Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'd rather get a Mike Wallace-type guy in the draft.
Your right. Everything is too condensed to the middle of the field. Need a burner to stretch it out. Question is do we dip into free agency or move up like ATL and grab a Julio Jones. Could also make a run at Carl Nicks and beef up the offensive line.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Niners drafting style has been rather clear for a long time: sit and wait unless you are worried you won't get "your guy." I would wait to see what workouts/pro days the Niners attend, as they have attended the workout of or brought in every 1st & 2nd rounder for the past few years.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 01-22-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Your right. Everything is too condensed to the middle of the field. Need a burner to stretch it out. Question is do we dip into free agency or move up like ATL and grab a Julio Jones. Could also make a run at Carl Nicks and beef up the offensive line.
Carl Nicks isn't going anywhere. I think we are MAYBE getting one big free agent and that is it. It looks like Baalke and Harbaugh are doing things like Green Bay does them, and that is building through the draft and not throwing money at high priced free agents.

We're going to have Josh Morgan back, so that is a plus. Wallace would be nice, but I'm just not that sold on him. I'm always weary about free agent wide receivers. It only seems to work out like 10% of the time.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
We're going to have Josh Morgan back, so that is a plus. Wallace would be nice, but I'm just not that sold on him. I'm always weary about free agent wide receivers. It only seems to work out like 10% of the time.
Mike Wallace isnt a free agent, I was just referring to the type of WR I wish the Niners had.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carl Nicks isn't going anywhere. I think we are MAYBE getting one big free agent and that is it. It looks like Baalke and Harbaugh are doing things like Green Bay does them, and that is building through the draft and not throwing money at high priced free agents.

Saints may use franchise tag on Brees so we could have a shot. Yeah free agent receivers rarely work out. I wanna say sign a few cheap WRs but the Edwards signing really backfired and SF was left with no depth.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like your going to hurt my feelings if you dont read my post....really? But I did edit it so I threw you a bone, for what its worth...
Old 01-22-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saints may use franchise tag on Brees so we could have a shot. Yeah free agent receivers rarely work out. I wanna say sign a few cheap WRs but the Edwards signing really backfired and SF was left with no depth.
They are not going to franchise Brees. Like Brees is even entertaining the idea of leaving a offense he is so comfortable in and sets records with. He'll be back, just a matter of when. Honestly, I wasn't very impressed with Nicks when we played them. He got owned several times and he seems like just a power guard, ala Rachal but with better techinque. Same brutal feet though. I understand it was just one game but I was surprised by how easily he loses leverage and gave up interior pressure. I'd like to get a big guy a RG who is athletic, but still has pretty good power. Feet is the key. With as much as we ask our OGs to do, you can't just be a power guy.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alot of blame to go around in this game, but I will comment on what frustrated me most...

Did you see how easily Cruz found soft spots to get open? Even that rookie from New Orleans was able to do it last week. And they are doing it against an elite defense.

I just long for the team to have a receiver that just gets open. I love Crabtree, but clearly he's not that type, at least not yet. It's painful to watch the combination of an inconsistent QB scrambling to find openings to throw to that just don't exist.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
They are not going to franchise Brees. Like Brees is even entertaining the idea of leaving a offense he is so comfortable in and sets records with. He'll be back, just a matter of when. Honestly, I wasn't very impressed with Nicks when we played them. He got owned several times and he seems like just a power guard, ala Rachal but with better techinque. Same brutal feet though. I understand it was just one game but I was surprised by how easily he loses leverage and gave up interior pressure. I'd like to get a big guy a RG who is athletic, but still has pretty good power. Feet is the key. With as much as we ask our OGs to do, you can't just be a power guy.
He's not looking to leave but he wants to be paid and contract talks have been dragged out. If deal gets dragged out they maybe forced to use the tag by the deadline.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No high priced free agent receivers.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Also I like Anthony Dixon but he is the 49ers version of Brandon Jacobs. Two shots on 2nd/3rd and one and he gets stuffed. 49ers were close to cutting him earlier this season and I think it happens this offseason.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Also I like Anthony Dixon but he is the 49ers version of Brandon Jacobs. Two shots on 2nd/3rd and one and he gets stuffed. 49ers were close to cutting him earlier this season and I think it happens this offseason.
My homerism prays that we take Cyrus Gray.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

