Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-22-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, one more is all I ask for.

Ok, that's a lie. We win this one and I'll want a 5th. But really, just this one would be so freaking cool. We deserve it after all the **** we've been through since 2007.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
With that in mind, I'm not sure which team I want more out of these two. The 49ers are similar to the Ravens in some ways, with slightly less interior pressure and better linebacker play. Aldon Smith is a monster in passing situations too and they can bring him from all over the place.
Ravens have a considerably better passing attack though.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, one more is all I ask for.

Ok, that's a lie. We win this one and I'll want a 5th. But really, just this one would be so freaking cool. We deserve it after all the **** we've been through since 2007.

Really?

Oh and the reason I came in here was to say grats guys, it's going to be a fun Superbowl!
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
Ravens have a considerably better passing attack though.
Hmm...hmm. The Ravens have better receivers for sure, but I actually still really like what Alex Smith is able to do. I think we're less threatened down the field with Smith, but getting into another thing I was going to mention a bit; Flacco really exposed the fact that we have a bunch of big fat guys on the defensive line on those rollouts. Alex is even better there, with the ability to tuck it down and take off on occasion.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-22-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post

Really?
No, not really. We're spoiled haha. I'm aware of that. But it would be great to see one more with Brady and BB before they ride off into the sunset in a few years. So we don't "deserve it", but it would be a great way to chase away some stuff. One of the more embarrassing losses in football history, a year of prime Brady stolen from us, and some really bad playoff loses....all with success of course, but it's just been tough from our perspective with how close we've been.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-22-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would much rather take on the 49ers and Alex Smith than the Giants pass rush, Eli and all his Wrs that would rape us all night and day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, not really. We're spoiled haha. I'm aware of that. But it would be great to see one more with Brady and BB before they ride off into the sunset in a few years. So we don't "deserve it", but it would be a great way to chase away some stuff. One of the more embarrassing losses in football history, a year of prime Brady stolen from us, and some really bad playoff loses....all with success of course, but it's just been tough from our perspective with how close we've been.
Boston fans and their damn legends! :P

I've been rooting for the Patriots, but I have to admit that I almost don't want them to win the Superbowl. The only reason is that I'm afraid if he does win, it will end the debate on which quarterback is best of this generation and I don't ever want that debate to end :P
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I would much rather take on the 49ers and Alex Smith than the Giants pass rush, Eli and all his Wrs that would rape us all night and day.
Don't underestimate how nasty that 49ers defense is. They can really, really play some high level football. We saw how tricky it is to get around an elite defense today. The Giants may have the hotter overall pass rush right now, but I actually like our matchups in the secondary more on them. They aren't as good of a tackling team as San Francisco is. ...and the 9ers can get after the passer plenty too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-22-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just snapped out of my Patriot induced coma...all I have to say is **** yeah!

Bring on whoever!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So right now looks like we have a Pats Giants rematch. Was there really any other way we wanted it? BB and Brady better be getting this team ******* ready.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been hoping for this. It will be a hard fought game but I do like our offense's chances against NYG better than SF.

Cruz is going to eat us alive though.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

If we dont come up fired up and ready to kill this team, we don't deserve to win. Because seriously I am very worried about the Giants offense against us.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-22-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants scare me. We better not ******* lose to the same team in the Super Bowl though.
That'd be the worst.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm not going to lie; part of me wants this. I think I would feel a hell of a lot better running up the 07 team in this one though, haha. But there's a lot of to be apprehensive about too. That defensive line is going to give us problems and they'll be able to pass and score on us.

I'm also not looking forward to the media coverage.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-22-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is our chance. Couldn't ask for a better opportunity than this.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously there is nothing more any Patriots player, coach, or fan has wanted more than beating the Giants in the Super Bowl. We have to win.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not going to lie; part of me wants this. I think I would feel a hell of a lot better running up the 07 team in this one though, haha. But there's a lot of to be apprehensive about too. That defensive line is going to give us problems and they'll be able to pass and score on us.

I'm also not looking forward to the media coverage.
The DL will certainly cause problems. But I really think the 9ers D would be more dangerous. The OL has played well so that is encouraging.

Eli+Cruz+Nicks etc scare me more than their defense.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants are Patriot kryptonite. That doesn't bode well, and now we have to relive 2007 all over again.

On the bright side Brady played horrible yet we still won. And since we're a culture of NOW: The media and football fans are going to be genuflecting all over the Giant's jockstraps. Pats are going to be reamed in the media, and for whatever reason that always seems to light a fire under this team.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Eli threw the ball a ton today, but also got sacked 6+ times. Hopefully we can get some pressure on him, the D-line has done a decent job of generating some pressure these last two games. Also the 9ers really put some hits on Eli, Nicks (separated shoulder I heard?) and Cruz so it's wishful thinking from a Pats homer to hope maybe they'll be a bit banged up lol. Ugh I can't sleep idk how I am going to wait two whole weeks for this game. I'm already getting my anxiety back thinking about what would happen if we lose again.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 05:08 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was a great play, yeah. Shame it was followed up by bombing it to Slater with two guys in the area code. The Ravens have a great defense, but that was one of a few "what the hell Brady" plays that I had no idea about. You could tell their defense prepared a whole lot better than our offense did. They were literally everywhere we wanted to go.
That was Bill O Brien's work. Calling a play action where the go man was Matthew Slater could not have been dumber. The Ravens are too disciplined.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:36 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who else is looking forward to feasting their eyes upon the most glorious, confetti-obscured Manning face of all time? Kind of like this, but inconceivably more satisfying:

Old 01-23-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I a bad fan for thinking that the Giants should be favorites in the Super Bowl?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think so. In the regular season game that we lost, Brady had 2 INTs and a fumble. Giants were without Bradshaw and Hicks. I know I'm tempering my expectations. Going to do my best to avoid media coverage for the next two weeks too :)
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Am I a bad fan for thinking that the Giants should be favorites in the Super Bowl?
No.
But we are winning this superbowl. Cant you guys just feel that its fate? All football talk aside gotta know this was gonna happen and we're going to win.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-23-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've already accepted the fact that we're going to lose to the Giants.... This way I won't be as disappointed when we lose.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote