Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-23-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
I Am Rodgers
Rookie

I Am Rodgers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey all. New to this site but not the draft. I'm really hoping Upshaw has a so so combine and it drops him enough so that we can get him. I think his game will be perfect opposite Clay. Sadly I don't think TT puts the same premium on that ROLB spot like most of us do.
I Am Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
I Am Rodgers
Rookie

woops. Double post. Thats what i get for posting on a tablet.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Rodgers View Post
Hey all. New to this site but not the draft. I'm really hoping Upshaw has a so so combine and it drops him enough so that we can get him. I think his game will be perfect opposite Clay. Sadly I don't think TT puts the same premium on that ROLB spot like most of us do.
Welcome, me too! I really like Upshaw and think he would be a huge upgrade over any of the other guys.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you are right. As evidenced by the fact that they've had a bunch of JAGs at the position for 3 years now. Hopefully, he saw enough this season to change his mind though. Not being able to get to the QB is crippling Capers' scheme.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I think you are right. As evidenced by the fact that they've had a bunch of JAGs at the position for 3 years now. Hopefully, he saw enough this season to change his mind though. Not being able to get to the QB is crippling Capers' scheme.
Not being able to get after the QB is crippling for any defense in any scheme...if TT picks guys like Ricky Elmore (who clearly was an undersized even front end) I will be so pissed

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Nimmy
Rookie

Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been here for a couple years, but MAN do I want Fletcher Cox at #28. I'm developing a very unhealthy obsession with us drafting him, but everything I read suggests he's just the perfect player. I think there are linebackers we can be happy with in later rounds.
Nimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
I Am Rodgers
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
I haven't been here for a couple years, but MAN do I want Fletcher Cox at #28. I'm developing a very unhealthy obsession with us drafting him, but everything I read suggests he's just the perfect player. I think there are linebackers we can be happy with in later rounds.
I really like Fletch too, but he needs to work on some things. He can't hold his own vs double teams and that spin move needs to be deleted from his memory. Once he starts a spin move like that on the NFL level, he'll be on his butt.

Upshaw is supposedly doing really well down in Mobile. Wish I was there.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Nimmy
Rookie

Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really like Fletch too, but he needs to work on some things. He can't hold his own vs double teams and that spin move needs to be deleted from his memory. Once he starts a spin move like that on the NFL level, he'll be on his butt.

Upshaw is supposedly doing really well down in Mobile. Wish I was there.
I read on another forum that Upshaw's entourage this week is like 10 country fed Alabaman white boys from his hometown. Not sure how I feel about that.
Nimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
I read on another forum that Upshaw's entourage this week is like 10 country fed Alabaman white boys from his hometown. Not sure how I feel about that.
It could be worse.
Have you seen Pac Man's entourage?

DE-OLB-OLB-DE.... not sure what order, but we need some serious reinforcements, upgrades.

I'll take the pipe dream of Super Mario, but let's draft a handful of these guys.

Any 6-7, 265 pound tight ends out there like Gronk?
Guys that huge are uncoverable by any one person as the space and reach of him is a half of foot extra on all sides.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20
Rookie

PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Any 6-7, 265 pound tight ends out there like Gronk?
Guys that huge are uncoverable by any one person as the space and reach of him is a half of foot extra on all sides.
Does it really matter? We've had Finley for a few years now, and they still haven't figured out how to take advantage of him. In this offense, I wonder if a TE could ever become the focal point. Finley had one great game and a couple other decent games this year, but was hardly noticeable in the others. We know he has all the talent in the world, but he's either not being utilized correctly, Rodgers isn't looking his way, or he's just not trying hard enough. I'd lean a little towards the last one considering all the drops he had - that's a mental problem, not a utilization problem.
PackerFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, here is what I would like to see in the 1st 3 rounds:

1st) Lamar Miller, RB, Tha U - His burst is unbelievable and we can solidify this position for the next 6 or 7 years.

2nd) Mike Martin/Derek Wolfe, DE, Michigan and Cincy - These guys have the ability to be what Mike Neal has yet to become, not saying that Mike Neal wont, but it would be nice to have a back up plan in case Neal doesn't work out, and when Pickett finally decides to retire.

or

2nd) Vinny Curry, Ronnell Lewis, or Chandler Jones, OLB - All of these guys I think could be 3-4 OLB's, with maybe the exception of Chandler Jones, I just threw him in this lump of 2nd rounders.

3rd) Any corner available including Jamel Flemming for Oklahoma, Josh Norman from Costal Carolina, Donnie Flecter from Boston College, and Trumaine Johnson from Montana. The Packers need to solidify the backups and have some talent for the future. I am really hoping House has a great offseason and will become a player, but I worry when a guy doesn't play at all his rookie year.

One thing I am sure you all noticed was I didn't draft an OLB or DE in the 1st round. I am just not sure if the guys we are looking for will be there when we are drafting and I don't see much of a difference between Devon Still/Jerel Worthy and Mike Martin/Derek Wolfe. Whitney Mercilus would easily be a guy that I would draft, but I really have my doubts about him being there when we select in the 1st round. Same for Nick Perry. If any of those guys are available then sure we should probably draft one of them. However, if either one of those guys are not available I view Lamar Miller as a far superior player to any one else considered with a late 1st/early 2nd round grade.

All I know is that Vic So'oto has no problem getting pressure on the QB, he has shown in his extremely limited time in games that he can get to the QB, but he just has no experience in coverage. Sounds like any guy that we draft this year to become an OLB. I do think we need help on the DL. Mike Neal hasn't proved he can stay healthy, and even if he does, we need solid backups in case Raji or Pickett go down with an injury. I really like CJ Wilson, hopefully he can benefit from a true offseason, then maybe we don't need to draft a DE so early. Also, we will get Lawrence Guy back from his redshirt year so even another reason not to draft a DE high in the draft. Still, there are too many question marks regarding the backups/Mike Neal that we have for the DL.

Last edited by bigboiajhawk : 01-25-2012 at 02:40 PM.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really, really, really, really, really hate the Lamar Miller pick. Not only do i think he's massively overrated but its not even a need. I'd go crazy if we drafted Miller.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-26-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Okay, here is what I would like to see in the 1st 3 rounds:

1st) Lamar Miller, RB, Tha U - His burst is unbelievable and we can solidify this position for the next 6 or 7 years.

2nd) Mike Martin/Derek Wolfe, DE, Michigan and Cincy - These guys have the ability to be what Mike Neal has yet to become, not saying that Mike Neal wont, but it would be nice to have a back up plan in case Neal doesn't work out, and when Pickett finally decides to retire.

or

2nd) Vinny Curry, Ronnell Lewis, or Chandler Jones, OLB - All of these guys I think could be 3-4 OLB's, with maybe the exception of Chandler Jones, I just threw him in this lump of 2nd rounders.

3rd) Any corner available including Jamel Flemming for Oklahoma, Josh Norman from Costal Carolina, Donnie Flecter from Boston College, and Trumaine Johnson from Montana. The Packers need to solidify the backups and have some talent for the future. I am really hoping House has a great offseason and will become a player, but I worry when a guy doesn't play at all his rookie year.

One thing I am sure you all noticed was I didn't draft an OLB or DE in the 1st round. I am just not sure if the guys we are looking for will be there when we are drafting and I don't see much of a difference between Devon Still/Jerel Worthy and Mike Martin/Derek Wolfe. Whitney Mercilus would easily be a guy that I would draft, but I really have my doubts about him being there when we select in the 1st round. Same for Nick Perry. If any of those guys are available then sure we should probably draft one of them. However, if either one of those guys are not available I view Lamar Miller as a far superior player to any one else considered with a late 1st/early 2nd round grade.

All I know is that Vic So'oto has no problem getting pressure on the QB, he has shown in his extremely limited time in games that he can get to the QB, but he just has no experience in coverage. Sounds like any guy that we draft this year to become an OLB. I do think we need help on the DL. Mike Neal hasn't proved he can stay healthy, and even if he does, we need solid backups in case Raji or Pickett go down with an injury. I really like CJ Wilson, hopefully he can benefit from a true offseason, then maybe we don't need to draft a DE so early. Also, we will get Lawrence Guy back from his redshirt year so even another reason not to draft a DE high in the draft. Still, there are too many question marks regarding the backups/Mike Neal that we have for the DL.
My concern there is that it is just more of the same thing they've been trying for three years. Take some UDFA and try to coach him up. I have hopes for So'oto, but there is a reason that he was an UDFA and guys like Reed, Sheard, Acho, Moch, Houston, etc., were taken in the early rounds. Perhaps in a season or two So'oto does develop, but windows in the NFL are brief and they need to turn this defense around quickly. And I know mistakes are made by scouts all the time as evidenced by Harrison and others like him, but I'm tired of searching for that diamond in the rough.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I really, really, really, really, really hate the Lamar Miller pick.
Agreed.

Number one, and this is enough: RB's don't lead anyone anywhere these days.

Ladanian Tomlinson
Adrian Peterson

They've been clearly the most dominant RBs of the past decade+.
None has sniffed a ring, never even advancing past the conference title games.

Plus nowadays it's a passing league, and RBs can't last enough to carry teams. Injuries are too prevalent to RBs now. They aren't worth a #1 pick.

The Saints really regret trading up to take Mark Ingram now. It was Darren Sproles outta the backfield as a receiver that spiced up their offense (plus a TE).... Ingram was worthless. He was no difference-maker. They thought he was.... then we stuffed him to end week 1.

No RB in the first 3 rounds please.
Defense, defense, defense, defense.
Our offense is loaded enough that we have to let go of a still good, and heart of our team, Donald Driver.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay Okay, after looking at the draft history of late 1st round RB's, the list isn't very promising, thus,Lamar Miller probably isn't the greatest pick, but there is a higher chance that a top tier OLB will not be there, unless we trade up.

I really hope Derek Wolfe tests very very well at the Combine, and we just make him our 1st round pick, that is if no OLB's are there.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Each week I seem to change my mind of who I would like us to draft. As of right now I would like our first 4 rounds to go like this:

Rd 1. Nick Perry OLB USC
Rd 2. Derek Wolfe DE Cinncinati
Rd 3. Donnie Fletcher Boston College
Rd 4. Winston Guy Jr. Kentucky
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
Each week I seem to change my mind of who I would like us to draft. As of right now I would like our first 4 rounds to go like this:

Rd 1. Nick Perry OLB USC
Rd 2. Derek Wolfe DE Cinncinati
Rd 3. Donnie Fletcher Boston College
Rd 4. Winston Guy Jr. Kentucky
We'd be very lucky to get Nick Perry at #28! The guy is an athletic freak who has huge upside. Im predicting he goes top 15.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
We'd be very lucky to get Nick Perry at #28! The guy is an athletic freak who has huge upside. Im predicting he goes top 15.
One can hope though!
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
I Am Rodgers
Rookie

Quote:
Okay Okay, after looking at the draft history of late 1st round RB's, the list isn't very promising, thus,Lamar Miller probably isn't the greatest pick, but there is a higher chance that a top tier OLB will not be there, unless we trade up.

I really hope Derek Wolfe tests very very well at the Combine, and we just make him our 1st round pick, that is if no OLB's are there.

Derek Wolfe offers little to no upside. He'll get better than where he is now, but not much. He's a solid 2nd round pick at best.

IMO This is what I want at OLB in order.

1. Upshaw
2. Perry
3. Ingram
4. Curry

I'm not sure how Branch would look as a 34 backer.

For 34DE

1. Brockers
2. Still
3. Cox
4. Poe
Old 01-26-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Derek Wolfe offers little to no upside. He'll get better than where he is now, but not much. He's a solid 2nd round pick at best.
What makes you think he provides little to no upside???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
I Am Rodgers
Rookie

His body style and play. He's very tech sound and an average at best athlete. He's good enough, but he won't be a star. He might be better than Wilson and Wynn, but he isn't someone that will be a monster. That's not someone you take in the first. You take someone that's either a stud, or has stud potential and just needs some polish to their game.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Quote:
His body style and play. He's very tech sound and an average at best athlete. He's good enough, but he won't be a star. He might be better than Wilson and Wynn, but he isn't someone that will be a monster. That's not someone you take in the first. You take someone that's either a stud, or has stud potential and just needs some polish to their game.
So 21.5 TFL's and 9.5 Sacks is not studly enough for you? :) I am just giving you a hard time, because I am a fan of his, and his impact to his team is similar to that of JJ Watt. I am not saying that he is the same athlete or anything like that, but when you post those kind of numbers, you must be pretty dominant. Not to mention, BJ Raji, I want to say, had those kinds of numbers, maybe the sack total wasn't as high but his TFL's were, and he has turned into a pretty decent player. Also, when numerous bloggers, writing about the Senior Bowl practices (including the "owner" of this website), write about his motor, you have to think he will, at least, make up for any shortcomings, he may or may not have athletically, with his attitude, work ethic, and desire.

Also: see this pdf and type in Wolfe or Derek and you will see he made the 2011 NSCA All-American Strength and Conditioning Athletes of the Year. http://www.nsca-lift.org/Awards/2011...rican_Book.pdf

Last edited by bigboiajhawk : 01-26-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:53 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
So 21.5 TFL's and 9.5 Sacks is not studly enough for you? :) I am just giving you a hard time, because I am a fan of his, and his impact to his team is similar to that of JJ Watt. I am not saying that he is the same athlete or anything like that, but when you post those kind of numbers, you must be pretty dominant.
What is the size of this guy compared to Justin Smith?

As for the great production you highlighted above, I agree with that point.

I remember about 5 years ago people dismissed Louisville's guy's stats, Elvis Dumervil, and said his production in that silly conference wouldn't translate into the NFL.
So he slid in the draft.

Boy would Clay like to have Dumervil as his sidekick now.

I haven't done a lot of research yet on Wolf, but I like what I see and read so far.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Derek Wolfe - 6'5" 286

Justin Smith - 6'4" 285 - 26 reps at 225, 34 inch vertical, supposedly he power cleaned 500lbs which is a school record (a more telling statistic than bench press). In his Junior year (he entered the draft after his Junior season) he had 24 TFLs and 11 sacks. I wasnt able to find anything related to his 40 time. It looked like he might have cut weight at the combine.

Note: Aldon Smith ran a 4.74 at the combine last year and only had 20 reps at the combine, but yet he was phenomenal.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

From the sounds of it Wolfe could easily add another 15 lbs too.