Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
With TE suddenly becoming a major need, I wonder if we push back our issues at oline in the draft.

Do we give Beatty another year to prove himself? (I hope not, but you never know).

Do we give Brewer a shot at RT?

Do we keep Diehl at LT? Do we move him to RT and go after a LT in the draft?

Are we stuck with Baas? (ugh)

Our oline and how we address it will be the major factor in how we approach this offseason. Do they feel comfortable with our unit and just hope chemistry fixes our problems next year? Or do we look for upgrades?
I still don't think TE is that high profile a need. Since Shockey what's the most value we've placed on a TE? Kevin Boss in the 5th round of the draft? I think we sign a good blocking guy in FA and bring in a rookie somewhere, could be early if there's no OTs or MIKEs available, but could be in the mid rounds to.

I think we let McKenzie go, look at a reclamation project guy in FA to compete, like Otah if Carolina cuts him, and then draft someone since this draft has a few really intriguing tackles that would be the BPA if they're available at our picks. Then we can go into the summer with Diehl, Beatty, Brewer, Rookie and a FA battling for time.

And yes we're stuck with Baas. Between his contract, the lack of an offseason and his injuries in year one, there's no way we give up on him now. He'll get at least one more year and if he stays healthy I think he'll stay for the rest of his contract. He's better run blocker than we saw this season and he is a bright guy.

Quote:
Bennett is garbage and will never amount to anything in this league. I don't want that attitude in our lockerroom. Let him underachieve and rot away somewhere else.
*shrug* he's a guy who can be a great blocker with the tools for Pope to work with if he comes in humbled and goes to work. I mean plenty of guys have had the light go on and start working hard once they were forced to elave the team that drafted them and earn a spot somewhere. Hell look at our own team for guys like Devin Thomas and Michael Boley, those guys realized they needed to move past their childish character issues and work hard, so that's what they did. If Bennett sounds like he's come to a similar epiphany I'd give him a shot to prove it in camp. Not like we need much more than blocking from our TEs anyway or it'd keep us from spending money elsewhere or drafting a TE. Rookie, Pascoe, Bennett with Ballard and Beckum on PUP sounds pretty solid to me.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 02-08-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all for a reclamation project at OT. 1 of Otah, Jason Smith, McNeil or Gaither depending on the contracts they'd get. If we sign the last 2, let them compete with Beatty for LT and move Diehl to RT. If we sign the first 2, let Beatty and Diehl compete for LT and the loser competes with the FA for RT. Brewer I'm assuming is not yet ready to start.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's just draft a guy. Realistically, we're not addressing our interior OL. We'll roll with Baas, start Petrus and Snee. My desire for Konz is probably a pipedream anyway. I see the Ravens taking him.

Use Boothe as the guy who can fill in btw when injuries happen.

Which means we just need an OT. Whether it's a LT or RT is irrelevant, if it's a LT we move Diehl to RT. If it's a RT he replaces McKenzie.

Which means our 3 biggest needs: MIKE, OT, and TE can all be addressed in the first 3 rounds which is good enough.

Our desire of a RB can be addressed later in the draft, that 3rd WR can be had in FA, so we're looking pretty good as long as they stick to the plan, don't overpay to keep certain guys, and just draft well.

We'll be ok.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think we'd let a rookie play OT? If all you do is draft an OT, you're looking at Beatty LT, Diehl RT and Brewer as the swing. Unlike you, I'm actually fine with those 2 starting, but thats not the depth I want.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One Giant Leap For Manningkind
Pitted once more against the favored and flashy Patriots, Eli Manning and Big Blue proved superior on the biggest stage with a pulse-pounding victory in Super Bowl XLVI that will echo all the way to Canton
DAMON HACK

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...44/1/index.htm
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that this has still hit me yet. Just an incredible run again and I'm glad I got to share it with my fellow Giants fans here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made a new wall to honor this incredible run

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady on the JPP pat down.

"It's like throwing in a forest. Those guys arms are like ::Brady shakes head::"

On Boothe's holding penalty. R said to the guy, are you sure with that? It looked like he rolled off.

other judge sticks with it. penalty is called, and Coughlin wants to know why. so ref and that judge go up to Wilfork and ask if he flopped or was it a call. Wilfork said it was a bad call. Says if they miss one he will let them know, but the call was a bad one on Boothe.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those arms are so damn long lol

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a shocker but Cruz wants to get a new contract already. It'll be interesting to see the deal they work out. He's obviously severely underpaid but he's still only has 1 year under his belt at this level.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-09-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'm all for a reclamation project at OT. 1 of Otah, Jason Smith, McNeil or Gaither depending on the contracts they'd get. If we sign the last 2, let them compete with Beatty for LT and move Diehl to RT. If we sign the first 2, let Beatty and Diehl compete for LT and the loser competes with the FA for RT. Brewer I'm assuming is not yet ready to start.
Are the Rams really going to cut Jason Smith? He looked like he was really coming into his own last year at RT. With his length, feet and nastiness I thought they had a great one on their hands. I know he sucked a lot more this year but are they really thinking about cutting him? If so he becomes my third favorite Free Agent for our team, since he'd probably come for dirt cheap if he gets cut by the tackle needy rams.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't think that this has still hit me yet. Just an incredible run again and I'm glad I got to share it with my fellow Giants fans here.
Between this and the non-sense that is Jeremy Lin, I'm starting to think that Tim Tebow may have actually broken reality.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Bucs are interviewing Mike Sullivan for their OC position. I'd hate to see him go since he's done great work with the WR's and Eli.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-10-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's hope he doesn't get it. Running a run n shoot with Josh Freeman would be a disaster for that team anyway. They need a simpler offense.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Just to take what you said that in the Cowboys thread. Could you imagine how scary our D would be with Tuck, Williams, JPP, and Kiwi all lining up.

Also, I wanted to point how that Linval was a monster in the playoffs. I really think he might become a top 10 DT by next yr.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-10-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah Linval really grew throughout the season. It's funny how I think most of us expected more out of Joseph this year than JPP, bc he was less raw, but it turned out JPP developed quicker than Joseph.

I think next year he'll be much better. He's never played this many snaps in a season, and I think his body wasn't ready for it. Now with some improved technique, and a whole season worth of snaps I think Joseph can really improve his game.

Technique is still his biggest determent. He relies on his strength too much, but you can see him using more technique later in the year.

If we somehow landed Mario Williams, David Stern would void the move. That would be unfair.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It would be unfair but I can dream.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-10-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Let's just hope he doesn't become a Cowboy. Knowing the NFC East though...he's gonna become a Cowboy.

It's just a typical NFC East move. Every time a stud FA is on the market, it seems like he goes to one of our division rivals.

And in a copy cat league, I can totally see Jerry breaking the bank to have a killer dline of his own to compete against ours. The Giants and Eagles in his own division are 2 of the top 3 sacking dlines in the league statistically this year. You know Jerry is gonna make a play to even the playing field within the division.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 02-10-2012 at 02:37 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I could definitely see it as well. Let's hope he doesn't like Texas anymore after being in Houston his whole career.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-10-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The Bucs are interviewing Mike Sullivan for their OC position. I'd hate to see him go since he's done great work with the WR's and Eli.
Damn, that's bad news. He did a wonderful job with Eli this year,and our recievers prior years. He's probably going to get the gig as well, because Tampa has tried to hire just about everyone with an offensive coaching position prior to asking him, and failed.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Has the Superbowl DVD come out yet? I want to see it so bad.

It still hasn't hit me that we won the SB. This time it feels different. It's hard to explain.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I've been trying to make sense of it. I think the reason why this one feels different is bc of the 07 SB. The 07 SB was about as emotional of a sports high that you will ever have in your life. Not only was the ride as wild as they come but how it happened, the teams we beat, and the ending of winning what was probably the greatest SB ever against an undefeated team when absolutely no one thought you'd win...there's just no way to quantify that feeling. And the fact that it happened only 4 years ago, I think that takes away some of the high of this SB win.

Don't get me wrong, I think I speak for all of us when I say I'm euphoric that we won the SB, but it doesn't have the same "holy **** we won the ******* SB!" type of feeling that 07 had.

I think it's bc it was only 4 years after witnessing what was probably the greatest emotional high a sports fan can ever have.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've been trying to make sense of it. I think the reason why this one feels different is bc of the 07 SB. The 07 SB was about as emotional of a sports high that you will ever have in your life. Not only was the ride as wild as they come but how it happened, the teams we beat, and the ending of winning what was probably the greatest SB ever against an undefeated team when absolutely no one thought you'd win...there's just no way to quantify that feeling. And the fact that it happened only 4 years ago, I think that takes away some of the high of this SB win.

Don't get me wrong, I think I speak for all of us when I say I'm euphoric that we won the SB, but it doesn't have the same "holy **** we won the ******* SB!" type of feeling that 07 had.

I think it's bc it was only 4 years after witnessing what was probably the greatest emotional high a sports fan can ever have.
Absolutely agree. Plus 4 years ago was the first real championship we all experienced in football depending how old you are. I remember watching Norwood wide right but I was 7, so it's not the same.

It's kind of like if the Cubs ever won the World Series. The emotion and excitement they would feel will be better than any other baseball fan could possibly even imagine.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Absolutely agree. Plus 4 years ago was the first real championship we all experienced in football depending how old you are. I remember watching Norwood wide right but I was 7, so it's not the same.

It's kind of like if the Cubs ever won the World Series. The emotion and excitement they would feel will be better than any other baseball fan could possibly even imagine.
Yeah that was my first real SB as well. I think I was in 1st or 2nd grade when the Giants won in 1990. It wasn't the same.

I remember watching the SB DVD literally 50 times that offseason (07). This offseason feels more like a business as usual offseason.

It's almost like I expected this 2nd SB. In fact, I felt like we had a SB caliber team for the past 4 years heading into the regular season. The 1st one came out of nowhere.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yea I agree with everything you guys said as well. The only thing I remember from the 90's SB is watching the missed FG with my dad and then making an Ellio's pizza right after. I was 7 years old at the time.

sig by BoneKrusher