Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-24-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ Oshie <3

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
TJ Oshie <3
Yes, who doesn't?

I get a boner everytime I watch him play.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera
Conklin has made every one of his starts on the road. I think that's the biggest factor. He's had a few real stinkers.

As for Howard in the playoffs, I think you're wrong. Last season he was very good in the playoffs despite having a pretty lousy regular season. He's been to the postseason twice and I don't think he's been the reason we haven't advanced past round two either time. This season feels totally different. He's carrying us, as opposed to just being the interchangeable goalie the Wings plug in behind a strong team.

I don't think this is a case of me looking at it from a homerish perspective. Sure, they'll need to be better on the road, but what they do right now has little bearing on how good they are in the postseason on the road. We just have to wait.
I wouldn't expect Detroit to fall apart on the road, they're too good and too experienced. The differences are just striking. There is a 2.5 goal swing in goal differential per-game between home and road. That number is insane. Call it a testament to excellent home coaching and a good atmosphere, but no other team comes close to that number. It's just about double that of any other team in playoff position (only St. Louis, Chicago, and Washington have more than a half-goal difference). Take out Conklin's games and that difference is still higher than any team in the league, even trash road teams like Tampa/Buffalo/Winnipeg. Jimmy Howard's GAA is 0.83 higher on the road than at home, while the team scores >1 goal fewer per road game than at home. Oddly high numbers.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Holt, that was a great overtime and game tonight!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I wouldn't expect Detroit to fall apart on the road, they're too good and too experienced. The differences are just striking. There is a 2.5 goal swing in goal differential per-game between home and road. That number is insane. Call it a testament to excellent home coaching and a good atmosphere, but no other team comes close to that number. It's just about double that of any other team in playoff position (only St. Louis, Chicago, and Washington have more than a half-goal difference). Take out Conklin's games and that difference is still higher than any team in the league, even trash road teams like Tampa/Buffalo/Winnipeg. Jimmy Howard's GAA is 0.83 higher on the road than at home, while the team scores >1 goal fewer per road game than at home. Oddly high numbers.
I had never looked at it from a goal differential standpoint like that. Interesting.

But as you say, it's such an absurd number, it's likely to come down a bit and return to a more normal level. I'd guess it's an aberration of sorts. We'll see what happens in the second half.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Central Division is so crazy.

Detroit 67 pts, St. Louis 65 pts, Chicago and Nashville 64 points.

Top four point totals from the West are in that division currently (though San Jose has played several fewer games right now).
Old 01-24-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Can Matt Cooke be suspended for life?

That hit on Barrett Jackman was just the next in a line of idiocy for his career. And to think everyone said he had changed this season ...
Old 01-24-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game tonight vs the Penguins, shame we couldn't come away with two points. Hilarious that Berglund probably had his best game of the season right after I bad mouth him.

I was at the game, crowd was awesome. I hate people who are assholes and won't move for you so you have to jump to the next row so you can get out and go to the restroom.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Hey Holt, that was a great overtime and game tonight!
Yeah overtime was insane, some of Fleury's saves were just ridiculous.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I had never looked at it from a goal differential standpoint like that. Interesting.
I probably sound like I'm up my own ass in numbers. I just have a decent amount of browsing time between work and some classes, so I like to dig around numbers. Somehow found a way to be less productive than facebook and DC. But Detroit definitely stuck out to me.

Quote:
The Central Division is so crazy.

Detroit 67 pts, St. Louis 65 pts, Chicago and Nashville 64 points.

Top four point totals from the West are in that division currently (though San Jose has played several fewer games right now).
Nashville is on fire right now. Rinne is playing no worse than last year, lately, and they're actually one of the higher scoring teams in the West. Of course, the concentration of that division will probably allow the Canucks and Sharks to take the top seeds, again.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Nashville is an interesting case because of Suter and Weber's fates. I honestly think trading Suter for a big package, then flipping some of those acquired assets for some offense is a good plan. They have to win now to keep Weber interested in signing longterm, but also not lose Suter for nothing.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That hit on Barrett Jackman was just the next in a line of idiocy for his career. And to think everyone said he had changed this season ...
Wow. Jackman definitely sold that hit. Very noticeable flop and I am usually one to quickly point out that Cooke is a scumbag.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Wow. Jackman definitely sold that hit. Very noticeable flop and I am usually one to quickly point out that Cooke is a scumbag.
What? I strongly disagree
Old 01-25-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

"He's out of his mind"
Old 01-25-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Good game tonight vs the Penguins, shame we couldn't come away with two points. Hilarious that Berglund probably had his best game of the season right after I bad mouth him.
Berglund went with a nice backhand fake on both goals. He's a lot better at it than I am. First one was great, in close with a defender on him. Fleury bit hard.

And yeah, Jackman flopped.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:52 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Is it *** that it's 3 am and I'm watching tj oshie highlights?

And I hate Jackman but I don't think he flopped. The guy clearly pushed him.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Yeah overtime was insane, some of Fleury's saves were just ridiculous.
Yeah, MAF was a monster in the OT.

Anyways, what is everyone's thoughts of OV being a baby and not participating in the ASG because he's suspended?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
He still hit him in the head in a vulnerable position. I have a hard time understanding how you've deduced that he clearly flopped.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He still hit him in the head in a vulnerable position. I have a hard time understanding how you've deduced that he clearly flopped.
Because he extended his arms and pushed him in the shoulder and Jackman turned towards the boards and clearly acted like his head hit a lot harder than it actually did. Not to mention Jackman was back out on the ice about 3 shifts later. You can tell from the video Cooke was going for a shoulder to shoulder hit. Jackman knew who was coming (he looked behind in the video) and sold it because Cooke has a bad history.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I saw a huge 'flop' by Jackman, and I despise Cooke. He sold it very hard. I couldn't help but laugh when i saw it. None-the-less, enough bad things can't happen to Matt Cooke.

To each his own perspective though.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can Steve Mason now be considered the second coming of Jim Carey?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Because he extended his arms and pushed him in the shoulder and Jackman turned towards the boards and clearly acted like his head hit a lot harder than it actually did. Not to mention Jackman was back out on the ice about 3 shifts later. You can tell from the video Cooke was going for a shoulder to shoulder hit. Jackman knew who was coming (he looked behind in the video) and sold it because Cooke has a bad history.
Alright, I guess that could be the case. I only saw the hit twice and didn't get that impression. Cooke's reputation precedes him but I don't think Jackman could have processed the idea of embellishing because it's Cooke that was coming at him that quickly.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.didgomezscore.com/

lolol

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-25-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Howard lolol

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-25-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I think this was inevitable. Montreal leads Detroit, 4-0. Wings were due for a loss having won 7-straight.

Apparently no Nick Lidstrom (out with flu) = No defense to speak of