Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-08-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowe is the most talented, young, good-sized WR in FA. It's all about keeping his 'tude in check. I think this locker room, coaching staff and winning style would keep the kid motivated. I'm all in if the price was fair market value.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
No one ever gives up a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick for a UFA. It's way too much of a steal for the person giving up the player potentially. Especially if that player is a wide receiver of all positions. Teams don't build around wide receivers. I can only see this working for a quarterback, but if that quarterback garnered enough to warrant that kind of a trade, that player would have already signed an extension previously most likely because that player is good, and teams can build around quarterbacks. I'd rather take my chances selecting a younger, more promising receiver in the NFL Draft and then using my third rounder to get whatever else I want.
True but our biggest need is WR. It showed in the playoffs especially the Giants game that our WR core is average at best. Subtract Davis and we get blown out against the Saints. Davis was our ONLY receiving weapon. A 1st and a 3rd for Wallace would be a lot to trade away but if we acquire a 2nd for Grant, then I believe that the trade would be worth it because we would already have a higher draft pick than what we have in the 3rd and while our 1st rounder would be gone, I rather acquire a player who's already established and fits exactly what we need instead of possibly drafting the next Woods at 30 but thats just me. Also and more importantly, unless the rookie receiver can start from day one, he'll be seen as a long term project and I dont want that. I want a guy opposite Crabtree who fits our biggest need, is young, fast and a deep threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
In my dream seceniro, Bowe is a Niner. But its highly unlikely Baalke spends that much on any free agent. But man, I would love it if he did. Could you imagine Bowe and VD in same offense? Then add a speedster like Joe Adams in the draft? Then add a big red-zone target like Criner or Streeter later on as well? That's one serious upgrade to the WR corps right there.

And hopefully the NFL grants my wish and we play on Thursday night against the Giants to kick off the 2012 season. Would love to get first crack at the G-Men as defending Super Bowl champs. I will defintely be there if it happens.
Bowe wouldnt be bad but is he the speed threat that we need or another possession receiver like Crabtree? If he's like Crabtree, no thanks because he's not what the offense needs. The offense needs a deep speed playmaking receiver to take pressure off of Davis and the others.

You want Bowe, a speed receiver AND a big red zone receiver? Jeez. I prefer to just get the speed receiver in UFA if possible, re-sign Ginn and then draft another receiver in the 2nd or 4th depending on who's there. If we get Bowe, I wouldnt be mad or anything. I just dont think he's the type of receiver we need the most.

As for Wallace, I know trading away a 1st and 3rd is a lot but its not like its on some crapper. Its for an established receiver who's said to be a team player and fits exactly what we need at WR. I'm tired of getting in the red zone and settling for FG's. Best way to solve that isnt by acquiring a big red zone target, its by spreading out the defense and having a receiver who can catch the ball in the open field outside the red zone and score TD's. Wallace (and Jackson have that ability). If anything, Wallace is better than Jackson and without the problems. To me, the 30th overall draft pick could be used on a receiver and if thats the case, I would rather send that pick and our 3rd to PIT for Wallace if Jackson doesnt hit UFA.

To me, its about quality, not quantity. I dont know why some people here have a problem with Wallace but yet, not with Jackson. I can understand not wanting to give up the compensation for Wallace but then again, a lot of people here wanted Kolb or some other QB last summer and that guy sucks and still sucks. So while QB may be the most important position, that doesnt mean that a player at another position isnt as valauble if that player at the other position fits your biggest need and is worth what the team would be giving up.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And hopefully the NFL grants my wish and we play on Thursday night against the Giants to kick off the 2012 season. Would love to get first crack at the G-Men as defending Super Bowl champs. I will defintely be there if it happens.
That won't happen because for the last few years the opening game is at the Super Bowl champion's house. Giants come here next season. Part of it is to have their post Super Bowl coming out party, display a banner, etc. I'm guessing it's the Packers at the Giants for a rematch.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray McDonald arrested
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...rs+Hot+Read%29

Quote:
Ray McDonald, a fifth-year defensive lineman, was arrested early Wednesday morning in Sunnyvale for an outstanding warrant, stemming from his 2010 arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence in San Mateo County.

