Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-20-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It tears at my very soul to see DeCastro taken with Oakland's former pick.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like B.Jones as well, actually.
I'd just like to see an upgrade at the C position who can also hold his own against 34 NT's.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Besides Derrick Morgan who?
Woops, little slip on my part. Not exactly the biggest expert on the titans, I thought they were one DE away not two.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Err
Jonathon Joseph?
He has been clean for like 5 years hasn't he? The only thing I can think of was his arrest his rookie year for possession of marijuana.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
He has been clean for like 5 years hasn't he? The only thing I can think of was his arrest his rookie year for possession of marijuana.
Well Im just pointing out that they dont COMPLETELY disregard transgressions.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I like B.Jones as well, actually.
I'd just like to see an upgrade at the C position who can also hold his own against 34 NT's.
Granted a stud center who can control the middle and push 3-4 NT's is nice, but really hard to find. I just feel more confident in the technically sound guy like Konz over the possibility that Jones brings. That being said, I have a feeling Konz is gone by the Pats pick, and picking a center later. I would much rather the Pats spend on defense first. Especially if we can get Jones in the third. I also like taking a late round flyer on Petrus out of UConn as a developmental guy.

Also, isn't it advantageous for a center to be on the short side? In that case, Ben Jones rises as a pick.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think New England is in perfect position to get either Konz in round one, or Brewster or Jones in round two. They can move up and down in the draft as well as any team in the league with trades to target guys that they want.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns GM Heckert has stated before that he believes in getting talent at CB, DE, and OT first. They need DE help, and Sheldon Brown is not a #2 CB. They're only saying that they're interested in Griffin to raise up the price on the pick.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone thinks the Browns don't want and won't try to get a franchise QB this offseason then they are fooling themselves. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are guaranteed to trade up for Griffin, but they'll try to get a QB one way or another. Heckert never had to pick QBs high in Philly b/c he had McNabb in his prime....and still he took Kevin Kolb in round two when he was there. Every team in the league values a franchise QB over any other position in the league by leaps and bounds and would NEVER pass on one if they felt they didn't have one.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
If anyone thinks the Browns don't want and won't try to get a franchise QB this offseason then they are fooling themselves. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are guaranteed to trade up for Griffin, but they'll try to get a QB one way or another. Heckert never had to pick QBs high in Philly b/c he had McNabb in his prime....and still he took Kevin Kolb in round two when he was there. Every team in the league values a franchise QB over any other position in the league by leaps and bounds and would NEVER pass on one if they felt they didn't have one.
But he's never drafted one in the first. Just because they value QBs, doesn't mean they value them over every other position. Tannehill will be there in the 2nd.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kalil is a great pick for the Rams at #2, but 99.9% chance they trade down. Let the RG3 bidding begin.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not a fan of the miami pick at all. While I understand the need at the position, too much money has been spent on the Oline (4 picks there this year already). Plus we can get a right tackle later on in the draft very easily in this deep oline draft.

Upshaw makes far more sense as the key to a defense in this league is a killer pass rush. THis is specially considering we have tom brady in our division. The way to defeat the pats has always been to put pressure on brady with your first group of players. We need to get an elite pass rusher opposite of Wake.

Floyd also makes sense to add another weapon in this heavy pass first league. Considering the Philbin signing and the possibility now of Flynn being their choice ( not a fan of flynn but whatever).

Plain and simple a right tackle is not valuable enough for us there.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
Not a fan of the miami pick at all. While I understand the need at the position, too much money has been spent on the Oline (4 picks there this year already). Plus we can get a right tackle later on in the draft very easily in this deep oline draft.

Upshaw makes far more sense as the key to a defense in this league is a killer pass rush. THis is specially considering we have tom brady in our division. The way to defeat the pats has always been to put pressure on brady with your first group of players. We need to get an elite pass rusher opposite of Wake.

Floyd also makes sense to add another weapon in this heavy pass first league. Considering the Philbin signing and the possibility now of Flynn being their choice ( not a fan of flynn but whatever).

Plain and simple a right tackle is not valuable enough for us there.

I don't think Floyd is an optimal choice. I think he will want to build the offense with good but not great receivers, just a lot of them. I think having Marshall and a bunch more complementary guys will the best going forward. I see them picking up a good second round receiver like Randall out of LSU.

If you know you can fill out your receivers later in the draft, you have to use your premium picks elsewhere where you feel less confident getting pieces later.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
raynman
Rookie

raynman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.raynman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.raynman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.raynman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.raynman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.raynman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.raynman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.raynman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.raynman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.raynman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.raynman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i will never understand the love affair with trying to force tight ends to denver, but i like the dennard pick there.
as long as fox is there don't expect the TE to be anything close to significant.

i don't care how useful they could be or how much they would help tebow, fox doesn't believe in them.
raynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i kinda like Konz, but the giants need more of a right tackle if we don't believe in brewster to replace McKenzie. Or a left tackle to move Diehl to right since beatty blows. With Snee/Baas/Petrus (whom maybe Giants fans like more than the FO, but still) the interior OL seems strong. We wont look to replace Baas after giving him all that money, unless we shift him to guard.

I don't like us passing up Taze. He'd be an animal for us.

Also, no Sanu round one? :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be a long mock season for the Eagles. Kuechly to Philly is the kind of pick everyone locks into their mocks for months and then it doesn't happen and the rest of your first round gets shaken up.

I'm still looking for Andy to go DT, but if DeSean leaves WR is far and above our biggest need, even with Maclin. FA will probably bring a new LB to Philly because Andy really can't afford to spend a 1st on one after all of these years of neglect in what may be his final chance here.

Just letting everyone know, start making a short-list of other players you'd mock to Philly with Kuechly on the board, it doesn't seem like anyone really has any idea otherwise. Personally, I'm firmly on the Kendall Wright to Philly bandwagon and believe we are in the perfect position to pick him.

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 01-21-2012 at 05:07 PM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
Gonna be a long mock season for the Eagles. Kuechly to Philly is the kind of pick everyone locks into their mocks for months and then it doesn't happen and the rest of your first round gets shaken up.

I'm still looking for Andy to go DT, but if DeSean leaves WR is far and above our biggest need, even with Maclin. FA will probably bring a new LB to Philly because Andy really can't afford to spend a 1st on one after all of these years of neglect in what may be his final chance here.

Just letting everyone know, start making a short-list of other players you'd mock to Philly with Kuechly on the board, it doesn't seem like anyone really has any idea otherwise. Personally, I'm firmly on the Kendall Wright to Philly bandwagon and believe we are in the perfect position to pick him.
I totally agree with your thought process on WR, but I would rather take Floyd if we go that route. We can always get a deep threat/return man in the mid to late rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Browns GM Heckert has stated before that he believes in getting talent at CB, DE, and OT first. They need DE help, and Sheldon Brown is not a #2 CB. They're only saying that they're interested in Griffin to raise up the price on the pick.
I disagree with the bolded part, as they would not be the ones benefitting from a trade. It doesn't make sense for them to act like they want griffin to raise the prcie, as it will only generate a trade for the Rams or Vikings.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Well Im just pointing out that they dont COMPLETELY disregard transgressions.
I think they disregarded it completely with Joseph because he has been clean for 5 years and has shown he learned from it.

Floyd on the other hand, got arrested within the year. Plus, no one can say that possession of marijuana is worse than a DUI like what Floyd got. Plus it was his 3rd run in with the law over alcohol in 2-3 years.

He is also giving coaches less of a chance to see his character by turning down the Senior Bowl invite. He is a great talent no doubt, but it would be interested to see what Bob McNair does if Floyd is still on the board come draft day.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 01-22-2012 at 01:07 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I disagree with the bolded part, as they would not be the ones benefitting from a trade. It doesn't make sense for them to act like they want griffin to raise the prcie, as it will only generate a trade for the Rams or Vikings.
What they get in the trade is what's going to benefit them. Griffin probably isn't going to turn them into a contender right away. Taking the risk on the couple future first round picks would be like drafting Griffin. If Griffin doesn't pan out, it'll set them back.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

I really wish people would stop mocking Coples to us.

I know it's a mock and doesn't mean anything, but c'mon now...
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Diego needs to find a pass rush, but I just don't see Ingram as a good fit for us at OLB. Sure, he gets good pressure, but can he drop into coverage at all? If he were a Merriman-type of impact player (when Merriman made an impact haha) I might see it. Not sure he's that guy at all.

Personally, I'd much prefer to see Poe drop, grab an upgrade at ROT, or take a shot on Perry.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funguy View Post
San Diego needs to find a pass rush, but I just don't see Ingram as a good fit for us at OLB. Sure, he gets good pressure, but can he drop into coverage at all? If he were a Merriman-type of impact player (when Merriman made an impact haha) I might see it. Not sure he's that guy at all.

Personally, I'd much prefer to see Poe drop, grab an upgrade at ROT, or take a shot on Perry.
The pass rush will be back next season with Liuget and Castillo back from their injuries.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:55 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since the Vikings are sticking with the Tampa 2, unfortunately, i don't know how likely it would be for them to pick a cover corner like Claiborne at #3. I see them trying to address the cb position in the mid rounds.

If Kalil is gone, i seriously hope they are able to trade down in the RGIII sweepstakes.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Bald_81
Rookie

Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a minor correction for the analysis given for the Rams selection:

Tyron Smith was taken with the ninth overall pick, not the tenth.
Bald_81 is offline   Reply With Quote