Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 02-06-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official 2012 Off-Season Thread

Well, it's now official. The Super Bowl is over and the Off-Season has officially begun. Rumors, signings, hirings, firings, draft discussions, etc. can be posted here.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my first official Mock off-season. Let me know what you think.

Our Free Agents:
Resignings:
- DE Michael Bennett (RFA)
- OG/OC Jeremy Zuttah
- K Connor Barth
- CB Elbert Mack
- RB Lagarette Blount (RFA)
- WR Preston Parker

Let Walk:
- DT Roy Miller
- WR Michael Spurlock
- RB/FB Ernest Graham
- RB Kregg Lumpkin
- SS Sean Jones
- FS/SS Corey Lynch
- LB Geno Hates
- QB Josh Johnson

Cut:
- C Jeff Faine
- CB Myron Lewis or EJ Biggers (Who ever sucks the least)

Trade

FA Signings (Realistic):
- MLB Curtis Lofton: I think the Falcons, in there pursuit of contacting Channing Crowder, might see it as a more reasonable task to retain Grimes than Lofton. We have the money and Lofton was brilliant and is a leader. Him and Foster would form a young, physical, and dynamic LB duo at the Weak and Middle positions. Plus, we steal an up and coming pro bowl caliber LB from a division rival.

- WR Eddie Royal : We need that Speedy WR to stretch the field. Royal has been struggling ever since his dynamic Rookie season, but he can be that under the radar addition with great value to a team needing a complimentary down the field type of guy.

- CB Richard Marshall: Hopefully Arizona fails to re-sign him. He was a solid corner for the Cards in the final 6 games of the year and really held his own. He could be a good #2 CB for us.

- SS Courtney Greene: Ties to Schiano back in his Rutger playing days. Could be a solid addition to compete for time at SS.

- TE Martellus Bennette: I think Dallas has had enough of Bennette. He’d be an under the radar signing, but there is no doubt there is some un-tapped talent and potential there. With Winslow’s attitude that could buy him the 1 way ticket out of Tampa, Bennette could see some playing time.

- QB Dennis Dixon: Back up to Free.

DRAFT:

1st Round: Trent Richardson RB Alabama: Schiano wants a dominate and physical Running attack. This guy is the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson and he will wear down defenses, especially with Blount being a backup as well. If the Bucs add a speed back later in the draft, they’d have the “Trifecta” at that position.

2nd Round: Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State: Mauler that can fill in at LG. The running game is going to open up the passing offense. This can be a legit offense that wears defenses down.

3rd Round: Leonard Johnson CB Iowa State: Go back to Iowa State route and get a tough and physical CB that can compete for the #2/3 spot right away. Won’t make plays in terms of pick 6 or high number of INTs, but he will defend the run, break up passes, and won’t bite and jump routes to go for the INT and risk the big play. Stays with his man at all times.

5th Round: Chris Rainey RB Florida: Yes. Get that speedster from Florida who can start off returning kicks and be the scat back version of the Saints Darren Sproles. Freeman is loving his new weapons.

6th Round: Tank Carder OLB TCU: Love this guy. He can bring a physical presence to special teams and add depth to our LB core.

7th round: Josh Ogelsby RT Wisconsin: All big 10 selection. Add’s depth/competition to Trueblood.

2012 Roster/Depth Chart Outlook:

QB: *Freeman/Dixon
RB: *Richardson/Blount/Rainey/Modu
FB: *Lorig
WRX: *M.Williams/Royal/Parker
WRZ: *Briscoe/Benn/
TE: *Winslow/Bennette/Stocker/
LT: *Penn/Dotson
LG: *Osmele/Larsen
C: *Zuttah/
RG: *Joseph/Hardmen
RT: *Trueblood/Ogelsby

LDE: *Bowers/Bennett
NT: *Price/Haynesworth
UT: *McCoy/Okam
RDE: *Clayborn/Johnson
SLB: *Watson/Black
MLB: *Lofton/Heyword
WLB: *Foster/Carder
CB: *Talib/Mack
FS: *Jackson/Black
SS: *Grimm/Assante/Greene (competition in Training camp)
CB: *Marshall/Johnson/(Biggers or Lewis or Gaitor)

K: Barth
P: Koenen.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would Love to have Lofton on our team. If we go Richardson with our first pick which I have no problem with at all. I would like us to go DB in round 2.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Wasting 2 draft picks on running backs?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Eddie Royal = Preston Parker
I hope we go after one of the Jackson's.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Whoa sorry about the duplicate posts guys, not sure how that happened.

Okay now they have disappeared, my iPad is possessed!

Last edited by kBuc5 : 02-06-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took care of them sir.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Thanks Caddy.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

What about Mario Williams or Mathis? Have Bennett and Bowers coming off the bench.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
What about Mario Williams or Mathis? Have Bennett and Bowers coming off the bench.
Mario Williams I would say yes yes yes too. Every team in the league should try and sign him. Other than him though, I'm not really sure we should go after any defensive ends other than for depth purposes. Clayborn has RE locked down and I would really like to see Bowers get an opportunity as a starter. I expect a full on competition come the off-season between him and Bennett.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Eddie Royal = Preston Parker
I hope we go after one of the Jackson's.
Tell me how Eddie Royal is the same player as Preston Parker? Eddie Royal is a deep threat. Parker has nothing but average speed at best. Royal can stretch the field while Parker is only good in short yardage routes over the middle.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Mario Williams I would say yes yes yes too. Every team in the league should try and sign him. Other than him though, I'm not really sure we should go after any defensive ends other than for depth purposes. Clayborn has RE locked down and I would really like to see Bowers get an opportunity as a starter. I expect a full on competition come the off-season between him and Bennett.
I think Williams is going to be Tagged by the Texans and be held up for a trade.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I think Williams is going to be Tagged by the Texans and be held up for a trade.
Yeah it'd be a shock if they just let him walk. All 31 teams in the NFL should go out and try and sign him.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah it'd be a shock if they just let him walk. All 31 teams in the NFL should go out and try and sign him.
They'd be stupid to let him walk. If they tag him and put him on the block, I gurantee you someone will offer up a 1st round pick for him, someone like Seattle, Cleveland (2 1st rounders currently), Detroit, etc.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Tell me how Eddie Royal is the same player as Preston Parker? Eddie Royal is a deep threat. Parker has nothing but average speed at best. Royal can stretch the field while Parker is only good in short yardage routes over the middle.
Well Preston Parker avg more YPC last year for starters. Royal benefitted from playing with Brandon Marshall his rookie year and sucked the next year, they moved him to slot and he played better, which is where he should be. Most of his big plays came on short passes and him making a guy miss or breaking a tackle. He's never been a deep threat guy.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 02-08-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
They'd be stupid to let him walk. If they tag him and put him on the block, I gurantee you someone will offer up a 1st round pick for him, someone like Seattle, Cleveland (2 1st rounders currently), Detroit, etc.
If they tag Mario Williams it's a 22 million dollar tag, that is insane. I think they are at the cap level also and I don't think he is their only FA. They might be forced to.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Butch Davis has joined the Buccaneers as a “senior defensive assistant” from Joebucsfan.com.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Butch Davis has joined the Buccaneers as a “senior defensive assistant” from Alex Marvez at Foxsports.com.
Fixed it. Joebucs is just a blogger for the most part

Old 02-09-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Fixed it. Joebucs is just a blogger for the most part
I know, but he's very good at dropping info. PTF gets bucs info from joebucs.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I know, but he's very good at dropping info. PTF gets bucs info from joebucs.
Meh. They steal more stuff from the Pewter Report. Plus I was following the Butch Davis stuff as soon as it broke, first via foxsports and second via Rick Stroud. He isn't the quickest news outlet out there.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st Morris Claiborne
2nd Doug Martin
3rd Harrison Smith
5th Devon Wylie
6th Donte Paige-Moss
7th Mike Daniels

Sign:
Ben Grubbs
Tim Jennings
Amobi Okoye
D'Qwell Jackson

And I'd be a happy camper
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I think an offseason like that makes sense and is realistic too.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Updated Mock off-season:

Our Free Agents:
Resignings:
- DE Michael Bennett (RFA)
- OG/OC Jeremy Zuttah
- K Connor Barth
- CB Elbert Mack
- RB Lagarette Blount (RFA)
- WR Preston Parker

Let Walk:
- DT Roy Miller
- WR Michael Spurlock
- RB/FB Ernest Graham
- RB Kregg Lumpkin
- SS Sean Jones
- FS/SS Corey Lynch
- LB Geno Hates
- QB Josh Johnson

Cut:

- CB Myron Lewis or EJ Biggers (Who ever sucks the least)

Trade

FA Signings (Realistic):
- MLB Curtis Lofton: I think the Falcons, in there pursuit of contacting Channing Crowder, might see it as a more reasonable task to retain Grimes than Lofton. We have the money and Lofton was brilliant and is a leader. Him and Foster would form a young, physical, and dynamic LB duo at the Weak and Middle positions. Plus, we steal an up and coming pro bowl caliber LB from a division rival.

- CB Cortland Finnegan: He brings a nasty Demeanor and a physical presence that our defense lacks. If Talib is found not guilty, these two would be an excellent tandem.

- RB Mike Tolbert: We want a physical Running game and we'll get one. Great Pick up here.

- WR Eddie Royal: We need a deep threat and guy to work the slot. He's a bargain.

- QB Dennis Dixon: Back up to Free.

Trades: Bucs trade WR Mike Williams to St. Louis for a 4th round pick.

DRAFT:

1st Round: Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State: Word is the coaching staff isn't high on Mike Williams as a #1 and view both Benn, Briscoe, and Williams as #2 options. So, I think they can get value for Mike Williams as a 3/4 round er. Blackmon is a dynamic WR who can take over ball games. Can stretch the field and has great hands and leaping ability, especially for a guy who's 6'1. Reminds me a lot of Michael Irvin.

2nd Round: Doug Martin RB Boise State: Bucs need to add another back to the 3 headed monster. Freeman is well secure right now with weapons. Martin is a 3 down back and this offense can physically wear down defenses in the trenches.

3rd Round: Mike Martin DT Michigan: Bucs need help on the dline, in terms of depth. They don't have much behind McCoy and Price, who both have dealt with injuries there first 2 years. Martin is a beast that can fill in as a rotational guy.

4th Round (Via St. Louis): Ryan Steed CB Furman : We need to add depth to the secondary and Steed can step in at the Nickle. Has good ball skills and kind of reminds me of Tramon Williams a bit.

5th Round: Brandon Brooks OG Miami (OH): Depth at the G position and can compete with Zuttah until he slides over to C and moves in at LG.

6th ROund: James Hanna TE Oklahoma: Combine performer. Why not take a flyer on him. Good athlete who is a boom or bust pick.

7th round: Josh Ogelsby RT Wisconsin: All big 10 selection. Add’s depth/competition to Trueblood.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hi guys. Rams fan coming in peace! Just a quick question for you all...if Kalil was to fall to you at #5 do you think the Bucs would take him?
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Hi guys. Rams fan coming in peace! Just a quick question for you all...if Kalil was to fall to you at #5 do you think the Bucs would take him?
I don't think so. Penn is a pro bowler and his play shows it every year. He just doesn't get the recognition across the league, but he's a top 10 LT in this league. IF you have those you don't replace them.