Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-20-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quick question on the RG3 explanation...

"Based on the value chart that teams use it would cost the Browns their second round pick to move up a couple of spots and ensure they get Griffin"

But on the value chart...
Rams
2= 2600
Browns
4= 1800
37= 530
Total = 2330

That said ATL's 22nd pick the Browns own is valued at 780 which used instead of the 2nd rounder brings the total to 2580.

Think STL moves down to 4 from 2 for a 2nd even if the value isn't quite there?
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Glenn over Zeitler? I dunno I tend to lean towards Z as far as gaurds go, only #2 to DeCastro
i honestly like washington more than both, but ill remain patient to see if hes gonna shiit up the boards.

not a fan of zeitler, i know hes better than urbik but i have terrible terrible flashbacks and i cant help it.

konz over zeitler for sure though
Old 01-20-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNRunLeft View Post
Quick question on the RG3 explanation...

"Based on the value chart that teams use it would cost the Browns their second round pick to move up a couple of spots and ensure they get Griffin"

But on the value chart...
Rams
2= 2600
Browns
4= 1800
37= 530
Total = 2330

That said ATL's 22nd pick the Browns own is valued at 780 which used instead of the 2nd rounder brings the total to 2580.

Think STL moves down to 4 from 2 for a 2nd even if the value isn't quite there?
Probably not.

In my opinion if anything the value for the #2 selection should increase with their being a rookie wage scale now.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I really don't think Rodger Saffold is suited to play right tackle.
Back to this, at Left tackle you need the speed and athleticism to handle the opposing teams best pass rusher. Something Saffold is more than capable of, his struggles this year came against the bull rush, part because he's not as strong as you would like a left tackle to be but the main reason is because his technique is terrible and his hand use is garbage. Hopefully better coaching will fix this.

At Right Tackle you need to be more of a big mauling tackle. Something Saffold deffinetly is not.

At least that's what I think.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Scott, you're correct that the Jaguars only have one pass rusher of significance, but Aaron Kampman isn't even close to being that guy. Maybe it was just a typo?
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At Right Tackle you need to be more of a big mauling tackle. Something Saffold deffinetly is not.
Not really, depends on the style of offense, but that isn't what a RT "needs" to be. Look around the league, plenty of guys aren't big maulers. Heck, that usually results in poor pass protection. Coming out, Saffold was viewed as more of a RT or OG prospect.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good KC pick and my second favorite player in the draft.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't get much better than Burfict for Baltimore.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Floyd to Houston would look awesome but we rarely take chances with guys with off the field issues. Bob McNair loves his "pretty boys."
Old 01-20-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Not really, depends on the style of offense, but that isn't what a RT "needs" to be. Look around the league, plenty of guys aren't big maulers. Heck, that usually results in poor pass protection. Coming out, Saffold was viewed as more of a RT or OG prospect.
What does Jeff Fisher look for in Right Tackles? Or does it really matter?
Old 01-20-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love the Browns draft, so epic if that happens! I'm not even a Browns fan and I absolutely love it.

I'm really looking forward to the 2nd round of the mock where I can see which way the deck falls for the Falcons, but for now this is entertaining. Some picks in there I hate (which means it'd make good sense for the teams to pick them) such as Tampa Bay picking up Trent Richardson, I would loathe that, throw in Carolina actually finding a good DT, hate that too.

Patriots lucking out again in the draft would just make me want to pull my hair out, I despise them.

Overall really nice, some players I'm a bit surprised to see so high, but then again, when draft day gets here, we're always getting surprised =)
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that i would agree is the best case scenario for cleveland. to me though it seems inevitable at this point that RGIII ends up being the #2 overall pick and that Kendall Wright goes in between picks 10-20 and that he will be a major riser after workouts.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What does Jeff Fisher look for in Right Tackles? Or does it really matter?
Mike Munchak picked our lineman in drafts when Jeff was here.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post
Don't like Mercilus to the Titans, as it seems they have thrown enough talent at DE.
Tampa Bay was the only team with fewer sacks than the Tennessee Titans last year...

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post

Don't like Mercilus to the Titans, as it seems they have thrown enough talent at DE.
Besides Derrick Morgan who?
Old 01-20-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tru Dat about 49ers RG problem.

Snyder is very underwhelming.
Chilo is overwhelming in how someone could blow that bad at guard.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, Tennessee lost Babin and that hurt them a bit. They need to add a speed rusher to boost their QB pressure.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm going to have to get used to DTs getting mocked to the Panthers. I just don't think its going to happen. From the looks of it Hurney might be considering o-line with that pick. I hope it's Coples falls to them.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have a problem with wide receiver, I just have a problem with Jeffery. Spurrier's system has produced bust after bust at wide receiver. While Jeffery has better hands than Floyd and didn't get in trouble as much, his route running and ability to get separation is my biggest concern with him. I am also warming up to trading back for Sanu.
I also can live with Whitney Mercilus to get some nasty pass rush.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 01-20-2012 at 02:50 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely no way in heck the Texans would take a guy like Floyd, Bob McNair has a passion for running a clean organization and has passed on numerous players with off the field and attitude problems in the past. Kendall Wright makes a lot more sense.
Spaceboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy1 View Post
Absolutely no way in heck the Texans would take a guy like Floyd, Bob McNair has a passion for running a clean organization and has passed on numerous players with off the field and attitude problems in the past. Kendall Wright makes a lot more sense.
If only Wright were still available in Scott's mock. It would be interesting to see what McNair does. There is no denying AJ needing help out there.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy1 View Post
Err
Jonathon Joseph?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great KC pick
Old 01-20-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I'd prefer to grab Konz instead of Cox. Jenkins is a good pick for us, and great value.
Agreed.

Scott, do you think Konz to Pats as a realistic pick? Or is this just a Patriot fan's created hype/want?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Agreed.

Scott, do you think Konz to Pats as a realistic pick? Or is this just a Patriot fan's created hype/want?
I honestly like Ben Jones as a much better fit for the Pats.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote