Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-19-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are so extreme...

If you've ever defended Dez...you're "worshipping" him.

If you've ever knocked Dez...you're "hating on" him.

Again...He's a young, immature guy....with tons of potential. After 2 years in the league he's about where I think most WR's not named Randy Moss are. He's got ridiculous upside, and talk of trading him is ridiculous as he hasn't done anything off the field that's too ridiculous.

That about sums it up.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm not Dez worshiping but I do think he had a pretty reasonable season for a 2nd year WR. He had 63 catches for 920 yards and 9 TDs. TO's second season was 60 catches for 938 yards and 8 TDs.
People simply need to have some realistic expectations out of the guy. He out of football for a year. His rookie year was cut short due to an injury and no off-season program last year. Give the guy a full off-season program and see where he's at. I think he'll keep progressing.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I worship Dez.... but only because he's damn good.

Who thinks he's not? *shrugs*
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
People simply need to have some realistic expectations out of the guy. He out of football for a year. His rookie year was cut short due to an injury and no off-season program last year. Give the guy a full off-season program and see where he's at. I think he'll keep progressing.
I agree...

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said......... interesting.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the fuss? Some people relate talent to stats, so they look at Dez's numbers and think he's not as good as he should be. Are YOU that guy???

WR stats are greatly in part based off the QB throwing them the ball.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You took it kind of far there didn't you.

I'm not even upset, I'm just impressed you were able to correlate Dez's situation to the moral deterioration of society. That takes some skill. Maybe you should take a breath and go outside for a bit. Enjoy the sunshine, play with a puppy, catch a butterfly, do something jesus. Lighten the hell up.
I need to work to pay bills. I don't have people throwing money at me b/c I jump high or run fast. In addition, I don't live in welfare America with food stamps, section 8 housing and disability checks bouncing from bad job to bad job b/c I was too ignorant to do anything with myself when I should have been educating myself.

I am the dude that pays for all luxuries that trash rolling around society gets. So, you go play with your butterflies and when I tell you to "get my f*ing fries" or tip you to get off my porch after I tok the pizza -- please appreciate I am a bit pressed for time funding lots of people's "individuality" and their "rights." Have no time for your version of what I need to do.

So when someone as privilaged as Dez is constantly doing stupid things and people say "please don't judge the poor baby" -- it rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 01-19-2012 at 03:18 PM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What's the fuss? Some people relate talent to stats, so they look at Dez's numbers and think he's not as good as he should be. Are YOU that guy???

I know, Jerry rice sucked. He had two HOFers throwing him the ball in a pass happy offense.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
I need to work to pay bills. I don't have people throwing money at me b/c I jump high or run fast. In addition, I don't live in welfare America with food stamps, section 8 housing and disability checks bouncing from bad job to bad job b/c I was too ignorant to do anything with myself when I should have been educating myself.

I am the dude that pays for all luxuries that trash rolling around society gets. So, you go play with your butterflies and when I tell you to "get my f*ing fries" or tip you to get off my porch after I tok the pizza -- please appreciate I am a bit pressed for time funding lots of people's "individuality" and their "rights." Have no time for your version of what I need to do.

So when someone as privilaged as Dez is constantly doing stupid things and people say "please don't judge the poor baby" -- it rubs me the wrong way.
Please, continue. I always underestimate just how you can ridicule yourself.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Please, continue. I always underestimate just how you can ridicule yourself.
Example A: Poor sentence structure. Improper use of word ridicule. Funny and proves my point.

Ahem, Met, I want the tangy thai sauce with the nuggets please.

So to repeat Paul-- Dez is an idiot. That is why he will never amount to anything beyond an average player with above average talent.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Yes, stats do play a part in my evaluation. lol
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One could argue that there's been plenty of idiots in the NFL that still have had great careers. Look at all the trouble Irvin got into during his career. He still was a HOF'er. I'm not saying Dez will be a HOF caliber player, but he hasn't come close to the kind of trouble that Irvin had.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
One could argue that there's been plenty of idiots in the NFL that still have had great careers. Look at all the trouble Irvin got into during his career. He still was a HOF'er. I'm not saying Dez will be a HOF caliber player, but he hasn't come close to the kind of trouble that Irvin had.
^^^^^^^^ Yet.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Example A: Poor sentence structure. Improper use of word ridicule. Funny and proves my point.

Ahem, Met, I want the tangy thai sauce with the nuggets please.

So to repeat Paul-- Dez is an idiot. That is why he will never amount to anything beyond an average player with above average talent.
Wanna put a paypal bet on that? Dez will be much better than average. Just wait. He isn't what the media cracks him up to be. He loves football and works hard. You'll see. I believe in him.

Also, Garrett said they support Dez in every way today. They probably know the true story and it wasn't a big deal at all. Everyone knows how the media is these days.

Anyway, the new positional coaches got introduced today and Garrett talked to the media for a bit. He said that we will probably get an assistant secondary coach to replace Maxie, but he also said something intriguing. We know Garrett, and if he says anything besides flat out NO it means yes. A reporter asked him if they will flop Free and Smith, and he said "that is certainly a possibility." News we probably all have already assumed, but an answer like that from Garrett pretty much means yes.

He didn't say anything definitive about Ratliff moving to DE or possibly shifting to a 4-3. Something to keep an eye on.

Callahan said this about Carl Nicks:
Quote:
"At Nebraska, he was awfully talented," Callahan said. "He's really matured into the fine player he is today. He's dominant in every respect. I think that provides a lot of firmness in the pocket for Drew [Brees] to step up into. I got a lot of respect for Carl and how he's developed himself into a pro down in New Orleans. I have a friend who speaks very highly of him down there."

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-20-2012 at 12:08 AM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some under the radar free agents to keep an eye on are Dan Connor and Mike Adams. Dan Connor would be a great 3rd ILB but he might want to go start somewhere. Mike Adams is from cleveland so there are connections there, and he is a FS with decent range.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Here's the link to Garrett introducing Callahan and Henderson if anyone wants to watch:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...CA0AB48474CAA9

Not to be the optimistic "everything looks good when it's new" cliche fan, but Henderson sounds like a beast. Night and day compared to Campo. Intelligent, young mind. Hopefully it really helps our secondary. Preaching technique and discipline, which would do wonders in itself.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-19-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Some under the radar free agents to keep an eye on are Dan Connor and Mike Adams. Dan Connor would be a great 3rd ILB but he might want to go start somewhere. Mike Adams is from cleveland so there are connections there, and he is a FS with decent range.
Connor is one more concussion away from being a vegetable. No thanks on that one. And I'm a Penn Stater too.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You sure aren't confusing Dan Connor with Dan Morgan? Both white ILBs? Or is Dan Connor also a concussion magnet..
Old 01-20-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Here's the link to Garrett introducing Callahan and Henderson if anyone wants to watch:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...CA0AB48474CAA9

Not to be the optimistic "everything looks good when it's new" cliche fan, but Henderson sounds like a beast. Night and day compared to Campo. Intelligent, young mind. Hopefully it really helps our secondary. Preaching technique and discipline, which would do wonders in itself.
I'm unbelievably excited about the 2 new hires. Garrett/Houck showed us some absolutely putrid run plays. I'd even say incapable. The game really did pass them by. Callahan brings a fresh new vigor to our staff and I think our offense will flourish and restore confidence in the running game that has been missing, outside of some flashes by Demarco.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You sure aren't confusing Dan Connor with Dan Morgan? Both white ILBs? Or is Dan Connor also a concussion magnet..
Or maybe he's talking about Poz. Poz is incredible when not dizzy on the sidelines.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

On the Lunch Break today a fan called in about Paul Soliai, the NT from Miami. He was franchised by the Dolphins this past year and isn't looking like they are going to bring him back. He didn't have a pro-bowl type year so he shouldn't be too expensive. He's 6'4'' 355 and 28 years old. If we can get him for 3 million a year or less, i'm all for it. Not a pass rusher at all, but who cares. That's the mammoth we need.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On the Lunch Break today a fan called in about Paul Soliai, the NT from Miami. He was franchised by the Dolphins this past year and isn't looking like they are going to bring him back. He didn't have a pro-bowl type year so he shouldn't be too expensive. He's 6'4'' 355 and 28 years old. If we can get him for 3 million a year or less, i'm all for it. Not a pass rusher at all, but who cares. That's the mammoth we need.
He should be affordable. I wonder if A. Franklin would command more money? they both had down years, but Franklin was pretty good for SF.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Is it just me or do white guys get more concussions than black guys.. Poz, Dan Connor, Dan Morgan, Austin Collie, Colt McCoy, Jordan Shipley....
Old 01-20-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'll take him over Pouha who is 33.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
He should be affordable. I wonder if A. Franklin would command more money? they both had down years, but Franklin was pretty good for SF.
Aubrayo Franklin is 6'1' 315 and turning 32. Soliai is 6'4'' 355 and just turned 28. I'd rather have Soliai.

Also, On the Lunch Break they said Garrett was giving high praise to Arkin. This was basically a redshirt year so he might be ready to play next year if all he has done is lift all season.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-20-2012 at 03:40 PM.