McDonald was released from the Santa Clara County Main Jail at just after 7 a.m., according to Sgt. Jose Cordoza of the Santa Clara Sheriff’s Department.

(Update: It’s believed the warrant was issued for failure to provide proof of completion of his first-offender program.)
49ers leading the league in arrests so far this off-season. I'm sure the Bengals will start heating up in a couple of weeks.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus Christ!!! WTF is wrong with these people??? UGH.

Not a good off-season thus far.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowe will probably get tagged over their CB Carr:
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4184/dwayne-bowe
Quote:
After a recent conversation with Dwayne Bowe, SI.com's Jim Trotter believes the free agent wants to stay with the Chiefs if the contract is right.Bowe is likely seeking a deal similar to Santonio Holmes' five-year, $45 million contract. Speculation around Kansas City is that the Chiefs will sign one of Bowe or CB Brandon Carr to a long-term deal and use the franchise tag on the other. Trotter believes the Chiefs are certain to tag Bowe if a deal can't be worked out
Jason LaConfora has the 49ers and Rams as early favorites for Vincent Jackson:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-diego-...V-Jax-and-Rice
Mike Lombardi brought up that teams without cap space will struggle to have flexability to fit a guy like Jackson's contract under their cap. Would imagine SF would be the big favorite for Jackson.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That won't happen because for the last few years the opening game is at the Super Bowl champion's house. Giants come here next season. Part of it is to have their post Super Bowl coming out party, display a banner, etc. I'm guessing it's the Packers at the Giants for a rematch.
Could have sworn we play at their house...
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Bowe will probably get tagged over their CB Carr:
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4184/dwayne-bowe

Jason LaConfora has the 49ers and Rams as early favorites for Vincent Jackson:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-diego-...V-Jax-and-Rice
Mike Lombardi brought up that teams without cap space will struggle to have flexability to fit a guy like Jackson's contract under their cap. Would imagine SF would be the big favorite for Jackson.
I'd rather have Meachem honestly. Cheaper and younger. Dont get me wrong, VJ is a helluva of a talent but I really wouldnt be comforatable spending that kind of money on anyone but Bowe. VJ seems like he's hurt more than Gore.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Could have sworn we play at their house...
Giants come to SF:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/02...-is-deceiving/

Expect a lot of primetime games next season.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd rather have Meachem honestly. Cheaper and younger. Dont get me wrong, VJ is a helluva of a talent but I really wouldnt be comforatable spending that kind of money on anyone but Bowe. VJ seems like he's hurt more than Gore.
Depends on what the cap space is after Alex, Goldson, Brooks, and (potentially) Rogers. We know how tight SF is in free agency but this team is a legit Super Bowl contender and if you can bring in Jackson it would put you over the top on offense. Then SF can focus using their 1st round draft pick somewhere else.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

Bowe wouldnt be bad but is he the speed threat that we need or another possession receiver like Crabtree? If he's like Crabtree, no thanks because he's not what the offense needs. The offense needs a deep speed playmaking receiver to take pressure off of Davis and the others.

You want Bowe, a speed receiver AND a big red zone receiver? Jeez. I prefer to just get the speed receiver in UFA if possible, re-sign Ginn and then draft another receiver in the 2nd or 4th depending on who's there. If we get Bowe, I wouldnt be mad or anything. I just dont think he's the type of receiver we need the most.

As for Wallace, I know trading away a 1st and 3rd is a lot but its not like its on some crapper. Its for an established receiver who's said to be a team player and fits exactly what we need at WR. I'm tired of getting in the red zone and settling for FG's. Best way to solve that isnt by acquiring a big red zone target, its by spreading out the defense and having a receiver who can catch the ball in the open field outside the red zone and score TD's. Wallace (and Jackson have that ability). If anything, Wallace is better than Jackson and without the problems. To me, the 30th overall draft pick could be used on a receiver and if thats the case, I would rather send that pick and our 3rd to PIT for Wallace if Jackson doesnt hit UFA.

