Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-22-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't give a **** about who, what, or how right now. All that matters is none of the Pats are going to the Pro Bowl next week. That's all I ask for every year :D.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a classic.
The best thing about this one is this:

We won without good Tom Brady.
Every time tom has had a bad game we lose. We squeaked this one out.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's hope that means we get a firey motivated Brady for the superbowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was weird how Brady had such a bad game. The Ravens pass rush was Non-existent.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Let's hope that means we get a firey motivated Brady for the superbowl.
That's what I'm hoping. It is hard to believe Brady will have two ****** playoff games in a row.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A healthy Gronk would go a long way in helping that.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm 100% sure he just has a sprain. They x-rayed needled him and taped him and sent him back.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-22-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Understatement of the year lol
I hope he's 100% for Indy. Glad to see him come back though.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys!!!
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
It was weird how Brady had such a bad game. The Ravens pass rush was Non-existent.
The Ravens are a really good team in all phases of the defense, so if they can't get their typically elite rush, they make up for it with their coverage and run stopping ability.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

I love we're playing in a dome next.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-22-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good.

The Ravens played us exactly the way that I expected them to and the way they have in the past. We certainly had a few things go our way. I'm amazed he were able to squeak by there with Brady basically crumbling for whatever reason. Sterling Moore is the hero of the game, along with Wilfork.

Let's just hope Gronk is a quick healer. He got back in there, but it was clearly more for his blocking abilities than sending him down field.

I have about a million more thoughts, but I'm trying to chase an awful tension headache that the game gave me away.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-22-2012 at 07:01 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good.

The Ravens played us exactly the way that I expected them to and the way they have in the past. We certainly had a few things go our way. I'm amazed he were able to squeak by there with Brady basically crumbling for whatever reason. Sterling Moore is the hero of the game, along with Wilfork.

Let's just hope Gronk is a quick healer. He got back in there, but it was clearly more for his blocking abilities than sending him down field.

I have about a million more thoughts, but I'm trying to chase an awful tension headache that the game gave me away.
I worry about you EE. lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-22-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A shout out to Spikes as,well. I love him in our scheme.
Great blitzer, brings the hammer and add in an INT on top of that.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a great play, yeah. Shame it was followed up by bombing it to Slater with two guys in the area code. The Ravens have a great defense, but that was one of a few "what the hell Brady" plays that I had no idea about. You could tell their defense prepared a whole lot better than our offense did. They were literally everywhere we wanted to go.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-22-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yea, such a bad throw. It seems like Brady has nightmares about the Ravens and plays shook.
Dare I say "rattled" ?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Like I said, I think they prepared better than we did. I wasn't in love with the gameplan we had to attack them overall, between that and the playcalling. Even when we were moving the ball early, the plays were taking too long to develop and everything just looked out of sync. We never really adjusted either, partially because we didn't do much with our possessions, but I still expected the team to come out in the second half and play better.

On the matter of playcalling and preparation, that play before the two minute warning where we gave it to Lawfirm was freaking awful. It looked like we thought the clock would run down before we had to get a play off and then just sort of called something in a hurry. We didn't look ready to run it, as Lawfirm took his time getting up field and the line looked sort of surprised. Just poor execution. That type of stuff in a tight game where first downs are crucial just suck.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-22-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spikes had a great pick after getting hammered by Leach a few plays before. That pick by Brady on the deep throw to Slater was a definite head scratcher, if we just ran the ball and sprinkled in some intermediate and short throws that game could have been close to over right there.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

....and then there's the elephant in the room. If he hits Gronk, completely different game.

Those floaty passes were weird too. I really hope we stop trying to throw to Edelman from now on though, seems like something happens bad every time. Might as well just move him to defensive back full time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-22-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'm with EE. I love that we won but it certainly feels a bit, dare I say it, undeserving? I mean maybe thats too harsh of a term, but Brady played very very poorly, and we got very lucky on more than one occasion (Which is sort of a theme when we play the Ravens close). Really strange to see the defense save the day for us, never would had thought that coming in but I'm glad Wilfork and company came to play. Got to hope Brady comes out with a fire in two weeks after acknowledging how poorly he played today.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm with EE. I love that we won but it certainly feels a bit, dare I say it, undeserving? I mean maybe thats too harsh of a term, but Brady played very very poorly, and we got very lucky on more than one occasion (Which is sort of a theme when we play the Ravens close). Really strange to see the defense save the day for us, never would had thought that coming in but I'm glad Wilfork and company came to play. Got to hope Brady comes out with a fire in two weeks after acknowledging how poorly he played today.
No its true. I would enjoy this much more if we had've won solidly. Which I think the two picks, woodhead fumble and missed gronk TD would've helped with. We played really bad offensive football. Part of that was the Ravens, but we cannot have these lapses anymore.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-22-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

There was just a deer in the headlights look to the offense all day. We moved the ball better than we did in the Jets game, but it both felt and looked similar. I really, really feel like that's preparation. It might not be fair to since we'll never know, but part of me wonders if O'Brien trying to balance two different jobs and trying to piece together a semblance of a recruiting class in the midst of all that scandal. You can't say that 100%, but god damn was something just off.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-22-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Brady just plays terribly against the Ravens is all I'm hoping that it was.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

With that in mind, I'm not sure which team I want more out of these two. The 49ers are similar to the Ravens in some ways, with slightly less interior pressure and better linebacker play. Aldon Smith is a monster in passing situations too and they can bring him from all over the place.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-22-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

welcome to the superbowl boys! hopefully we can win a 4th :)

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote