Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-09-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Big Board 2/9/2012

1) Andrew Luck-QB-Stanford
2) Justin Blackmon-WR-Oklahoma State
3) Robert Griffin III-QB-Baylor
4) Morris Claiborne-CB-LSU
5) Matt Kalil-T-USC
6) Trent Richardson-RB-Alabama
7) David DeCastro-G-Stanford
8) Devon Still-DT-Penn State
9) Riley Rieff-T-Iowa
10) Quinton Coples-DE-North Carolina
11) Janoris Jenkins-CB-North Alabama
12) Kendall Wright-WR-Baylor
13) Jonathan Martin-T-Stanford
14) Dre Kirkpatrick-CB-Alabama
15) Melvin Ingram-DE-South Carolina
16) Courtney Upshaw-DE/OLB-Alabama
17) Nick Perry-DE/OLB-USC
18) Michael Floyd-WR-Notre Dame
19) Cordy Glenn-T/G-Alabama
20) Michael Brockers-DT-LSU
21) Luke Kuechly-ILB-Boston College
22) Dontari Poe-DT-Memphis
23) Mike Adams-T-Ohio State
24) Peter Konz-C-Wisconsin
25) Zach Brown-OLB-North Carolina
26) Mark Barron-S-Alabama
27) Ryan Tannehill-QB-Texas A&M
28) Vontaze Burfict-ILB-Arizona State
29) Jared Crick-DE-Nebraska
30) Bill Bentley-CB-Louisiana Lafayette
31) Whitney Mercilus-DE/OLB-Illinois
32) Brandon Thompson-DT-Clemson
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Adams has at least propelled himself to being above the likes of Glenn and Martin.

Janoris Jenkins has had a severe drop off after his rumored height of 5'6" IIRC
Nor would I have Dre in my top 20 (If there is one thing I trust Mayock on its DBs)

Brockers might easily be the best DL prospect in this draft and certainly above Still (who is WAY too high)

Just some quick observations.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like your list for the most part. I don't think Trent Richardson should be that low and I don't get the love for Jonathan Martin, but other than that, solid.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Mike Adams has at least propelled himself to being above the likes of Glenn and Martin.

Nor would I have Dre in my top 20 (If there is one thing I trust Mayock on its DBs)

Brockers might easily be the best DL prospect in this draft and certainly above Still (who is WAY too high)

I think Glenn and Adams both had great Senior Bowl Weeks from what I saw. I give Glenn the edge because of his versatility, he also has much better feet than I thought.

I agree with you with Mayock, he has had a good track record with DB's. I just can't figure out his problem with Kirkpatrick, I love his physicality and I think playing in that Bama defense can only help him at the next level. I think Jenkins may be the most natural cover corner in Draft.

Brockers I am just not sold on, not yet at least. I watched Devon Still all season long, and every game he was a force to be reckoned with, commanding a double team nearly every play.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Brockers is really, really raw. Potential is through the roof but he is too raw to justify being really high IMO. Plus it's not like he has had major production. Pretty high bust potential IMO.

Also, where are you seeing about Jenkins' height? I thought he measured in just under 5'10 at the Senior Bowl

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post

Also, where are you seeing about Jenkins' height? I thought he measured in just under 5'10 at the Senior Bowl
He did, no way is he that height, I mean thats like Darren Sproles level.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...hlight=jenkins

I was wrong, 5'9" ...still pretty small for a #1 #2 type CB in this league

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Justin Blackmon just isn't going #2 unless he runs an insane 40.

RGIII most likely with Kalil having an outside chance.
Jack203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack203 View Post
Justin Blackmon just isn't going #2 unless he runs an insane 40.

RGIII most likely with Kalil having an outside chance.
These are rankings not draft slots, similar but not the same

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...hlight=jenkins

I was wrong, 5'9" ...still pretty small for a #1 #2 type CB in this league
It's not ideal but it's not a liability for the style of player he is. He will make a living being a guy who plays predominantly off zone coverage and will seldom have to play man coverage. If he is used like someone like Asante Samuel he could be a great player

Old 02-10-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
It's not ideal but it's not a liability for the style of player he is. He will make a living being a guy who plays predominantly off zone coverage and will seldom have to play man coverage. If he is used like someone like Asante Samuel he could be a great player
I think, coupled with other concerns, it will push him down teams big boards.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Steele View Post
30) Bill Bentley-CB-Louisiana Lafayette
I gotta ask, who?
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I gotta ask, who?
Ok maybe its a biy premature and maybe a bit too high but I LOVE this guy after Senior Bowl week, he looked really good almost every single rep, kind of reminds me of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can verify that Bentley was an absolute monster at the Senior Bowl. I don't see him falling past round two after his performance. His hips, quickness, and pure coverage skills are top-notch.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I gotta ask, who?
Every small school CB is going to be compared to DRC now. Just go with the flow.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:40 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
I think, coupled with other concerns, it will push him down teams big boards.
Yeah I agree. I think he's probably a top ten talent in the draft with ball skills but he won't go that high obviously.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put Brockers a bit higher. Sure sure, he isn't a finished product just yet but his upside is tremendous
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His name is actually Dwight Bentley, not Bill.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
His name is actually Dwight Bentley, not Bill.
Thanks... that makes a big difference.
How tall is he, did he measure officially anywhere?