Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 01-16-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-I think the DTs are solid, but I don't think any of them excel at getting up-field and creating pressure. We need to finally address that need and bring in a game-changer.

-Chris Harris has played his way into a role next year, but I think he is a nickel corner at best. Syd'Quan and Vaughn should provide depth and nothing more. We need a starter opposite Champ.

-McGahee is good, but with his age and running style it's obvious that he's going to have a very tough time staying healthy. We need reinforcements. LaMichael James is good, but can he be anything more than a complimentary back?

-Literally every other position needs help in some form or fashion.

-@Jimmy I am a 23 year old photographer/dj. I have lived in Denver my whole life. I have been posting here for a very long time. I used to have a different screen name, but I don't remember what it was. Cutthroat or something like that.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Harris made the all-rookie team... as a safety?

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...l-rookie-team/

Might as well just have general categories, in that case (e.g. OL, DB, DL, etc). Probably makes more sense.

Anyway, another late round / UFA CB find for us. At least we're doing something right...
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st round pick: pass rush. DT/DE
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
Literally every other position needs help in some form or fashion.
... and this is why we can safely go BPA. However, I suspect that means no DT for us in round 1. OL, LB and secondary seem more likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'll keep rolling with the prospect crush... i think he fits a tim tebow style offense perfectly. where he can get a crease or a hole, i think he hits it well, and he hits it with more speed than just about anyone else i've seen in the draft.
Yes, speed at RB would be a big boost. Lamar Miller would be another nice fit, but his availability will probably be an issue at pick #25. James may slide into the 3rd, which could be a very nice value pick.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
1st round pick: pass rush. DT/DE
I think that's highly desirable, but the DT pool is weak at the top and pass rushers tend to generate a lot of interest. #25 might not be a great spot to be looking for those things.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i think this is a perfect year to trade down. presuming the draft plays out as expected, that is. i don't see any overwhelming BPA value at our position, and anything we drafted for need would, for the most part, be a massive overdraft.
I think this will be the draft day approach. See who slips down to 25, then make the decision. If the obvious value isn't there, then trade down instead of reaching on a need.

However, I believe that someone will slip down to us. A few teams will gamble on potential, a few will go strongly with need and positional value will influence others.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
regarding miller, i'd like him in the late second. i think he'd be an atrocious, moreno-like (in value, not in talent) pick in the first. but he just looks like he'll go way earlier than he should.
He's getting a lot of buzz around here, but we've all seen how RB's slide on draft day. I think Richardson is the only RB that's a lock for round 1.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'll keep rolling with the prospect crush... i think he fits a tim tebow style offense perfectly. where he can get a crease or a hole, i think he hits it well, and he hits it with more speed than just about anyone else i've seen in the draft. i *don't* think he's a 3 down back in a standard offense, but there are only a bare handful of guys in the nfl who are, and i don't see anyone in this draft who i think is on that level (i really don't like richardson, but i'm willing to concede the point if anyone wants to force it). to be honest, i think he would've fit the old shanahan offense perfectly, too.

all that said, if he's a guy i want, he'll go to the patriots. the nfl draft hates me.
I remember when his stock was much higher and was considered a probable first round pick. Any idea why his stock fell? Just curious, I didn't watch a whole lot of college football this year (though i did watch a few oregon games, and i thought he looked good).

WELCOME REALITY
Old 01-18-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
However, I suspect that means no DT for us in round 1. OL, LB and secondary seem more likely..
Hmm.. what makes you say that? Poe, Still, Thompson, Worthy, Brockers, etc. would represent good value @ #25.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 01-18-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Hmm.. what makes you say that? Poe, Still, Thompson, Worthy, Brockers, etc. would represent good value @ #25.
Which one of those guys brings the pass rush we need inside? There are a lot of big, solid bodies there but I'm not convinced that's what we need. Worthy is the obvious fit but he's inconsistent. Brockers has big potential, but probably goes before we pick.

Maybe I'm selling some of these guys short, but it seems like we're overvaluing them simply because the talent pool is weaker this time around.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i don't recall him as a first round pick, but at 5'9", he's undersized to start with.
Size and scheme... people saying he's go huge holes to run through because of the zone option and pace of the Oregon attack.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
Which one of those guys brings the pass rush we need inside? There are a lot of big, solid bodies there but I'm not convinced that's what we need. Worthy is the obvious fit but he's inconsistent. Brockers has big potential, but probably goes before we pick.

Maybe I'm selling some of these guys short, but it seems like we're overvaluing them simply because the talent pool is weaker this time around.
I'm not convinced any of the ones I mentioned are future stars either, but I'm also not sold on the available corners, Alfonzo Dennard or Janoris Jenkins. Or Vontaze Burfict at ILB.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 01-19-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default The McCoy plot thickens...

McCoy cancels Raiders interview:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19768569

Rumor has it the CU AHC / QB coach Rip Scherer is being lined up to join the Broncos staff if McCoy leaves:

http://www.milehighsports.com/?p=8267

I think Scherer would be a fine QB coach, but I'm not sold on Gase as OC. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
oh god why... from cu? didn't anyone on the broncos staff watch our team last year? blech.
God granted your request - McCoy stays with us... unless the Raiders are willing to take a chance after he snubbed them.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennis Allen to the Raiders? He's on his 2nd interview w/ them.

Keeping Allen should be a major priority IMO.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
ok, so given that we never spend on free agency. and given that he wouldn't come here. etc.:

would you, if you were our GM, seriously pursue mario williams to play opposite doom and von?
Hell yes..........

WELCOME REALITY
Old 01-24-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you guys think we should go after for our new D coordinator now with Allen gone?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Who do you guys think we should go after for our new D coordinator now with Allen gone?
If I was a betting man I'd bet on Mike Trgovac.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
knowing the kind of contract it's going to take to sign him?
I'm not too worried about the money, but then again, I'm not Pat Bowlen. Take a look at the Giants and the way they've built their defense. They have four legit pass-rushers and they cycle them, keeping them fresh and consistent. Their linebackers and secondary are ok, but the strength of that defense is the edge rushers. If we add Mario Williams into the mix, we become great in one area on defense. And that is the foundation of a dominant defense, and the best way to counter the QB-friendly offenses of the NFL.

And I'm going to go with Jack Del Rio as the new DC. The two (Fox and Del Rio) have worked together before, back in Carolina.

WELCOME REALITY

Last edited by jCut : 01-25-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
And I'm going to go with Jack Del Rio as the new DC. The two (Fox and Del Rio) have worked together before, back in Carolina.
I'd like the see Del Rio as well, my only concern being how long will a guy with his kind of experience be content to be DC before he takes another shot at a HC gig.

Then again, Allen was only a DC for a year and look what happened there...
Old 01-26-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd like the see Del Rio as well, my only concern being how long will a guy with his kind of experience be content to be DC before he takes another shot at a HC gig.

Then again, Allen was only a DC for a year and look what happened there...
Richard Smith? More continuity, has enough experience and unlikely to leave unless fired.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Richard Smith? More continuity, has enough experience and unlikely to leave unless fired.
My concern about that is this: if you thought Smith was DC material, why did you need to bring in Allen in the first place?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

del rio has been named the new defensive coordinator. i'm really happy with this, and i think that this offsets losing allen very nicely. not sure if this changes our offseason approach at all, but i hope that efx are more apt to spend money on free agents than they were last year.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Del Rio is a fine hire. He's a guy who's seen the benefit of impact DT play during his career as a coach... maybe he can convince the rest of the gang to put some significant resources into that position.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Broncos Draft

Interesting article from the DP:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19822111

More specifics about their draft board than I've seen in the past.

The missing piece is how they come up with the combined board from the within-position ranks provided by the scouts.