Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-20-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I remember RE4 for PS2. EXCELLENT game, and I was never much a fan of that series.
I have it on Wii and it's freaking awesome. I will probably end up downloading it on my PS3 as well.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The HD version was pretty sweet. It looked great and came with a ton of extra content. That was a great way to spend a weeks free time. Good value at $20 too.

They really knocked it out of the park with that one, yeah. As I said before, I'm not sure any of the games they make will ever be as good as that one was. The atmosphere, visuals, and art direction were just perfect. It walked the line between being an action title and being a survival horror game perfectly.

Resident Evil 5 was a step in the wrong direction in terms of balancing those elements and this looks like more of the same...but the setting looks for less dull than the entire Africa thing. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get as into that entire thing as I was with the Eastern Europe villages and castles in RE. The characters, story, pacing, and writing were far better in that one too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Indigo Prophecy was on xbox and Ps2. I play it about once a year with the 360 backwards compatibility.
I toy with the idea of getting Indigo Prophecy on a near monthly basis. Having originally played it on the PC, how's it compare? I usually stop myself buying due to the nostalgia factor. I'm worried about ruining my wonderful memories of the game by getting the xbox version, then being underwhelmed and wondering what I was thinking back in the day.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may have a Quantic Dream bias...but the game holds up well still. And if you've played Heavy Rain, playing through Indigo Prophecy again is something else. Because it laid the ground work for it. Sure, the story goes to crap in the latter stages of the game...but it's one of my all-time favorites.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I may have a Quantic Dream bias...but the game holds up well still. And if you've played Heavy Rain, playing through Indigo Prophecy again is something else. Because it laid the ground work for it. Sure, the story goes to crap in the latter stages of the game...but it's one of my all-time favorites.
Yeah I got a PS3 almost exclusively for Heavy Rain (and NCAA). I think i'm sold, been waiting for a long time for an excuse to just do it...think it's time. It's one of the few games ever that the horrific ending had not soured my liking of a game... i'm looking squarely in your direction fable 2! just thinking about it makes me :(
Old 01-21-2012, 03:04 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who all has 2K12? Island boy and I teamed up for a few games tonight. It was pretty fun...we should get a crew together.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-21-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
I toy with the idea of getting Indigo Prophecy on a near monthly basis. Having originally played it on the PC, how's it compare? I usually stop myself buying due to the nostalgia factor. I'm worried about ruining my wonderful memories of the game by getting the xbox version, then being underwhelmed and wondering what I was thinking back in the day.
This is basically what I'm going through with MGS2 on the HD remake for 360.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
This is basically what I'm going through with MGS2 on the HD remake for 360.
I played MGS2 and thought the game was seriously over-rated when it was new on the PS2.

MGS are among my least favorite games of all time.

edit: Dear Irrational Games, please hurry up with BioShock Infinite. At least announce a release date for me.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So who all has 2K12? Island boy and I teamed up for a few games tonight. It was pretty fun...we should get a crew together.
I have it. We're probably the only three.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got a $50 giftcard to bestbuy. Any games that just came out or are coming out soon that are worth buying? I was thinking of waiting for UFC 3 or getting either WWE 12 or Ultimate MvC3 now. I really want a fighting game. I was thinking about Fight Night, but I just don't want a boxing game.

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 01-21-2012 at 02:28 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Just got a $50 giftcard to bestbuy. Any games that just came out or are coming out soon that are worth buying? I was thinking of waiting for UFC 3 or getting either WWE 12 or Ultimate MvC3 now. I really want a fighting game. I was thinking about Fight Night, but I just don't want a boxing game.
I'd hold onto it. **** is about to get real in the next few months.

Kingdoms of Amalur, ME3, and others are about to tear your time away.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Kingdoms of Amalur
First time I've heard of that game...

edit: And I'm among the biggest game nerds here. (I'd imagine... but I could be wrong)
Old 01-21-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
First time I've heard of that game...

edit: And I'm among the biggest game nerds here. (I'd imagine... but I could be wrong)
If its the first time you've heard of it than you're slacking

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'd hold onto it. **** is about to get real in the next few months.

Kingdoms of Amalur, ME3, and others are about to tear your time away.
I am not that big a fan of RPGs and KoA didn't look that good. I also did not like the earlier ME games so I will not be getting ME3

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
If its the first time you've heard of it than you're slacking
Yeah. Kind of shocked it was an E3 game too...

Really never heard of it somehow.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a demo up for it. It's pretty freaking good, actually. Not perfect by any means, but it's basically a luxury version of Fable with deeper RPG elements.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-21-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I have it. We're probably the only three.
I have it as well.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Do you guys play it online? I'm pretty sure SABF has it also.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-23-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call of Duty is terrible the only redeeming quality ever was zombies
Old 01-23-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news for me now that i goy my orignal xbox working my cousin does have this game so I can try it for free. I'm sure I will love it since I did heavy rain.

Quote:
Indigo Prophecy was on xbox and Ps2. I play it about once a year with the 360 backwards compatibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
Quote:
Old 01-24-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Details about the release date of The Witcher 2 are coming out in a few days. I want to play it as soon as I can, but I'm going to need to find about $200 for games over the next couple of months between Reckoning, Mass Effect 3, and that one. I really hope they wait to release it a little bit because it's going to be a tough release window with those games coming out. Having played a bit of it on a friends PC already, I can say it's the type of game that deserves commercial success.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-24-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've heard, the Witcher 2 is pretty fantastic - I hope the port translates well.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The leaked press demos looked pretty damn good. It's running really smooth and the graphics look great as well. It will be a hard to choose between that and Reckoning next month if they choose to release them. Normally, I would just credit card both/straight out buy them...but I'm saving up for a trip in March so I can't be as loosey goosey with cash as I usually am :/

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-24-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So borrowing Skyrim and Dark Souls from my roommates soon. Goodbye all spare time I have. Thinking about trading in MW3 for something else but not really sure what I'd trade it in for. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you guys play it online? I'm pretty sure SABF has it also.

Hate playing 1 v 1, but a team up would be cool.