Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-10-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya that's just wrong not sure what game you're watching he's nothing like mallett

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't say he was like Mallett; he's probably more similar to Gabbert overall. Didn't even question his overall mobility; just his ability to navigate in the pocket. I picked out some things that I disliked about Osweiler, and noted that they were similar to the things I disliked about Mallett.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of hype building up Brock to become a late 1st, early 2nd. He has a lot of physical skills and is very moldable piece of clay. He is working with Condon as well.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
A lot of hype building up Brock to become a late 1st, early 2nd. He has a lot of physical skills and is very moldable piece of clay. He is working with Condon as well.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This boy is going in the first. Get used to it already, guys.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEA, KC, Wash, Oakland, someone will trade to end of first or take him in the 2nd. The guy is very malleable. HE won't be much for a year or two but his skill set is one of the best in the draft, just raw.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SEA, KC, Wash, Oakland, someone will trade to end of first or take him in the 2nd. The guy is very malleable. HE won't be much for a year or two but his skill set is one of the best in the draft, just raw.
The only problem with the 4 teams you mentioned (and most others) is they all want to win now. Osweiller is at least two full years away, minimum.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I understand what you are saying about two years. Agreed. But some team will draft him higher than top 50. I have him in the 50-75 range based upon the two/four year projection.
Quote:
Old 01-18-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand what you are saying about two years. Agreed. But some team will draft him higher than top 50. I have him in the 50-75 range based upon the two/four year projection.
Where abouts on a 4/8 year projection?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Where abouts on a 4/8 year projection?
Better than RG3.
Quote:
Old 01-18-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure I would take him in the first, but I certainly would take him above the guys after Tannehill if I needed a quarterback. That probably takes moving up. Not sure if it's worth it, but I could see someone doing it. I really can't see him lasting much longer than the middle of the second. I think I said it earlier, but I feel like the Eagles could be a sleeper candidate with one of their two second rounders. It makes a lot of sense for them to bring in someone who can start eventually over Vick, especially with how he's struggled to stay healthy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're a QB prospect is there any reason NOT to sign with Tom Condon?
Old 01-28-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
neoroks32
Rookie

neoroks32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Not as good as advertised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=S6YODMPNgSA

BREAKDOWN
I just watched tape on Brock, yes he is a very talented quarterback his ceiling is a Ben Rothelisburger, at worst he's a stronger armed alex smith

ARM STRENGHT
Excellent:
He does have really good arm strength, right on par with anyone within this draft class.

MOBILITY
Above Average:
Is he Cam Newton? No, but he's no sloach. More quick then fast, a long strider that bulids momentum. would not be surprised if his 10-yard split is identical to Robert Griffin. He's defintely more athletc then you'd expect from a 6'7" 250lb quaterback.

ACCURACY
Below Average:
On the watched tape his most accurate passes were on premeditated quick passes flats/curls etc. Most of his throws were too high, which i believe is a combination of his height and terrible offensive line play. Also has many passes that are too low, which happens when he aims the throw instead of just winging it.

FIELD VISION/ DECISION MAKING
N/A:
This is harder to examine because of the spread offense he is in. For being in the offense for 3 years you'd expect him to make better throws and relize when to use touch. But every ball is thrown at 100mph, into covered recievers. This scraes me when projected to the NFL is because everybody in the NFL is fast, he wont get away with nearly as many throws that he gets away with in the tape. Another reason why its harder to evaluate his decision making is he had no help at all from his offensive line.

FINAL JUDGEMENT
3-4 round quaterback. There is no denying his talent, its easy to see why someone could fall in love with him. But to me he needs serious development. He has all the flashy qualities you want in a QB, big arm, size, mobility, but there's something missing as you can see in the tape. He should be taken mid second round but some team is gonna fall in love with how he throws in the combine with no defenders, showing off his physical attributes. But he's not ready for early playing time a first round pick demands, especially from the QB position. He'd be best on a team with a good offensive line that would get him the need time to shread a team apart, which he does have the potential to do.

Comparison: Blain Gabbert

P.S. if you want me to do anymore evaluations private message me who you want me to take a look at
neoroks32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hype surrounding Osweiler is bewildering; aside from being (awkwardly) tall and having a strong arm, he possesses none of the qualities that make a quarterback prospect attractive. He's not a proven winner, he lacks extensive starting experience, he never makes reads or goes through progressions, his accuracy is hit-or-miss, his touch is nonexistent, his release point is always changing, and his decision-making is lackluster. For all the praise he receives for his "athleticism", he often scrambles directly into defenders. Osweiler is of the most likely busts in the entire draft class.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again; we're basing this on all of one year of him starting. That's a knock on him. No doubt about that, it's something people will have to consider. It does mean that there's room for projection though. I thought thought the writeup Neoroks did was very fair, even if I'm slightly higher on him. There's no guaranteeing that he'll improve, but he has a much better chance of doing so than some of the guys you have ranked ahead of him....and a much higher ceiling if he does. NFL Teams aren't betting the farm on him with a third or fourth round pick(or even a second, necessarily). He's a "let's see what we can do with him" kind of guy. Prospect aren't static; you can realistically expect improvement from guys who have the skills to do so provided they're coached well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Again; we're basing this on all of one year of him starting. That's a knock on him. No doubt about that, it's something people will have to consider. It does mean that there's room for projection though. I thought thought the writeup Neoroks did was very fair, even if I'm slightly higher on him. There's no guaranteeing that he'll improve, but he has a much better chance of doing so than some of the guys you have ranked ahead of him....and a much higher ceiling if he does. NFL Teams aren't betting the farm on him with a third or fourth round pick(or even a second, necessarily). He's a "let's see what we can do with him" kind of guy. Prospect aren't static; you can realistically expect improvement from guys who have the skills to do so provided they're coached well.
Cam Newton was a one year starter in a Spread offense, when you have the tools this kid has, it isn't that big of a deal.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Osweiler's potential. He has all the tools, he played well all season, it wasn't his fault that ASU went into a tailspin. I would project him as a second round pick. I can't really blame him for leaving ASU with the new coaching staff coming in. If he had stayed for another year he would of been a 1st round pick.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Cam Newton was a one year starter in a Spread offense, when you have the tools this kid has, it isn't that big of a deal.

Cam Newton was way more impressive than Osweiler.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newton's tools >>>>>>>>>>>> Osweiler's.

Osweiler isn't going to do anything close to what Newton did. No one, absolutely no one, anywhere, ever, would have reasonably predicted Newton doing what he did. Don't even try to lie about it.

And that also makes him an incredible exception to the general rule. "Newton was successful after being a one year starter, therefore, all one year starters will be good!"

Haha...no. God, the simple-mindedness of some people makes me feel so damn intelligent.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Osweiler isn't going to do anything close to what Newton did. No one, absolutely no one, anywhere, ever, would have reasonably predicted Newton doing what he did. Don't even try to lie about it.

And that also makes him an incredible exception to the general rule. "Newton was successful after being a one year starter, therefore, all one year starters will be good!"

Haha...no. God, the simple-mindedness of some people makes me feel so damn intelligent.

Not only that, but most people had zero concerns about Cam's throwing motion, footwork, etc. He got a little lazy from time to time, but there really wasn't much of a question he could do it all.

The questions were more about character, and intelligence (which is where I really missed on him).
Old 01-29-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Probably would have been better to use Mark Sanchez or even a Ryan Tannehill for a comparison, neither of which had a lot of college starts.

Osweiller can really make a name for himself at the combine if he comes across as an intelligent guy who can make all the throws and he should show some atheltecism too. He'll probably move himself into that 3rd QB slot which based on need is going to lift his stock.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Not only that, but most people had zero concerns about Cam's throwing motion, footwork, etc. He got a little lazy from time to time, but there really wasn't much of a question he could do it all.

The questions were more about character, and intelligence (which is where I really missed on him).
Another thing that helped Newton to an insane degree was that opposing teams set up to stop his running because they didn't fear him as a passer. He proved to be a better passer right away than was expected and burnt them badly.

And Newton still has some issues to iron out. They were hidden really, really well last year but he's going to need to improve on them to have continued long term success.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Probably would have been better to use Mark Sanchez or even a Ryan Tannehill for a comparison, neither of which had a lot of college starts.

Osweiller can really make a name for himself at the combine if he comes across as an intelligent guy who can make all the throws and he should show some atheltecism too. He'll probably move himself into that 3rd QB slot which based on need is going to lift his stock.
I hate that term because no one can truly make ALL of the throws. The stronger your arm (with the requisite accuracy) the more you're going to be able to do on the field, continuing on forever.

I'd prefer to say that a QB "can make the baseline NFL throws."
Old 01-29-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I hate that term because no one can truly make ALL of the throws. The stronger your arm (with the requisite accuracy) the more you're going to be able to do on the field, continuing on forever.

I'd prefer to say that a QB "can make the baseline NFL throws."
Probably should have said can make the required throws of succesfull QBs, with around a 65% accuracy level. I guess i need to be more specific.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Osweiler to the Jets if they keep Sanchez. All he needs is a good QB coach and some time, and he can really drive the ball in that weather. I guess he could make sense with Peyton there too but I'd venture to say they use as many early picks as they can for help.

Put him behind Sanchez and he can be a starter after a year if they part ways, then again someone will draft him who has no business and throw him out there in week 4 like Blaine Gabbert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Victory X
Rookie

Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Cam Newton was way more impressive than Osweiler.
Victory X is offline   Reply With Quote