Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What's your prediction for the Giants the rest of the year
Schedule is brutal, they'll lose enough to just miss out on the playoffs 24 32.43%
Make playoffs, but exit with a 1st round loss 18 24.32%
Make playoffs, win a playoff game 19 25.68%
Reach NFC Title game 3 4.05%
Super Bowl loss 2 2.70%
Super Bowl win 8 10.81%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,754
Reputation: 347319
BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Edit: For people reading:

Ballin

SuperPacker

Ballin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
There are a lot of Pro Football Focus stats that I could bring up about our offense being the most vertical in the league, that we have the highest YIA and YAC (might be second in YAC, i'm not exactly sure but its first or second). But I am going to throw that all out because I want to focus moreso on the comparisons between them to show you they are both high caliber players. And this whole business about the system of the Packers being the reason why Rodgers is so good is debatable, but ultimately its stupid to say because we've seen what Rodgers has done.

Please no, not PFF!

Some of their stuff is worthy of using in an argument, but you can't make them your entire argument, and stats aren't always telling about a player.

Rodgers and Manning both have a lot of dropped passes from their receivers, so that shouldn't be part of this. The way the packers are set up, having a tightend with great athleticism is one things that really helps Rodgers and something that Eli hasn't had since Shockey. He stretches the defense, and this ability to make the defense cover the whole field (space) instead of just players a reason why he is having an excellent season. The Giants have had to do this in other ways. Developing this vertical threat allows for the easier completions, easier reads, and more success.

Rodgers has the better receivers yes, but Manning has a run game to rely on.

32nd in the league in rushing, Bradshaw out many games with a fractured foot, Jacobs had a ruptured/partially torn MCL and missed multiple games as well (MCL injuries aren't easy to play with, you dont feel right and it takes awhile to get back to normal). Our ypc was less than the Packers, and our OL was pretty bad with Beatty and Baas was injured. Alot of the reason for the resurgence of our run game is being healthy, Boothe being in the lineup, and defenses being worn down at the end of the season. Establishing a vertical passing game of course opens up the run too, keeps the safeties back, everyone has to take read steps, etc.

Evaluating them individually, Rodgers is much more mobily, has a quicker release, and is very accurate on throws in the middle. Eli might have a tad better armstrength, but not much, is more accurate deep and to the sideline. I have never seen two quarterbacks be this accurate and clutch downfield. Eli also is better presnap, and I am willing to prove it a million times over. He is getting to the point where in a few years, he might be as good as his brother. Rodgers does a lot of things presnap, but he isn't up to that level and the reason why this goes unnoticed is because he can extend plays with his mobility and make it a positive.

Rodgers mobility is what makes him the Elite of the Elite. If you rush him he'll just slide out he pocket and even become more accurate on the run. This makes him almost unstoppable. Eli really more accurate to the sideline? Rodgers back shoulder throws are the best in the league which is a basically unstoppable play. Not sure about pre snap but vs the Lions Rodgers called the plays in the first half and actually put more points on the board than MM. This shows a great understanding of defenses and what you need to do to beat an offense. Rodgers could easily run the offense on his own.

No doubt, Rodgers mobility definitely does put him over the top. Being mobile is not what I was aiming at, Eli has established a very good pocket presence and it has made worlds difference this year. Quarterbacks who can actually run, being a threat, become more accurate because of players having to abandon their responsibilities, time for receivers to gain separation, and getting a different angle can really make an easier throw. Back shoulder throws are more a testament to the relationship between a quarterback and receiver. The receiver makes a read on a DB, if he is a hard corner (or close to the LOS) the WR typically runs a 9 or fly and if the corner is keeping up or ahead of the receiver, the receiver then converts to a comeback or simply stops and undercuts for the ball. That is not accuracy, that's using the coverage against the DB which happens often because greenbay gets alot of simplified man coverage because of the number of weapons that they have and being forced to double or shift coverage. Please never use the Lions as an example of defense, apart from them most defenses are forced to do what i said, which allows for much easier reads by Rodgers, a run game because in man coverage the players have to turn their backs and run with receivers, and shows favorable matchups i.e. Jordy Nelson on single coverage with Alphonso Smith.

Regarding Manning, yes he is more accurate deep to the sideline. Please watch his season, he is money. He has always been pretty good on deep balls, so I'm sure you can agree with me there.


Eli throws interceptions, but god damn, these interceptions are crazy. I am not saying these are great decisions, but deflections off of players' hands, helmets, etc.? We also don't throw the ball much in the redzone, there is a reason why our offense stalls in the redzone because our playcall gets soo conservative and run oriented. Rodgers has a lot of touchdowns, very little interceptions, so statistically he's better no doubt. But we literally, DO NOT PASS IT in the redzone.

This is the main reason Manning is not in Rodgers category. Interceptions. You can talk all you want about drops and being unlucky, but its not like its just this year. The same thing happened last year. It is definitely not just luck. Rodgers just takes care of the ball. IMO the most underrated trait a QB can have. The Eagles sucked because they turned the ball over, the 49ers won because they didnt. The Bills stopped winning when they stopped turning the ball over. Dont turn the ball over and you should be alright, and thats what Rodgers does.

I agree, Manning is unlucky but alot of these throws are ill-advised. When a drop results in an interception, the quarterback is almost always not at fault. I was moreso talking about last year than this year, last year there are more than 10 interceptions that were not his fault. This is where Rodger's mobility would give him a much bigger advantage, he doesn't have to worry as much about the time he holds onto the ball because he can escape the pressure. The Eagles sucked for a number of reasons, turnovers were one, but it was alot because of that defense, playcall, and unnecessary shots downfield. The 49ers won because the eagles had turnovers yes, but a lot of the reason was because the eagles throw the ball waay too much downfield when they should be running or getting easy completions to run clock.

I don't think its a surprise, but both of these quarterback have carried their teams. Both are elite quarterbacks, both are clutch. One of them has clearly had the better statistical year, but the other has put the team on his back in a much bigger way and has become a much more veteran player. If I want to win now, I don't know who I would choose. If I want to build a team around someone, I don't think theres any question it should be Rodgers, but now I think Eli could be just as good and maybe better.

Obviously i completely disagree and i dont even think its close. To me the two main reasons are because of Rodgers mobility and the minimal amount of mistakes and interceptions he makes. If Manning was on the Packers would we of gone 15-1? No.
We don't completely disagree, I think that Rodgers is in consideration for the best quarterback in the league because of his statistics and because of his ability, but I also think that Eli is one hell of a quarterback and I might take him over Rodgers if I had to win right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker
I dont care if your ranked 32 on rushing offense. The last four games your rushing offense has been well above average and this is probably why Mannings game has improved recently.
So you don't care if we had one of the worst YPC, YPG, and total yards and both of our runningbacks sustained injuries as well as our OL, we still were a better run offense than the Packers all season? Instead you wish to say that Eli has been better these last four games than during the season and didn't ball out all season? Cool story bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker
Webster is a good player who I should of put on the list, but f****** hell! Hes not Darelle Revis.
Hold on, you just said that Williams was better than Woodson (I don't think that but ok) and then said that you would put both over Webster, and before I put Webster on my roster you completely ignored him to put Terrell Thomas. This is alarming because T2 wasn't too good in man coverage, however he is excellent in zone, and Woodson is not to be considered just a CB, but a defensive weapon because he is used in many different ways. I want to hear the reasoning behind your rankings (Williams, Woodson, Thomas).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker
The amount of homerism is unbelievable! You could easily argue whether Manning should of even made it to the pro bowl. Stafford had a great year which IMO was better than Mannings.

Ask anyone thats not a Giants fan who's better Rodgers or Manning and Rodgers would easily get 95% of the votes. I cant even believe im discussing this.

Im not a stats guy. But look at these.

Completion %
Rodgers-68%
Manning-61%

Yards per Attempt
Rodgers-9.25
Manning-8.38

Touchdowns
Rodgers-45
Manning-29

Interceptions
Rodgers-6
Manning-16

Passer Rating
Rodgers-122.5
Manning-92.9

Yards per Game
Rodgers-310
Manning-308

Rodgers also got sacked 8 more times.
If you are not a stats guy, then how is Stafford's year better than Mannings? How much of Stafford's yardage and touchdowns was purely from chucking it up to CJ? And that's not an exaggeration, he literally sky'ed the ball in multiple games in hopes that CJ would come down with it.

Like I said previously, and I'm sure many other people can confirm this: the giants don't pass much in the redzone. Sure we have recently had a hard on for those goalline fades, but that didn't happen most of the season. This is alot of the reason why our offense has stalled in the redzone.

I clearly said that Rodgers had the better statistical season, by far. Like Rosebud was saying, his environment is very QB friendly regarding reads, personnel, and playcall. Flynn played a terrible Lions defense, but a lot of his throws were high percentage and good playcalling. That system is very good, but it is clear that Rodgers has been superb in it because of his ability as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker
Webster hate? I haven't hated on Webster. Hes a great man corner, struggles in zone still a bit but still i think hes a great player.

So Manning needs a run game and a defense to get his team winning whereas Rodgers has had neither all season and led us too a 15-1 season.

Manning is a good QB but the people comparing him to Rodgers are deluded and im agreeing that Webster is a great player so whats your argument?
Not including him over T2 shows that you don't know much about Webster. Sure T2 is good at forcing turnovers, in zone, and in run defense, but he has been had in man coverage. Webster has been phenomenal since his reemergence in the 2007-2008 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker
Blaming Rodgers? I blame the Offensive line that had Marshall Newhouse and Evan Dietrich-Smith (two poor excuses of players) protecting him. Rodgers might be at fault for some of the sacks but he gets out of a lot of sacks because of his athleticism.
Don't disagree with this at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker
I just remember him getting beat by Donald Driver in the game earlier this season in the corner of the end zone. He shouldn't of let that happen.

What does Manning do that Rodgers cant?
He got beat by Driver for four reasons. 1. Driver made a good play to come back to the front corner of the endzone. 2. Driver pushed off by pulling webster toward the back of the endzone. 3. Rodgers kept the play alive and his eyes downfield. 4. we had a 3 man rush against a very mobile quarterback.

-Presnap adjustments
-More accurate Deep throws/sideline
-Look like he has downs
-Probably better at playaction fakes
-Throw that ball to Jake Ballard(one of the slowest TE's in the NFL) in the NE game
-Clutch




Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker
My point is Rodgers had no defense or rush game and took the Packers to 15-1, Eli had no defense or rush game and took the Giants too 9-7. That is a fair point aimed at the people thinking Manning is just as good or even better than Rodgers.
Rodgers had a more productive and efficient run game than Eli did, He had a hell of a lot more turnovers by the defense which means more possessions, and his return game didn't make him start with the ball inside his own 20 most of the season. Please, don't even about special teams kickoffs, we have been terrible for as long as I can remember.

Ok, so clearly since the only variable between their team's records is the quarterback position, not the other 10 people on the field, coaches, opponents, or any other conditions? That is an asinine explanation to a point aimed at the people who would prefer Eli in a situation to win now. Stop bending my words please.
__________________


Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 01-14-2012 at 03:06 AM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,667
Reputation: 1160127
Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
One Giants fan said Eli might be better than Rodgers so don't paint us all with the same brush.
Fair enough.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:01 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,754
Reputation: 347319
BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
No he couldn't. Except by Giants homers.
Please bless us with your godly wisdom. In the words of Deion, I believe in Eli.
__________________


Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 01-14-2012 at 03:09 AM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:14 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: awkward
Posts: 11,144
Reputation: 2253820
SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post

Ballin

SuperPacker


We don't completely disagree, I think that Rodgers is in consideration for the best quarterback in the league because of his statistics and because of his ability, but I also think that Eli is one hell of a quarterback and I might take him over Rodgers if I had to win right now.

You have yet to give some good reason why.

So you don't care if we had one of the worst YPC, YPG, and total yards and both of our runningbacks sustained injuries as well as our OL, we still were a better run offense than the Packers all season? Instead you wish to say that Eli has been better these last four games than during the season and didn't ball out all season? Cool story bro.

Yeah whatever the numbers are, they both had bad defenses, both had bad run games and have both had injured offensive lines. Rodgers went 15-1 and Manning went 9-7, but you're still telling me you might rather have Manning...

Hold on, you just said that Williams was better than Woodson (I don't think that but ok) and then said that you would put both over Webster, and before I put Webster on my roster you completely ignored him to put Terrell Thomas. This is alarming because T2 wasn't too good in man coverage, however he is excellent in zone, and Woodson is not to be considered just a CB, but a defensive weapon because he is used in many different ways. I want to hear the reasoning behind your rankings (Williams, Woodson, Thomas).

What i said was, If you think Woodson is better than Webster you need to have Williams over him as well, because Williams is better than Woodson. IMO Woodson is not better than Webster, i meant to put him in and i've already said that.

If you are not a stats guy, then how is Stafford's year better than Mannings? How much of Stafford's yardage and touchdowns was purely from chucking it up to CJ? And that's not an exaggeration, he literally sky'ed the ball in multiple games in hopes that CJ would come down with it.

Like I said previously, and I'm sure many other people can confirm this: the giants don't pass much in the redzone. Sure we have recently had a hard on for those goalline fades, but that didn't happen most of the season. This is alot of the reason why our offense has stalled in the redzone.

I clearly said that Rodgers had the better statistical season, by far. Like Rosebud was saying, his environment is very QB friendly regarding reads, personnel, and playcall. Flynn played a terrible Lions defense, but a lot of his throws were high percentage and good playcalling. That system is very good, but it is clear that Rodgers has been superb in it because of his ability as well.


Its the comebacks that do it for me, and that his injury spell was reason for him throwing those 9 interceptions. Throw those 3 games away and Staffords will have been a lot more successful than Mannings.

Rodgers has to makes reads he is more than capable of making play calls and does so on a regular basis. Personnel? WR's are pretty even, Nicks = Nelson, Jennings = Cruz and Manningham = Driver. Rodgers also had one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL this season. A line of Newhouse,Dietrich-Smith,Wells, Sitton and TJ Lang is certainly not something to be proud of. So basically the difference between Rodgers great greatly superior year is a TE? C'mon you must have a better argument than that.


Not including him over T2 shows that you don't know much about Webster. Sure T2 is good at forcing turnovers, in zone, and in run defense, but he has been had in man coverage. Webster has been phenomenal since his reemergence in the 2007-2008 season.

Yeah i've already said i should have put him in.

Don't disagree with this at all

Cool beans.

He got beat by Driver for four reasons. 1. Driver made a good play to come back to the front corner of the endzone. 2. Driver pushed off by pulling webster toward the back of the endzone. 3. Rodgers kept the play alive and his eyes downfield. 4. we had a 3 man rush against a very mobile quarterback.

-Presnap adjustments
-More accurate Deep throws/sideline
-Look like he has downs
-Probably better at playaction fakes
-Throw that ball to Jake Ballard(one of the slowest TE's in the NFL) in the NE game
-Clutch


I said things Manning does that Rodgers cant. Rodgers can make pre snap ajustments, he can make accurate throws deep and too the sideline, for example the play action bomb we throw to Jordy Nelson all the time and the sideline pass in the Packers/Giants game to Nelson on the last drive. How is Rodgers not clutch? He went from the 20 yard line to the Giants 20/30 in 50 seconds. Dont give me the Skip Bayless argument because the only reason Rodgers doesnt get credit for being clutch is because he doesnt have to put his team in close situations where he needs to score to win. Rodgers is simply too good to be seen as clutch.

The other points are pretty stupid so i'll move on.


Rodgers had a more productive and efficient run game than Eli did, He had a hell of a lot more turnovers by the defense which means more possessions, and his return game didn't make him start with the ball inside his own 20 most of the season. Please, don't even about special teams kickoffs, we have been terrible for as long as I can remember.

Ok, so clearly since the only variable between their team's records is the quarterback position, not the other 10 people on the field, coaches, opponents, or any other conditions? That is an asinine explanation to a point aimed at the people who would prefer Eli in a situation to win now. Stop bending my words please.


Whatever mate. No one agrees with you, even all the other Giants fans which really says something about your argument.
10 (Characters)
__________________



RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-14-2012 at 05:35 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:55 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 9,886
Reputation: 1472737
J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Maybe but Burnett and Peprah are both good safties aswell. IMO a Giants/Packers team would look like this:

QB - Rodgers - Packers
RB - Bradshaw - Giants
FB - Kuhn - Packers
TE - Finley - Packers
LT - Clifton - Packers
LG - Snee - Giants
C - Wells - Packers
RG - Sitton - Packers
RT - Bulaga - Packers
WR - Jennings - Packers
WR - Cruz - Giants

DL - Matthews - Packers
DL - Pierre-Paul - Giants
DL - Tuck - Giants
DL - Raji - Packers
LB - Bishop - Packers
LB - Boley - Packers
CB - Woodson - Packers
CB - Williams - Packers
CB - Thomas - Giants
S - Collins - Packers
S - Phillips - Giants

Thats 15 Packers to 7 Giants. Obviously im being biased though.
Boley not on the Packers yet.
And Collins not on the field at all.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,070
Reputation: 3440091
WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Taking Rodgers over Eli to "win right now" seems pretty silly.

With that said, the Giants scare the living **** out of me. I was hoping for ATL, and I wouldn't be shocked to see an upset. Last night I even had a dream that the Giants scored 43 points against this defense.

I, for one, am going to stay out of a Giants vs Packers pissing match.

Last edited by WCH : 01-14-2012 at 09:18 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,754
Reputation: 347319
BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

Ballin (previous comment)

SuperPacker

Ballin (new comment)

We don't completely disagree, I think that Rodgers is in consideration for the best quarterback in the league because of his statistics and because of his ability, but I also think that Eli is one hell of a quarterback and I might take him over Rodgers if I had to win right now.

You have yet to give some good reason why.

I already listed reasons. you just didn't quote them or acknowledge them.

So you don't care if we had one of the worst YPC, YPG, and total yards and both of our runningbacks sustained injuries as well as our OL, we still were a better run offense than the Packers all season? Instead you wish to say that Eli has been better these last four games than during the season and didn't ball out all season? Cool story bro.

Yeah whatever the numbers are, they both had bad defenses, both had bad run games and have both had injured offensive lines. Rodgers went 15-1 and Manning went 9-7, but you're still telling me you might rather have Manning...

Giants were ranked 32nd, averaged 3.5 per carry, 1,427 yards, 4 runs of more than 20 yards, and 6 fumbles. Packers were ranked 27th, averaged 3.9, 1,558 yards on almost 20 less attempts, and 4 fumbles. All those are relatively close, but the Giants stats are still worse. Our offensive line was and is still worse talent-wise. We haven't been a talented offensive line, but moreso because of chemistry, which they really didnt have the chance to develop with Baas and Beatty being inserted into the lineup, Baas getting injured, and musical offensive linemen ensued. If a defense bends and doesn't break, gets turnovers, and makes stops when stops are needed, that makes all the difference in the world. (Green Bay also scored 4 times on interceptions).

Hold on, you just said that Williams was better than Woodson (I don't think that but ok) and then said that you would put both over Webster, and before I put Webster on my roster you completely ignored him to put Terrell Thomas. This is alarming because T2 wasn't too good in man coverage, however he is excellent in zone, and Woodson is not to be considered just a CB, but a defensive weapon because he is used in many different ways. I want to hear the reasoning behind your rankings (Williams, Woodson, Thomas).

What i said was, If you think Woodson is better than Webster you need to have Williams over him as well, because Williams is better than Woodson. IMO Woodson is not better than Webster, i meant to put him in and i've already said that.

That's not what you said. You put both of them and thomas over webster. You changed that after you realized you didn't know anything about the Giants corners. I also really don't think Williams has played very well this year from PFF, reading, other people's opinions (J-Mike to cite someone in this discussion). Woodson maybe isn't the better pure cover corner right now, but he is the more valuable player at the position with what he is capable of (pretty much anything). Therefore Woodson and Webster would be my corners, if you want to go man to man, yes I would put Webster over Woodson but I put him above Webster because of how much he can and has done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker
IMO Woodson is not better than Webster, i meant to put him in and i've already said that.

Wow. You have lost any credibility defending yourself on this. You put Woodson, Williams, and Thomas over Webster. You clearly did not mean to put him in.


If you are not a stats guy, then how is Stafford's year better than Mannings? How much of Stafford's yardage and touchdowns was purely from chucking it up to CJ? And that's not an exaggeration, he literally sky'ed the ball in multiple games in hopes that CJ would come down with it.

Like I said previously, and I'm sure many other people can confirm this: the giants don't pass much in the redzone. Sure we have recently had a hard on for those goalline fades, but that didn't happen most of the season. This is alot of the reason why our offense has stalled in the redzone.

I clearly said that Rodgers had the better statistical season, by far. Like Rosebud was saying, his environment is very QB friendly regarding reads, personnel, and playcall. Flynn played a terrible Lions defense, but a lot of his throws were high percentage and good playcalling. That system is very good, but it is clear that Rodgers has been superb in it because of his ability as well.


Its the comebacks that do it for me, and that his injury spell was reason for him throwing those 9 interceptions. Throw those 3 games away and Staffords will have been a lot more successful than Mannings.

You just dug yourself a grave. Comebacks and Eli. The comeback Stafford had against Dallas was that defense, who forced 2 interceptions that were returned for touchdowns and Calvin Johnson who caught balls that were chucked up into triple coverage. Eli has had 5 4th quarter comebacks, and the NFL record 15 touchdown passes in the 4th quarter. It makes sense because the 4th quarter seems when Eli can run the no-huddle and make his own play call. Stafford's comebacks aren't very impressive and their terrible defense actually made some stops, allowing them to get 4 field goals in the 4th quarter...yeah good job Stafford, that's all you. Despite not being a statistical guy, you base all of your argument on statistics and don't explain them...

Rodgers has to makes reads he is more than capable of making play calls and does so on a regular basis. Personnel? WR's are pretty even, Nicks = Nelson, Jennings = Cruz and Manningham = Driver. Rodgers also had one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL this season. A line of Newhouse,Dietrich-Smith,Wells, Sitton and TJ Lang is certainly not something to be proud of. So basically the difference between Rodgers great greatly superior year is a TE? C'mon you must have a better argument than that.

He makes reads, against simplified defenses a lot of the time. It's close, but Jones? Yeah we only have 3 good receiving options, and i loosely use the word good in Manningham's case, he's had production but he dropped multiple touchdowns (one would've given us the lead over San Fran with less than 2 min to go). Rodgers mobility coupled with the fact that you didn't have a worse offensive line is something to be more proud of than the Giant's situation. Basically the difference between Rodger's personnel is OLmen, TE, depth at receiver, and less complicated system that allows for easier reads, completions, and yardage.

Not including him over T2 shows that you don't know much about Webster. Sure T2 is good at forcing turnovers, in zone, and in run defense, but he has been had in man coverage. Webster has been phenomenal since his reemergence in the 2007-2008 season.

Yeah i've already said i should have put him in.

But you didnt...and are saying that Woodson and Williams are better than him still.

Don't disagree with this at all

Cool beans.

He got beat by Driver for four reasons. 1. Driver made a good play to come back to the front corner of the endzone. 2. Driver pushed off by pulling webster toward the back of the endzone. 3. Rodgers kept the play alive and his eyes downfield. 4. we had a 3 man rush against a very mobile quarterback.

-Presnap adjustments
-More accurate Deep throws/sideline
-Look like he has downs
-Probably better at playaction fakes
-Throw that ball to Jake Ballard(one of the slowest TE's in the NFL) in the NE game
-Clutch



I said things Manning does that Rodgers cant. Rodgers can make pre snap ajustments, he can make accurate throws deep and too the sideline, for example the play action bomb we throw to Jordy Nelson all the time and the sideline pass in the Packers/Giants game to Nelson on the last drive. How is Rodgers not clutch? He went from the 20 yard line to the Giants 20/30 in 50 seconds. Dont give me the Skip Bayless argument because the only reason Rodgers doesnt get credit for being clutch is because he doesnt have to put his team in close situations where he needs to score to win. Rodgers is simply too good to be seen as clutch.

Ok what can Rodgers do that Eli can't? Eli can run, he just showed it (albeit it was extremely surprising). Eli can escape pressure, avoid a sack, and make throws. If your argument is that he doesn't do it as often or as well, then I can say the same for the stuff I listed. Eli has done those things better than Rodgers.

The other points are pretty stupid so i'll move on.

Great argument.

Rodgers had a more productive and efficient run game than Eli did, He had a hell of a lot more turnovers by the defense which means more possessions, and his return game didn't make him start with the ball inside his own 20 most of the season. Please, don't even about special teams kickoffs, we have been terrible for as long as I can remember.

Ok, so clearly since the only variable between their team's records is the quarterback position, not the other 10 people on the field, coaches, opponents, or any other conditions? That is an asinine explanation to a point aimed at the people who would prefer Eli in a situation to win now. Stop bending my words please.


Whatever mate. No one agrees with you, even all the other Giants fans which really says something about your argument.

Giants fans don't disagree with me, and even if they do it shouldn't matter because an argument isnt decided by the number of followers (most of the time) but the facts and explanation. If we were like you the world would still be flat. You don't say anything about Rodgers other than he's good, he's great, etc. That, among other things you've said, really says something about your knowledge/integrity.
(10 Characters)
__________________


Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 9,886
Reputation: 1472737
J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

WTF? Too colorful here.... you two should just instant message or text each other.

The Giants are good, can beat anyone (except Saints in NO).
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:50 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,754
Reputation: 347319
BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
WTF? Too colorful here.... you two should just instant message or text each other.

The Giants are good, can beat anyone (except Saints in NO).
Mah bad. They've had our number home or away it seems, but they are an unstoppable force at home.
__________________


Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,754
Reputation: 347319
BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I will stand by my evaluation. Eli is definitely more clutch and accurate on deep balls and to the sideline.
__________________


Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 637
Reputation: 803957
robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

can i change my vote?
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 9,886
Reputation: 1472737
J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Dammit!
See, this was the team I feared the most.....wanted them OUT of the playoffs.... but Romo couldn't hit a wide-****ing-open Miles Austin late in that game in Dallas which would have stuck a fork in the Giants season.

People need to forget about the W-L records once the playoffs start.


CONGRATS TO THE GIANTS.... a great coach, and a clutch QB in New York.
Jets vs Giants week 16, imagine a lot of people thought the Jets would win.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Dammit!
See, this was the team I feared the most.....wanted them OUT of the playoffs.... but Romo couldn't hit a wide-****ing-open Miles Austin late in that game in Dallas which would have stuck a fork in the Giants season.

People need to forget about the W-L records once the playoffs start.


CONGRATS TO THE GIANTS.... a great coach, and a clutch QB in New York.
Jets vs Giants week 16, imagine a lot of people thought the Jets would win.
No other QB in the history of football has had as many significant mind blowing collapses as Tony Romo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 9,886
Reputation: 1472737
J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No other QB in the history of football has had as many significant mind blowing collapses as Tony Romo.
I'd have to agree with that, but if you are talking about in the playoffs, Farve takes the cake for sure there.
It's no wonder Romo grew up in WI watching that gunslinger whereas Brady & Rodgers grew up watching Montana & Young in the NoCal area.
Coincidences?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,357
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Damn this thread is colorful!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.