Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 12-07-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnG View Post
He does like him though. Shanny thinks Landry can be a playmaker. Questionable with all of these injuries, but I wouldn't be surprised if they franchise him. From articles that analyze this, it seems in order of likelihood, option 1 is Franchise Tag, option 2 is let him walk, option 3 is long-term contract.

-For the people here who enjoy seeing us lose games, have no fear, we'll lose the next 4. Trent Williams and Fred Davis are suspended for the rest of the season. There goes what remains of our offense.
You must be forgetting the Tebowzz of tight endzzz

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Williams has to be considered a mild disappointment after two years, to be drafted as high as he was he certainly has not lived up to his status.

Fred Davis is just a bonehead, its a shame because he really improved ever year.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Impressive win. Love beating the Giants. I thought it was the best game yet from our defense. Especially the secondary. Both DHall and Wilson played a very good game. Love seeing Orakpo and Kerrigan both get sacks and damn if Bowen isn't a beast.

Also thought that Polumbus played really well. Could turn out to be a good depth player going forward. Willie held his own decently as well. Not confident in either as full time starters but I like that they are making the most out of this experience and hopefully it'll help build depth later. Glad to see Niles Paul get some snaps but damnit please throw him some balls. I want to see what he can do in the passing game.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
BnG
Rookie

BnG hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, a completely unexpected win. It hurt our draft position, but **** it. We swept the Giants, I'm happy about that.

Our defense is somehow looking very solid. It's like our players are suddenly getting what they're supposed to be doing.

On offense, it's clear we need a #1 WR, hopefully that'll be Hankerson. But we've got some great WR depth assuming we do in fact get or develop a #1 WR.
BnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
BnG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Trent Williams has to be considered a mild disappointment after two years, to be drafted as high as he was he certainly has not lived up to his status.

Fred Davis is just a bonehead, its a shame because he really improved ever year.
Trent Williams is a beast on the field though. He hasn't been a disappointment, as he was our best o-lineman every week pretty consistently. He also run blocks very well.

Fred Davis has improved as a receiver, sure. But he's still a bad blocker. We still need Cooley back, because Davis is a little too hit or miss with his blocking.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
BnG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Impressive win. Love beating the Giants. I thought it was the best game yet from our defense. Especially the secondary. Both DHall and Wilson played a very good game. Love seeing Orakpo and Kerrigan both get sacks and damn if Bowen isn't a beast.
Yep. Our defense is very solid. Wilson, Cofield, and Bowen were all good FA pickups. I really want to see what our guys do next year with a full offseason and a year of experience in this system under their belt. Also with Jarvis Jenkins coming back so we can actually have a good d-line rotation.

Quote:
Also thought that Polumbus played really well. Could turn out to be a good depth player going forward. Willie held his own decently as well. Not confident in either as full time starters but I like that they are making the most out of this experience and hopefully it'll help build depth later. Glad to see Niles Paul get some snaps but damnit please throw him some balls. I want to see what he can do in the passing game.
Yeah, I'll agree with most of that. I don't think Willie or Polumbus can start for us in the future, although Willie could surprise me. Both were solid in pass protection. Polumbus is a beat weak while run blocking though. I'm actually wondering what would happen if we moved Willie over to the right side. Willie is inconsistent while run blocking, one play he goes nowhere, the next he drives his man back. I guess that's what you can expect from a rookie, and a UDFA at that.

I don't think Niles Paul will be of any service to us in the passing game for at least another year. His routes aren't good enough. But as long as he sees and works on the little things that Stallworth and Gaffney do to get open on intermediate routes, he could be valuable to us. His run blocking is fantastic. Sometimes I'll just see him drive his man way back.

I think our receivers for next year are Gaffney, Hankerson, Moss, Stallworth, and Paul. Paul's run blocking and special teams are too valuable to leave off the team, so he'll be allowed more time to develop as a WR. Which is great. I imagine Armstrong leaves in FA, and Austin gets cut.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Rumours are that Beck will start Sunday. Shanny needs to secure a high draft position and Beck gives us a better chance, LOL. Seriously both QBs , should be off the roster in 2012.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tandler claims the Skins are planning to franchise Fred Davis and not Laron. Says there could be interest in transition tag on Laron.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Rank your QB Preferences:

1. Draft Andrew Luck
2. Sign Peyton, trade back for Tannehill
3. Sign Peyton, draft QB mid rounds or next year
4. Draft RG3 at 6
5. Trade up for RG3
-----
6. Trade down for Tannehill, sign Orton
7. Tannehill at 6, sign Orton
8. Sign Flynn
-----
9. Draft mid round QB, sign Orton

That seems to about cover everything I can think of. Hash marks seperate my "tiers" of preference. The one scenario I honestly can't envision is one that would involve both Peyton and Luck/RG3.

Last edited by DiG : 02-08-2012 at 10:47 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tier 1
1. RG3

Tier 2
Everything else
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure about Griffin...good prospect and all but no one seems to question anything about him.

If he fell to six than the Redskins should draft him, the only QB they should be trading up for is Luck.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Per Laron:

"This year, I went back to the same doctor in Anderson and he instructed the best thing for me was to get open up and fully cut my Achilles and that's a tough surgery as it takes a year and a half to heal," he continued.

"So I went to get a second and a third opinion and everyone I've talked to, and not to criticize Dr. Anderson, but they said, ‘why would you want to operate on that Achilles' when there are other options to healing?' So that's where the hick-up comes in with the team. I told them I wanted to try the other procedure and it's better than the PRP and the procedure would allow my body and heel to strengthen, along with my bone structure and tendons, instead of cutting and taking away those things. It would heal on its own, so why not grant me the opportunity to do this procedure before going through a major surgery?"

On new DB coach:

“I’m happy he’s here, I’m looking forward in meeting him and hope to play with him,” said Landry. “Hopefully, if everything comes around and get worked out the way it suppose to work out, despite having surgeries and everything. Hopefully, the team isn’t thinking otherwise and we can talk about next. Other than that, I can’t wait to meet him.”

Last edited by DiG : 02-09-2012 at 09:46 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tandler claims the Skins are planning to franchise Fred Davis and not Laron. Says there could be interest in transition tag on Laron.
You can't just come to an agreement on Davis? He's good but the Franchise tag seems too extreme. He's not a Top 5 TE in the league. Do you really want to pay him like one?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You can't just come to an agreement on Davis? He's good but the Franchise tag seems too extreme. He's not a Top 5 TE in the league. Do you really want to pay him like one?
I think that he probably wants a sizeable long term contract and the Skins probably want him to first prove that he can play a full season without injury/suspensions. I honestly think he can be a top 5 TE with a real QB and a full season. He was 3rd this year in average yards/game among TEs with a crappy QB. He was 8th in yards and only played 12 games.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
A good business move by Shanny/Allen,
T.E. is one of the cheapest positions to franchise
approx $5.5 mill as opposed to nearly $10 mill for a W.R.

Not heard that it is a good year for drafting a T.E.(though wouldn't mind coby fleener) so the Skins see if Davis stays clean and mean in 2012 and pay him next year or Shanny drafts his own T.E. IN 2013.

D-Unit, how do you fancy playing two Mannings a year in the NFC East-would it add to the cowboys cup of woe?

(this, of course, has still to be determined).
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Can't do both.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

wtf should they franchise landy? all he's done the last two seasons is miss half of each season,and not have surgery! he's good as gone.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crazyredskinsfan View Post
wtf should they franchise landy? all he's done the last two seasons is miss half of each season,and not have surgery! he's good as gone.
They're not going to tag Landry...
Old 02-17-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Landry can leave as far as i am concerned. He is a good player and has improved but does not have the elite ball skills. His injury history does not help his case either.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

After 3 rounds of the draft and free agency, heres what ive got our depth chart looking like:

Offense
QB - Robert Griffin // David Garrard // Matt Leinart
RB - Roy Helu // Evan Royster
FB - Darrel Young
WR - Marques Colston // Leonard Hankerson // Niles Paul
WR - Jabar Gaffney // Eddie Royal // Aldrick Robinson
TE - Chris Cooley // Fred Davis // Logan Paulsen
LT - Trent Williams // Willie Smith
LG - Kory Lightensteiger // Will Montgomery
C - Chris Myers
RG - Chris Chester // Sean Locklear
RT - Barry Richardson // Mitchell Schwartz

Defense
DE - Adam Carriker // Jarvis Jenkins
NT - Barry Coefield // Chris Neild
DE - Stephen Bowen
OLB - Brian Orakpo
MLB - Perry Riley // Keyaron Fox
MLB - London Fletcher
OLB - Ryan Kerrigan // Rob Jackson
CB - DeAngelo Hall // Kevin Barnes
CB - Josh Wilson // Byron Westrbook // Brandyn Thompson
FS - Markelle Martin // DeJon Gomes
SS -Tyvon Branch

I dont know about you guys but I'd be all for an offseason that produced that kind of outcome.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes please
Old 02-27-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does everyone feel about the proposed rumor of trading our 1,2,3 in 2012 and 1 in 2013?

At this point, if that will secure the #2 pick I say go for it.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

You easily do that and call it a day
Old 02-27-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

You all ready for your Robert Griffin III Redskins jerseys?!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we get RG3 i could really care less who else we get. we were a good qb away from being in the playoffs last year.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote