Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-16-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Given that Murray did get hurt, I don't think he's shaken that injury prone tag, yet. A guy like Felix that can get you a TD from 80 yards out is not walking around on every street corner.

I agree with you that RB doesn't have to be an impact position, but Felix is a talented guy and he's cheap right now.
That's another aspect of it. With the emergence of DeMarco he obviously isn't re-signing, so why not get value for him when you can?

That 4th rounder could be a pro-bowler, and even if the player doesn't pan out, what would Felix really have done for the team this upcoming season? His production can easily be replaced.

I'm taking the potential of drafting a solid CB, true NT, or a great back-up ILB instead of keeping felix for one year.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
That's another aspect of it. With the emergence of DeMarco he obviously isn't re-signing, so why not get value for him when you can?

That 4th rounder could be a pro-bowler, and even if the player doesn't pan out, what would Felix really have done for the team this upcoming season? His production can easily be replaced.

I'm taking the potential of drafting a solid CB, true NT, or a great back-up ILB instead of keeping felix for one year.
Well, I disagree. Sure that pick could turn out to be a pro bowler, but it could turn out to be Marten or AOA. Frankly, given our draft history, I don't have much confidence that it would turn into a player.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not trading Felix right now unless something absurd is on the table. Not saying he's that valuable, but he's valuable to us until Murray can prove he can make it through a season healthy. I do think we should find another change of pace back later in the draft.

As for the talk about an inside rush. When you're in the 3-4 a lot of your inside push comes from blitzing. We need to get better at blitzing up the middle. I think a guy like Bruce Carter with a full off-season under his belt can hopefully help out in that area. As for an inside push when we go 4 down lineman. I'd like to see us play around with Hatcher in the middle a little bit more. Maybe we did this year and I didn't notice, but I think he could make a difference. Take a page out of the Giants playbook and play DE's at DT in passing situations.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I'm not trading Felix right now unless something absurd is on the table. Not saying he's that valuable, but he's valuable to us until Murray can prove he can make it through a season healthy. I do think we should find another change of pace back later in the draft.

As for the talk about an inside rush. When you're in the 3-4 a lot of your inside push comes from blitzing. We need to get better at blitzing up the middle. I think a guy like Bruce Carter with a full off-season under his belt can hopefully help out in that area. As for an inside push when we go 4 down lineman. I'd like to see us play around with Hatcher in the middle a little bit more. Maybe we did this year and I didn't notice, but I think he could make a difference. Take a page out of the Giants playbook and play DE's at DT in passing situations.
I keep hearing that in a 34, you don't normally get pressure up the middle and I disagree that we simply need to accept this. There are interior 34 guys all over the league that make an impact from inside. Rat does some, but it's easier for an offense to double him and double Ware. We need another person that commands attention. Whether that's at OLBer or DE or NT, it don't really care.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-16-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There problem with our front seven is the fact that every postion is filled with marginal rotation players with the exception of Ware/Ratliff/Lee. Coleman/Spears are on demensional run stoppers at 5 tech, James/Brooking have deminished into two down linebackers at best and Lissemore/Hatcher/Carter are all players that are still developing. Spencer has reached his potential and is what he his. He is a liability in space due to being an unatural athlete heading any direction other than foward and is extremely stiff hipped when asked to turn in pusuit. As a passrusher he has plays with leverage and has good hand fighting skills but lacks the agility and stop/start speed to get the the QB when they scramble around the pocket.

Ill even go out on a limb and say addressing the front seven should be a bigger priority in the draft the corner. If the success the Giants are having proves anything it is the fact that pressure masks inefficiencies in the secondary. With the CB depth in this years draft and the possibility of adding help in F/A I think Jerry can afford to wait until the third round to draft a corner. In a perfect world this is how they offseason would go for me:

Free Agency:
Nick Hardwick C, San Diego - Center play was the weakest link of this team imo. Garrett like Costa's toughness but he simply can't consistantly snap the ball well. Hardwick is a gritty player who brings an edge and experience to a line that is transitioning to youth.

Terrell Thomas CB, Giants / Carlos Rogers, SF - I give CDCB14 props for being the first one suggesting Thomas in the boards. If he is healthy he adds another press corner opposite of Jenkins for a relative inexpensive price. Carlos Rogers has been impressive all year and I doubt SF will let him go but would be my option 2.

Draft
Trade down into the 20's and add an extra 2nd round pick

Option A: Dontari Poe NT, Memphis- I honestly haven't can find enough tape of him to make a proper analysis but I've seen several scouting reports if scouts I respect that say he is very comparable to Phil Taylor.

Option B: Cordy Glenn OG, Georgia - Moving to tackle has hurt is stock this year. He is isn't built to combat edge rushes in space but if you let him battle in a phone booth he wins 99% of the time. Glenn is not as complete of a player as DeCasto but grades higher as a run blocker. Shaun Andrews potential.

Round 2 (first selection)

Option A: Kelechi Osemele OG, Iowa St - Shares some similarities with Glenn, both are better fits at guard but were forced outside to tackle, both are excellent run blockers and a load to handle in tight spaces. Glenn is slightly better in space imo.

Option B: Alameda Ta'amu NT, Washington- STRONG STRONG STONG guy still raw in terms of leverage and technique but takes well to coaching. He has only played the position for a couple of years was actually scouted as one of the best Guards in the country coming out of highschool.

Round 2 (second selection)
Option A: Jared Crick DE, Nebraska- has the ability to be special as a 5-Tech. He has good hand use in the trenches and an excellent closing burst, and pretty good wheels when pusuiting the ball carrier. Would be a lock for the first round hadn't it been for his injury.

Option B: Brandon Boykin CB, Georgia- Very good athlete with the ability to run with faster WR and the hops to contend with the larger ones. Plays smart and can contribute immediately in the nickle and special teams.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 01-16-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
CowboyFan73
Rookie

CowboyFan73 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
There problem with our front seven is the fact that every postion is filled with marginal rotation players with the exception of Ware/Ratliff/Lee. Coleman/Spears are on demensional run stoppers at 5 tech, James/Brooking have deminished into two down linebackers at best and Lissemore/Hatcher/Carter are all players that are still developing. Spencer has reached his potential and is what he his. He is a liability in space due to being an unatural athlete heading any direction other than foward and is extremely stiff hipped when asked to turn in pusuit. As a passrusher he has plays with leverage and has good hand fighting skills but lacks the agility and stop/start speed to get the the QB when they scramble around the pocket.

Ill even go out on a limb and say addressing the front seven should be a bigger priority in the draft the corner. If the success the Giants are having proves anything it is the fact that pressure masks inefficiencies in the secondary. With the CB depth in this years draft and the possibility of adding help in F/A I think Jerry can afford to wait until the third round to draft a corner. In a perfect world this is how they offseason would go for me:

Free Agency:
Nick Hardwick C, San Diego - Center play was the weakest link of this team imo. Garrett like Costa's toughness but he simply can't consistantly snap the ball well. Hardwick is a gritty player who brings an edge and experience to a line that is transitioning to youth.

Terrell Thomas CB, Giants / Carlos Rogers, SF - I give CDCB14 props for being the first one suggesting Thomas in the boards. If he is healthy he adds another press corner opposite of Jenkins for a relative inexpensive price. Carlos Rogers has been impressive all year and I doubt SF will let him go but would be my option 2.

Draft
Trade down into the 20's and add an extra 2nd round pick

Option A: Dontari Poe NT, Memphis- I honestly haven't can find enough tape of him to make a proper analysis but I've seen several scouting reports if scouts I respect that say he is very comparable to Phil Taylor.

Option B: Cordy Glenn OG, Georgia - Moving to tackle has hurt is stock this year. He is isn't built to combat edge rushes in space but if you let him battle in a phone booth he wins 99% of the time. Glenn is not as complete of a player as DeCasto but grades higher as a run blocker. Shaun Andrews potential.

Round 2 (first selection)

Option A: Kelechi Osemele OG, Iowa St - Shares some similarities with Glenn, both are better fits at guard but were forced outside to tackle, both are excellent run blockers and a load to handle in tight spaces. Glenn is slightly better in space imo.

Option B: Alameda Ta'amu NT, Washington- STRONG STRONG STONG guy still raw in terms of leverage and technique but takes well to coaching. He has only played the position for a couple of years was actually scouted as one of the best Guards in the country coming out of highschool.

Round 2 (second selection)
Option A: Jared Crick DE, Nebraska- has the ability to be special as a 5-Tech. He has good hand use in the trenches and an excellent closing burst, and pretty good wheels when pusuiting the ball carrier. Would be a lock for the first round hadn't it been for his injury.

