Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't noticed the name Kendall Langford pop up at all. Might be someone to look at.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans have come out and said they will not be franchising Super Mario if they cannot agree on a new contract. His number would be around 23 Mil if they franchised him. It's gonna be pretty interesting to see what happens there. Their cap number heading into the season was hovering right around 120, so they're gonna have to try and get creative if they want to re-sign both Foster AND Williams. They also have Chris Meyers to re-sign who is a key anchor to their dominant running game.

If Mario hits the open market it's going to be a feeding frenzy, but we'll have the room to offer him a monster contract if we want to make a play.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Texans have come out and said they will not be franchising Super Mario if they cannot agree on a new contract. His number would be around 23 Mil if they franchised him. It's gonna be pretty interesting to see what happens there. Their cap number heading into the season was hovering right around 120, so they're gonna have to try and get creative if they want to re-sign both Foster AND Williams. They also have Chris Meyers to re-sign who is a key anchor to their dominant running game.

If Mario hits the open market it's going to be a feeding frenzy, but we'll have the room to offer him a monster contract if we want to make a play.
To me this is a very interesting proposition. If we go after Mario it might only leave enough cash for maybe one other decent FA. I'd feel more comfortable with it if there was a CB in the first round that I'm excited about, but there's not at 14. Maybe if we trade back into the mid 20's I'd be fine with taking Kirkpatrick if he runs a solid 40 time at the combine. But then again if we do not address G/C in FA, I'd want us to grab someone in the draft that can start from day one.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Mario, but I wouldn't want them to overpay for him. If they overpay for someone I'd want it to be Nicks, but even then I wouldn't want them to do that. There are too many areas of need to fill.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want Michael Griffin, a solid option at CB and a fatbody to plug in at NT. I'd be a very happy camper if we did that in free agency and took the best talent available to us in the draft. That would give us a ton more flexibility in the first to either move down or completely out of the first, or simply take BPA. This really is one year where we're stuck in that second tier of players in the draft where we could benefit greatly from moving out of the first.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a good read about our D and how they use Rat and formations.

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2012...at-kirwan.html

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy gawd. Who do I need to pay for next season to make sure fumbles never bounce to an opponent? If we could set that deal up I like our chances :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Holy gawd. Who do I need to pay for next season to make sure fumbles never bounce to an opponent? If we could set that deal up I like our chances :)
I hear ya, but also notice how the Giants players were hustling towards the ball too.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Here's a good read about our D and how they use Rat and formations.

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2012...at-kirwan.html
Interesting read. I think Bob's priorities for the off-season are pretty close to what I personally think. I'd say that you cannot forget about another OLB in there too, but hard to disagree with his top three. Interesting to see him defend Elam. I'm not opposed to bringing Elam back for a year and drafting someone to eventually replace him.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's even more evident after tonight that we have to fix the pass rush. I think we have to sign someone like Mathis or Avril and STILL draft someone in the front 7 early.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Bonzai
Rookie

Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.

Quote:
I thought I was the only one that notices that, its unreal. Against us, the miners, now the pats there were multiple fumbles that should have not gone their way, yet they did EVERY TIME!
Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

7 inexplicable mistakes were the difference for the Gmen. Any one of these goes the other way ....

1) Romo to Austin miss
2) 2 fumbles on PR in SF
3) Forward progress fumble in SF
4) 2 fumbles in the open field recovered in the SB
5) Welker drop

Any one of those 7 go the other way and no party in NY. These are events that had nothing to do with the GMen executing, just a bounce here or there or an opponent dumb mistake.

To me it shows just how little difference their is between a 6-10 team (which the GMen were this year) and being a SB Winner. Frankly, I am still dumbfounded by the genie they got in the bottle. Very unlucky with injuries early in the season but dear god every single bounce went their way and Eli Manning made almost ZERO mistakes in 6 straight games.

Charmed life indeed in NY ... at least the Champs are in the NFC East. Only goes to show you what confidence might mean for this team if it ever got tough enough and stop making dumb mistakes.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure how we are a 6-10 team when our record says 9-7.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You make your own luck in this league. If Hynoski quits on the play, he's not in position to recover the fumble. Ditto for Snee.

These things are coached. Dallas needs a culture change if you want to see changes.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You make your own luck in this league. If Hynoski quits on the play, he's not in position to recover the fumble. Ditto for Snee.

These things are coached. Dallas needs a culture change if you want to see changes.
Yes, you make some of your own luck, but you don't make all of it.

I don't think lazy players are the issue as much as incapable players are. I liked our effort. Just didn't like thier talent deficiencies.

Except Romo... talent is there, he just needs a brain.

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-06-2012 at 06:56 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

^_^ I'll buy that coaching puts you in position but opponents making mistakes has nothing to do with making your own luck. Giants did an excellent job riding momentum and capitalizing on the opportunities they were afforded. No one is taking away from that.

I simply made an observation that someone in the organization sold their soul for this season :) Hit replay on any of the situations from Yanks and I guarantee at least half go the other way. That's the way it works but none of it involves "making your own luck".

I know you are a major JG supporter so I'm unsure as to why the parting shot at Dallas. He's majorly changed the attitude of the team after years of influence from Mr. Awshuck's camp cupcake routine -_-
Old 02-06-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
^_^ I'll buy that coaching puts you in position but opponents making mistakes has nothing to do with making your own luck. Giants did an excellent job riding momentum and capitalizing on the opportunities they were afforded. No one is taking away from that.

I simply made an observation that someone in the organization sold their soul for this season :) Hit replay on any of the situations from Yanks and I guarantee at least half go the other way. That's the way it works but none of it involves "making your own luck".

I know you are a major JG supporter so I'm unsure as to why the parting shot at Dallas. He's majorly changed the attitude of the team after years of influence from Mr. Awshuck's camp cupcake routine -_-
I know NYG=NYGiants is a big Garrett fan, but not sure about BBD.

Garrett changed some of the culture by getting rid of some folks, but he didn't change anything in regards to the playcalling and imo, that's still his biggest hurdle. Hoping Callahan challenges him and takes him to a new level.

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-06-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I know NYG=NYGiants is a big Garrett fan, but not sure about BBD.

Garrett changed some of the culture by getting rid of some folks, but he didn't change anything in regards to the playcalling and imo, that's still his biggest hurdle. Hoping Callahan challenges him and takes him to a new level.
Ah gotcha. -_- Extremely long day guess I wasn't paying enough attention :D

On Garrett though I'm in 100% agreement with his playcalling. I'm hoping I can be a full Garrett believer next season and attribute his poor playcalling at times to a porous offensive line. My hope is that we'll return to the play-action deep ball threat team we were when we actually had an offensive line early on with Garrett.

This off-season is extremely exciting, at least for me, because we have cap space, a nice draft slot, and renewed hope that we can draft correctly.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yes, you make some of your own luck, but you don't make all of it.

I don't think lazy players are the issue as much as incapable players are. I liked our effort. Just didn't like thier talent deficiencies.

Except Romo... talent is there, he just needs a brain.
Yeah, we definitely had some bounces. I won't deny it.

I would fault effort with the Cowboys. To me, I think the biggest issue was that final game of the season, it was a playoff game really, and Dallas came out completely flat. They quit. Unbelievable. How can you quit on a win and in game? Even during the game NFL Network cameras caught defensive players sulking saying "I hate getting my hopes up"

Wtf? The mentality of the team has to change. They're mental midgets right now. It's a lack of discipline and accountability, and until that's fixed, all the talent in the world won't mean a thing.

That game completely changed my perception of them. I could not believe how they could just come out like that. They need another Parcells type of coach to kick them into shape. They need a culture change.

Quote:

Yeah we had some bounces. I won't deny that. But I think the defining theme of this season's Giants are they had plenty of opportunities to quit on the season and they didn't. Im guilty of calling them gutless numerous times this season, but I was wrong. They are notorious for playing up to their competition and down to it as well, and it's very frustrating as a fan.

I'm not a big Garret fan. He's still part of the old regime. You need a complete culture change, and those usually come out of house. But honestly, the problem is Jerry Jones, not the coaching staff. He can't undercut his coaching staff the way he does. How is a player going to respect the coach when the GM/Owner is overruling him whenever he wants? Who is the player going to listen to?

That's something that has to get fixed. I think Mike Zimmer would be a great HC for you guys. He knows Dallas, he's tough, Parcells disciple, and he won't tolerate any ********.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, we definitely had some bounces. I won't deny it.

I would fault effort with the Cowboys. To me, I think the biggest issue was that final game of the season, it was a playoff game really, and Dallas came out completely flat. They quit. Unbelievable. How can you quit on a win and in game? Even during the game NFL Network cameras caught defensive players sulking saying "I hate getting my hopes up"

Wtf? The mentality of the team has to change. They're mental midgets right now. It's a lack of discipline and accountability, and until that's fixed, all the talent in the world won't mean a thing.

That game completely changed my perception of them. I could not believe how they could just come out like that. They need another Parcells type of coach to kick them into shape. They need a culture change.

Yeah we had some bounces. I won't deny that. But I think the defining theme of this season's Giants are they had plenty of opportunities to quit on the season and they didn't. Im guilty of calling them gutless numerous times this season, but I was wrong. They are notorious for playing up to their competition and down to it as well, and it's very frustrating as a fan.

I'm not a big Garret fan. He's still part of the old regime. You need a complete culture change, and those usually come out of house. But honestly, the problem is Jerry Jones, not the coaching staff. He can't undercut his coaching staff the way he does. How is a player going to respect the coach when the GM/Owner is overruling him whenever he wants? Who is the player going to listen to?

