Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
"Why would you want a sword made of glass?" - My dad.
Well, it's volcanic glass from the Red Mountain in Morrowind, so it's basically obsidian. And obsidian...

Quote:
...well-crafted obsidian blades have a cutting edge many times sharper than high-quality steel surgical scalpels, the cutting edge of the blade being only about 3 nanometers thick.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsidian
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo I can't play Skyrim, cause the game keeps skipping, first it was video lag, not it is sound lag. The disk is clean, I have installed the game on my HD, so I don't know what is wrong. Anyone else have this problem with xbox? I'm thinking of deleting the game and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, buy used from gamestop and then return like 5 days later saying it wasn't my thing, but just switching the disk out.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Soooo I can't play Skyrim, cause the game keeps skipping, first it was video lag, not it is sound lag. The disk is clean, I have installed the game on my HD, so I don't know what is wrong. Anyone else have this problem with xbox? I'm thinking of deleting the game and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, buy used from gamestop and then return like 5 days later saying it wasn't my thing, but just switching the disk out.
What do you mean by skipping? Mine would freeze a lot but I think that was because of the autosave feature. I started over again and turned the autosave off and haven't had a problem. Although I'm not as far in as I previously was.

I'm so addicted to this game. I have to play at least an hour every game. I'm going home to NJ for the Super Bowl and I have to take my PS3 with me because I can't imagine not playing at least a little Skyrim until Tuesday. Pathetic.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It starts lagging, not skipping. Like as i'm fighting I will swing my sword like 1 sec late, like when you playing online and then somebody in your house starts downloading something and everything goes to hell in your game as you die over and over. Video stop lagging, but now the sound is lagging, it just pauses in the middle for a sec and starts where it left off, every .5 seconds.

I only have 3 auto save files and 2 manual save files.

Did the new updates come out yet?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should really just turn autosave off. That seems to cause a lot of the problems for console users that I've read.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
You should really just turn autosave off. That seems to cause a lot of the problems for console users that I've read.
It has made my play much better. And I've only been burned badly once by having it off and losing a lot of progress.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna have to do that too. It has started to freeze up on my ps3 here and there.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah just turn off autosave. I had the same issues as you guys, turned it off and I have no more freezes.

edit: 5000 posts!!

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shoot arrow.

Miss.

Spend 5 minutes looking for it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not trying to be the bash Skyrim guy, because it's a fun game, but man the many quirks the game has really take away from the experience. I just killed a dragon in Riverwood and the people were just going about their merry business as I'm fighting the thing. The dragon ended up killing the town blacksmith and his daughter, yet everyone goes about their business with a big dragon carcass in the middle of the road and two human carcasses sitting on a porch.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'm not trying to be the bash Skyrim guy, because it's a fun game, but man the many quirks the game has really take away from the experience. I just killed a dragon in Riverwood and the people were just going about their merry business as I'm fighting the thing. The dragon ended up killing the town blacksmith and his daughter, yet everyone goes about their business with a big dragon carcass in the middle of the road and two human carcasses sitting on a porch.
There has to be a basic layer of programming for the towns people. They need to be kept on rails to an extent, and if that means ignoring a randomly occuring dragon, then that's the price gamers have to pay in exchange for a game this big. I think the developers make up for this with the guards. They'll fight the dragon alongside you, and once you defeat it, they'll gather around the carcass and make astonished remarks about you being Dragonborn.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Ke$ha is sexy. I'm drunk. So that explains why I think that. Only reasonable explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy. I'm drunk. So that explains why I think that. Only reasonable explanation.
I hope you're drunk because you basically just said you're *** for John Travolta.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-06-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah wow damn. I'm just gonna go ahead and hand in my man card for the time being. I'm sorry to disappoint all of you. And with that, I'm off an a Skyrim-like adventure, to kill a great beast with my bare hands, in order to get the card back. So until then, farewell gentlemen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

This is something that was talked about a while back but I want to see if those that have multiple characters have noticed this. I have two characters, a generic warrior and a mage. The warrior gets attacked by dragons pretty regularly. My mage though, nothing. I have to search them out in their nests via map. Weird.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-06-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I never noticed a difference between my characters and the rate of dragon attacks, though my very first character seemed to be a magnet for multi-dragon attacks.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I hope you're drunk because you basically just said you're *** for John Travolta.
Quote:
Yeah wow damn. I'm just gonna go ahead and hand in my man card for the time being. I'm sorry to disappoint all of you. And with that, I'm off an a Skyrim-like adventure, to kill a great beast with my bare hands, in order to get the card back. So until then, farewell gentlemen.
You guys are talkin' straight up nonsense.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 02-06-2012 at 03:08 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Ive watched over 60 hours of gameply between 3 of my friends, but I never actually played it myself.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guy is at a point where I'll get attacked by a dragon in nearly every city I go to. I'll say 50 percent of my fast travels result in a dragon attack.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
My guy is at a point where I'll get attacked by a dragon in nearly every city I go to. I'll say 50 percent of my fast travels result in a dragon attack.
WTF. I wish that would happen to me.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-06-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Fast traveling seems to increase the chances of having a random dragon encounter. I think I had one show up outside of Windhelm about 5 straight times when I fast traveled there.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That happens to me. It almost feels like a chore at this point:

dragonrend, run up, kill with sword, wait as soul is absorbed. feel tempted to kill anyone that talks to me about a goddamn dragon.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I like to just play with them. I'll try to lead them towards guards or settlements or bandits or giants or whatever, then dragonrend them. Hilarity sometimes ensues.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to get better at archery. I would love to get to a point where I can one- or two-hit a dragon and kill it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote