Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I moved to Kalamazoo and kind of adopted the Lions. The Colts and Steelers went on to win back to back Super Bowls and frankly sustained success bores me. I'm a reverse bandwagoner. I took to the the Lions because they represent me and all the people in Michigan now. I love their attitude and am proud of their turnaround. I think of the Lions as being solely "mine", whereas the Colts are my mom's and the Steelers are my grandma's. I don't turn my back on my family ties, but the Lions are my own thing.
As a Packer fan who was born and raised in Michigan (raised in Battle Creek, in fact), I salute this.

In a day or two, I'll post about how I became a Packer fan. For now, I think that this should be highlighted.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
In a day or two, I'll post about how I became a Packer fan. For now, I think that this should be highlighted.
I don't know if I can take the anticipation, I'm waiting on the edge of my seat.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I don't know if I can take the anticipation, I'm waiting on the edge of my seat.
Spoiler: It's not a great story. You should stop anticipating it, and go back to your regularly scheduled activities.

Last edited by WCH : 01-30-2012 at 10:31 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

earliest Niners memory:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Born and raised a Falcon fan. Doing the dirty bird in school was by no means frowned upon.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lived in Houston from the age of four till 35. When I started playing peewee football, it was the Luv Ya Blue era in Houston, with the great Earl Campbell and Bum Phillips was coaching. Been a fan of Houston football ever since, and I still remember the heartbreak of the '93 Playoffs where we blew a 35-3 lead against Buffalo.

When football came back to H-town (after the dastardly Bud Adams left town), I transferred my favor to the Texans. My first thought when the Cowboys fired Wade Phillips (which I still think is due to Jason Garrett intentionally sabotaging the offense) was that he should come to Houston and take over the horrible D that we were putting up in '10. Sure enough, my wish came true and now Houston is one QB injury away from being Superbowl Contenders.

Texans in '12!
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been an Arizona Diamondbacks fan since 1999 because I really liked Randy Johnson. After cheering for them for a couple years and having no hometown team, I just decided to start rooting for Arizona in football too.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dad got me into football by doing a pickem with me back when I was 3 or 4 years old. I guess that I did some sort of word association with my name, which is Patrick, and started to gravitate towards the Patriots. I started to pick the Patriots every game. So starting back in 1990, my team hit rock bottom going a tremendous 1-15, but I was 3 years old so its not like every games was life or death like it is today. I soon found my first favorite player come aboard in 1993 when the Patriots drafted Drew Bledsoe. Drew even brought me my first taste of Super Bowl action in 1997. I was born 11 months after Super Bowl XX, so thankfully I didn't have to see my hometown Bears demolish my Patriots. I loved Drew with all my heart for 9 years, and was crushed when Mo Lewis almost killed him. Fortunately, for me, that hit has altered the NFL as we know it. I have been lucky enough to enjoy the Tom Brady/Bill Belichick era.

All of us Patriot fans are extremely lucky that we have been fortunate enough to have 5 Super Bowl appearances and 3 Super Bowl rings in the last 10 years.

I am one very lucky fan!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:03 AM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First Live Superbowl in UK was #17. The Skins had The Diesel, The Hogs, Fun Bunch, Smurfs, Pearl Harbour Crew among their ranks.

When Riggo went 43 yards on 4th and 1 I was hooked from that point.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Sometimes I hear about people that are fans of football teams, but have never even been to the state where the team is from.
Definitely applies to me.

I came to USA in 1995. I didn't know much about football, but it looked like an interesting sport. I was already an Indiana Pacers fan before I arrived (Reggie Miller was my favorite player).

Colts really caught my eye during their 1995 playoff run. They beat the defending AFC champs Chargers, #1 seed Chiefs and came inches away (Aaron Bailey dropped a Jim Harbaugh's hail-mary pass in the endzone) from beating the Steelers in AFC Championship game and going to the Super Bowl.

Last edited by MaxV : 01-31-2012 at 07:30 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was always sort of a bandwagon fan growing up. I went from the Rams to the Broncos to the Titans before finally choosing Baltimore. Where I'm from it's about 40% Steelers, 40% Browns and 20% Bengals fans. I decided that I wanted to oppose them all so I chose Baltimore. Plus, I love the team's mentality. Maybe I'll tell my Braves, Blazers, Wisconsin, St. Johns, and Flyers stories later.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

became a redskins fan in 1968 with my daddy.this was before there was cablevision,and you had to watch whatever game nbc and cbs showed on sunday.the skins were'nt good,and a lot of times we listened to the game on a radio in the den.after 1971,we got to see all the redskins game cause they started winning regularly.last game we saw before he died was in 1987 when the skins strike team went to dallas and beat the cowboys strike team that most of the cowboys regular season players crossed the pickett lines and played on.he died the following saturday.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I was always sort of a bandwagon fan growing up. I went from the Rams to the Broncos to the Titans before finally choosing Baltimore. Where I'm from it's about 40% Steelers, 40% Browns and 20% Bengals fans. I decided that I wanted to oppose them all so I chose Baltimore. Plus, I love the team's mentality. Maybe I'll tell my Braves, Blazers, Wisconsin, St. Johns, and Flyers stories later.
As a St. John's student and fan, I'm interested in that story.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jonathan Vilma. The Jets actually used to be my #2 team behind the Chargers. However, after their treatment of Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison I could support them no longer. At that time my all-time favorite college player came out and i was sold from then forward.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I was younger there weren't many black QB's in the NFL, I remember watching Steve McNair and seeing him handoff to a massive RB. I didn't follow football much, but everytime I saw that team I'd pay attention.

The next year, I was watched a young rookie come into the league and just destroy anybody in his path. He possessed size, speed and freakish athletic ability. Now at this time I was still relatively young and didn't watch football much, so I didn't know the Titans were the former Oilers whom I liked their QB and RB. Needless to say, Eddie George, Jevon Kearse and Steve McNair all lead me to being a Titans since 99.

RIP Air
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:13 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend put four teams in front of me that were middle of the pack, I like the logo so I went with them.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Lived in Baltimore. Wasn't really into football until around 2005.

The Ravens were the local team, and I fell in love with the defensive swagger.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earliest memory was watching the 92 and 93 Superbowls with my old man, and being from Texas, everyone worshiped the Cowboys. It was like love at first sight, i'd jump for joy every time they won and i'd be bawling in tears if they lost. Been an absolute die hard for the better part of my 24 years. I also had a huge fascination with the Culpepper/Moss/Carter Vikings, and i still consider them a very distant number two favorite team.