That's something that has to get fixed. I think Mike Zimmer would be a great HC for you guys. He knows Dallas, he's tough, Parcells disciple, and he won't tolerate any ********.
I don't know if they quit. Both of our TDs came in the 2nd half. You guys went into the half dancing with a 21-0 and we made it 21-14... before you sealed it with less than 2 min left in the game.

What I sensed was the team losing too many match ups that burned them. There's no denying that the Dallas defense, especially in the secondary was too weak to hold up against your passing attack. The way Eli operates is magnificent too. All he needs is one guy back there not doing his job and he consistently targets that. It can be demoralizing for a defense trying to do their best. So to suggest the problem was more to do with mental capacity than talent accummulation is misguided, imo. But it's fine to disagree. I would swap our defense with yours and keep the same coaching staff. I think we win.

Can you give me some examples of what's going on in your head when you say Jerry Jones undercuts his coaching staff? I hear this from time to time, but I don't know what people mean or which players they are thinking about.

I do blame Jerry for not spending wisely all the time, having issues not properly addressing the same positions of weakness year in and year out, and he's an average drafter, but I don't fault him for being cheap or letting good players go or being too hands on or conflicting with the coaching staff. In fact the media has tried every chance they get to get Jerry to take a giant crap on his staff, but Jerry has always showed extreme faith in them. He's a part of the problem because every GM who does't win shares some blame, but I don't think that as long as he is here that the team will never win. He's not the game killer.

Garrett was a rookie HC who made some rookie HC mistakes, but help has arrived at least for him, with the arrival of Bill Callahan to be a second opinion/advisor for him.

I think talent is definitely the main problem. Not overall team talent, but in the areas of weakness. Where we are weak, we are REALLY weak. ...and getting exploited over and over without being able to overcompensate, really lies the root of the problem. Going into the season with unproven and untalented interior OL was a major fault, and not fixing the secondary was equally at fault. I call it Garrett being naive about the OL and Rob Ryan being new, lockout issues, and not really knowing the players he was inheriting.

Another year, another offseason of trying to fix the team. We'll see what they can do. As for the coaching staff in place... and the new additions we made. I love what we have!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:

You know, if they simply said, yeah we got some big breaks through the luck of the die ... but no, gotta keep insisting. Enjoy it, you gave the NFL a bad beat. Pot is yours no matter how awful your play was.

I guess that is why Vegas puts them at 15-1 in spite of. Cuz they are stooooopid Cowboy homers out there who know nothing of football also.

Again, the difference between 6-10 and a SB Champion is so minute as to be negligible at this time in the NFL. So long as your QB is hot ... sky is the limit.

With respect to the Cowboys, I agree they need a heart transplant but I have been saying this for years.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'm not sure how we are a 6-10 team when our record says 9-7.
Annoying when folks never miss an opportunity to miss the entire point.

Point: Their is little to no difference between a 6-10 team and a SB winner other then a Hot QB. League is in full on parity.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Annoying when folks never miss an opportunity to miss the entire point.

Point: Their is little to no difference between a 6-10 team and a SB winner other then a Hot QB. League is in full on parity.

Then make that point and don't make little condescending remarks towards the Giants after. You are what your record says you are.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
You know, if they simply said, yeah we got some big breaks through the luck of the die ... but no, gotta keep insisting. Enjoy it, you gave the NFL a bad beat. Pot is yours no matter how awful your play was.

I guess that is why Vegas puts them at 15-1 in spite of. Cuz they are stooooopid Cowboy homers out there who know nothing of football also.

Again, the difference between 6-10 and a SB Champion is so minute as to be negligible at this time in the NFL. So long as your QB is hot ... sky is the limit.

With respect to the Cowboys, I agree they need a heart transplant but I have been saying this for years.
From a Cowboys fan that knows nothing about football, let me drop some knowledge on you. If you apply your theory of a "Hot QB" is the difference between an ok team and a Superbowl Champion the Cowboys would replace the Giants. Romo was far better then Eli over the last eight games of the season:

Romo: 18 td/3 int.... 169/239 71% completion ratio... and with the exception of the Eagles game where he tossed two passes he only had one game with a QB rating less then 95.

Manning 14td/10int.... 183/309 59% completion ratio... and three performances less than 75.

Still I will tip my hat to Eli for playing with great testicular fortitude and leading his team it the championship, but there is a much larger explanation to the G-Men catching fire then his play alone.

The Giants Defense particularly the defense of line started to dominate the second half of the season. Ranking 3rd in sacks with 48 (2 behind #1) and 4th in takeaways. Over the last 8 games the defense racked up 23 sacks and an abundance of pressure that lead to additional takeaways.

On the Flip side of the ball the O-line finally secured stability halfway through the season only allowing 14 sacks over the last 10 games... that's allowing about one and half sacks per game. Couple that with the emergence of Victor Cruz and his Vacuum threat on safeties, creating one on one matchups for Nicks and Manningham on vertical routes = Instant Explosiveness.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice discussion on GAC with Broaddus about what I've always believed our main problem was, mental toughness.

TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote