Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: Peyton Manning on the Vikings: What do you think?
I'm not as high as you are, clearly. 2 13.33%
Would rather stick with Ponder, draft Kalil, and throw money at one of the good receivers out there 4 26.67%
It's an interesting theory, but never gonna happen. 8 53.33%
Holy crap....I actually think you're onto something here. 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default The Manning Theory

I'm going to preface this with that I still believe the Redskins, Jets, Cardinals, and maybe even the Titans are going to be the front-runners for Peyton Manning after he gets cut.

However, I think there will be some darkhorse candidates, and that the Vikings are one of them.

The theory:
1) The Vikings have a history of bringing in great QBs towards the end of their careers (Warren Moon, and even though they were brought in to be backups there was Jeff George (who I probably shouldn't label as great, but was a pretty good QB here) and Randall Cunningham, they flirted with Dan Marino for an offseason once, and of course Favre and McNabb - both of whom Zygi signed off on).
2) Zygi thought Favre would get him a stadium - would he think Manning could get him a stadium?
3) The Vikings will have the money.
4) Harvin, Rudolph, and eventually AP should be enough firepower to entice Manning (and I'm also of the opinion Reggie Wayne is gonna follow Manning wherever he goes).
5) You get Kalil with the 3rd pick and move Johnson to guard and the line looks a lot better.

Again, just a theory, just speculation.

What do you think?
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote