Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-25-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Incase yall dont view the ps3 thread

rocksteady to make TMNT game?

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/2217

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name of the title.
- Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchucku...respectively).
- Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
- Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
- Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
- Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
- Multiplayer is unknown.
- Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O'Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
- Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
- Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
- Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, "The Manhattan Project", but is very much its own title.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds awesome. Hopefully it's true.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A new TMNT game I can't frigging wait.Been waiting for a new type like Batman of style game.It better live up to the hype. I was a big fan of the TMNT films and TV series back in the early 90's when they first came out.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I got Dark Souls. I like it alot, but I am really not a fan of the combat at times. I like quick responsive controls ala Ninja Gaiden. Sometimes it can just be a bit infuriating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a game of risk/reward. I like action games a whole lot, but I really like the sense of weight to Dark Souls. Every action you make has to be decisive and appropriate for the situation since there's little margin for error.

What class did you end up going with to start?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The release date for The Witcher 2 is out; April 17th. The next three months is going to be awesome between Amaulur, Mass Effect 3, and this. So excited.

EDIT:

Trailer is out and very good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-26-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It's a game of risk/reward. I like action games a whole lot, but I really like the sense of weight to Dark Souls. Every action you make has to be decisive and appropriate for the situation since there's little margin for error.

What class did you end up going with to start?
I got the hang of it a bit more, I'd still wish if the combat were a bit quicker and more decisive but now that I have the hang of it and the controls I'm doing much better. I picked a Bandit to start, basically a big tank with defense, health, strength, stamina and no intelligence or miracles. I have a ton of amazing gear right now but need more stamina to use it all. I already passed my roommate in the game who has it had for two weeks now haha.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Haha, that's cool. The easiest way to play is to buff vitality as much as you can early. It's not the sexiest option, but between that and the defense boost you get just for leveling, it pays off. Magic and faith is for pussies, so you went the right way there. If you need some more endurance to use heavier stuff, there's a guy at the start of the game before the first boss that boosts your equip burden by 50%. You have to get through the forest to get it though and the guy you have to fight is pretty tough...but it's worth it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-26-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Haha, that's cool. The easiest way to play is to buff vitality as much as you can early. It's not the sexiest option, but between that and the defense boost you get just for leveling, it pays off. Magic and faith is for pussies, so you went the right way there. If you need some more endurance to use heavier stuff, there's a guy at the start of the game before the first boss that boosts your equip burden by 50%. You have to get through the forest to get it though and the guy you have to fight is pretty tough...but it's worth it.
Hmm interesting. The first Boss I encountered (outside the tutorial one) was the tower demon where you climbed the tower and jumped down onto him. I have been in the forest a couple times now but only after I rang the bell from the church tower after fighting the Gargoyle things. But that sounds very beneficial to have 50% more endurance. My vitality is right on par with my other stats that Ive boosted as of right now, I think around 17-18. The thing is I have a rare helmet equiped and the Drake sword equipped which both take alot to carry. I just found some ultimate armor which I can use but i just am way to slow to use it yet so I would imagine vitality helps with that? Or would endurance help?

Also whats the deal with co-op. Can my roommate roam around with me or is it just a separate mode of playing?

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 01-26-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The Drake Sword rapes early on. I would recommend finding something that you are comfortable with for later though, as it kind of levels out as you progress. It's base value is really high, but as you level up stats, the bonus it gives ends up making it less effective than the other weapons if you upgrade them. Defiantly the way to go early though and it can really power you through the early portion of the game.

Endurance is what governs how heavy the equipment you can use is. So that's the one there. It's an interesting balancing act you have to do with that, as you can just totally put a ton of points and be able to roll around with it or just ignore it to an extent and rely on poise(which is the ability to take a hit and still be able to hit). I personally found it better to be able to play a character who can wear heavyish stuff(Finished with the Elite Knight Armor, it's by the big ass statue guys in the forest) but still be able to move around a bit, but there's an argument to be made to just tank through it with some of the REALLY heavy stuff you can get later in the game. I find that style of play to be a little bit boring though, so I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you want a more responsive game.

As far as co-op goes, there's no local stuff unfortunately. In order to play with people, you need to be in Human form(which attracts invasions, which is a pain in the ass if you aren't ready for it) and find their summoning sign. So it's a two copy thing. Local would be sweet though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-26-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
The Drake Sword rapes early on. I would recommend finding something that you are comfortable with for later though, as it kind of levels out as you progress. It's base value is really high, but as you level up stats, the bonus it gives ends up making it less effective than the other weapons if you upgrade them. Defiantly the way to go early though and it can really power you through the early portion of the game.

Endurance is what governs how heavy the equipment you can use is. So that's the one there. It's an interesting balancing act you have to do with that, as you can just totally put a ton of points and be able to roll around with it or just ignore it to an extent and rely on poise(which is the ability to take a hit and still be able to hit). I personally found it better to be able to play a character who can wear heavyish stuff(Finished with the Elite Knight Armor, it's by the big ass statue guys in the forest) but still be able to move around a bit, but there's an argument to be made to just tank through it with some of the REALLY heavy stuff you can get later in the game. I find that style of play to be a little bit boring though, so I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you want a more responsive game.

As far as co-op goes, there's no local stuff unfortunately. In order to play with people, you need to be in Human form(which attracts invasions, which is a pain in the ass if you aren't ready for it) and find their summoning sign. So it's a two copy thing. Local would be sweet though.
Yes the elite knight armor was what I meant by ultimate haha. I found it in the woods near the Giant and tree people. I forgot to add the most important thing about my character however. Name - GRONK. That's really why I'm flying through this so far haha.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-26-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That's the stuff. That armor can be upgraded by the Blacksmith crazy amounts, in addition to looking cool(although there are a few that look far cooler). Really well balanced.

Good luck though. Just watch out for these guys if you play online.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-26-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found a pic of the TMNT possible look a like not sure if it would be the real cover for the game but is possible .

Old 01-31-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just picked up my copy of FF XIII-2 and reserved Kingdoms of Amalur....lol wtf imma find the time to play all these..idk

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I found a pic of the TMNT possible look a like not sure if it would be the real cover for the game but is possible .

That's a good way to get me to buy into it. I would love if the engine was really smooth on this, I'd for sure buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, bought Bastion a couple days ago for 1200 points and now its 600 for a week. Really enjoying the arcade game Torchlight right now. Its a Diablo clone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, Bastion was one of my favorite titles of last year. Just a really pure, well made title with good mechanics. The visuals and the soundtrack are phenomenal too. I'm planning on giving it another go at some point soon.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-05-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, the narrator part was really well done. Defiantly had a chance to become annoying, but they really rode the line perfectly.

In other news, IGN gave Kingdoms of Amalur a 9/10.

I'm really excited about this one. The fact that it comes out a few days after the Super Bowl is fantastic too, considering how butthurt I'll be if we lose. Curt Schilling is doing a midnight release for the game a few towns over from me, I'm considering going and seeing if I can get my copy signed. It would be kind of cool.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-05-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started playing Mass Effect again last night. Going to play through it and ME2 to set up a character for ME3 when it comes out.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, I need to do that at some point soon for sure too. It's going to be tough to squeeze in between Kingdoms of Amalur, but if I grind enough and skip the side quests(know them all by heart anyway) I can probably do it haha. I really need to go through Mass Effect 1 and wrap up on some of the achievements I'm missing. I have every one of them in the second one already, sans one for a stealth thing in Arrival that I did but didn't pop.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-05-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Started playing Mass Effect again last night. Going to play through it and ME2 to set up a character for ME3 when it comes out.
Man, I'd do that if I had any amount of time for it.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been planning on going through ME and ME2 again in preparation for ME3. ME3 is being released 4 days after my birthday. Can't wait. The latest co-op trailer has me really excited for the multiplayer. I'm glad they didn't attempt to a vs. style of multiplayer. I just can't see that working too well.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to be cutting it close depending on how much I can play on weekends.

I can skip all but the essentials in the first game but I need to keep everyone alive for the suicide mission in 2 so I'll have to do those quests.

I want to keep as many options open for in 3 as possible.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to start up ME again (never actually played it or ME2). Unfortunately Skyrim came out when I was ten or so hours in and you can tell how that ended up...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the UFC games any fun? I might try getting the 3rd one on the 14th.