Option B: Brandon Boykin CB, Georgia- Very good athlete with the ability to run with faster WR and the hops to contend with the larger ones. Plays smart and can contribute immediately in the nickle and special teams.
Your idea for trading down is sound. If you go with option a) you have addressed our NT and a large OG. Same if you go with option b). Smart. If you opt to get two NTs in the 1st and 2nd round you have a large DL, moving one NT to DE like the B'More Ravens with 330+ lbs DL. If you opt to get 2 huge OGs your rebuild the OL to the days of yester year with a huge line for Demarco and Felix to run through with 340+ lbs OL. OMG! The second selection in the 2nd round address a OLB imo. Considering secondary been address in FA, the trenches been addressed in the first 2 selections in the draft(possibly, depending on the strategy) sounds like the proper course of action. The only reason, I didn't suggest the Brandon Boykin in the second round, I don't what the salary cap hit is for T-Newman but with signing a CB in FA and having a large amount to Jenkins and Scandrick, alot of money would have been gone to a 2nd rounder, tying up our secondary with a lot of money still needing an OLB if Spenceer leaves. Just my opinion. But I really like the trade down idea. My only question is: Who is willing to give up a 1st & 2nd Round pick for the 14th overall pick?

According to www.Drafttek.com trading chart:

http://www.drafttek.com/tradechart.html

We could trade with either Atlanta (22/54 pick); Detroit (23/55); or Pittsburgh (24/56). Anything below that we would lose value of the pick.

Last edited by CowboyFan73 : 01-17-2012 at 09:01 AM.
CowboyFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone have any faith that Barry Church could come in and be a solid contributor as a starter at safety?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Does anyone have any faith that Barry Church could come in and be a solid contributor as a starter at safety?
Broaddus talked about this on his show. The problem with Church is the same issue with Sensy, they are good as a forward player. Our problem is that we don't have anyone at the safety position that has range and can cover ground going lateral or backwards.

So basically, we would be playing with two strong safeties. That's why I would like to go get Griffin. His game is diff than Sensy and he's got some range.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-17-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Broaddus talked about this on his show. The problem with Church is the same issue with Sensy, they are good as a forward player. Our problem is that we don't have anyone at the safety position that has range and can cover ground going lateral or backwards.

So basically, we would be playing with two strong safeties. That's why I would like to go get Griffin. His game is diff than Sensy and he's got some range.
Any idea what it's going to cost to get Griffin? Maybe similar to what Landry got last year? $10.5mi guaranteed? If that's the case, we've got close to $20mi in guaranteed money tied up in our safeties.

I know a lot of people are focused on Nicks, but a player like Grubbs might come a bit cheaper than Nicks. Then we might be able to afford Griffen and Grubbs. Granted then that doesn't afford much money to try and find another OLB or ILB.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Man, I have no idea what it will take to get Griffin, but I suspect that Landry deal is a pretty decent benchmark. You might be able to get a bit of a discount because he might want to come back home.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-17-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Man, I have no idea what it will take to get Griffin, but I suspect that Landry deal is a pretty decent benchmark. You might be able to get a bit of a discount because he might want to come back home.
A hometown discount would be great, but not a ton of players these days are willing to do that.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Guys, wanted to get everyone's temp on trading Dez. I've been a big defender, but I don't see these issues going away. What could we get?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys, wanted to get everyone's temp on trading Dez. I've been a big defender, but I don't see these issues going away. What could we get?
He's my favorite player and Jerry loves him. Please stop.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What issues? Because he was detained by police??? I think these trade Dez talks just need to end. It's not happening.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

The head to my Tony Romo bobble head fell off and broke the other day. Is this a sign?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The head to my Tony Romo bobble head fell off and broke the other day. Is this a sign?
Nah, my Emmitt Smith one has fallen off before. Didn't seem to bother him...
Old 01-18-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Two things:

1. Here is Broaddus' way to "Fix the Cowboys:"

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...-draft-defense

Pretty much agree with everything he said. CB and interior OL are priority, need depth and new blood at DE, ILB, safety.

2. I asked Broaddus if anyone in the organization is seriously talking about moving Dez, and he tweeted back at me saying this:

Quote:
@justsomegreek They will not move Bryant. He is yours. I talked to three GMs last week that regardless of talent would not make a move 4 him
So hopefully Dez isn't going anywhere, and he uses this as motivation to have a great off-season and it carries over into the season.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-18-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
What issues? Because he was detained by police??? I think these trade Dez talks just need to end. It's not happening.
I dunno maybe because it happens all the time with him?

Confrontation with authority figures?

Doing things he should not be doing in public?

* SMH, then they wonder how people can be Casey Anthony fans or OJ or Bernie Madoff. There are folks who pick their personal pets and make excuses for whatever behavior and whatever reason. No standards nowadays, no shame -- just ingratitude and selfishness. Heaven forbid you judge someone ... <gasp> ... for being a degenerate loser and acting like one. Sick society we live in. No wonder we have become a society of takers instead of makers.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 01-18-2012 at 04:44 PM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait.....what?

Are you seriously comparing Madoff, OJ, and Casey Anthony to....Dez Bryant...

Seriously?

LMAO! Come down off your pedestal my man. You were young and made bad decisions...so did I and many other posters on this board. I'm not in the least absolving Dez, he's got to be smarter than that.....but he literally hasn't done much but be young and immature. We're all guilty of that, unless of course you were holed up in a room your entire 20's.

If Dez can get through his 20's and the worst he can say he did was be late to a few meetings, run up his credit card, and lied to a couple teachers....well...he's lived a pretty decent life. It's to be seen on whether he does that or not, but these minor bumps are just that...minor bumps... If things go downhill, then yea, these bumps were the start of his regression, if they improve.....they'll be looked at as laughable immaturity issues, nothing more.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 01-18-2012 at 09:44 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dez Bryant

Ok he got into an arguement at a night club............That never happens to regular people.

He is a target I course he is going to get into this situations. What do you want him to do be home watching TV. He is a young man and going out is part of his life. I don't think it's anything to worry about. But like always because he is a cowboy the whole thing gets blown out of proportion.

He is a player......young and in mature...but we were all that at that age....
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Let's just move on from this non-sense talking about trading Dez.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
I dunno maybe because it happens all the time with him?

Confrontation with authority figures?

Doing things he should not be doing in public?

* SMH, then they wonder how people can be Casey Anthony fans or OJ or Bernie Madoff. There are folks who pick their personal pets and make excuses for whatever behavior and whatever reason. No standards nowadays, no shame -- just ingratitude and selfishness. Heaven forbid you judge someone ... <gasp> ... for being a degenerate loser and acting like one. Sick society we live in. No wonder we have become a society of takers instead of makers.
You took it kind of far there didn't you.

I'm not even upset, I'm just impressed you were able to correlate Dez's situation to the moral deterioration of society. That takes some skill. Maybe you should take a breath and go outside for a bit. Enjoy the sunshine, play with a puppy, catch a butterfly, do something jesus. Lighten the hell up.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dez worship is interesting. It's essentially all based on potenital.

He played essentially a full year, had less than 1000 yds receiving, seemingly disappeared during multiple games, was a non factor on punt returns (and worse, hurt field position a few times with bad decision making) and tellingly, rarely if ever took over a game.

He's a fine #2, but hasn't shown he can be great consistently. The trade talk is absurd, but it's not like we're talking trading Jerry Rice circa 1989 here.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's reported that Dez got into it with Lil Wayne at that Miami night club.

According to a source, the firm, which works with athletes and entertainers to help them purchase luxury items such as cars, yachts and vacation homes, is linked to Lil Wayne and his record label Young Money Entertainment.
Wayne and Young Money President Mack Maine and Cash Money Entertainment CEO Brian “Baby” Williams and their entourage were present and involved in the fracas with Bryant, the source said.

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane...l-wayne-fight/

This link has Jerry Jones stating that the debt had been paid earlier in the season:

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...paid-debt.html

Supposedly Lil Wayne's entourage was mocking Dez of his average season and his inability to pay his debts.

Last edited by crisco0710 : 01-19-2012 at 11:09 AM.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
The Dez worship is interesting. It's essentially all based on potenital.

He played essentially a full year, had less than 1000 yds receiving, seemingly disappeared during multiple games, was a non factor on punt returns (and worse, hurt field position a few times with bad decision making) and tellingly, rarely if ever took over a game.

He's a fine #2, but hasn't shown he can be great consistently. The trade talk is absurd, but it's not like we're talking trading Jerry Rice circa 1989 here.
I'm not Dez worshiping but I do think he had a pretty reasonable season for a 2nd year WR. He had 63 catches for 920 yards and 9 TDs. TO's second season was 60 catches for 938 yards and 8 TDs.

-Douglas MacArthur