This is hilarious.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

I love the postgame show. Larry Krueger just said he would trade Crabtree for a 3rd round pick. What a clown. I'm pissed off (and drinking) but that's just a joke.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I'm pissed off (and drinking)
I am getting ******* wasted tonight, moreso than when the Giants ******* won the WS. This one stings.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dixon is fine. The line gave up interior pressure. They had Justin Smith in at TE(I hope they scrap all these defensive guys in on offense to block. Just Ice, that's it) and he completely whiffed on his block and the play was a disaster from there. Remember he was a shoe string tackle away from breaking off a long run. He'll be back. Wouldnt surprise me if we kept 4 RBs on the active roster next year. He's a good ST's player too.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I love the postgame show. Larry Krueger just said he would trade Crabtree for a 3rd round pick. What a clown. I'm pissed off (and drinking) but that's just a joke.
Didn't he get fired from KNBR for racism?

Quote:
Old 01-22-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

By the way I hope this isn't the end for Gore. He might be done after all the wear and tear though.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Biggest thing for me, play-calling. I'm just miffed at all the shotgun on 3rd and short. We're in shotgun on almost every 3rd down, no matter the distance or where we are on the field. Shotgun on 3rd and 3, from inside the 10 yard line? That reeks of the Martz days. 3rd and 2 and we're in shotgun.....just dont understand what they dont see when they look at our 3rd down conversion rate and keep thinking that doing the same thing will work.....eventually. Out of all the good Jimbaugh did this year, that's the one area I think he(along with Roman) dropped the ball. I don'tunderstand how you can have creativity on every other down excpet the one where you need it the most. Play-calling has to be better in this area going foward.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
By the way I hope this isn't the end for Gore. He might be done after all the wear and tear though.
He's really missed that burst this year, and did you notice how many times he had to tap out of the game? He's worn down, they need someone to help out. Hopefully, Hunters steps up next year, he's got some serious burst. I love the guy.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He's really missed that burst this year, and did you notice how many times he had to tap out of the game? He's worn down, they need someone to help out. Hopefully, Hunters steps up next year, he's got some serious burst. I love the guy.
Yeah, I think a off-season in a NFL strength and conditioning program should improve his power and balance. He's just too small to trust with too many inside runs right now. But hopefully he has a great off-season and comes back bigger and better.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Didn't he get fired from KNBR for racism?
He dropped a "brain-dead Caribbean hitters hacking at slop nightly" when talking about the Giants hitters. SMH
Old 01-23-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Yeah, I think a off-season in a NFL strength and conditioning program should improve his power and balance. He's just too small to trust with too many inside runs right now. But hopefully he has a great off-season and comes back bigger and better.
I think the problem is we rested Gore for this point in the season. The final 8 games he only cracked 20+ carries 3 times. He also got the week off with the playoff bye and still looked to be worn down. Granted he finished with 282 carries but he looks to be declining.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just so upset how we lost the dam game today just grr. A bad fumble by Williams I hope he loses sleep over that one. I was listening to the game on Radio since I was work and was just at aww in pissed off mode.Lucky held my cool until I got off and now drinking like some of you. I am also very disappointed in how our offense performed the way the stats looked I don't know if it is still our QB problem who has no arm or the play calling or both or even our Wide outs just sucking so bad in big games. So I dunno how our draft session will go into I just hope we draft more then one wide out early in the first round and maybe to at 5/6th round after we address the defense more. End of rant ......
Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How many big wide receivers get great separation? And who did you have in mind?
They separate vertically; something we don't really have on this team. Vernon is the closest with ability and we use him on seam routes and deep outs most of the time. A taller WR would open up more opps for VD and Crabs, etc. in the redzone.

Many teams use tall targets with leaping ability to help in the red zone and on 3rd downs.
See:
Fitzgerald, Larry
Graham, Jimmy and Colston, Marques
Johnson, Calvin
Jackson, Vincent and Floyd, Malcom
Burress, Plaxico

The list goes on but you get it I'm sure. I'm not saying I necessarily want these guys (most would be very difficult to obtain) but I'd like someone with their type of build and skill set (at least a possession/red zone type that could potentially develop into a #1 or a solid #2 WR). I'll be watching the draft process closely to see targets that fit this mold.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Closed Thread