Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-21-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do actually I have the nhl gamecenter. Just FYI the wings have one of the best offense in the league right now. 10 games stretches when they can't score ? you must watch a different red wings team because the longest stretch they had have been 6 games lost at the beginning of the season when the wings offense was awfully bad.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
They are 1a and 1b for the Vezina right now.
And Jon Quick is what? A victim of the dreaded East Coast Bias.

It's pretty tough to argue against Lundqvist being the best goaltender in the world.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you, McGee, I was about to mention Quicker. The guy is a monster and would have a ton of wins if we weren't the lowest scoring team in the NHL.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
And Jon Quick is what? A victim of the dreaded East Coast Bias.

It's pretty tough to argue against Lundqvist being the best goaltender in the world.
Quick is there too, but he's discounted for playing for the lesser Kings. Maybe not fairly, but that's the way it goes.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
I do actually I have the nhl gamecenter. Just FYI the wings have one of the best offense in the league right now. 10 games stretches when they can't score ? you must watch a different red wings team because the longest stretch they had have been 6 games lost at the beginning of the season when the wings offense was awfully bad.
A goalie's offense has little to do with how the goalie himself is playing. Judge them based on the saves they make at key times to keep teams in games or to position them to not be down 2-3 goals before the offense finds itself. It's not fair to discount them based on the skaters that play in front of them. It only stands to reason that goalies on the best teams usually win the Vezina. And both the Rangers and Red Wings are atop the standings.

Lundqvist and Howard's numbers are pretty close too. Certainly not enough separation to say there's a clear frontrunner for the award at midseason.

Last edited by Xiomera : 01-21-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, Logan Couture is the best goalie in the NHL. Holy ****, what a freakin save.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Apparently, Logan Couture is the best goalie in the NHL. Holy ****, what a freakin save.
Link if you find one.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out Tarasenko doing an awesome KHL skills competition shootout move. I wish they came up with this stuff over here. I love it.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Henrik Zetterberg is pissing me off. He's making 6 million for each of the next 8 (or is it 9?) years and he's on pace for 16 ******* goals. I think his defense has really slipped too. He's nowhere near the player he was 3-4 years ago during the Wings' two runs to the finals.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I'm so glad that the Pens are finally getting healthy. Already up 2-0 against the Caps.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Check out Tarasenko doing an awesome KHL skills competition shootout move. I wish they came up with this stuff over here. I love it.

Just came in here to post this. Future Blue!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Getting really pumped at the idea of a high pick. Vanek has been our only top-10 pick in the past 15 years, and we sure as hell don't make real trades anymore. Gimme some talent.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Wings beat the Blue, 3-1. Big, big statement game. 7-straight wins for Detroit and 17-straight at home.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching that Sharks game made me want to stab my eyes out. I am not watching another Sharks game for at least 5 games. Most boring team in the NHL bar none. It's a shame they're actually getting at least a point out of this game because they don't deserve one.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wings beat the Blue, 3-1. Big, big statement game. 7-straight wins for Detroit and 17-straight at home.
Seemed like a playoff game, I would imagine we will see you there.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Seemed like a playoff game, I would imagine we will see you there.
I didn't see any of the game. Caught most of it on radio.

But yes, I'd like to see them meet in postseason.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Watching that Sharks game made me want to stab my eyes out. I am not watching another Sharks game for at least 5 games. Most boring team in the NHL bar none. It's a shame they're actually getting at least a point out of this game because they don't deserve one.
Not so fast, my friend. The Buffalo Sabres are, by far, the most boring team. AND they're last in their conference.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, well i'm pretty sure the Kings are the lowest scoring team in the NHL, even with tonights 4 goal outburst.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Yeah, well i'm pretty sure the Kings are the lowest scoring team in the NHL, even with tonights 4 goal outburst.
Drew Doughty is killing my fantasy team.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

The NHL is preposterously hypocritical for not suspending Alex Ovechkin a game for skipping the all-star game. In 2009, the league suspended Pavel Datsyuk and Nick Lidstrom (and others, I'm sure) for not being there.

What's changed? If anything, Ovechkin's presence would be even more noticeable to the casual fan than the two Red Wings.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
The difference on the road and at home worries me. I'd be concerned if you finish below Vancouver and/or San Jose, again. I think any of the top-7 seeds out West can make the first playoff series hell, so that would be nice to avoid. Should you emerge, having to go on the road after could be brutal, especially if the team you're facing can actually score.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
The difference on the road and at home worries me. I'd be concerned if you finish below Vancouver and/or San Jose, again. I think any of the top-7 seeds out West can make the first playoff series hell, so that would be nice to avoid. Should you emerge, having to go on the road after could be brutal, especially if the team you're facing can actually score.
Perhaps, though I think Detroit's road woes are a bit over-exaggerated. They've played more road games than most teams in the NHL at this point and they're 13-13. You really only need to win one road game to win a series many times.

Detroit does have some road wins over good teams — Boston, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Chicago.

Last edited by Xiomera : 01-24-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

10-13 outside of shootouts isn't great. Conklin drags it down a bit, but Howard's numbers are drastically different on the road from at home. The scoring rate is well below, as well, though that can be expected on the road. It's not awful, but a notable difference from home dominance. My main concern is what they let in, though, especially since I've never found Howard to be particularly strong in the playoffs. I have to same concern for Jon Quick, even with as good of a year as they're both having.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Conklin has made every one of his starts on the road. I think that's the biggest factor. He's had a few real stinkers.

As for Howard in the playoffs, I think you're wrong. Last season he was very good in the playoffs despite having a pretty lousy regular season. He's been to the postseason twice and I don't think he's been the reason we haven't advanced past round two either time. This season feels totally different. He's carrying us, as opposed to just being the interchangeable goalie the Wings plug in behind a strong team.

I don't think this is a case of me looking at it from a homerish perspective. Sure, they'll need to be better on the road, but what they do right now has little bearing on how good they are in the postseason on the road. We just have to wait.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Thinking about last nights game, one thing that pisses me off is how Patrik Berglund just disappears in big games. It's frustrating because the talent is there, but he's in his 3rd year and it's not really showing.

With Tarasenko and Schwartz probably joining the team next year, Berglund might be traded at the deadline.