Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-25-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 Miami Dolphins thread

Ok folks, 2011 is over, time to bring out a new thread. Lets be more active here people! Or I will hang you by your nuts!

Some news in regards to the coaching staff

- Bowles isnt coming back

-Bengals secondary coach is getting an interview today for the DC job

- The Jags LB coach could be coming to take same position and with the title "assistant hc"

-ST's coach Darren Rizzi is staying

- If Mike Sherman doesnt get hired by the Bucs, I fully expect for him to be named the OC

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Ok folks, 2011 is over, time to bring out a new thread. Lets be more active here people! Or I will hang you by your nuts!
I see so many Phins fans commenting on the mock drafts yet none of them are in here. We could actually get a real, active discussion if they'd all actually come check this forum...

I'm really rooting for Sherman to not get the TB job. Philbin isn't very well-known around the league and doesn't have a whole lot of coaching experience outside of GB so it might be tough for him to get a good staff together, especially since he can't just bring all the GB people with him. Sherman would also probably want to hire some of the same guys. If we got Sherman as OC, he would bring experience and credibility and would be able to recommend a bunch of guys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM them all.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the announcement of the 4-3 defense's return to Miami, this is the likely starting point as the roster stands:

Wake - Odrick - Starks - Merling
Misi - Dansby - Burnett

Misi is a wildcard, they can move him back to DE like he played in college or they could decide to keep him up as a strongside backer. If they move Misi back to DE, Dansby would then play outside like he did early in his career and we could be on the lookout for a new ILB. McDaniel becomes the top backup at DT. No depth whatsoever at DE though, will definitely need to invest in a premium player like Coples or a free agent (Mario Williams would be nice haha).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-26-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Sherman is in Miami today and if all things go well, he should be named the OC within the next couple days.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not too thrilled about us switching to a 4-3. We've been fairly good as a 3-4 unit for a number of years now and I don't think that our front 7 was that much of an issue. With that said, there's nothing we can really do about it so I am hoping that we'lre able to get Coples to start the transition. I'm not liking that LB corps at all. I think this decision sets this team back even more because we need to invest more time in finding the right pieces for the new scheme and that's still not taking into account our need to improve the secondary. It's possible that next season might see a flip where our offensive unit is actually more productive than our defence.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Kevin Coyle and Mike Sherman official. Solid hires. I like Sherman, he was an awful recruiter and that's why he failed at A&M but he's a very good offensive mind. Don't know much of anything about Coyle other than he was Cincy's DB coach. He definitely got the most out of his talent there, wouldn't be surprised if he wants to bring Reggie Nelson with him, Nelson actually looked like an NFL starter for the first time in his career and our FS spot isn't exactly in the best of shape.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-27-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Phins827
Rookie

Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind cutting Bell to free some space, signing Nelson to play FS, and moving Jones to his natural SS spot.

I also love the idea of a 4-3, if we can draft Coples.
Wake- Odrick- Starks- Coples
Misi-Dansby-Burnett
Davis-Nelson-Jones-Smith

I wont complain with that line up. Maybe even sign a good MLB, and kick Dansby out to Misi's spot
Phins827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well let me start in here by saying, I hate the move back to the 4-3. I agree with 4U2NV about it setting us back a bit, but with that being said, I'm not terribly disappointed in the new hires.

I like Philbin and Sherman, just not too sure about Coyle, I wish we would've tried like hell to keep Bowles, but you rarely see guys take a demotion in the pros to stay with a team so I understand.

More to come later...

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I personally like the 4-3 move as I see it as a more effective defense for getting pressure on the QB. If we load the line with individuals capable of rushing the passer we can have more pressure on the Offense while playing solid schemes. The fact that we also have a new aggressive style defense makes it interesting to me.

The idea also of Coples - Stark - Odrick - Wake as a front 4 against the Pats Oline makes me ready for football. I want to beat brady into a pulp which is the most effective way to slow that team.

I would love it if we can get Spence in the 3rd round perhaps. He could be interesting in the 4-3.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Now we're remaining a "hybrid" defense. I do think we'll be a hybrid in the sense that we'll be looking to acquire 43 players and run a base 4-3 with 3-4 looks. That's what the Bengals did and that's how Coyle ran his defenses in college. I expect him to be a lot more aggressive than Nolan was in order to disguise intentions and blitz from everywhere. He utilizes DB blitzes more often. Coples is someone I think compares favorably to Carlos Dunlap. If we end up drafting Coples, I suggest finding some Bengals games last year to see how they use him because that's how we'd try to line Coples up.

Some other notes, we need to lock up Jake Long term, lowering his cap number this year could be huge as we don't exactly have the best cap situation. I think Yeremiah Bell is a potential cap cut. Not sure who else would be a potential cap cut although I've seen others suggest McDaniel, Carpenter, Fasano, and Moore but I don't see any of those happening.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

I really dont care what defense we will be running. As long as we are an aggressive, attacking defense thats all I care about. If we do lose Soliai(which would be a big mistake), it would make sense to move to a 4-3. Starks is ok as a NT but Im not sure I trust him for a full season getting things done in the middle like how I would Soliai. And if we do lose both Langford and Soliai, our personal will then be more suited for the 4-3 anyway.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

New uniforms next season?

Quote:
Lol fareal tho, I talked to Joe... They gone be a lil different RT @VontaeDavis21: "@SeanSMITH4: So I hear we got new uniforms???" STOP IT!!!!
Really wish we would go back to the old school uni's. Those were bad ass. Not like the dumb cartoon version we have now.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad I didn't decide to get a Wake jersey this year.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

I got my Wake jersey last year haha. I'm do for a new jersey though, let's see how much it changes though haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Brandon Marshall beast moding the Pro Bowl. Why can't he play like this during the regular season?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-01-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Because he doesnt have a real QB throwing it to him.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS — Channing Crowder is ready to return to football after a one-season sabbatical, but he made it clear to me Wednesday he’s not interested in a reunion with his former team.

Channing Crowder is open to joining any NFL team ... except the one that drafted him in 2005.
(Ben Liebenberg/NFL)

Crowder, 28, abruptly retired in August, 10 days after being cut by the Dolphins. He said then it was because his heart wasn’t in the game anymore, but he said Wednesday on Radio Row that his wife being 37 weeks pregnant at the time of his release played the biggest role in his decision to step away from the game.

Asked if there was interest in returning to the Dolphins to play under linebackers coach George Edwards — who returned to Miami on Monday after a two-year stint as defensive coordinator in Buffalo — Crowder delivered his harshest criticism yet of Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland.

“I wouldn’t go on a team with Jeff Ireland. I’m not very confident in him,” said Crowder, who has been hosting his Miami-based radio show from Indy all week. “He doesn’t know what he’s doing in my opinion. He’s real disrespectful, he doesn’t know how to deal with people and the whole Dez Bryant (situation) kind of showed to the world what he’s about, but guys in the building know what he’s really about.”

(In case you forgot, Ireland asked Bryant during a pre-draft interview if his mother once was a prostitute. The GM later apologized.)

“He’s not a good person,” Crowder added. “He has no class, and I wouldn’t choose to go back and play there. And I would have to say it’s the only team I don’t want to play for.”
Well someone is a little bitter. Dont disagree with everything he said but damn.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

The thing is, Crowder said many times that he would welcome playing for the Dolphins again. I guess he was assuming Ireland would be gone. I don't think Crowder is alone in his beliefs either. A lot of grumblings around the league that a lot of coaches were turned off because of Ross' commitment to Ireland and they didn't want him as their GM...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-05-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

I really wish that Ross would have totally cleaned house after this season, including getting rid of Ireland.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

So guys would you take your chance on Manning? Or rather go the Flynn or a rookie route?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

I think we need to sign one of Manning/Flynn and draft a QB. If we get Manning, I'd hope for Weeden in the second. If we sign Flynn, I'd be rooting for a mid-round guy like BJ Coleman of Ryan Lindley to develop.

Personally, I lean towards Flynn. We're not getting Luck and I'm not sure I'd even want RGIII in the extremely unlikely event that he falls to us. I do like Tannehill but he's not ready to play right away. I don't think Manning will ever be Manning again. So yea, that leaves Flynn with a mid/late round developmental guy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-11-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Looks like the coaching staff is finally complete. Philbin brought in a **** load of coaches. Kinda odd we have an assistant QB coach, but no QB coach.

Miami Dolphins 2012 Coaching Staff

Joe Philbin........Head Coach
Blue Adams........Assistant Defensive Backs
Lou Anarumo........Defensive Backs
Charlie Bullen........Defensive Assistant
Dan Campbell........Tight Ends
David Corrao........Defensive Quality Control/Assistant Linebackers
Kevin Coyle........Defensive Coordinator
George Edwards........Linebackers
Dave Fipp........Assistant Special Teams
Ben Johnson........Offensive Assistant
Darren Krein........Head Strength and Conditioning
Phil McGeoghan........Assistant Wide Receivers
Chris Mosley........Assistant Offensive Line
Jeff Nixon........Running Backs
Ken O'Keefe........Wide Receivers
Dave Puloka ........Assistant Strength and Conditioning
Darren Rizzi........Special Teams Coordinator
Kacy Rodgers........Defensive Line
Mike Sherman........Offensive Coordinator
Zac Taylor........Assistant Quarterbacks
Jim Turner........Offensive Line

Old 02-11-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Lots of random guys there, haven't heard of many of them. I do like O'Keefe a lot. A lot of college assistants, which wasn't surprising given that Green Bay told Philbin they would block him from taking any assistants with him and he's really only been in GB his whole career. I do like that we brought Edwards back and retained Rodgers, both have been great position coaches.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-14-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys. Giant fan here. Was just curious. I remember seeing something towards the end of the season, reported by Armando Salguero I want to say but don't hold me to that, that Jake Long might possibly be available this off-season. Have you guys heard anything like that down there? Any truth what so ever?
DI is offline   Reply With Quote