To me, its about quality, not quantity. I dont know why some people here have a problem with Wallace but yet, not with Jackson. I can understand not wanting to give up the compensation for Wallace but then again, a lot of people here wanted Kolb or some other QB last summer and that guy sucks and still sucks. So while QB may be the most important position, that doesnt mean that a player at another position isnt as valauble if that player at the other position fits your biggest need and is worth what the team would be giving up.
Bowe a possesion WR? Apparently you haven't watched Bowe much. Bowe is 6'2, 228 lbs and runs a 4.42. He's a complete WR. Wallace isn't even half the WR Bowe is. He runs every route, makes tough grabs over the middle, legit deep threat, as physical a WR as I've seen, won't get bullied off his line like Wallace, DJax, and other featherweights. And a jumpball demon. He's everything you want in a WR. A complete WR. He should be mentioned with the Megatrons and the Fitzgeralds of the world. He's as talented as they come. You said quality over quanity. Ok, name me one thing Wallace does better than Bowe other than beating him in a foot race? It's not even a debate as far as Im concerned. Wallace is a WR you add to complement a #1 WR. Bowe is a #1 WR.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Bowe a possesion WR? Apparently you haven't watched Bowe much. Bowe is 6'2, 228 lbs and runs a 4.42. He's a complete WR. Wallace isn't even half the WR Bowe is. He runs every route, makes tough grabs over the middle, legit deep threat, as physical a WR as I've seen, won't get bullied off his line like Wallace, DJax, and other featherweights. And a jumpball demon. He's everything you want in a WR. A complete WR. He should be mentioned with the Megatrons and the Fitzgeralds of the world. He's as talented as they come. You said quality over quanity. Ok, name me one thing Wallace does better than Bowe other than beating him in a foot race? It's not even a debate as far as Im concerned. Wallace is a WR you add to complement a #1 WR. Bowe is a #1 WR.
Johnson, Fitzgerald category??? Sorry, I dont think that. I think that Bowe is good but you say he's a complete receiver and a number one receiver. If thats true, why on earth would KC let him even hit UFA? He runs a 4.42??? Now or years ago when he was a rookie or in college? As for watching him, not really, here and there but then again, since this past season was the first time that I was actually able to watch other games outside of NY, I mainly watched my 49ers play as I didnt really care about other teams. If I need info on a player that im interested in from another team, I'll ask fans of that team.

Bowe 71 rec, 985 yds, 13.8 avg and 7 tds
Wallace 57 rec, 1068 yds, 18.7 avg and 8 tds

When looking at the stats, Wallace has the edge in yards, average and tds even though the yards and tds are very close. The average is where Wallace has separation and lets be honest, Wallace may just be a speed receiver but if he's five yards away from the defender and the QB gets him the ball and he runs it in for a TD, does all the other stuff really matter when you can out run everyone else? Crabtree is the possession receiver and I personally want the speed guy because in my eyes thats the element thats missing. Bowe will be 28 in Sept. while Wallace will be 26 in August. Its been said that Bowe has been lazy with a bad work ethic and just not into it at times where as with Wallace, its the opposite.

With all that said, im still hoping for DeSean Jackson first and foremost but if he gets franchised, Wallace is then first on my list. Only reason why I have Jackson ahead of Wallace is because unlike Wallace, acquiring Jackson wouldnt require any trade compensation if he hits UFA. If he's franchised, then im hoping for Wallace but with that said, if Bowe hits UFA and we get him, im not going to be pissed or anything. Not the main receiver I want but he's good and better than Crabtree and should still help out the offense. Of course, almost any top tier UFA, RFA or franchised receiver would help out our offense so thats not saying much either.

If Jackson and Bowe gets franchised, then yeah, im hoping the team goes after Wallace. If you're going to spend money and trade away draft picks, it should be for a young player who has a bigger upside than most.

At least we agree about Vincent Jackson who just turned 29 a few weeks ago. :)

Either way, another month to go and we'll see what happens and who we kept and who we didnt.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Johnson, Fitzgerald category??? Sorry, I dont think that. I think that Bowe is good but you say he's a complete receiver and a number one receiver. If thats true, why on earth would KC let him even hit UFA? He runs a 4.42??? Now or years ago when he was a rookie or in college? As for watching him, not really, here and there but then again, since this past season was the first time that I was actually able to watch other games outside of NY, I mainly watched my 49ers play as I didnt really care about other teams. If I need info on a player that im interested in from another team, I'll ask fans of that team.

Bowe 71 rec, 985 yds, 13.8 avg and 7 tds
Wallace 57 rec, 1068 yds, 18.7 avg and 8 tds

When looking at the stats, Wallace has the edge in yards, average and tds even though the yards and tds are very close. The average is where Wallace has separation and lets be honest, Wallace may just be a speed receiver but if he's five yards away from the defender and the QB gets him the ball and he runs it in for a TD, does all the other stuff really matter when you can out run everyone else? Crabtree is the possession receiver and I personally want the speed guy because in my eyes thats the element thats missing. Bowe will be 28 in Sept. while Wallace will be 26 in August. Its been said that Bowe has been lazy with a bad work ethic and just not into it at times where as with Wallace, its the opposite.

With all that said, im still hoping for DeSean Jackson first and foremost but if he gets franchised, Wallace is then first on my list. Only reason why I have Jackson ahead of Wallace is because unlike Wallace, acquiring Jackson wouldnt require any trade compensation if he hits UFA. If he's franchised, then im hoping for Wallace but with that said, if Bowe hits UFA and we get him, im not going to be pissed or anything. Not the main receiver I want but he's good and better than Crabtree and should still help out the offense. Of course, almost any top tier UFA, RFA or franchised receiver would help out our offense so thats not saying much either.

If Jackson and Bowe gets franchised, then yeah, im hoping the team goes after Wallace. If you're going to spend money and trade away draft picks, it should be for a young player who has a bigger upside than most.

At least we agree about Vincent Jackson who just turned 29 a few weeks ago. :)

Either way, another month to go and we'll see what happens and who we kept and who we didnt.
You should NEVER use just stats to justify a player. Alot variables go into stats. Kind of offense, QB play, etc. Bowe doesn't have eye-popping stats because he is the only weapon in.the receiving game there. He's like VD is here....the only legitmate threat defenses gameplan for. McCluster is a gadget guy. They have no one else. If you haven't watch Bowe play, than I dont expect you to understand the kind of talent he is. And KC isn't going to just let him walk, of course not. But ppl around are calling for him for a reason. Because they see what I and many other see. But him in a offense with some talent and he will flourish.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My FA WR wishlist:

1. Colston
2. DJax
3. Bowe
4. VJax

5. Johnson
6. Meachem
7. Garcon

8. Manningham

9. Burress

Notes:
-I'm not as high on Garcon as most of you guys. I don't like the fit for SF.
-I'm not even putting Welker on there cause he isn't leaving NE.
-Burress is merely on there in case all the other guys sign elsewhere, then I'd sign him and hope he becomes a redzone solution.
-I'd take any of the guys in the first tier. All of them would be massive upgrades at WR.
-If they get a smaller WR like DJax or Johnson, then I really want a tall WR in the draft like Streeter. I'm enamored with him.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

What do you mean by Garcon not being a good fit Borat? And Djax over Bowe?
Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
You should NEVER use just stats to justify a player. Alot variables go into stats. Kind of offense, QB play, etc. Bowe doesn't have eye-popping stats because he is the only weapon in.the receiving game there. He's like VD is here....the only legitmate threat defenses gameplan for. McCluster is a gadget guy. They have no one else. If you haven't watch Bowe play, than I dont expect you to understand the kind of talent he is. And KC isn't going to just let him walk, of course not. But ppl around are calling for him for a reason. Because they see what I and many other see. But him in a offense with some talent and he will flourish.
I only use stats to see if the player is consistent year in and year out. The main thing I dont like about Bowe is that like DeSean, he's a diva plain and simple but unlike DeSean, he's three years older and has less upside than Jackson in my opinion. I havent seen a lot of Bowe because I dont care about KC. Only team I watch besides the 49ers are the Ravens because I love a few of their defensive players and Rice. After them, I would watch a major game like NYG/DAL or something like that but honestly, dont care who wins unless its helps the 49ers.

I'm not saying that Bowe isnt good or doesnt have the talent. I'm saying that I prefer two players over him, thats all. Everyone has their own personal preferences. Of course, if Jackson and Bowe get franchised than Wallace jumps up to number one on my list. He's currently second after Jackson. Bowe is third. All the other receivers are pretty much bunched together because I either dont want them or think that once they leave their dome and QB (Colston/Meachem), they will do nothing and be a waste of money.

If Bowe somehow hits UFA and we sign him, im still going to be happy that we got a legitimate number one receiver. Of course, I think that Jackson or Wallace would also be our number one receiver. In the end, while im hoping for Jackson, Wallace and Bowe in that order, I'll be happy if we at the very least get one of the three.

Quote:
My FA WR wishlist:

1. Colston
2. DJax
3. Bowe
4. VJax

5. Johnson
6. Meachem
7. Garcon

8. Manningham

9. Burress

Notes:
-I'm not as high on Garcon as most of you guys. I don't like the fit for SF.
-I'm not even putting Welker on there cause he isn't leaving NE.
-Burress is merely on there in case all the other guys sign elsewhere, then I'd sign him and hope he becomes a redzone solution.
-I'd take any of the guys in the first tier. All of them would be massive upgrades at WR.
-If they get a smaller WR like DJax or Johnson, then I really want a tall WR in the draft like Streeter. I'm enamored with him.
-Have no interest in Colston. Mark my words, if he leaves Brees and the dome, he's not going to do anything.
-DeSean is number one on my list ahead of Wallace and only because he's slightly younger and because he wont require any trade compensation if he hits UFA. If DeSean gets franchised, Wallace automatically becomes my number one receiver on my wish list.
-Bowe is damn good. I'm not saying that he's not but he's also a few years older and I dont like his crappy work ethic and attitude that people say he has. DeSean is a diva too but he's younger and has a bigger upside than Bowe.
-Vincent just turned 29 and you dont give a huge multi year contract to a player thats a year away from being 30. Add in his off the field troubles and I have no interest in this guy.

-Who's Johnson? Only Johnson I can think of is Bryant Johnson and I dont want him whatsoever. Been there, done that.
-Meachem....see Colston.
-Garcon is good but he also plays in a dome and had Manning. Will probably rebound with Luck but outside of a dome in the elements, I stay away. Basically the same as Colston and Meachem.
-Manningham is good but only because of Nicks and Cruz. Subtract them and he's average at best. No thanks.
-Burress???? **** NO!!! He sucks, is old and a pain in the ass. No thanks.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The players I don't want:

Burress
Meachem
D. Jackson

Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Explain to me how Bowe is a diva? Your quick to label a guy you just said you really don't know much about. I find that quite odd. How can you judge any player really that isnt a Raven or 49er? Because according to you, those are the only two teams you watch.

Bowe has had some issues with his attitude and supposedly him and Haley did not get along, but Im not sure how that equates to being a diva. From my understanding, Haley rubbed alot ppl in and around the Chiefs organization the wrong way and that Bowe didnt back down from him and that's why they often clashed. Bowe excells in doing the dirty work also. He's a willing and devastating run-blocker as WRs go. Maybe I'm wrong but I dont recall any stories of him demanding the ball more or calling out his QB. People throw out the word 'diva' way too much when it comes to WRs who don't tow the company line.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The players I don't want:

Burress
Meachem
D. Jackson
Why not Meachem?
Old 02-09-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Explain to me how Bowe is a diva? Your quick to label a guy you just said you really don't know much about. I find that quite odd. How can you judge any player really that isnt a Raven or 49er? Because according to you, those are the only two teams you watch.

Bowe has had some issues with his attitude and supposedly him and Haley did not get along, but Im not sure how that equates to being a diva. From my understanding, Haley rubbed alot ppl in and around the Chiefs organization the wrong way and that Bowe didnt back down from him and that's why they often clashed. Bowe excells in doing the dirty work also. He's a willing and devastating run-blocker as WRs go. Maybe I'm wrong but I dont recall any stories of him demanding the ball more or calling out his QB. People throw out the word 'diva' way too much when it comes to WRs who don't tow the company line.
I'm just going by what I remember reading about Bowe. Thats pretty much it. I do believe that nearly every receiver is a diva in some way, shape or form. Look at the list of the receivers, you, others and I want. They're pretty much all divas or have work ethic problems or off the field problems or whatever. My main pet peeve is off the field problems because those you can control. Problems with the team or in the locker room, you can deal with easier.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Why not Meachem?
He just never panned out as the receiver he was supposed to be. He was a first round pick and hasn't lived up to his status. I think Henderson is ahead of him on the Saints depth chart. He was supposed to be a number one type of receiver. I know it isn't his fault where he was drafted, I just don't think he's that special of a player. He gets around 700 to 800 yards a year with Brees, and I think Brees makes him better than he really is. He's just not a game breaker. If we signed him, "meh" is how I would feel about it. Maybe Harbaugh inc. can turn him into something more though.

Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He just never panned out as the receiver he was supposed to be. He was a first round pick and hasn't lived up to his status. I think Henderson is ahead of him on the Saints depth chart. He was supposed to be a number one type of receiver. I know it isn't his fault where he was drafted, I just don't think he's that special of a player. He gets around 700 to 800 yards a year with Brees, and I think Brees makes him better than he really is. He's just not a game breaker. If we signed him, "meh" is how I would feel about it. Maybe Harbaugh inc. can turn him into something more though.
I've never been big into looking at past tags on a player. If we went by that logic then the 49ers shouldn't have signed Carlos Rogers last season. I also think with how spread out that scheme is it is a crapshoot after Graham, Colston, and Sproles (in terms of targets) of who produces. Meachem finished 7th in targets on the Saints this season. I wouldn't overpay but his 15.5 yards per catch does make him appealing for this offense.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm just going by what I remember reading about Bowe. Thats pretty much it. I do believe that nearly every receiver is a diva in some way, shape or form. Look at the list of the receivers, you, others and I want. They're pretty much all divas or have work ethic problems or off the field problems or whatever. My main pet peeve is off the field problems because those you can control. Problems with the team or in the locker room, you can deal with easier.
Only issue I remember Bowe having was keeping his weight in check. Aside from that he has been a model guy. He is looking for a contract similar to Holmes and KC isn't sure if they want to pay that much. They also still have to figure out what they are going to do with CB B.Carr. Which is why they aren't sure if he will get tagged or not. Bowe isn't in the same class as Calvin or Fitz but he is near the top 10. Remember,when looking at stats, he had Tyler Palko throwing to him last season. /shudders
Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I've never been big into looking at past tags on a player. If we went by that logic then the 49ers shouldn't have signed Carlos Rogers last season. I also think with how spread out that scheme is it is a crapshoot after Graham, Colston, and Sproles (in terms of targets) of who produces. Meachem finished 7th in targets on the Saints this season. I wouldn't overpay but his 15.5 yards per catch does make him appealing for this offense.
Yeah, but there may be a reason why he is seventh in targets instead of in the top three, even with a HOF quarterback throwing to him for the last several years. I don't think he would suck hard if he came here, I just don't think he would be a gamebreaker. As long as he got open and got separation down the field, catches the ball I guess I can't be that disappointed.

Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Only issue I remember Bowe having was keeping his weight in check. Aside from that he has been a model guy. He is looking for a contract similar to Holmes and KC isn't sure if they want to pay that much. They also still have to figure out what they are going to do with CB B.Carr. Which is why they aren't sure if he will get tagged or not. Bowe isn't in the same class as Calvin or Fitz but he is near the top 10. Remember,when looking at stats, he had Tyler Palko throwing to him last season. /shudders
From wikipedia -

On November 17, 2009, Bowe was suspended for 4 games for an NFL drug violation. He had taken a diuretic, which can be used as a masking agent to disguise anabolic steroid use.

I knew there was more to Bowe than what guys here were saying so I decided to look into it for myself. Regardless of whether or not the above is true in regards to Bowe having drug problems, thats just one of the many examples as to why I will always prefer an asshole over someone who quite honestly, cant be trusted to not do anything stupid off the field.

And I'll say it again - in the locker room, not all but most players who are assholes can be controlled or at least tamed. Off the field, there's no way to know what any player is or isnt doing unless you're going to spy on him 24/7.

Either way, I wouldnt complain if we're able to get Bowe as an UFA. All im saying is that I would prefer two other receivers instead of him if possible.