I see the Pats winning pretty easily.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's a pretty basic formula. Ed Reed is going to be forced to cover Gronk and everything underneath will be wide open for Welker and Hernandez.

The Ravens will try to bring the pressure, and that's when the Pats go to Hernandez and Woodhead out of the backfield.

On defense, the secondary will have to keep everything in front of them and Spikes and Ninko will have to have good games to stop the run - inside and outside respectively.

Prevent the big play, and I see the Pats winning pretty easily.
The Ravens need to chip Gronk and Hern I think which will hurt their pass rush. Ed Reed won't be able to help with Welker (my favorite to have a big day). Ocho might even get a few catches lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-18-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not diggin' Skip Bayless antagonizing T.Suggs.
Mocking him and telling him how the Pats are going to destroy him and his team.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm not diggin' Skip Bayless antagonizing T.Suggs.
Mocking him and telling him how the Pats are going to destroy him and his team.
Couldn't agree more. He needs to shut the **** up. Haha and people need to stop saying were a slam dunk to win this game, were not, like at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's mostly national people. I haven't heard that kind of stuff coming out of the local media here. This game is a complete toss-up.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-18-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yea, I couldn't agree more. This is going to be a slugfest.
It sucks that the Pats are doing their part. Being humble, saying only positive things about the Ravens
and then Skip comes in and ***** it all up for us. They don't need material for Harbaugh to post on their locker room to hype them up.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Especially not when Suggs already has it out for Brady.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Eh, I'm not too concerned with Skip Bayless. If he could pump someone up, Lebron James would have like 10 rings already.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-18-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Apparently Brady wasn't seen at practice today. Participation report out in a bit. Hopefully there isn't anything funny going on, but it's sort of strange.

Edit:

Brady thing is out. Left shoulder injury.

EDIT 2:

More concerning from an availability standpoint; Solder and Hernandez were limited with concussions.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-18-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apparently Brady wasn't seen at practice today. Participation report out in a bit. Hopefully there isn't anything funny going on, but it's sort of strange.

Edit:

Brady thing is out. Left shoulder injury.

EDIT 2:

More concerning from an availability standpoint; Solder and Hernandez were limited with concussions.
God dammit. That goal line rushing play is looking worse and worse.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Eh I feel it's just precautionary, especially with Brady because he's been missing practices for a few weeks now and he looked fine last weekend.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-18-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Eh I feel it's just precautionary, especially with Brady because he's been missing practices for a few weeks now and he looked fine last weekend.
Probably right, but concussions do worry me. Even if the player 'feels' good, sometimes they may be held out
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-18-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They can't practice if they haven't been cleared for concussion related symptoms ... still yeah that's a little worrisome.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
They can't practice if they haven't been cleared for concussion related symptoms ... still yeah that's a little worrisome.
Depends on the concussion. They could be allowed non-contact drills etc.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Ehhhh... I'm not liking this concussion talk. Hopefully it's nothing.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm willing to bet that they both play. They wouldn't be practicing if they weren't. It's not good to hear though and it defiantly causes some pause.

Brady will obviously play, but it's not good to hear about anyone missing practice leading up to a do or die situation from a preparation standpoint. But if there's anyone who it won't phase, it will be Brady.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-19-2012, 03:33 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to see Ray Lewis try to cover Aaron Hernandez.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I can't wait to see Ray Lewis try to cover Aaron Hernandez.
I think the LBs covering the TEs is gonna be what wins it for us. They can't send the house every play, and I just can't see them covering our TEs on hot-intermediate routes. Ed Reed could probably stick with them no problem, but I'm sure brady won't be looking his way too much anyway.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-19-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Ed Reed is gonna get bored. He won't be near any plays hopefully LOL

Old 01-19-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
I think the LBs covering the TEs is gonna be what wins it for us. They can't send the house every play, and I just can't see them covering our TEs on hot-intermediate routes. Ed Reed could probably stick with them no problem, but I'm sure brady won't be looking his way too much anyway.
I could see us using the TEs to chip Suggs on practically every play. That should help neutralize their pass rush.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote