Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Flowers. The guy was one of my favorite Hokies and it is great to see him doing so well.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Brandon Flowers, but I think he's getting a case of the Nmandi on here. He's being overrated. He's great but I've seen him get beat.

I think Joe Haden is the 2nd best CB in the league.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like Brandon Flowers, but I think he's getting a case of the Nmandi on here. He's being overrated. He's great but I've seen him get beat.

I don't know. I mean I know the dude can blanket and is probably in the discussion of top 5 but saying Joe Haden is the #2 CB in the league is a case of the Nnamdi.

Hell, Nnamdi might still be the 2nd best in the league if he wasn't playing in a damn zone scheme the 1st half of the year.

Joe is up there but I just don't feel he has reached that point yet.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I don't know. I mean I know the dude can blanket and is probably in the discussion of top 5 but saying Joe Haden is the #2 CB in the league is a case of the Nnamdi.

Hell, Nnamdi might still be the 2nd best in the league if he wasn't playing in a damn zone scheme the 1st half of the year.

Joe is up there but I just don't feel he has reached that point yet.
The fact that we have to justify Nmandi with the line: If he wasn't playing zone" is reason enough that he doesn't deserve to be #2 on the list.

Flowers has been beat. He's a good physical CB, but he can be had by speed WRs. I've seen him get beat. He's not some unstoppable force.

Haden is young of course, we only have 2 years of games on him, but he's been an animal. Pound for pound, I think he's been more impressive.

And to be fair, I've seen Nmandi get beat in man this year too. I think he was the product of being a very good CB that nobody really saw (Oakland was never on national tv, and the games were always blacked out) that developed a reputation that was probably a bit excessive.

Not to mention, it's much easier being a shut down CB in the AFC West, which lacks any real stud WRs to begin with, plus only playing one side of the field.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The fact that we have to justify Nmandi with the line: If he wasn't playing zone" is reason enough that he doesn't deserve to be #2 on the list.

Flowers has been beat. He's a good physical CB, but he can be had by speed WRs. I've seen him get beat. He's not some unstoppable force.

Haden is young of course, we only have 2 years of games on him, but he's been an animal. Pound for pound, I think he's been more impressive.

And to be fair, I've seen Nmandi get beat in man this year too. I think he was the product of being a very good CB that nobody really saw (Oakland was never on national tv, and the games were always blacked out) that developed a reputation that was probably a bit excessive.

Not to mention, it's much easier being a shut down CB in the AFC West, which lacks any real stud WRs to begin with, plus only playing one side of the field.
I don't disagree with you. My point was more that it's a bit premature to call Haden the #2 guy, not so much that Nnamdi is the #2.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
This year yes. A resounding yes. But overall body of work, he's top 5 to me. If he follows up this year with another dominant year, then he's #2.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Preston
Rookie

Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson...
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson...
They're good, but I don't consider either to be elite.

Put it this way, going from covering Bowe and Jackson (on half the snaps none the less, sometimes even less if the team was smart enough to move their WRs around) to covering Nicks, Cruz, Dez, and Austin for an entire game is a big big difference.

Not to mention, a qb is half the battle. And the only qb worth a damn in the West is Phillip Rivers.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You're right that Flowers is pretty inconsistent. Some weeks he looks amazing, some weeks he gets beat. That inconsistency is why he isn't up there with the truly elite yet. The Nmandi comparison isn't really right though, he's playing with another excellent corner in Carr, so it's not like teams have just been ignoring him and picking on other DBs.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not a fan of that argument. Stevie Johnson made Revis look pedestrian on more than one occasion. Dez Bryant was making a fool of Revis until he got hurt in the season opener too. Despite that, Revis was still the best corner in the league this year. All corners get beat. Having seen Flowers get beat a few times shouldn't exclude him from the conversation. All CB's get beat sometimes, even the best ones as long as the ball actually gets thrown their way.

Going based solely on this year alone, I'd take Ike Taylor as the #2 CB in the league 10 times out of 10.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post

Going based solely on this year alone, I'd take Ike Taylor as the #2 CB in the league 10 times out of 10.
he was really really unbelievable until demaryius thomas took his lunch money

Ike Taylorís 2011 season by receiver
A.J. Green, Cincinnati 6-87 yards, TD
Demaryius Thomas, Denver 4-204 yards, TD
Wes Welker, New England 4-23 yards
Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona 3-58 yards
Brandon Lloyd, St. Louis 3-39 yards
Anquan Boldin, Baltimore 3-35 yards
Andre Johnson, Houston 3-23 yards
Michael Crabtree, SF 3-23 yards
Jonathan Baldwin, KC 2-26 yards
Nate Washington, Tenn 2-11 yards
Dwayne Bowe, KC 1-25 yards
Mohamed Massaquoi, Clev 1-25 yards
Rob Housler, Arizona 1-20 yards
Steve Breaston, KC 1-18 yards
Jason Hill, Jacksonville 1-18 yards, TD
Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis 1-11 yards
Deion Branch, New England 1-10 yards
Josh Cribbs, Cleveland 1-10 yards
Mike Williams, Seattle 1-9 yards
Damian Williams, Tennessee 1-8 yards
Mike Thomas, Jacksonville 1-3 yards
Torrey Smith, Baltimore 1-2 yards
Pierre Garcon, Indianapolis 1-(-2) yards
46 catches 686 yds. 3 TD's.

only AJ Green and Fitz got over 50 yards and only thomas got over 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
he was really really unbelievable until demaryius thomas took his lunch money

Ike Taylorís 2011 season by receiver
A.J. Green, Cincinnati 6-87 yards, TD
Demaryius Thomas, Denver 4-204 yards, TD
Wes Welker, New England 4-23 yards
Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona 3-58 yards
Brandon Lloyd, St. Louis 3-39 yards
Anquan Boldin, Baltimore 3-35 yards
Andre Johnson, Houston 3-23 yards
Michael Crabtree, SF 3-23 yards
Jonathan Baldwin, KC 2-26 yards
Nate Washington, Tenn 2-11 yards
Dwayne Bowe, KC 1-25 yards
Mohamed Massaquoi, Clev 1-25 yards
Rob Housler, Arizona 1-20 yards
Steve Breaston, KC 1-18 yards
Jason Hill, Jacksonville 1-18 yards, TD
Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis 1-11 yards
Deion Branch, New England 1-10 yards
Josh Cribbs, Cleveland 1-10 yards
Mike Williams, Seattle 1-9 yards
Damian Williams, Tennessee 1-8 yards
Mike Thomas, Jacksonville 1-3 yards
Torrey Smith, Baltimore 1-2 yards
Pierre Garcon, Indianapolis 1-(-2) yards
46 catches 686 yds. 3 TD's.

only AJ Green and Fitz got over 50 yards and only thomas got over 100
I know Ike played lights out for the majority of the season, but he's so inconsistent in terms of production by season. Maybe top 10. Maybe.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think so, not since cowher...hes been pretty stable, hes just never catches the ball so even his terrible hands are consistant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Flowers came to my mind at first glance.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They're good, but I don't consider either to be elite.

Put it this way, going from covering Bowe and Jackson (on half the snaps none the less, sometimes even less if the team was smart enough to move their WRs around) to covering Nicks, Cruz, Dez, and Austin for an entire game is a big big difference.

Not to mention, a qb is half the battle. And the only qb worth a damn in the West is Phillip Rivers.
I dunno man, I probably take V-Jax over Austin and maybe Dez. Certainly harder to cover than either, dude is huge.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-05-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leon Hall isn't great in man to man coverage but he really seems to excel in zone.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol @ Ike Taylor as the #2 CB in the NFL. This thread, and by extension this forum, are so awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Lol @ Ike Taylor as the #2 CB in the NFL. This thread, and by extension this forum, are so awesome.
He definitely played like a guy who should be up there this year in the regular season.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote