Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-06-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
The number of drops by Roddy sucks, there's no doubt about it. Especially when compared to last year when it was week 15 or so before his first drop of the season.

But Cruz is a joke to me, when the ATL secondary without Grimes and shut him out of a game almost completely, he's a joke. He's nothing more than a product of some lucky bounces and missed assignments to me. Nicks is the real threat, and he had his fair share of drops too, as did Cruz.
Come on now, Cruz is a baller.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Come on now, Cruz is a baller.
He might become one, but to me right now he's too plain, too normal, nothing special about him. The yardage this year was nothing less than massively impressive, but 1 year to me is a fluke thing. If he can produce even remotely close to that level again next year I'll be surprised, but I would see him as more viable.

I'm not trying to hate on the guy because I think he's got his own thing going and it's cool sort of his story makes me want to root for him, but I'm just not overly impressed if our really poor secondary can shut him down I think next season is going to be tough for him.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But Cruz is a joke to me, when the ATL secondary without Grimes and shut him out of a game almost completely, he's a joke. He's nothing more than a product of some lucky bounces and missed assignments to me. Nicks is the real threat, and he had his fair share of drops too, as did Cruz.
This is just ridiculous.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
This is just ridiculous.
Facts are ridiculous to you?
Old 02-07-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Facts are ridiculous to you?
http://www.nfl.com/player/victorcruz/2507855/profile

Stats IMO.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

Precisely. Dur, 80+ catches and 1500+ yards of blown assignments and lucky bounces!

Highest YPC with more than 45 catches? Too plain, too normal, nothing special. Dur.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

What's even more funny:

Cruz has a poor game against the Falcons in the playoffs? He sucks.

Ryan plays like **** in the Giants game, and throughout his playoff career? No, he's as good as the 2 time Super Bowl MVP. Dur.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
You should go watch baseball because the NFL isn't about stats, it's simply not. Watch him play, watch what he does, watch the 99 yard TD catch, watch another really long touchdown pass that bounces off not 1 but 2 defenders hands, if you actually had watched the Giants this year you'd be able to see why I say he's nothing special.

His stats are spectacular (as I stated) but he's going to have to do it consistently to be anything in my mind.

As far as ATL kid goes, you're taking everything and blowing it out of proportion just like a child does when they're trying to prove a point. You claim that Eli is some great all time elite QB now because he has 2 SB wins, vs Ryan having 0 playoff wins. Did Ryan play poorly against Arizona? Yep absolutely, but if you watched the game, and I'm sure you did, you'd remember a first half in which the Cardinals were allowed to play offsides on defense the entire first quarter+ without a single penalty. A rookie in his first playoff game in an environment like Arizona (which if You've never been there you wouldn't understand how loud it gets) had a mediocre game, oh darn.

The Green Bay game the whole team played the worst game of their careers. Ryan made a horrible decision to throw a pass that really ended the game at the end of the first half, which was only magnified in the 2nd half by the joke that was the entire Falcons team, especially Chris Owens.

Against the Giants Ryan played a very good game, if it weren't for Roddy's drops his stats would have matched his level of play in the game, against the Super Bowl Champs. That's one seem you seem to overlook, Ryan hasn't lost to a team that hasn't at least gone to the Super Bowl.

Even if you take away the 99 yard touchdown, just the 1 catch which was just an absolute abomination of what was supposed to be defense, that drops him a full yard per reception, and that's just 1 catch. But go on blind stat boy, go on.

Nevermind, you're not worth any more keystrokes. Go on and rant and rave as you will.

Last edited by the_dark_knight : 02-07-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caddy you stole my ******* line and you failed at it

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I know when I think of luck, it's always to the tune of the 3rd most receiving yards in the league, 80+ catches, highest YPC, and 9 TDs. Luck and good bounces, that's all.

Dur, blow everything out of proportion. I said Eli was an all time great QB where? I said what he is, a 2x SB MVP. And clearly better than Matt Ryan.

And Matt Ryan played a really good game. Wow. I mean, just wow. Because Roddy dropping 3-4 passes was the difference. No, Matt being overly jittery in the pocket had nothing to do with that loss. He's perfect, dur.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Caddy you stole my ******* line and you failed at it
I was going to go back and find the one you used earlier tonight but I couldn't be bothered! I was hoping you would notice!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You should go watch baseball because the NFL isn't about stats, it's simply not. Watch him play, watch what he does, watch the 99 yard TD catch, watch another really long touchdown pass that bounces off not 1 but 2 defenders hands, if you actually had watched the Giants this year you'd be able to see why I say he's nothing special.

His stats are spectacular (as I stated) but he's going to have to do it consistently to be anything in my mind.

As far as ATL kid goes, you're taking everything and blowing it out of proportion just like a child does when they're trying to prove a point. You claim that Eli is some great all time elite QB now because he has 2 SB wins, vs Ryan having 0 playoff wins. Did Ryan play poorly against Arizona? Yep absolutely, but if you watched the game, and I'm sure you did, you'd remember a first half in which the Cardinals were allowed to play offsides on defense the entire first quarter+ without a single penalty. A rookie in his first playoff game in an environment like Arizona (which if You've never been there you wouldn't understand how loud it gets) had a mediocre game, oh darn.

The Green Bay game the whole team played the worst game of their careers. Ryan made a horrible decision to throw a pass that really ended the game at the end of the first half, which was only magnified in the 2nd half by the joke that was the entire Falcons team, especially Chris Owens.

Against the Giants Ryan played a very good game, if it weren't for Roddy's drops his stats would have matched his level of play in the game, against the Super Bowl Champs. That's one seem you seem to overlook, Ryan hasn't lost to a team that hasn't at least gone to the Super Bowl.

Even if you take away the 99 yard touchdown, just the 1 catch which was just an absolute abomination of what was supposed to be defense, that drops him a full yard per reception, and that's just 1 catch. But go on blind stat boy, go on.

Nevermind, you're not worth any more keystrokes. Go on and rant and rave as you will.
If my grandma had a dick, she would be my grandpa. IF.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-07-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I wasnt trying to stir up ****. Just saying the offense has the POTENTIAL to be a super bowl offense, as well as having the TALENT. By no means did I mean that talent = consistency.

Its no doubt we have a top 5 offense in terms of talent but the lack of consistency and use of said talent is what hold us back. (duh, obvious statement)

I was only trying to say if for 1 season they can put it together we have a shot. Its not like we have the Bucs offense with nothing going.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LONG RANT
Old 02-08-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Man, I wasnt trying to stir up ****. Just saying the offense has the POTENTIAL to be a super bowl offense, as well as having the TALENT. By no means did I mean that talent = consistency.

Its no doubt we have a top 5 offense in terms of talent but the lack of consistency and use of said talent is what hold us back. (duh, obvious statement)

I was only trying to say if for 1 season they can put it together we have a shot. Its not like we have the Bucs offense with nothing going.
Exactly, and people like to fling **** around here, I don't have to name names, they know who they are. That's exactly what I'm talking about and I get lambasted because I have a higher Intelligence Quotient and actually want to have a real conversation that goes beyond stats.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we've got a homerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:

Anyone else find it that in this long boring post iloxy himself managed to: Blow something out of proportion to prove a point and go on a nonsensical rant? Dur.

Quote:
Exactly, and people like to fling **** around here, I don't have to name names, they know who they are. That's exactly what I'm talking about and I get lambasted because I have a higher Intelligence Quotient and actually want to have a real conversation that goes beyond stats.
Yes, you are clearly the most intelligent one here. Is it because you know how to use a proxy? Dur. How's Pat Watkins doing? Dur.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
You're clearly the most intelligent one here iloxy. That's why we want you gone, so us idiots can carry on with dumb discussions.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-08-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This was in no defense to you lol. I also think your ignorant when it comes to pretty much every topic people discuss. Pretty much solidified that by saying Victor Cruz sucked b/c he didnt light it up against our bad secondary. That was pretty stupid.

I was more so talking to all in general stating the simple obvious fact we have more than enough talent on O to win a super bowl. It is simply a matter of reaching the potential of that talent and some luck along the way.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35yyly/
Old 02-09-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
This was in no defense to you lol. I also think your ignorant when it comes to pretty much every topic people discuss. Pretty much solidified that by saying Victor Cruz sucked b/c he didnt light it up against our bad secondary. That was pretty stupid.

I was more so talking to all in general stating the simple obvious fact we have more than enough talent on O to win a super bowl. It is simply a matter of reaching the potential of that talent and some luck along the way.
Nuff said.

You don't have to defend me, I'm not asking for defense, I just thought it'd be nice to actually have an intelligent conversation, sad that the Falcons fans are the worst group on this board for that.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordy Nelson had 3 catches for 17 yards when they played us. HE SUCKS!

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Jordy Nelson had 3 catches for 17 yards when they played us. HE SUCKS!
Cam Newton threw 5 interceptions against us. HE SUCKS!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Nuff said.

You don't have to defend me, I'm not asking for defense, I just thought it'd be nice to actually have an intelligent conversation, sad that the Falcons fans are the worst group on this board for that.
You're free to leave homie. No need to keep coming back on proxies if it's that bad here.